Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

"Games for Girls"

Eir_SEir_S Member UncommonPosts: 4,440

I'm torn between being somewhat offended and laughing my ass off here.  What the hell?  I thought this kind of crap ended in the 90's...

I like the one titled "My Boyfriend".  I lost it there.

http://www.amazon.com/10-Casual-games-Download/dp/B009EDJP0U/ref=br_lf_m_1000716161_1_1_img?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&pf_rd_p=1400095562&pf_rd_s=center-4&pf_rd_t=1401&pf_rd_i=1000716161&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=1P01ZAZGV07ESYEZ9MB3

Comments

• TsaboHavocTsaboHavoc Member UncommonPosts: 435
    at least doesn't have a cash shop attached nor a always on line to play requirement. btw, the more you socialize the more win you have. hmm... i guess we need more of this in our mmorpgs.
  • DragonantisDragonantis Member UncommonPosts: 974

Ok I just showed my wife this, this was her responce.

Wheres the game sthat are actually fun?

*nods in approval with arms folded*

• GrayGhost79GrayGhost79 Member UncommonPosts: 4,775
    Originally posted by lotaparty
    [mod edit]

My daughters been playing Rift since it launched, my wife plays GW2 and prior to that they both played FFXI. People do choose... 

• Eir_SEir_S Member UncommonPosts: 4,440
    i dont really see the problem .

I quoted the part I understood.  Anyway, there isn't a "problem" on the surface, but calling them "Games for Girls" is pandering nonsense.  In a society where genders are becoming increasingly less defined (whether or not I agree with it), saying these are "Games for Girls" almost directly suggests that anything that is not cute puppies and riding horses or dating is NOT for girls.  Which is BS.  Girls like violent games too.  They like twisted games.  IMO, games should be for everyone.  

Besides, the people that rated these games obviously saw a problem... 2 stars?  Ouch.

• plescureplescure Member UncommonPosts: 397
    [mod edit]

eh? come again?

If someone is talking in general chat in a language you dont understand, chances are they're not talking to you. So chill out and stop bitching about it!

• MightyBeeMightyBee Member Posts: 43
    But look, it says you save $62.91! How cool is that?
    But to be honest... Maybe these games are for children, for little princess baby girls? I believe I know a couple of girls in the age of 6, who would love playing the 'Animal shelter' and so on. However, I'm not sure about the 'Boyfriend' part.

Nothing for me, anyways. Haha. You're right, looks like 90s..