Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How much did you spend?

13»

Comments

• HomituHomitu Member UncommonPosts: 2,030
    Haven't spent any extra money.  I've been able to get everything I want from the gem store--2 bank slots and an extra character slot--through in game gold.  
  • tank017tank017 Member Posts: 2,192

I havent spent anything,

nothing in the store interests me..

not yet anyway.

• FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,898
    I haven't spent any cash in the store.  I really only needed extra bag space and bought gems for gold.  I'm not currently playing the game so there's no rush to buy gems for cash.
  • GreenishBlueGreenishBlue Member Posts: 263
    $0.00

• GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855

Originally posted by Yamota
    Originally posted by Vesavius Originally posted by Lord.Bachus So far i spend €50, for 4000 gems,  Bought 3 extra classslots for 2400 and have 1600 left on my account.     Anyone else allready spend more then he would on a subbed game in the first 5 months?     I dont regret spending it, but it proves to me that even when you want to make money B2p is the way to go
        I have spent £8, which ofc is more then I would have spent in the first month in a sub based game as well. But then that's the great trick of cash shops I guess... They dress up more expensive basics, such as a practical amount of bank space, as 'choice'. We have to remember that the highly promoted and very much engineered move to this model is only to benefit profit margains, not the games or the gamer.   Cash shops do not fix games, and no game has ever been made better by one. If it wasn't worth the gamer's time at £2.50/week then the chances are it isn't at whatever the shop eventually drip feeds out of them.   Cash shops effect game design on the most profound level. It simply isn't a good model for anyone who calls themselves a gamer and plays to achieve.
    Agree 100%. Cash shop adds nothing good for gamers. It just gives the illusion that it is cheaper than a sub based game. Its sole purpose is to increase the profit margins and that is why games which were tanking are suddenly profitable, without the actual gameplay improving.

Not only that, but their design, At least from what I have seen in the P2P->F2P conversions is that they aren't targeting new players, But rather trying to Fleece the current paying player base.

• TomBaker_fanTomBaker_fan Member Posts: 131
    $200.00 and counting, probably gonna spend another $50.00 on Tuesday.

• ZylaxxZylaxx Member Posts: 2,574
    so far ive spent $150.00 on 3 x 4k gems and converted it all into gold to buy my exotic set and full bag/bank access.  Dont regret any of it either.

Everything you need to know about Elder Scrolls Online

Playing: GW2
    Waiting on: TESO
    Next Flop: Planetside 2
    Best MMO of all time: Asheron's Call - The first company to recreate AC will be the next greatest MMO.

• NitreNitre Member Posts: 37

40€ for the game and that was 40€ too much..well it was 2 weeks of fun n now im pretty much done with the game,

nothing todo except pvp

• monarc333monarc333 Member UncommonPosts: 622
    Bought some dye packs, a few minis, chest keys, and lvl 80 transmutation stones. All well worth it. I'm addicted to collecting dyes. I must have them all!
  • evolver1972evolver1972 Member Posts: 1,118
    I spent $60 back in April (or May?) to buy the game.  I haven't spent a dime since.  I will probably spend $30-$40 around Christmas time just for some extra little goodies.  That will probably be all I spend until the first expansion comes out.

You want me to pay to play a game I already paid for???

Be afraid.....The dragons are HERE!

• JyiigaJyiiga Member UncommonPosts: 1,187

I would actually buy some gold if the conversion rate was anywhere near sane. Currently if you were to spent 50 dollars to buy 4000 gems you could convert that to roughtly 12g which is LOLOLOLOL BAD. As I have pointed out in my other threads bots are a huge issue in this game and they are going to continue to be a problem for Anet, because of how this economy works. Currently the Gold Sellers will give you around 30g for 50 bucks and everyone knows it due to in game spam. 

Since this climate is not going to change anytime soon.. I will buy or craft the cheapest level 80 exotic set possible and then I will go WvW. I will likely ignore dungeons, gold grind and other methods of acquiring cosmetic gear until things are tweaked. We know dungeon currency is going to change, so why grind it and become burnt out on it now... When I will be getting much higher yields in the future. I would also LOVE to have the T3 cultural set but it would cost nearly 100g to acquire and I just can't see myself doing that. It just does not scale well when you look at the cost of T1 and T2. 

I like the idea of having things to work toward... but, as a casual player and as someone who prefers WvW over PVE and crafting... I feel like I should just ignore these things. 

• thekid1thekid1 Member UncommonPosts: 789

I spend €10. But in retrospect it wasn't needed, I make enoug gold to buy my gems.

There isn't anything I want to buy anyway except bank space.