Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cash Shop Inbound With In Game Pic..

insideout321insideout321 Member Posts: 71

Just logged in after a few weeks off and theres a shopping cart icon on the main menu tab ,

Well you all have fun i played rift for the no cash shop feature and after seeing this i uninstalled thanks for the great times..

Enjoy storm legion all of you ! Wish you well.

http://www.mmorpg.com/photo/60fbcfa2-278d-42d7-8cca-a17445980b3b

Top left corner click image check it out large ..

Oh well ..I mean im not hating on the game i love rift but i played it due to the no free to play or cash shop in it and now that its here time to move on .. Thats just me and really i hope you all enjoy ..

Thanks!

Comments

• SynthetickSynthetick Member Posts: 977
    Originally posted by firewater4176

Just logged in after a few weeks off and theres a shopping cart icon on the main menu tab ,

Well you all have fun i played rift for the no cash shop feature and after seeing this i uninstalled thanks for the great times..

Oh well ..I mean im not hating on the game i love rift but i played it due to the no free to play or cash shop in it and now that its here time to move on .. Thats just me and really i hope you all enjoy ..

Thanks!

If other people around you having strictly cosmetic gear that they purchased through cash that has no effect on YOUR gameplay is enough to cause you to unsubscribe, then I imagine Trion and the rest of the game's population will just say, "cya!"

Really, tho, have they even elaborated on what would be added? And besides that, from a completely personal standpoint, if I was going to support any developers via microtransactions, it would be Trion and Arena Net. Trion has done so much in so little time with such limited resources, they deserve it.

• insideout321insideout321 Member Posts: 71
    Originally posted by Synthetick

Thanks!

If other people around you having strictly cosmetic gear that they purchased through cash that has no effect on YOUR gameplay is enough to cause you to unsubscribe, then I imagine Trion and the rest of the game's population will just say, "cya!"

Really, tho, have they even elaborated on what would be added? And besides that, from a completely personal standpoint, if I was going to support any developers via microtransactions, it would be Trion and Arena Net. Trion has done so much in so little time with such limited resources, they deserve it.

It has nothing to do with the gear it has to do with the community going to shit with low baller kids , trolls, ect. When content starts being developed for a shop instead of a game and im paying a sub and then i have to pay for the items from the shop that should also be available in game for the paying members  i dont care for it .

Thanks for the opinion though .Ive seen this before with eq2 it ruined the game thats why i came to rift. My sub is to pay for in game content not for devs to make cash shop items.to milk me for even more . If they made all the cash shop items available in game and the cash shop id stay .But they dont so im out.   Guess ill be heading to a different genre lol

• birdycephonbirdycephon Member UncommonPosts: 1,314
    You know, no one is forcing you to buy cash shop items.
  • GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855

as of right now, the only thing in that shop is the web service items and game time. That's it. Buy the expansions, buy game time, buy name changes. nothing else. Will they add stuff later, probably. Wil it be usale in game? I don't know. Until then, its fine. But I'm not paying a sub and cash shop. I don't care if it's sungleasses and boxing gloves.

• KhinRuniteKhinRunite Member Posts: 879

Seems a bit premature to uninstall the game just because you see a shopping cart lol...

Anyway this is an 'uh-oh' moment between Rift fans who are anti CS. I just remmebered all the fuss about the "responsible companies" bit, but we'll see how this turns out.

• f0dell54f0dell54 Member CommonPosts: 329

Thats already in game lol. All it has for sale is gametime and name changes. Not saying it won't have more but good job posting pretty much nothing. If it's already in game and people aren't leaving I don't know what to tell.

Played because they didn't have cash shops? I guess the mount you can buy wasn't a cash shop item. Who knew? People confuse me.

• PurutzilPurutzil Member UncommonPosts: 3,048
    Unless they add perks and deals in there (which I doubt) and keep it to practically the normal stuff you would expect, I have no problem with it. A lot of games have this now and what they do have is practically service stuff with other subscription offers. If things start getting out of hand, sure, but I don't see any reason for them not to. Its basically one of the few real raiding games out there left, and I'd be so bold as to claim its probably the biggest competition WoW has in this field so I'm doubting they really plan on doing anything drastic such as F2P soon.
  • MyrdynnMyrdynn Member RarePosts: 2,479

[mod edit] I clicked on the cart when I was in game for free return weekend

I could buy the following things

1) a subscription

2) a name change

3) the expansion

that is all, this company doesnt even charger for server changes for godssake.

