Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mop #1> outsell both gw2 and swtor in 24 hours of release.

Comments

• halflife25halflife25 Member Posts: 737

So anyone is even surprised? i am so tempted to bump and old topic where people were saying MOP will be utter failure. When will these people learn?

However, what i learned from this topic is..

GW2 goes for mass appal .it is awesome.

WOW goes for mass appeal ..is obviously bad and game made for the lowest denominator.

I love reading these posts ;)

• RizelStarRizelStar Member UncommonPosts: 2,773
    Originally posted by Amjoco
    Originally posted by Badaboom
    As a big fan of GW2, I wish all those buying MOP the best.

And to add to Badabooms comment;

As a big fan of mmorpgs I wish all those who play any game the best. Quit your damn QQ over whos game is better and just live man, just live! lol

Back to the OP. Of course WoW will outsell GW2 and SWToR, it hast tv commercials and millions of people playing now. GW2 has no tv commercial and one poor internet ad.

I will see you guys tomorrow in either Tyria or Aseroth. Look for a Mist Weaver Monk or a Norn Guardian having fun. :)

I digg this attitude, even though I won't be playing MoP, I do hope you guys have [fun]. 

Not being sarcastic at all.

I might get banned for this. - Rizel Star.

I'm not afraid to tell trolls what they [need] to hear, even if that means for me to have an forced absence afterwards.

P2P LOGIC = If it's P2P it means longevity, overall better game, and THE BEST SUPPORT EVER!!!!!(Which has been rinsed and repeated about a thousand times)

Common Sense Logic = P2P logic is no better than F2P Logic.

• Creslin321Creslin321 Member Posts: 5,359
    Originally posted by halflife25

So anyone is even surprised? i am so tempted to bump and old topic where people were saying MOP will be utter failure. When will this people learn?

WOW goes for mass appeal ..is obviously bad and game made for the lowest denominator.

Well looks like GW2 failed, considering it went for mass appall and yet everyone think it's awesome lol :).

Are you team Azeroth, team Tyria, or team Jacob?

Originally posted by Creslin321

So anyone is even surprised? i am so tempted to bump and old topic where people were saying MOP will be utter failure. When will this people learn?

Well looks like GW2 failed, considering it went for mass appall and yet everyone think it's awesome lol :).

Easy there chief.... woudl be hard to talk on behalf of 'everyone'.

But yeah different standards to judge two MMOS whose main aim is to sell millions of copies and reach as many players as possible. 

What makes this whole thing even more ironic is that Mike O Brain stated he won't rest till he beats WOW and become number one. lol

• cronius77cronius77 Member UncommonPosts: 1,652

im playing guild wars 2 and also taking a break from it until they fix some of these ridiculous simple mmorpg issues. Ive already delved into this expansion though and I know it doesnt suck . Yes its your same run of the mill heroics and raiding grind outdated like every other expansion but its far from stupid like people here are trying to let on . Also people complaining about the graphics and no updates? they just added graphics updates to shadows and lighting and new characters models promised through blood elves and dranai throughout this year and next.

While guild wars 2 is a good game , i seriously cannot understand why people here cannot just accept that different games can be played at the same time and all have their issues. I dispise world vs world in GW2 , its nothing like DAOC and flat out lie by Mike Feruson, I hate having to gear grind once again to 90 in wow and run boring heroics over and over for weeks to get back into raiding. See what i mean? I can bitch and moan about both games equally as they have issues. But both games are still very good games with quality to them.

But yeah different standards to judge two MMOS whose main aim is to sell millions of copies and reach as many players as possible. 

What makes this whole thing even more ironic is that Mike O Brain stated he won't rest till he beats WOW and become number one. lol

It was a joke...

He misspelled appeal as "appal" (appall) which means: 

to overcome with consternation, shock, or dismay

Then he said that everyone thinks GW2 is awesome.  So if GW2 went for mass APPALL and everyone thinks it's awesome, then it failed ;).

• ZadawnZadawn Member UncommonPosts: 670

I don't play wow anymore nor i will buy mop,but guys saying that you shouldn't compare wow with newer games becaue wow was out there for X years and has a well established player base etc.

That well established and huge player base is there because people think it is a good game,and blizzard proves they are good since they can keep such a player base.

• KareliaKarelia Member Posts: 668

then he will remain unrested for a looooong time. gw2 either he wants it or not is not what even anet itself dreamed. dying every day faster and faster. yes i know fanboys will say what ever they want but they are facing already the same fate with rift/swtor/warr etc

It was a joke...

Then he said that everyone thinks GW2 is awesome.  So if GW2 went for mass APPALL and everyone thinks it's awesome, then it failed ;).

Oh..hahah i totally missed APPALL...lol

My apologies.

It was a joke...

Oh..hahah i totally missed APPALL...lol

My aplogies.

All good :).

• RobsolfRobsolf Member RarePosts: 4,607
    Originally posted by RizelStar
    Originally posted by Amjoco
    Originally posted by Badaboom
    As a big fan of GW2, I wish all those buying MOP the best.

And to add to Badabooms comment;

As a big fan of mmorpgs I wish all those who play any game the best. Quit your damn QQ over whos game is better and just live man, just live! lol

Back to the OP. Of course WoW will outsell GW2 and SWToR, it hast tv commercials and millions of people playing now. GW2 has no tv commercial and one poor internet ad.

