Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Excitement over Mists of Panderia?

Harbinger1975Harbinger1975 Member UncommonPosts: 244

Disclaimer: These views belong to me and no one else.  Agree or disagree is your choice.  Please do not flame, troll, or any of that other wonderful hateful stuff.  This is more just seeing what feelings are.

I remember when at one time I was very much in love with World of Warcraft.  I remember when I was looking at the screenshots of the game when it was in development and that I was playing Warcraft 2 and 3 over and over and over because I could barely contain my excitement to actually BE IN AZEROTH.  I think my old computer actually hated me for playing Warcraft so  much *laughs*.

2004 rolled around and here was Azeroth and all its beauty.  God it was awesome.  Risk and reward was worth it and it made me excited to see what else Blizzard could come up with.  You actaully learned so much about your class and it was just fun to be in Azeroth.  To feel like a part of the Alliance or Horde.  And who could forget about the 3+ days of Alterac Valley?  Ahhh...so wonderful and grand a time it was.  What's next, Blizzard?! was all I could ask. 

The Burning Crusade in 2006, I think it was.  Sure, there was some murmurings about space goats and emo-elves.  But the expansion was great (though secretly I was always a fan of this expansion.  I always liked Outland and I'm not sure why).  There were somethings I didn't care for that came out of The Burning Crusade.  Like how roles of the classes had started to die out.  But it was still enjoyable.  And the battlegrounds just felt...not as fun as they once were.  Maybe they'll do better in the next expansion?

2008 and here came Wrath of the Lich King.  Death Knights?  Cool!  Who doesn't love Death Knights?  Ummm...wow. There are alot of Death Knights.  Ok, to be expected.  Wait....I have to learn my class all over again?  Why?  And what's up with this phased zones?  Mmm...ok.  Story is ok, I guess.  Wrath Gate was beautiful and Zul'Drak was a nice zone.  Mmmph.  Something seem out of place here.  This isn't as great as it once was.  Another 10 levels and now I've got to do more runs for gear?  Why am I farming faction again?  This is getting monotonous.

2010 and Cataclysm hits.  Ugh...here we go again.  They story is good, but now I have to learn my class.....AGAIN?!?!  Christ Almighty come on!  And why is my class even MORE worthless than it once was?!  Yeah, other than the story, this expansion is a Cataclysm.  And now another gear grind/faction grind.  Crafting sucks worse than in Wrath.  Battlegrounds are just zerg fests.  Ugh...this is the best that Blizzard had to offer?

2012 and here comes the Mists of Panderia tomorrow.  I didn't preorder it.  I'm not even subbed to WoW anymore.  Seven years since the launch of the game and enough was enough.  When I watched BlizzCon last year, I just couldn't feel excited for it.  In fact, I think seeing what I saw just made it worse for me.  I felt disgusted by what I saw.  The new talent tress, to me, feel forced with no real sense of choice.  I was never sure what they were trying to accomplish with the new trees.  And watching BlizzCon it almost had a feel of people saying:  What the hell is this?

I'm just curious if you guys, or how many of you guys have the same feeling as I do.  How many of you just don't feel the excitement anymore?  How many of you are excited?  Can you feel excited for what WoW has become or what are you feelings on this?  Where do you think they're going with it?

Comments

• rungardrungard Member Posts: 1,035

i never played wow long, but it was a good game back in 2005. I thinik i played it for 6-8 months or so ( got one character to 60) I tried it again in 2006 with the burning crusade and that lasted about a week. Not as good as the king (Pre-Toa daoc), not as good as eq, and it ranks lower than GW2 now on my list.

i think there all hype with little substance, and i have no interest in pandas.  I see that there are 10 million that may or may not disagree..but that doesnt make me wrong.

Excitement=0

• VolkonVolkon Member UncommonPosts: 3,748
    You made it to Cataclysm, you're a stronger person than I.

Oderint, dum metuant.

• ElsaboltsElsabolts Member RarePosts: 3,476

I quit playing wow because i got tried of my account getting hacked and the time it took to get it back. It got even worse with blizzards authentacator. Until they fix hacking will not be back. I do not care how good Mists is.

" Life Liberty and the Pursuit of Those Who  Would Threaten It "
                                            MAGA
  • nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,775

i am a lot less excited over MOP, than WOTLK or CATA.

There are just too many other games to play.

• XzenXzen Member UncommonPosts: 2,607
    Stopped playing WoW shortly after WotLK released. I had fun during my time playing WoW but I got bored with it. If you're still enjoying WoW more power to you.
  • MyTabbycatMyTabbycat Member UncommonPosts: 316
    WotLK was fun. Cata was meh and I just don't to do it all over again with MoP. After a while grinding for useless gear that gets replaced with a new expansion just feel tedious.
  • Eir_SEir_S Member UncommonPosts: 4,440
    I feel the same way as you, OP.  I wish I could get my money back for Cata... what a terrible expansion.  I enjoyed everything before that though.
  • NaughtyPNaughtyP Member UncommonPosts: 793

I just bought GW2, Torchlight 2 and Borderlands 2 this month. I think I'm good in the games department for a while.

I have nothing against WoW. It is what is is. But it's also just an old hat I don't want to wear ever again.

Enter a whole new realm of challenge and adventure.

• JeroKaneJeroKane Member EpicPosts: 6,959

It's actually pretty funny to see that even most prime game sites don't cover much WoW anymore these days, than they used to.

Mists of Pandaria is definitely the least hyped expansion to date.

Except for a banner here and there and a poster you see now and then in a game store. People really don't seem to care anymore.

