Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mop #1> outsell both gw2 and swtor in 24 hours of release.

Comments

• TeikkTeikk Member Posts: 70

I would just like to point out that

Wizard 101  has more than all these MMOs combined

And you thought WoW had the numbers bah WoW IS on the fail compaired so THERE HAR HAR HAR!!!

On the serious though who cares? The fanboys of every game to launch to date has been  up in arms about WoW numbers mcdonalds etc just play the game and have fun if you dont dont.

• KostKost Member CommonPosts: 1,975
    Originally posted by Miklosan

The Door Wars fanboys are going to have nightmares this week!

Yeah, it's really going to suck watching all the WoWBabies leave to go play Kung Fu Pokemon.

Oh wait, no it won't, it will be fucking glorious. Good riddance.

• ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    I'm looking forwards to certain people leaving gw2

I thank them for helping fund it, but will be cool to have shorter WvW queues and lack of moronic questions like "how can you tell who is best pvper with no pvp gear"
  • laseritlaserit Member LegendaryPosts: 7,591

The honest question is:

Is MoP > Cata

If sales are less then Cata it would say alot.

"Be water my friend" - Bruce Lee

• LachyFTWLachyFTW Member UncommonPosts: 181
    Posting anything positive about WoW in these forums is pointless, there are too many fanboys of failed games that love to trash WoW because their game didn't live up to the hype.
  • cukimungacukimunga Member UncommonPosts: 2,258
    Good, maybe all the people complaining about how there is no point to GW2 asking where the gear grind is will stop playing and go back to wow and leave people that don't care about those things alone.   Its not a big surpise it would outsell GW2 since they have 9 mill or current players.   Let people play the game they enjoy. 
  • TerrorizorTerrorizor Member Posts: 326
    oh my! A WoW thread! Somebody actually DOES care about this game. I was starting to wonder.  Mind you, silence is golden, so I should have just enjoyed it while it lasted. I do have to say though, that this looks to me like WoW is starting to speed up how fast it bleeds subs. How many millions of subs did they lose last year?
  • kaliniskalinis Member Posts: 1,428

Yah posting positive stuff about wow is always a bad idea. if u aren't trashing it u get ripped on. Im not a gw2 hater i am glad the game is doing well. 

I hope all games do well and are succesful , That said of course mop will outsell tor and gw2 combined they have 5 million players in us alone. 

We will buy it to progress our little 85s to 90 and see the new zones changes to cooking, and things. 

I don't understand the rage over pandas , pandarans may have been a joke but they were out way before kung fu panda, Just because blizzard is adding monk class which they used in diablo games, to wow isn't a kung fu panda ripoff

People in wow have wanted pandaran as a race since they announced bc and new races for that expansion. 

Oh well hate on wow all u want , I play wow because its fun. Its why people play games, At least most of us, The ones who whine on here about all games just dont have fun in any game so really i tune them out.

maybe gw2 was there savior game but i doubt it. 

• MortisRexMortisRex Member UncommonPosts: 350
    Originally posted by MeGaTronPower

damn arena net must be jealous it took them a month to get 2.2 million copies sold, blizz can get that in 24 hours no sweat.:p

As someone who had played WoW.since beta 3, let me tel you how petty, childish, and obnoxious you sound. People like you are what is destroying mmos today. You're not content to enjoy your item game, you probably don't even like wow, what you livre to do us shit on every opinion different than yours.
  • eGumballeGumball Member Posts: 151

MoP will outsell Guild Wars 2, however, that will have nothing to do with the quality itself, but the game and it´s popularity. I have seen comments describing Guild Wars 2 a fail-game, with no comparision to WoW and I all I have to comment is '' If you are a real mmo-gamer, you would have never said that ''.

