Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

Hype meter....

13

Comments

  • GhostshadowsGhostshadows PyongyangPosts: 70Member

    If Darkfall 2 is at teh top then that means a lot to the sandbox mmo community...current themeparks just arent cutting it anymore.

    Especially with meaningless non risk/reward pvp, only cool ones were like Aion/Lineage 2 and just about every other themepark was meh....

    Thank You Aventurine!

    People take the internet too serious...go out get some sun and cool off

  • KaspanovaKaspanova LondonPosts: 61Member Uncommon

    PLEASE NOTE: Manipulation of the hype-meter will result in the reset and disabling of this game's ratings. Examples of manipulation include (but are not limited to): creating multiple accounts in order to drive up the rating, developers encouraging fans to vote the rating to a specific number, and the offering of incentives for fans to vote up the rating (such as in-game rewards).

     

    Reset the meter, if the game is that promising, it will reach the heights again, without manipulation.

  • CaldrinCaldrin CwmbranPosts: 4,533Member Uncommon

    there has been no manipulation just people voting for a game they are hyped about.. that is what the hype meter is there for..

     

    Darkfall is the only MMORPG that has lept me playing after the first month.. it was awesome fun and nothing comes close..

    Myself I cant wait to get my hands on DF:UW, the origional launch was great fun so hopefulyl the launch for this will be just as good :)

  • GreymoorGreymoor ManchesterPosts: 801Member
    Originally posted by Kaspanova

    PLEASE NOTE: Manipulation of the hype-meter will result in the reset and disabling of this game's ratings. Examples of manipulation include (but are not limited to): creating multiple accounts in order to drive up the rating, developers encouraging fans to vote the rating to a specific number, and the offering of incentives for fans to vote up the rating (such as in-game rewards).

     

    Reset the meter, if the game is that promising, it will reach the heights again, without manipulation.

    And by that definition, where is the manipulation here?

    Informing other people about this site is NOT on that list of rules.

  • OboyyOboyy PitePosts: 15Member
    Originally posted by Kaspanova

     

     

    Reset the meter, if the game is that promising, it will reach the heights again, without manipulation.

    Its no manipulation, we want this game.

     

     

    Let us hype it. (i havent even hyped it, will hype a 10)

  • WizardryWizardry Ontario, CanadaPosts: 8,423Member Uncommon

    Does it really matter?I don't ever look at some poll or numbers to tell me weatrher i like a game or not.

    WHat i have seen they are doing,i think it looks like a smart idea,i think the game will intrigue some people.

    I read about lots of things the yare doing,but one thing i never heard about is how barren the lands will seem.I feel their team is probably too small to create lots of assests,but idk this Greek guy seems to be dedicated to making a good game,he just needed some cash flow.

    DF was a nice shell of a game,i expect this game/version to be better ,i might actually pick up and try it.


    Samoan Diamond

  • KaspanovaKaspanova LondonPosts: 61Member Uncommon
    No harm, no foul. Don't get all defensive now lol
  • OboyyOboyy PitePosts: 15Member
    Originally posted by Kaspanova
    No harm, no foul. Don't get all defensive now lol

    Its not about getting defensive tho, it was just responses to your post.

     

     

     

  • SuncrossSuncross Haines City, FLPosts: 3Member
    Originally posted by Deathenger
    Originally posted by Suncross
    Originally posted by Deathenger

    FYI...

     

    http://forums.darkfallonline.com/showthread.php?t=327467

    Get madder bro.  We are trying to express our excitement or hype about a game in a medium that lets us.  That is what the hype thing is about.  Downvote the hype if you want to, as that is what you can do if you aren't excited about it.  It's just that most people don't come here.  I just came here to cast a hype to get people to know about this game.  It's not vandalization or abuse, I just don't normally have a reason to come here.

    To justify my hype im going to be posting on the forums a bit though.  Who knows, yall might have a couple game reviewers emerge out of this. 

    Actually I been a DarkFall folower since 2006. I was even fortunate enough to get into the beta long before release. After reading about the game for years, falling in love with the idea then having my heart ripped out because it was so TERRIBLE I'm keeping my expectations EXTREAMLY low.... like underground on this one.

