Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

This MMO (GW2) kills all other themepark MMOs

1235»

Comments

• ChieftanChieftan Independence, MOPosts: 1,417Member
    Originally posted by SuperDonk
    Originally posted by keithian

I agree with the OP that this is the best Themepark MMO out, probabably for quite some time. I don't agree about the story. I think its like a cheesy iphone app. SWTORs story was far superior with how they implemented it. However, I haven't had this much fun in AGES. I just cant stop exploring and I love the feeling that these dynamic events are a huge step foward from Rifts and Warhammers public quests. I think like WOW, others will borrow from this even more and some time in the future we are going to see some awesome games.

This is a good time for themepark gamers. There are so many choices depending on your play style (solo without joining with others, solo and joining with others, grouping, PVP, scenarios, WVW, etc. Sandbox players, why arnt you playing DarkFall? Wasnt that made for you?

How is it "exploring" when everything is labeled on the map? This game feels like it was designed for 10 year olds.

Thankfully the MMO community will turn on GW2 soon, and we can all move on. GW2 was a bigger disappointment for me personally than SWTOR was, at least I got through to two level 50's in SWTOR, I couldn't even stomach GW2 past level 25 or so. Oh yay! another zone with the same excact stuff as the last zone! And oh yay! everyone is my friend except when I warp to the WvW zone, Oh wait the WvW zone is nothing but waiting for a que and a mindless zergfest - pass.

The most boring non-F2P mmo I have ever tried.

Same.  SWTOR didn't invent the wheel either but it brought way more to the genre than GW2.

• prpshrtprpshrt Clarksville, MDPosts: 258Member
    Originally posted by TheScavenger

Not including sandbox MMOs (completely different)

But GW2 kills all other MMOs that are themepark. It has story (so don't need SWTOR), it doesn't have boring fall asleep on the keyboard autoattack (so don't need WoW), it has unique races...no quest hubs...no double tracking to return a quest that is a continent away. No grinding military style raids that have leaders that scream at you (WoW)...and the most amazing cities in any MMO (RIFT cities are like camps, they are freakin tiny)

What is the point in playing any other themepark MMO? GW2 does all of it, and does it way better. The only reason one wouldn't like GW2, is because they are sandbox fans and are jaded they aren't getting any quality sandbox MMOs.

GW2 is a HUGE leap forward in themepark MMOs. Anyone still playing the old are like those who used bows and arrows, because they didn't want to advance to the gun age. They are trying to old back advancements to the technology, trying to ruin future MMOs that are themeparks.

Only MMO that can be better, is a very high quality sandbox MMO. And its only "better" if that style of MMO is your thing and not themeparks. Right now though, all sandbox MMOs (except EVE and even that sucks, but its best one out) are too low quality.

Future of MMOs goes to GW2 and a high quality sandbox MMO.

You should play a ranger who uses shortbows during DEs. I get in range of the boss, press 1, leave for a bit, get gold. I know it sounds like I'm exaggerating and all bosses aren't like that but a good few are.

• thunderCthunderC miami flPosts: 473Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Chieftan
    Originally posted by SuperDonk
    Originally posted by keithian

I agree with the OP that this is the best Themepark MMO out, probabably for quite some time. I don't agree about the story. I think its like a cheesy iphone app. SWTORs story was far superior with how they implemented it. However, I haven't had this much fun in AGES. I just cant stop exploring and I love the feeling that these dynamic events are a huge step foward from Rifts and Warhammers public quests. I think like WOW, others will borrow from this even more and some time in the future we are going to see some awesome games.

This is a good time for themepark gamers. There are so many choices depending on your play style (solo without joining with others, solo and joining with others, grouping, PVP, scenarios, WVW, etc. Sandbox players, why arnt you playing DarkFall? Wasnt that made for you?

How is it "exploring" when everything is labeled on the map? This game feels like it was designed for 10 year olds.

Thankfully the MMO community will turn on GW2 soon, and we can all move on. GW2 was a bigger disappointment for me personally than SWTOR was, at least I got through to two level 50's in SWTOR, I couldn't even stomach GW2 past level 25 or so. Oh yay! another zone with the same excact stuff as the last zone! And oh yay! everyone is my friend except when I warp to the WvW zone, Oh wait the WvW zone is nothing but waiting for a que and a mindless zergfest - pass.

The most boring non-F2P mmo I have ever tried.

Same.  SWTOR didn't invent the wheel either but it brought way more to the genre than GW2.

SWTOR?! LMAO 

• slingblade25slingblade25 fayetteville, NCPosts: 33Member

The greatest feature of this site is its ability to check post history. I’ve got a serious question for those that do not like this game weather you have tried it or not.

Why hang out on these forums to bash a game that in your opinion is a fail?

I have no interest In Wow  (used to raid when 40 man was awesome)

I could care less about SWTOR

Rift, gave it a shot and bleh…

TSW, Read enough reviews and watched enough vids to know I wouldn’t like it.

I don’t go to those games forums and try to bash them.  Hell, I would like to see more MMORPGs succeed.

• halflife25halflife25 Toronto, ONPosts: 737Member
    Originally posted by slingblade25

The greatest feature of this site is its ability to check post history. I’ve got a serious question for those that do not like this game weather you have tried it or not.

Why hang out on these forums to bash a game that in your opinion is a fail?

I have no interest In Wow  (used to raid when 40 man was awesome)

I could care less about SWTOR

Rift, gave it a shot and bleh…

TSW, Read enough reviews and watched enough vids to know I wouldn’t like it.

I don’t go to those games forums and try to bash them.  Hell, I would like to see more MMORPGs succeed.

Maybe because of the topic? when OP claims that GW2 will kill allother themepark MMOS obviously fans of all other MMOS would stop by to give their side of the tory.

• winterwinter El Paso, TXPosts: 2,276Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by TheScavenger
    Originally posted by Psychow
    All my characters have auto-attack.

you have to dodge...arrows and missiles don't somehow travel to the moon to reach you and then into deep space. That is just stupid game design.

If you just stand still, you are dead. In other themepark MMOs, you stand there like a piniata

Combat in GW2 is WAY better. Granted, TERA has better combat...but so grindy, but the combat is great.

In other words he caught you lying.

Shall we pick apart the rest of your somewhat incorrect post?

Your right GW2 has no raids, it simply just has no raids at all. It does have dungeons most of which players are complaining are

chaotic and poorly done,

huge cities:? Well ok but does that make them better? EQ2 and many other games have huge cities that are well just plan dull and boring, not many people actually play just to look at a city.

You got hearts which are for all principle purposes quests hubs by a different name and slightly different design. (ie quests are telepathically beamed directly into your mind as actually talkin g to a npc to get a quest is just too damn hard.)

Distinct races? you mean asura arten't gnomes, humans aren't humans, Charr aren't gnolls, Sylvari aren't elves? Well they certainly all seem the same to me.

Everyone has there opinion than k you for stating yours even if you seemed to post your opinion as some kinda fact. Facts are many people have tried GW2 and already many people are getting alittle tired of it and moving on YMMV. Good game yes, but the Hype of it being the MMO Messiah and second coming is really pretty old at this point because simply put its not.

1235»