Fanbois often are blind for the reality, and this reality is nowadays ... that we have a title surpassing WoW quality-wise, and its name is Guild Wars 2. It is not really about WoW being bad, but about 9 years of '' outdate ''. Today, we have got these two games, offering two different tastes of the mmo-experience, where these two , focus on different kind of aspects. Sadly, we have got an mmo-player-base, who don´t even respect '' good gaming '' nowadays, and who are bond to the word '' fanboi ''.

People need to wake up and begin to see the world in a new way. it is our world afterall, and all these games are offered to us. Why, do we hate on eachother just beacuse we are different ? 

• AxiosImmortalAxiosImmortal Member UncommonPosts: 645
    WoW fanbois...lol. Kung Fu pokemon, gotta catch em all!

Looking at: The Repopulation
    Preordering: None
    Playing: Random Games

• RobsolfRobsolf Member RarePosts: 4,607
    Originally posted by Nadia
    goooo blizzzz make another industry best selling game expansions ever, woooo mop will outsell both gw2+ swtor combined in 24 hours for sure another record breaking game expansions again as usual of blizz. Wow just wont die lol

outsell your previous expansion and you will surprise me

That's really the test.  Every Xpac up to this point outsold the last.  If that doesn't happen here, we're probably looking at a game on the decline.

Not picking on WoW or anything.  What goes up, must come down, eventually.

• laseritlaserit Member LegendaryPosts: 7,591
    Originally posted by Robsolf
    Originally posted by Nadia
    goooo blizzzz make another industry best selling game expansions ever, woooo mop will outsell both gw2+ swtor combined in 24 hours for sure another record breaking game expansions again as usual of blizz. Wow just wont die lol

outsell your previous expansion and you will surprise me

That's really the test.  Every Xpac up to this point outsold the last.  If that doesn't happen here, we're probably looking at a game on the decline.

Not picking on WoW or anything.  What goes up, must come down, eventually.

Not to mention that in the corporate world, success = growth. If MoP sells less then Cata then It will be a failure

"Be water my friend" - Bruce Lee

• Creslin321Creslin321 Member Posts: 5,359

So to sum this thread up...

WoW fan:  OMG!  MoP is going to outsell GW2 and SWTOR.  HAHAHAH show um how it's done Bliz!  You get um!

GW2 fan:  I wish you all the best and hope you enjoy your new expansion :).

WoW fan:  Whatever!  You are all just upset that your game has FAILED and people are jumping off the sinking ship!  WoW foreva bro!!!!

GW2 fan:  Really :)?

Are you team Azeroth, team Tyria, or team Jacob?

• cronius77cronius77 Member UncommonPosts: 1,652
    Originally posted by Creslin321

WoW fan:  OMG!  MoP is going to outsell GW2 and SWTOR.  HAHAHAH show um how it's done Bliz!  You get um!

WoW fan:  Whatever!  You are all just upset that your game has FAILED and people are jumping off the sinking ship!  WoW foreva bro!!!!

man get yourself into reality , ive seen way more of these gw2 trolls here trying to bait wow players on their forums then wow players. you have a guy rename himself kungfupanda2012 just for the sack of baiting people as hes stirring the pot in both sets of forums intentionally . You guys here just cannot stand any game that has an expansion or releases effecting GW2 . If its so great stop trying to bait everyone here and go enjoy gw2.

• NightgroperNightgroper Member Posts: 76
    Originally posted by Praetalus
    Originally posted by Nightgroper
    Well it is also releasing on the same date as DOA5, and that could cause some to pick that up instead. I know I will be.

What is DOA5?

Dead or Alive 5.

The more I'm around the forums on this site, the more bitter I become.