I will see you guys tomorrow in either Tyria or Aseroth. Look for a Mist Weaver Monk or a Norn Guardian having fun. :)

I digg this attitude, even though I won't be playing MoP, I do hope you guys have [fun]. 

Not being sarcastic at all.

A win for GW2 doesn't mean WoW loses, or vice versa, especially since GW2 is a F2P(edit: B2P) game. 

I enjoyed Cata... gonna pass on MoP, though; it's just not for me. 

Enjoying GW2, and looking forward to LotRO RoR.

I don't understand the GM vs. Ford, Beatles vs. Elvis mentality that some folks have.  Why on earth can a person not appreciate 2 good things?  

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798
    Originally posted by Robsolf

A win for GW2 doesn't mean WoW loses, or vice versa, especially since GW2 is a F2P game. 

GW2 is no more ftp than Diablo3 is ftp

WOW is more ftp than GW2 -- can play WOW forever at no cost under level 20

• SnarlingWolfSnarlingWolf Member Posts: 2,697

Is this the Xfire numbers after MoP's release thread?

Oh wait, that isn't for another day.... I'll hang onto the snowcaps until then. Yes, snowcaps. A person can't eat something besides popcorn?

• RobsolfRobsolf Member RarePosts: 4,607
    Originally posted by Nadia

A win for GW2 doesn't mean WoW loses, or vice versa, especially since GW2 is a F2P game. 

GW2 is no more ftp than Diablo3 is ftp

WOW is more ftp than GW2 -- can play WOW forever at no cost under level 20

I'll concede that I incorrectly stated it's F2P; I meant B2P.

But "play WoW forever under lvl 20"?  That's just priceless...

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798

But "play WoW forever under lvl 20"?  That's just priceless...

its true

I have an expired sub acct and a starter WOW account

the starter account i can log in any time to roll new alts or chat / roleplay w WOW friends

• TardcoreTardcore Member Posts: 2,325
    Originally posted by MeGaTronPower
    goooo blizzzz make another industry best selling game expansions ever, woooo mop will outsell both gw2+ swtor combined in 24 hours for sure another record breaking game expansions again as usual of blizz. Wow just wont die lol

Most likely. Still that won't stop me from holding the opinion that that Wow these days is an abysmally shallow and shitty game when compared to its former glory.

"Gypsies, tramps, and thieves, we were called by the Admin of the site . . . "

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,435
    Originally posted by LachyFTW
    Posting anything positive about WoW in these forums is pointless, there are too many fanboys of failed games that love to trash WoW because their game didn't live up to the hype.

Naw, we trash WOW because its such an easy target, has nothing to do with what game we like.

(remember, we don't like anything right?)

Seriously, OP poked a stick into the side of a snarling dog, of course he's gonna get bit.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855
    Originally posted by Tardcore
    goooo blizzzz make another industry best selling game expansions ever, woooo mop will outsell both gw2+ swtor combined in 24 hours for sure another record breaking game expansions again as usual of blizz. Wow just wont die lol

Most likely. Still that won't stop me from holding the opinion that that Wow these days is an abysmally shallow and shitty game when compared to its former glory.

I'm inclined to agree.

I don't understnad why  I just can't stop myelf from buying these abysmally shallow and shitty games lately.

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,435
    Originally posted by GeezerGamer
    Originally posted by Tardcore

I'm inclined to agree.

I don't understnad why  I just can't stop myelf from buying these abysmally shallow and shitty games lately.

Lack of any real choice to buy something better?

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• MMOExposedMMOExposed Member RarePosts: 7,387
    did it really outsale them?

Philosophy of MMO Game Design

• roo67roo67 Member Posts: 402

Its not looking good (I'm in WoW at the moment) for outsellling GW2 and SWTOR put together . MOP has just gone live .In the EU theres 18 high servers (some of which are locked) ,42 medium servers and the  the rest are low . I remember far higher amounts of high status servers with the release of previous expansions . It may be better tomorrow given its quite late and lots of younger players are mostly likly in bed . So I guess still possible but my guess is it will fall short of Cata sales .

Whats it like in North America ?

• grimalgrimal Member UncommonPosts: 2,935
    Originally posted by Derros

Blizzard should show these games how its done son.

:p

You mean, release a game, with a very large established fanbase from 10+ years of bnet history, at a time when the market was still emerging and the casual base had not yet been established, thus ripe for harvesting?  Therefore establishing a momentious self perpetuating playerbase, which people never leave because they have X hours invested in their characters, and hey, their friends and everyone else plays WoW anyway.   Not discounting Blizzard quality (minus D3) but WoW's success is as much about perfect timing that is impossible to replicate in the current market (saturated with titles), as it is quality, if not more so

^^ This.  Hope you don't mind, took it for my sig.

• KingJigglyKingJiggly Member Posts: 777
    This is like expecting another (horrible) star wars movie coming out and beating the kings speech(a great movie). No fricken duh.
  • AmjocoAmjoco Member UncommonPosts: 4,860
    Originally posted by MMOExposed
    did it really outsale them?

I think right now it's all speculation. It will happen, it just hasn't happend yet! :)

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.

• YakkinYakkin Member Posts: 919
    Maybe I'm just being overly snippy about this, but even if this game does outsell SWTOR and GW2 combined, it's still not going to be enough to make me want to come back.
This discussion has been closed.