Unlike WoW's previous expansions.

Even Blizzard doesn't seem to go all out on Advertisement and hype anymore. Which should be a good indicator as to how much effort (development and money) they put in this expansion.

No good sign at all!  So I definitely gonna steer clear from this expac.

• Grimm666Grimm666 Member UncommonPosts: 126

I started WoW in earnest back in Wrath and had a great time. Cataclysm was fun, but I hated hitting 85, because I kept feeling like my only options for progression were running heroics 7 times a week or unsubbing. And after about a month of running old content for achievements and mounts, I unsubbed (although I still visit for a month every now and again).

From what I've followed of MoP, it looks like they're giving me a ton more options for casually playing when I hit 90 and after a few months of indifference, I am actually excited to play tomorrow. I'm just making sure I take my time with it this time around. No all-day marathons for me - I'll hit max level whenever I do.

• NitreNitre Member Posts: 37

preordered already. best addon ever this will be. played on test server and i love it.

i dont really get why the OP had to make this thread tho if he knows he isnt buying this.

this is going to be a trollfest.

@Eir_S ;

so obvious lol..so funny.

Originally posted by Nitre

@Eir_S ;

It's obvious that I didn't enjoy Cata?  Oh I guess I'm wrong.  Seriously, get off my back.  Cata was horrible and I'm entitled to my opinion.

• GravargGravarg Member UncommonPosts: 3,424

I haven't been excited for an MMO since the original WoW.  This is probably the closest to excitement I've gotten since then.  I've always wanted to play a Pandaren.  Back when they were announcing the Races for the original game, TBC, and Cata, every single time i was like "omg let it be pandaren, let it be pandaren!"  Now I finally get my chance to be a Pandaren :D

-Shinjo Stormstout ;)

• JeroKaneJeroKane Member EpicPosts: 6,959

preordered already. best addon ever this will be. played on test server and i love it.

i dont really get why the OP had to make this thread tho if he knows he isnt buying this.

@Eir_S ;

How is this a troll topic? The OP has a valid point!

Unless you are such a blind Blizzard fan with huge blinders in front of your eyes, it doesn't take a brain to see that even Blizzard hasn't gone all out with this Expansion, like they used to do with the previous ones.

Hell, even prime game sites don't go all out anymore with this game, like they used to.

• KungFuPanda2012KungFuPanda2012 Member Posts: 28

@Eir_S ;

Just like you make guild wars 2 threads everyday telling us all how bored you are, and you even went as far as saying you're a grown ass man haha. keep up the comical gold kid.

• BadSpockBadSpock Member UncommonPosts: 7,979

I went back to WoW in Cata for long enough to level up a DK to 85 (took like a week) then gear up (another week or two) and kill Deathwing (another week maybe two?)

Was fun, was worth the 15-30 bucks for a month or two of subs, but I'm done.

I might check out MoP later in the year when I have time if I hear good things about it, but at this point I have far too much gaming to do without MoP added to the mix.

• BadaboomBadaboom Member UncommonPosts: 2,380
    I have nothing left for WoW, so definitely no excitement.  When I left, I left for good.  I gave all my gold away, deleted my inventory one piece at a time for all characters and deleted all of my characters (all max level which was level 70 at the time).  150+ days played in game time.
  • Calhoun619Calhoun619 Member Posts: 126

@Eir_S ;

So is this what youre gonna do? Just stare at the active topic list waiting for anyone who doesnt like WoW to speak their own opinion so you can come prove how your game is so superior?

Not everyone feels the same way as you do hate to break it to you.

Not everyone is buying MoP hate to break it to you.

I mean can you possibly troll harder? No really please, your just not trolling hard enough yet.

• AmjocoAmjoco Member UncommonPosts: 4,860

I just love World of Warcraft! I remember the first time I was playing my NE Druid with my son back during the first release. We came running up the road heading south along Darkshore near The Masters Glaive. We saw two horde and we took off one way and them the other. I stll feel the excitement of that game when it was new.

Through the years, the excitement has filtered into other games, and I have lost that feeling like many other folks have! I'm semi-excited to see the new class! The DK was a huge let down for me because of the level you got to start it out at. The Monk will feel better starting imho. hmmm, I think I just got excited. 

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.

• AmjocoAmjoco Member UncommonPosts: 4,860
    Originally posted by Badaboom
    I have nothing left for WoW, so definitely no excitement.  When I left, I left for good.  I gave all my gold away, deleted my inventory one piece at a time for all characters and deleted all of my characters (all max level which was level 70 at the time).  150+ days played in game time.

Off topic; You need your old Avatar back Badaboom. I like this one, but the other was better, and just because someone else showd up with it doesn't mean you have to give it up! :) It is yours, go take it back!

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.

Originally posted by Amjoco

The DK was a huge let down for me because of the level you got to start it out at.

Honestly, I never thought about that.  You're right, it would have kicked ass to roll a level 1 DK!

• PrenhoPrenho Member Posts: 298
    If I were 10 years old, I could be as excited as going to Disneyland. But no, I don't want this cartoony shit destroying my eyes.
  • BadaboomBadaboom Member UncommonPosts: 2,380
    Originally posted by Amjoco

Off topic; You need your old Avatar back Badaboom. I like this one, but the other was better, and just because someone else showd up with it doesn't mean you have to give it up! :) It is yours, go take it back!

Alrighty then.

• KanesterKanester Member UncommonPosts: 375
    Can't Wait, ALL HAIL THE KING!
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,435

You know, if you contact Blizzard support they'll restore your characters back to you.

Just trying to help.  image

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon