Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Excitement over Mists of Panderia?

Comments

• ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    Not been following it at all, don't even know what's in it.
  • BadaboomBadaboom Member UncommonPosts: 2,380
    Originally posted by Kyleran
    Originally posted by Badaboom
    I have nothing left for WoW, so definitely no excitement.  When I left, I left for good.  I gave all my gold away, deleted my inventory one piece at a time for all characters and deleted all of my characters (all max level which was level 70 at the time).  150+ days played in game time.

You know, if you contact Blizzard support they'll restore your characters back to you.

Just trying to help.  image

• AmjocoAmjoco Member UncommonPosts: 4,860
    Originally posted by Amjoco
    I have nothing left for WoW, so definitely no excitement.  When I left, I left for good.  I gave all my gold away, deleted my inventory one piece at a time for all characters and deleted all of my characters (all max level which was level 70 at the time).  150+ days played in game time.

Off topic; You need your old Avatar back Badaboom. I like this one, but the other was better, and just because someone else showd up with it doesn't mean you have to give it up! :) It is yours, go take it back!

Alrighty then.

Yes!!! You have unlocked an important acheivement. Here is a million Black Lion Chests. lol

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.

Off topic; You need your old Avatar back Badaboom. I like this one, but the other was better, and just because someone else showd up with it doesn't mean you have to give it up! :) It is yours, go take it back!

Alrighty then.

Yes!!! You have unlocked an important acheivement. Here is a million Black Lion Chests. lol

But I need Keys damnit!

• ZigZagsZigZags Member UncommonPosts: 381
    I have to admit Im not that excited, but I plan on trying it out. GW2 is not a good game and is even more carebear than WoW so until something better comes along, my account keeps going.

Dragnon - Guildmaster - Albion Central Bank in Albion Online

www.albioncentralbank.enjin.com

Originally posted by ZigZags
    I have to admit Im not that excited, but I plan on trying it out. GW2 is not a good game and is even more carebear than WoW so until something better comes along, my account keeps going.

If you are looking for hardcore you may want to keep your eye on Darkfall Unholy Wars.

• ZigZagsZigZags Member UncommonPosts: 381
    Originally posted by ZigZags

If you are looking for hardcore you may want to keep your eye on Darkfall Unholy Wars.

I am. Although im a little skeptic that no gameplay video is out 2 months before expected release. Plus I got burned already with Darkfall 1.0 so we'll see. Im definitely going to try it out.

Dragnon - Guildmaster - Albion Central Bank in Albion Online

www.albioncentralbank.enjin.com

• kaliniskalinis Member Posts: 1,428

Im very excited been gettign ready for a month or so. My gf cant wait to play a panda, They r cute and woman probably love them , 

Im so tired of the kung fu panda pokeman stuff. Ok ill admit pet battles are pokemon, There, That said pandaran as a race have been otu far longer then kung fu panda, 

Players have wanted pandarans since bc was announced and they were guess what new races were gonna be, 

I for one love wow still its fun , Yea cata sucked enough i took 6 months off, Played tor and had fun , But im back and hoping mop is much better then cata, 

I dont mind the talent tree changes have checked them out already, Hope i dont mind shaman class changes but the lock changes are awesome im having a blast right now levelng up a lock 

Oh i tried out monk in beta and i loved it. But then i loved playing druid and pally and its alot like them in some ways. 

• GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855

I bought it

I'll play it until 11/13/12

Nothing wrong with going back in for a month or 2 just to kick around.

• Grimlock426Grimlock426 Member Posts: 159
    Originally posted by JeroKane

It's actually pretty funny to see that even most prime game sites don't cover much WoW anymore these days, than they used to.

Mists of Pandaria is definitely the least hyped expansion to date.

Except for a banner here and there and a poster you see now and then in a game store. People really don't seem to care anymore.

Unlike WoW's previous expansions.

Even Blizzard doesn't seem to go all out on Advertisement and hype anymore. Which should be a good indicator as to how much effort (development and money) they put in this expansion.

No good sign at all!  So I definitely gonna steer clear from this expac.

What are you smoking?  There are banner ads on just about any game/mmo related website, not too mention full television adds that have been running for weeks during all the football games.  That ain't cheap!  That doesn't mean it will be a good expansion, but to try to say Blizz isn't advertising it because they think it sucks is just ridiculous!

• cybersrscybersrs Member UncommonPosts: 181

Every expansion, same graphics? Wont they ever improve it?

I know that gameplay > graphics... but come on, did they change it since 2004? why can not we see graphics like Black Desert Online? Too many WoW players with bad computers?

http://steparu.com/previews/mmo-rpg-previews/897-black-desert-online-interview

Originally posted by cybersrs

Every expansion, same graphics? Wont they ever improve it?

I know that gameplay > graphics... but come on, did they change it since 2004? why can not we see graphics like Black Desert Online? Too many WoW players with bad computers?

http://steparu.com/previews/mmo-rpg-previews/897-black-desert-online-interview

That was very subtle.

• WhiteLanternWhiteLantern Member RarePosts: 3,309
    Originally posted by Prenho
    If I were 10 years old, I could be as excited as going to Disneyland. But no, I don't want this cartoony shit destroying my eyes.

