Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How long do you think you'll be playing GW2?

1234568»

Comments

• eggy08eggy08 Member Posts: 525
    Originally posted by TheIronLegion
    Originally posted by tank017

several years lol....

thats laughable.

I'll be playing for several years. Let me get a vile of laughing gas for you. You'll need it for the next 3-5 years as you suffocate from the deoxidation of your brain due to your constant laughing. At which point you will fall over and I will loot your body to receive 14 globs of goopy goop, 12 bolts of linen, Strong Boots of the Wanderer, +50 power Vest, and a Greater Ring of Vitality.

Probly only get a spike. Probably all he's worth.

• YakamomotoYakamomoto Member Posts: 363

My test of Gw2 is already over, a friend let me play for some days, sadly GW2 is not my cup of tea. It was kinda fun for a while but started to feel pointless until I didn't log in anymore. After all it turned out to be just another fantasy MMO, but the whole downleveling upleveling feels awkward. No sense of accomplishment either. No trinity, no grouping, mostly zergs.

so in short, my journey with Gw2, five days

• Eighteen16Eighteen16 Member UncommonPosts: 146
    Already finished a while ago. Got 4 80s and all the gear I want minus legendaries. Going back to Wow for raiding and arena, both PVE and PVP in GW2 just feel like they have no progression.
  • tank017tank017 Member Posts: 2,192
    Originally posted by eggy08
    Originally posted by TheIronLegion
    Originally posted by tank017

several years lol....

thats laughable.

I'll be playing for several years. Let me get a vile of laughing gas for you. You'll need it for the next 3-5 years as you suffocate from the deoxidation of your brain due to your constant laughing. At which point you will fall over and I will loot your body to receive 14 globs of goopy goop, 12 bolts of linen, Strong Boots of the Wanderer, +50 power Vest, and a Greater Ring of Vitality.

Probly only get a spike. Probably all he's worth.

uhuhuhuhuhuhuhuh  thats a good one...a spike...uhhuhuhuhuh

several years religiously? or on and off?

One can simply go back and play MMO's months or years apart,whether you have to pay or not.

P.S. I like the laughing gas bit...very creative and descriptive.

• Size-TwelveSize-Twelve Member UncommonPosts: 478

Yeah, 7 pages in and late to the party, but it's cool that nearly 2/3rds said several months to several years. I feel the same way.

I'm now level 57, and haven't run a single dungeon. I haven't PvE'd at all in at least 10 levels. There are other classes I want to try; other races. I want to see how high my server can get in WvW. I tend to just sPvP if I ever get bored, and all this without a single expansion.

I know this is not everyone's cup of tea, and I hope a really good sandbox comes out so that more players can be happy; but for me, this is the game I've been waiting for.

• Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686
    There is nothing on the horizon tp pull me away from GW2, so i´ll be playing a long long time, love the combat, love the setting and i can live with the minors..

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

• stratasaurusstratasaurus Member Posts: 220
    Now I could very well be wrong.  But in case I am not I am going to save a screen shot of this showing 42% saying they will play for several years and come back in 6 months and make a post asking how many of them are still playing.  I don't think GW2 will have that kind of lasting power but I've been wrong before.
  • tabindextabindex Member UncommonPosts: 70
    The people saying years/forever remind me of the schmucks who buy lifetime subs to games like STO and CO and things.  Anything new is fun for a while.
  • AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928
    Originally posted by Lord.Bachus
    There is nothing on the horizon tp pull me away from GW2, so i´ll be playing a long long time, love the combat, love the setting and i can live with the minors..

pretty much.. ill play till something better comes out.. so far not seeing anything in the near future.

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• KhinRuniteKhinRunite Member Posts: 879

I'll be playing until I complete my map, ran all dungeons and their paths, and when I'm satisfied with my WvWvW battles. Considering my current pace I'd say that'll take me a year and probably the next expansion would have arrived before I'm done.

I've been playing since headstart but so far:

Level: 48

Map: ~25%

WvWvW participation: 0

Dungeon runs: 0

• ElikalElikal Member UncommonPosts: 7,912

Not very long, alas. While most stuff is enjoyable, I do not see I will play much longer once my main reaches level 80. I am level 61 now, so go figure. Maybe I will tinker a bit in alts, but that is just mostly more of the same. So I would assume 1-2 months at best, then it's game over.

Besides, the tech issues, crashes and other problems do not really thrill me either. Little to no social aspect and everyone silently zergs beside each other. *shrug* Maybe it is how MMOs are these days, a short lived stuff.

People don't ask questions to get answers - they ask questions to show how smart they are. - Dogbert

• AkulasAkulas Member RarePosts: 3,006
    A month or 2. Lovely game just too easy to do everything but I'm grinding SPs now as well as trying to farm gold which I haven't found the best way to do yet other than farming large moldy bags. Don't really want to play MoP so probly won't so decing on ONE piece of exotic karma gear I want since it will literally take months to grind for them all. I probly got a week or 2 left before I've done everything I want to on one character and there is always alts.

This isn't a signature, you just think it is.

• fiontarfiontar Member UncommonPosts: 3,682

I've already logged 314 hours since the game went live. Add 150 hours during beta, 464 hours total with the game. I'm still having a blast and I am certain this is, finally, an MMO worth playing for months and hopefully years.

I had been averaging maybe 40-60 hours from most MMO releases the last five years. The standouts maybe earned 100 hours from me. I have no trouble seeing myself hitting 1,000 hours in GW2, with the content the game launched with. Probably more.

The funny thing is the game is not perfect. There are buggy Dynamic Events and other things that are a pain and which I hope will get fixed soon. There are also obvious ways to improve on some of the things the game has done. Hopefully we'll see those improvements with in GW2, rather than having to wait for some future title. Even with the room for improvement, it's just a superb, immersive, fun and engaging game. Oh, and addictive. It is definitely addictive!

I know I certainly have never played that many hours in the first month of any MMO in the last 14 years and I've never played that many hours of any MMO with out "hitting the wall" a few times and needing a break. When I do eventually need a breather, no subscription fee, so no barrier to returning.

I'm sure that I'll be playing the game at some level for years, but it would be nice to play it steadily and regularly for a good portion of that time. At least I can imagine doing so with this game, which is a first for any MMO I've played since the release of WoW.

Want to know more about GW2 and why there is so much buzz? Start here: Guild Wars 2 Mass Info for the Uninitiated

• dariuszpdariuszp Member Posts: 182

Well because of my job I can't play every day or have long sessions like I could when I was studying or something. I play for 1-2 hours and only from time to time. Because of that I really have fun, multiple low lvl characters etc.

So I would say I could play forever but in the end it will be couple of years for sure.

Game is great. More than I expected. Only thing that would make it better is sandbox world. But that will not gona happen. I would gladly prolong my sessions and I look forward to the time when I could play a little. Because of that I know game is great. Usually when I'm bored and I have nothing else to do I start PC and play something for a while. If I want to play something then I know I have something good in my hands. Not many games create that desire to play them these days. 

• darkrain21darkrain21 Member UncommonPosts: 383
    already quit.
  • Angier2758Angier2758 Member UncommonPosts: 1,026

Oh the haters are not going to like these poll results....

Dunno how long I want to play, but its fun.