    It's against the rules of this site to band together for the purpose of swaying the hype meter. The last thing this game needs is unessesary hype so it can be added to the list with all the other overhyped games that sucked.

    Rules about the hype meter

    Game List

    Ratings and Hype-meter

    In regards to game ratings and hype-meter voting, we reserve the right to remove unfairly obtained votes and, as needed, suspend voting on games deemed to have been given unfair votes. The amount of time voting will be suspended is dependent upon how long MMORPG.com believes it will take before fair voting will again occur.

    In the case of ratings and hype-meter votes, "unfair votes" are determined by MMORPG.com staff and specifically include (but are not limited to):

    • Those solicited by game companies asking for a particular rating ("go rate our game a 10").
    • Those solicited by game companies offering any kind of compensation or contest.
    • Those registered by single users under multiple accounts.

    Hopefully it dosent suck...

    Thumbs up for assumptions , amirite?

    Report it then.  Come at us.  It's not going to stop.  We aren't being malicious.  We are trying to cast our votes.  If the amount of people in the darkfall community outweigh whatever game you are mad about getting knocked down off the hype board, then that is what the meter is used for.  I don't have multiple accounts, and we are in no way abusing this website or the hype system.

    I come to MMORG.com a lot.  However, I don't log in and I don't post.  So when I saw that there was a hype meter for the game announced just a couple days after its' annnouncement, I decided that I was going to be more active on this website so I could cast my vote. 

    You are right about one thing.  The title and what was posted on the darkfall forums was a bit immature.  If it were made by me, I would have just told people about the hype and talked about it.  It would have gotten the same response as opposed to saying "lets all go cast our hype."  The fact is we need our fair share of coverage too, and if we have a significant mass then the meter will show that.  If there are multiple users then they will get banned accordinling I am sure.

    -Sun

  • OboyyOboyy PitePosts: 15Member
    Originally posted by Suncross
    Originally posted by Deathenger
    Originally posted by Suncross
    Originally posted by Deathenger

    FYI...

     

    http://forums.darkfallonline.com/showthread.php?t=327467

    Get madder bro.  We are trying to express our excitement or hype about a game in a medium that lets us.  That is what the hype thing is about.  Downvote the hype if you want to, as that is what you can do if you aren't excited about it.  It's just that most people don't come here.  I just came here to cast a hype to get people to know about this game.  It's not vandalization or abuse, I just don't normally have a reason to come here.

    To justify my hype im going to be posting on the forums a bit though.  Who knows, yall might have a couple game reviewers emerge out of this. 

    Actually I been a DarkFall folower since 2006. I was even fortunate enough to get into the beta long before release. After reading about the game for years, falling in love with the idea then having my heart ripped out because it was so TERRIBLE I'm keeping my expectations EXTREAMLY low.... like underground on this one.

    It's against the rules of this site to band together for the purpose of swaying the hype meter. The last thing this game needs is unessesary hype so it can be added to the list with all the other overhyped games that sucked.

    Rules about the hype meter

    Game List

    Ratings and Hype-meter

    In regards to game ratings and hype-meter voting, we reserve the right to remove unfairly obtained votes and, as needed, suspend voting on games deemed to have been given unfair votes. The amount of time voting will be suspended is dependent upon how long MMORPG.com believes it will take before fair voting will again occur.

    In the case of ratings and hype-meter votes, "unfair votes" are determined by MMORPG.com staff and specifically include (but are not limited to):

    • Those solicited by game companies asking for a particular rating ("go rate our game a 10").
    • Those solicited by game companies offering any kind of compensation or contest.
    • Those registered by single users under multiple accounts.

    Hopefully it dosent suck...

    Thumbs up for assumptions , amirite?

     

    I come to MMORG.com a lot.  However, I don't log in and I don't post.  So when I saw that there was a hype meter for the game announced just a couple days after its' annnouncement, I decided that I was going to be more active on this website so I could cast my vote. 

    This.

    I even made my account today so i can go help the game get the publicity it deserves.

    Didnt even know there were forums like this on mmorpg.com.

     

     

    cool, innit.