I was 35 before I went to DisneywhicheveroneisinCalifornia. I was pretty excited about it, but once is enough for our short lives.

I want a mmorpg where people have gone through misery, have gone through school stuff and actually have had sex even. -sagil

• sevitothsevitoth Member UncommonPosts: 375

Vanilla WOW is one of my all time favorite games, but each expansion has made the game worse. I barely lasted a week in Cata before cancelling my account and have never gone back. I have zero interest in MOP.

And yes, having to relearn your class every expansion because they keep re-doing the talent trees is annoying as hell.

Currently Playing: DAOC Uthgard

Previously Played: UO, DAOC, Shadowbane, AC2, SWG, Horizons, COX, WOW, EQ2, LOTRO, AOC, WAR, Vanguard, Rift, SWTOR, ESO, GW2.

• JeroKaneJeroKane Member EpicPosts: 6,965
    Originally posted by Grimlock426
    Originally posted by JeroKane

It's actually pretty funny to see that even most prime game sites don't cover much WoW anymore these days, than they used to.

Mists of Pandaria is definitely the least hyped expansion to date.

Except for a banner here and there and a poster you see now and then in a game store. People really don't seem to care anymore.

Unlike WoW's previous expansions.

Even Blizzard doesn't seem to go all out on Advertisement and hype anymore. Which should be a good indicator as to how much effort (development and money) they put in this expansion.

No good sign at all!  So I definitely gonna steer clear from this expac.

What are you smoking?  There are banner ads on just about any game/mmo related website, not too mention full television adds that have been running for weeks during all the football games.  That ain't cheap!  That doesn't mean it will be a good expansion, but to try to say Blizz isn't advertising it because they think it sucks is just ridiculous!

Not here in Europe. Haven't seen a single advertisement AT ALL!

And here used to be tons of them up until the Cataclysm expansion. Now.... NOTHING!

It's really strange actually.

So maybe in the US they still do.... not in Europe tho.

• Harbinger1975Harbinger1975 Member UncommonPosts: 244

Some really great posts.  The range of feelings are wide.

I guess for me, World of Warcraft is like that old friend that has passed away.  And yes I know of the things I posted in my very first post.  And those are a part of it.  But I think the bigger part of it is that the magic of Warcraft has died out.  I remember the game for what it was, not for what it has become.  Maybe some of you remember it, those that started way back when.  The magic of stepping out of Northshire Abbey into the big wide world of Azeroth.  Or out of the Shadowglen and Aldrassil.  Or even into Dun Morough (I know I spelled that wrong.  I've never been able to spell that name right).  The magic of maybe entering the Scarlet Monestary for the first time or even facing off against Baron Rivendare in Dead-Side Stratholme.  Or everyone's favorite, the assaults on Southshore and Tarren Mill.

Maybe the magic died out when the World of Warcraft was trying to hard to "keep up with the Jones".  But don't get me wrong, I do know and remember that Warcraft was the leader for many a years.  It was only after that they started adapting other things games were doing to one up them.  And I think that is where it started to die out.  And this may be speculation on my part, but to me it felt like they were reaching too far, too fast.  Maybe that old addage came into play: They let the success go right to their heads.

But I could sit here and wax rhapsody all day on my personal thoughts on that.  That doesn't make them true.  Maybe that's why I can now go back and play Warcraft 3.  Because so much time has passed since I last played that my memories of what the World of Warcraft was is becoming lost to the winds of time.  To know that we can't get that back.  It is what it is and I know that.  And I think for me that's why I just couldn't get excited anymore for the game's expansions as I delve deeper into my thoughts on it.  As I said though, what I wrote in the first post is true to me and is part of it, but  I think the feeling of the magic in the World of Warcraft that  has long since faded becomes the more prevailing factor into why the excitement for me is gone.

• VyethVyeth Member UncommonPosts: 1,461

All i have to say is that if this expansion pack once again shatters Blizzards sale records then I will ignore anyone and everyone who screams about wanting something different than WoW or how much they hate WoW clones or features that mimic WoW etc..

We, as the consumers, have the ability to speak with our wallets and if we continue to throw money at something we constantly get on these forums and complain about then we deserve nothing more than the same stuff we have claimed to have been fed so far.

I'll wait and see, but for all the gripes I read about on these forums, SOMEONE is playing this game. And not just a few someones, but ALOT of someones are still playing and paying Blizzard to keep this "so hated" game alive and well..

• slickbizzleslickbizzle Member Posts: 464
    I'm not that excited about an expansion this time around.  Not sure what it is.  I'm more excited about Age of Wushu coming out than MoP.
  • Spartan212Spartan212 Member Posts: 55
    Originally posted by kalinis

Im very excited been gettign ready for a month or so. My gf cant wait to play a panda, They r cute and woman probably love them , 

Im so tired of the kung fu panda pokeman stuff. Ok ill admit pet battles are pokemon, There, That said pandaran as a race have been otu far longer then kung fu panda, 

Players have wanted pandarans since bc was announced and they were guess what new races were gonna be, 

I for one love wow still its fun , Yea cata sucked enough i took 6 months off, Played tor and had fun , But im back and hoping mop is much better then cata, 

I dont mind the talent tree changes have checked them out already, Hope i dont mind shaman class changes but the lock changes are awesome im having a blast right now levelng up a lock 

Oh i tried out monk in beta and i loved it. But then i loved playing druid and pally and its alot like them in some ways. 