• RenoakuRenoaku Member EpicPosts: 3,157

Trion is just as stupid as Enmasse most likey.I never subscribed to rift because the game honestly looked like crap didn't feel that amazing to me, but beyond that.

If the cash shop offers STRICTLY cosmetic items/packs that can be reused, and account bound not character bound, then its not so bad.  By cosmetic packs I mean hair packages that allow you to freely change out your hair as you please, change color of hair freely, skins etc.

However if they require you to pay $9.99 USD per character recustomization thats where I see the greed and problem, and that is the reason as soon as I purchased TERA I dropped my subscription because of this reason. They wanted me to pay $9.99 per character change of any little detail, and I was forced into it if I wanted to play my way throught the game changing my character I had to pay.

No thanks, and I hope that if Trion takes this route I hope they loose over half their player base.

Originally posted by Myrdynn

[mod edit], I clicked on the cart when I was in game for free return weekend

1) a subscription

2) a name change

3) the expansion

Name calling now are we?

I said cash shop INCOMING learn how to read  you really think they put a shopping cart in there for them few little services or items? Lets be realistic here.

They will probably wait until the expansion goes live i doubt thats all thats going to be put in there give me a break .

I could do all that from my account login on the website , think there going to go through all the development to add that just for 3 things.

There ya go !  Im not going to uninstall yet im going to wait and see what happens. I enjoy rift like i said why you got so offensive i have no idea .

• GwapoJoshGwapoJosh Member UncommonPosts: 1,030

[mod edit], I clicked on the cart when I was in game for free return weekend

1) a subscription

2) a name change

3) the expansion

Like most cashshop games, they are testing the water.. They will slowly start adding more and more to the shop to see how far their community will let them go.

"You are all going to poop yourselves." BillMurphy

"Laugh and the world laughs with you. Weep and you weep alone."

Originally posted by Torvaldr

The signs have been there for quite a while.  They're just moving the microtransactions from the website to an in game interface.  I'm sure they'll add the account bonus packs and the mounts soon enough.  They're not going to make an in game cash shop just to sell name changes.

It's a good game but I'm not paying for a subscription + a cash shop + expansion fees.  Just what is my sub paying for?  I'm not uninstalling until my sub runs out though.  That would be a total waste.

THIS ^

• MyrdynnMyrdynn Member RarePosts: 2,479

what they put in is not a cash shop, its a convenience shop, its the same thing as when you play WOW and you add subscription.  I dont play RIFT, I am not going to play RIFT.

They put it in to advertise to their current players plain and simple

and you never said INCOMING

what they put in is not a cash shop, its a convenience shop, its the same thing as when you play WOW and you add subscription.  I dont play RIFT, I am not going to play RIFT.

They put it in to advertise to their current players plain and simple

and you never said INCOMING

Inbound sorry lol

Regardless i just thought id put this thread up to see what others think , i honestly think its heading that way but only time will tell .

This is my opinion that a cash shop is inbound but to each there own . Ive seen it before .

Anyway im not here to argue so im done posting .

• stratasaurusstratasaurus Member Posts: 220
    Have they said anything about a cash shop with items usable ingame?  If not then your post is nothing more then mere speculation.  You should not put up a post that says that a cash shop is inbound because you think that they will add in the future.  Post something like Looks like a cash shop could be coming inbound or probably will be inbound.  You made an objective claim based on your subjective feeling about what they will add in the future to this icon.
  • ArkainArkain Member UncommonPosts: 491

Thanks!

The RIFT Cash Shop is NOT like most other Cash Shop!

NO Gear!

NO Posions!

NO Game Breakers!

OP, you really should investagate first, before posting!

In other words, get your Google-Fu on!

• strangiato2112strangiato2112 Member CommonPosts: 1,538
    The game has had micro transactions since day 1.  As far as I know its the first MMO to ever allow digital upgrades to a collectors edition.  And then they added a second collectors edition.  And then another mount after that.  Currently there are 3 mounts you can buy that arent obtainable in game and dont come with the base game.   I dont see the big deal over cosmetic micro transactions though, its not like Trion doesnt reinvest the money into the game.
  • ArkainArkain Member UncommonPosts: 491
    Originally posted by strangiato2112
    The game has had micro transactions since day 1.  As far as I know its the first MMO to ever allow digital upgrades to a collectors edition.  And then they added a second collectors edition.  And then another mount after that.  Currently there are 3 mounts you can buy that arent obtainable in game and dont come with the base game.   I dont see the big deal over cosmetic micro transactions though, its not like Trion doesnt reinvest the money into the game.