• HorusraHorusra Member EpicPosts: 4,411
    The hate means the game is still going strong.
  • ValentinaValentina Member RarePosts: 2,080
    If it didn't outsell them I would be surprised, because it's an expansion to a game with like 9 or 10 million subscribers left. So nobody will be shocked, or really care if it does outsell the newer games. The only thing that really matters in the end is if their subs continue to drop even after it's released. So if it sold 10 million copies, but then within the next few months they've lost more millions of subscribers as they have been....Well then that'll say it all right there.
  • sodade21sodade21 Member UncommonPosts: 349
    blizzard has the best marketing... they gave diablo 3 for free if people get a 1 year in game time for WoW! so that is a big ensure that people will bite and even try pandas.. besides blizzard has expanded the game to all asia with this expansion.. if you check the numbers rawghly u gonna see that  pandas might sell more than previous expansions but if you check EU and US sales u gonna realiaze how less it has now.. some nice tricks though from blizz for marketing porpuses..! WIN WIN
  • BeackerBeacker Member UncommonPosts: 440
    Watch the next few days of posts after the expansion. It will be full of tears at how bad it is. You would figure too with all the money blizzard has they would spend some of it to update thier bad graphics.
  • botrytisbotrytis Member RarePosts: 3,363
    Originally posted by Sukiyaki

I didnt hear they where going to release WoW in China on the 25th too and include even more free handouts into their global "sales".. Though they said some stuff about already acquiring permission for release of  MOP in China a few months ago.

So I would doubt that MOP will even outmatch the "sales" report of the two previous expansions. I mean... who is supposed to buy it? Which multi millions of non-chinese player?

Though the already spent hell of a lot of effort (and your money) on TV ads this time (even more than usual) and more artificial hype than ever. While it met underwhelming reception by the current playerbase and ex-player and alienated even more with the utterly failed "cross realm zone" random server merge system, they may succeed and once again drag a lot of gamer virgins into the genre with mere advertisement, to cover up for any other decline. And the expansion including all other packs comes at a bargain price.

Edit: Looked it up. China is gonna get MOP already a week after US/EU. Not months up to a year like usual. But just a week. Expect your "subscriber" (= global "active" accounts) report past the 2nd of October.

Your signature says it all:

2010 - 2012: GW2 wont even put a scratch on WoW... GW2 wont even put a bulge on WoW... GW2 wont even come close ... its just hype... no one I know is anticipating GW2... ...that's because it was hyped!... WoW just had patchday tomorrow they will all be back... its a bug soon they will show up... they just take a break from WoW, they'll be back soon... next expansion will bring them back, certainly... WoW is just ageing, nothing to do with GW2

You are not objective - anything you say for or against either game is suspect.

• GamerUntouchGamerUntouch Member Posts: 488

I think you'd have to be delusional to think GW2 or SWTOR is going to outsell MoP.

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798
    Originally posted by just1opinion

By no standards is GW2 failing.....at this point.  By no standards is WoW failing either.  Is WoW "more successful?"  By player numbers I would say yes, but again....that doesn't take away from GW2 success except maybe to a WoW fanboi troll who just can't stand that another game is having some success.  He goes on to later say he considers RIFT successful, but not GW2.  That gave me a good laugh.

Originally posted by laserit

The honest question is:

Is MoP > Cata

If sales are less then Cata it would say alot.

agree with both posters

anyways, have fun w MOP

• Creslin321Creslin321 Member Posts: 5,359
    Originally posted by cronius77
    Originally posted by Creslin321

man get yourself into reality , ive seen way more of these gw2 trolls here trying to bait wow players on their forums then wow players. you have a guy rename himself kungfupanda2012 just for the sack of baiting people as hes stirring the pot in both sets of forums intentionally . You guys here just cannot stand any game that has an expansion or releases effecting GW2 . If its so great stop trying to bait everyone here and go enjoy gw2.

Maybe, I wouldn't be surprised, but just look at THIS thread ;).

I know that not all WoW fans are like this, but honestly, the folks in this thread are not representing the WoW community very well.

Are you team Azeroth, team Tyria, or team Jacob?

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798
    Originally posted by cronius77

ive seen way more of these gw2 trolls here trying to bait wow players on their forums then wow players. you have a guy rename himself kungfupanda2012 just for the sack of baiting people as hes stirring the pot in both sets of forums intentionally .

ive seen it too - i agree

This discussion has been closed.