I keep hearing this over and over.  I played from BC and quit during Cata and, during those years, I never once heard someone ask for Pandas.  Was I living under a rock or is this statement way overexaggerated?

• halflife25halflife25 Member Posts: 737
    Originally posted by Spartan212
    Originally posted by kalinis

I keep hearing this over and over.  I played from BC and quit during Cata and, during those years, I never once heard someone ask for Pandas.  Was I living under a rock or is this statement way overexaggerated?

Why don't you look at the sales for MOP? that will answer your question. If indeed no one was looking forward to MOP, it will will be an utter disaster in sales no?

• nickster29nickster29 Member Posts: 486

Hmm, I will probably end up playing MoP, I am just unsure whether to buy the expansion now or just wait a week or two while I finish off Torchlight 2 and skip the release day madness.

If I do go back, I will probably just restart fresh on a PvP server.

• daltaniousdaltanious Member UncommonPosts: 2,381
    Originally posted by ScorpionOne

Disclaimer: These views belong to me and no one else.  Agree or disagree is your choice.  Please do not flame, troll, or any of that other wonderful hateful stuff.  This is more just seeing what feelings are.

No problem with that.

The Burning Crusade in 2006, I think it was.  Sure, there was some murmurings about space goats and emo-elves.  But the expansion was great (though secretly I was always a fan of this expansion.  I always liked Outland and I'm not sure why).  There were somethings I didn't care for that came out of The Burning Crusade.  Like how roles of the classes had started to die out.  But it was still enjoyable.  And the battlegrounds just felt...not as fun as they once were.  Maybe they'll do better in the next expansion?

Actually I started wow not that I remember only when BC come out. Had no problem, great original game, great expansion. 

2008 and here came Wrath of the Lich King.  Death Knights?  Cool!  Who doesn't love Death Knights?  Ummm...wow. There are alot of Death Knights.  Ok, to be expected.  Wait....I have to learn my class all over again?  Why?  And what's up with this phased zones?  Mmm...ok.  Story is ok, I guess.  Wrath Gate was beautiful and Zul'Drak was a nice zone.  Mmmph.  Something seem out of place here.  This isn't as great as it once was.  Another 10 levels and now I've got to do more runs for gear?  Why am I farming faction again?  This is getting monotonous.

Not really, at least not for me. And what would you do in mean time?

2010 and Cataclysm hits.  Ugh...here we go again.  They story is good, but now I have to learn my class.....AGAIN?!?!  Christ Almighty come on!  And why is my class even MORE worthless than it once was?!  Yeah, other than the story, this expansion is a Cataclysm.  And now another gear grind/faction grind.  Crafting sucks worse than in Wrath.  Battlegrounds are just zerg fests.  Ugh...this is the best that Blizzard had to offer?

Yep, and again question: what would you do otherwise? Maybe is exactly this that have kept wow so long on top. Only problem I see they did some terrible mistakes (druids, now shamans and that abomination of so called talent tree), but in general Blizzard does exactly the right thing. And you forgot this great, unique idea of reshaping old world. With little of nostalgia for old world, I enjoyed incredibly a lot reshaped areas. Enough to have leveled another 10 alts (wolves of course :-) to somewhere between 40 and 60).

I'm just curious if you guys, or how many of you guys have the same feeling as I do.  How many of you just don't feel the excitement anymore?  How many of you are excited?  Can you feel excited for what WoW has become or what are you feelings on this?  Where do you think they're going with it?

• ZoeMcCloskeyZoeMcCloskey Member UncommonPosts: 1,372

Will answer, only played WoW during closed beta and then later I played the L19, 29, 39 battlegrounds while waiting for Warhammer.  While I was never really a true-WoW player, I did find the game fun enough and liked it fine both times I was in it.

I have zero interest in a Panda race, but don't find them bad or anything.  If someone wants one, great!

I do love Monk style classes, so that part interests me a lot since they haven't been in games much lately that I have seen/recall anyways.  But given how much fun GW2 is now and how many other MMOs I am liking, I dont' see myself ever getting around to WoW again to try out a Monk honestly.

• AusareAusare Member Posts: 850
    I can not wait the few hours till i get off work and get my CE for brewmaster time.
  • bronzephishybronzephishy Member UncommonPosts: 64
    Really what your trying to express...is that your getting older and as much as u want WoW to relive your gaming youth days with it's latest expansion its not gonna happen. 2004 all of us teenagers with no jobs were playing nonstop and listening to linkin park music. it's now 2012..it's been 8 years! We have grown up...we don't have the same youthful schedule of 2004...we actually have jobs now and kids u know grown up stuff...all these posts about no more excitement for WoW are masked by posters who fail to realize 8 years have past and your simply maturing...