  • KeegarKeegar FryslanPosts: 19Member

    I visit the site very often but almost never visit it logged in. can't vote for DF:UW! Ah well, maybe tomorrow.

    good  to see its getting some hype though, it will need new players

  • ThorbrandThorbrand West Palm Beach, FLPosts: 1,198Member
    Well that came out of no where and we have no actual information on the game except for what we have been told. Believing a developer is as bad as believing a politician or the internet.
  • RizzitRizzit kokokokPosts: 42Member
    Originally posted by Greymoor
    piece of crap game
  • GreymoorGreymoor ManchesterPosts: 801Member
    Originally posted by Rizzit
    [mod edit[

    Well they did have a team of 9-10(?) when creating DF1.0, including the engine to hold such massive FPS MMO battles. There was major flaws and that put a lot of people off.

    Now they're a team of 50+ with new offices, tech and they've made a much more improved version of DF1.0 as it is now (which is lightyears ahead of launch). How can you say the game is full of bullshit, I bet you don't even know the first thing about DF:UW.

  • ThorbrandThorbrand West Palm Beach, FLPosts: 1,198Member
    Originally posted by Greymoor
    Originally posted by Rizzit
    [mod edit[

    Well they did have a team of 9-10(?) when creating DF1.0, including the engine to hold such massive FPS MMO battles. There was major flaws and that put a lot of people off.

    Now they're a team of 50+ with new offices, tech and they've made a much more improved version of DF1.0 as it is now (which is lightyears ahead of launch). How can you say the game is full of bullshit, I bet you don't even know the first thing about DF:UW.

    I think they know they had a good game with DF1.0 and in therory is was great but once delilvered it wasn't what they wanted it to be. This is way we have DF2.0 coming out. You don't see many other companies with the Balls to make sandbox games?

  • winterwinter El Paso, TXPosts: 2,276Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Flute

    Actually I think the better point is that an independent games company redoing the basic architecture of thier "nearly great but ..." FFA PvP fantasy game is why people are giving DF:UW serious hype.  Why?  Because a ton of people loved the idea of Darkfall 1.0, but hated many of the implementation elements (which let's face it were badly broken in places). 

     

    From what Aventurine have already confirmed about the new game, many of the worst culprits of "you didn't, OMFG you idiots!" game design are simply gone from the new game, including instant cast high-damage-can't-be-dodged ray magic spells, and the ability for people wearing super-heavy-armour to be flawless mages (the "hahahaha I win" veterans only gearsets).  Just for once, a game with hype actually deserves its hype - it is an independent games company going for the total overhaul and upgrade of a game that always had great potential but was let down by design / coding flaws. 

     

    Take away the design flaws and improve the underlying architecture of the coding, and guess what ... definitely a "must try it" game if you like fantasy setting pvp.  I wouldn't say that about any other game other than EVE Online - if you like sci fi you are a complete idiot not to try the free EVE trial.  Not everyone likes genuine pvp games, but for those who do Darkfall getting an overhaul is massive news, and a genuine cause for celebration and hype.

     

     

    ----------

    Oh to the OP and poster #2, "bugger off, noob!".   Sorry, the inner troll in me couldn't resist :)  But yes, hype does not come from strangers.  It comes from MMORPG community members casting thier Hype vote - and to be honest this is the first game to get me genuinely excited this year. 

     Hard to believe people still believe everything AV and Taso says after all the years of being lied to. Guess they didn't learn form all the DF1 lies.

  • AquitisAquitis Mesa, AZPosts: 24Member
    DFUW is underhyped I think.  There really is not a lot to get excited about for gamers that dont like WOW clones. 
  • RenoakuRenoaku Posts: 1,003Member Uncommon

    DarkFall is currently the best SandBox MMO title I know of right now besides the few griefer clans from the ZERG alliance that still remain well for the most part the players are good its the leadership that is bad bad leaders supporting griefing and drama politics which suck.

    However Still with that there are plenty of smaller clans that make PVP fun win or loose of PVP its fun the problem with DarkFall however is the Ray Macro people getting unfair advantage, Pixel Auto Looters, Aimbotters, and Lag Switchers which  I have seen my fair share of cheaters some got banned others did not.

    However in Unholy wars it will be a lot harder for people to use Macros because they are not putting rays into the game which means that the only vulnurability will be third party multi/memory hacks, but people running scripts will not be around.

    Another thing I hope they remove however is System Messages so that players can actually sneak into a city kill a player without having system to alert people and such.