Versions of all the mounts that you can get in th external CS (right now) can be gotten in game.

There is a robo spider and a ghost spider.

A white turtle.

A white tiger with out all the armor.

• strangiato2112strangiato2112 Member CommonPosts: 1,538
    Originally posted by Arkain

Versions of all the mounts that you can get in th external CS (right now) can be gotten in game.

There is a robo spider and a ghost spider.

A white turtle.

A white tiger with out all the armor.

But they are reskins, you cant get the actual ones.

• Sevenstar61Sevenstar61 Member UncommonPosts: 1,686

All P2P games will have cash shops sooner or later. I don't see P2P model to survive for a long time considering enourmous number of available F2P good games on the market.

Get used to it, otherwise you can give up on gaming whatsoever.

Sith Warrior - Story of Hate and Love http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxKrlwXt7Ao
    Imperial Agent - Rise of Cipher Nine http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBBj3eJWBvU&feature=youtu.be
    Imperial Agent - Hunt for the Eagle Part 1http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQqjYYU128E

• bingbongbrosbingbongbros Member UncommonPosts: 689

Awesome... I really can't stand cash shops in subsription games.  I pay my monthly sub to have access to ALL content generated by the dev team.  That includes vanity items, pets, mounts, etc..

I commended Trion for sticking to a sub only path and not throwing all the cool new things they developed into a cash shop, since I can afford my sub and not really afford throwing money away for what I expect to be in game.  Especially when most of the items in cash shops equal up to the same amount as a monthly sub.

I know it's all about money for companies, otherwise they wouldn't bother to exist.  But as a consumer it really turns me off.  So good luck Trion, I won't be returning with Storm Legion like I had planned now after seeing this.

Playing: Smite, Marvel Heroes
    Played: Nexus:Kingdom of the Winds, Everquest, DAoC, Everquest 2, WoW, Matrix Online, Vangaurd, SWG, DDO, EVE, Fallen Earth, LoTRo, CoX, Champions Online, WAR, Darkfall, Mortal Online, Guild Wars, Rift, Tera, Aion, AoC, Gods and Heroes, DCUO, FF14, TSW, SWTOR, GW2, Wildstar, ESO, ArcheAge
    Waiting On: Nothing. Mmorpg's are dead.

• AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928
    Originally posted by bingbongbros

Awesome... I really can't stand cash shops in subsription games.  I pay my monthly sub to have access to ALL content generated by the dev team.  That includes vanity items, pets, mounts, etc..

I commended Trion for sticking to a sub only path and not throwing all the cool new things they developed into a cash shop, since I can afford my sub and not really afford throwing money away for what I expect to be in game.  Especially when most of the items in cash shops equal up to the same amount as a monthly sub.

I know it's all about money for companies, otherwise they wouldn't bother to exist.  But as a consumer it really turns me off.  So good luck Trion, I won't be returning with Storm Legion like I had planned now after seeing this.

what MMO offers this? Generally most offer buyable something in some form or another... Rift has had buyable content for a very long time.. you are REALLY limiting you choice of MMOs if you care about vanity items being buyable

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• bingbongbrosbingbongbros Member UncommonPosts: 689
    Originally posted by Aerowyn
    Originally posted by bingbongbros

what MMO offers this? Generally most offer buyable something in some form or another... Rift has had buyable content for a very long time.. you are REALLY limiting you choice of MMOs if you care about vanity items being buyable

Yeah the last few years I've really been limited to what I can play.  That's why I usually don't play any current mmo's lol.

I guess I'm just set in my ways of how mmo's were back during EQ1, DAoC, Nexustk.  It really bugs me though, I know a lot of people don't care because they either A) have the money to burn or B) don't buy anything from the store.

It's just the principle of it that I can't look past.

Playing: Smite, Marvel Heroes
    Played: Nexus:Kingdom of the Winds, Everquest, DAoC, Everquest 2, WoW, Matrix Online, Vangaurd, SWG, DDO, EVE, Fallen Earth, LoTRo, CoX, Champions Online, WAR, Darkfall, Mortal Online, Guild Wars, Rift, Tera, Aion, AoC, Gods and Heroes, DCUO, FF14, TSW, SWTOR, GW2, Wildstar, ESO, ArcheAge
    Waiting On: Nothing. Mmorpg's are dead.

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798

EQ2 has allowed digital upgrades to collectors since Destiny of Velious (feb 2011)

a month before RIFT launch