     

    Out of all the MMO's I have tried including Fallen Earth, which btw has worse GRIEFERS than DarkFall itself because I paid for over 6 months subscription in DarkFall spent over $200 in just a couple of months and quit Fallen Earth because of Exile Gamers which constantly griefed harassed my character, and they have Hazmat friends/GM's possibly even hazmat members in their clan so they don't get banned, even baited me into getting suspended without warning at one point before. With that said in Fallen Earth as a game as a griefer clan you can constantly camp your own faction like they did me over personal reasonsk ill your own faction repeadily without any penalty at all or going red. In Dark Fall you can't do this, even with politics and hate for eachother there are penalty's for killing your own faction or alliance, and you have to go to a chaos city leaving room for players to have some sort of protection unlike Fallen Earth.

    Speaking of player harassment I just found out today from a friend that this clan posted username including copyrighted store name from another virtual game, in another game on YouTube without my express consent, and on the Gamers First forums, so I had to file a ticket with Gamers First, and YouTube to get this content removed. A user name from one game is a okay thing, but trolling videos with user name used across multiple services and direct harassment is another. If they refuse to remove information which I consider private then they can prepare for a court order, or a trolling war.

    EVE online I just can't get too much into it as a game boring click to lock on do this do that.

    The Secret World better than Fallen Earth but still sucks worse than DarkFall.

    Mortal Online Corrupt GM's that simple.

  • dooneydooney MandurahPosts: 69Member
    Wow, I didn't realize there were so many Darkfall haters. :D
  • Loke666Loke666 MalmöPosts: 17,934Member Uncommon

    I have to agree that when I saw the hype list a few hours ago I was surprised. Nothing against this game at all, but neither of the future games I am hyped for are even on the list at all. Heck even ESO (which isnt on my hype list) isnt there and that IP have millions of fans.

    If you wonder, the 2 top games on my personal hype list are Undead labs "Class 4" and CCPs "World of darkness online". 

  • Rorschach1797Rorschach1797 BernasendenstadtPosts: 19Member

    there is nothing else to be excited about to. All the other games are ridiculous wow clones.

    So its not a suprise that DFUW gets so hyped. The Game really deserves it.

  • kadepsysonkadepsyson sun prairie, WIPosts: 1,937Member
    Originally posted by Rorschach1797

    there is nothing else to be excited about to. All the other games are ridiculous wow clones.

    So its not a suprise that DFUW gets so hyped. The Game really deserves it.

    I would say, the features and type of game it is hoping ot be, deserve the hype.  I don't think Darkfall or AV have shown they deserve the hype.

    El Psy Congroo

  • dooneydooney MandurahPosts: 69Member
    Originally posted by kadepsyson
    Originally posted by Rorschach1797

    there is nothing else to be excited about to. All the other games are ridiculous wow clones.

    So its not a suprise that DFUW gets so hyped. The Game really deserves it.

    I would say, the features and type of game it is hoping ot be, deserve the hype.  I don't think Darkfall or AV have shown they deserve the hype.

    I think Darkfall deserves the hype which is why my hype level for DF:UW is 10. Only game I'm really looking foward to.

  • OboyyOboyy PitePosts: 15Member
    Originally posted by Loke666

    I have to agree that when I saw the hype list a few hours ago I was surprised. Nothing against this game at all, but neither of the future games I am hyped for are even on the list at all. Heck even ESO (which isnt on my hype list) isnt there and that IP have millions of fans.

    If you wonder, the 2 top games on my personal hype list are Undead labs "Class 4" and CCPs "World of darkness online". 

    Eso will be horrible. 

  • DavisFlightDavisFlight Talahasee, FLPosts: 2,556Member
    Originally posted by kadepsyson
    Originally posted by Rorschach1797

    there is nothing else to be excited about to. All the other games are ridiculous wow clones.

    So its not a suprise that DFUW gets so hyped. The Game really deserves it.

    I would say, the features and type of game it is hoping ot be, deserve the hype.  I don't think Darkfall or AV have shown they deserve the hype.

    Why not? They delivered on almost all of their promises with the first game, and short of a few design issues, it was an amazing MMO. Only two I can think of in the last 9 years that beat it is Vanguard and GW2.

Sign In or Register to comment.