Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Goonswarm, CIA front! Please disregard the van outside your house.

UhwopUhwop Member UncommonPosts: 1,791

According to Glenn Beck Goonswarm is just a CIA front. 

http://themittani.com/media/glenn-beck-goonswarm-cia-front  -soundcloud audio. 

Seeing as no one ever let me in on this little bit of information I have to wonder if being a part of Goonwaffe means that the CIA has been keeping tabs on me, or have they been doing some sort of covert mind contol stuff this whole time.  I swear I've made phone calls and don't remember making them, or maybe I was just drunk calling a girl at 2 am, who can really be sure. 

I think that it's fair to say that aside from being an idiot he's also a bit of an insensitive, disgusting individual. 

Comments

• NicoliNicoli Member Posts: 1,312
    Welcome to Glenn Beck. He takes an honestly very good point, in this case "Why was the ambassador there with minimum protection on 9/11 of all dates?" and then screams loudly about something completely else that is so off the wall nobody will take it and the good point seriously. Maybe he works for the CIA and is doing a cover up! :)
  • DarkWaysDarkWays Member Posts: 31
    Nothing to see here please move along.
  • UhwopUhwop Member UncommonPosts: 1,791
    Originally posted by DarkWays

You're absolutely right.

There isn't a thing to see in your post, please move along.  

The whole thing really wouldn't have been so bad, goonswarm is a CIA front actually made me laugh, but then it got to the end of the recording and what he says that just turned the entire thing revolting.  The guy really doesn't have an ounce of class or respect apparently. 

• Jester92Jester92 Member Posts: 156
    Originally posted by DarkWays

LOL

J. B.

• NetSageNetSage Member UncommonPosts: 1,059
    Originally posted by NetSage

http://www.mmorpg.com/newsroom.cfm/read/25579/EVE-Online-Glenn-Beck-Goonswarm-a-CIA-Front.html

You're a couple days behind the front page.

If it's not posted on the front page I won't see it.  Either at the top with the other articles are at the bottom with the smaller bits of news stuff.  If it was posted on the front page, I'm not sure how I missed it. 

Thank you. 

Edit:  It seems I'm unable to post in that thread as well.  Maybe I'm just being outsmarted by the forums. 

• RednecksithRednecksith Member Posts: 1,238

Except he never says anywhere that Goonswarm is a CIA front, just that the ambassador and his, 'protective detail' MAY have been working for the CIA. In fact, he never mentions Goonswarm at all. The closest he comes is stating that the message Smith left on their boards MAY have been a message to the CIA to 'get them out'.

Please quit over-sensationalizing and misrepresenting things. It was irresponsible when the staff of this site did it, and it's irresponsible when you do it. Thanks.

• ElsaboltsElsabolts Member RarePosts: 3,476
    Originally posted by Rednecksith

Except he never says anywhere that Goonswarm is a CIA front, just that the ambassador and his, 'protective detail' MAY have been working for the CIA. In fact, he never mentions Goonswarm at all. The closest he comes is stating that the message Smith left on their boards MAY have been a message to the CIA to 'get them out'.

Please quit over-sensationalizing and misrepresenting things. It was irresponsible when the staff of this site did it, and it's irresponsible when you do it. Thanks.

Why were Stevens and Smith by themselves to begin with out of the Main Embasey on 9/11 ? No one has asked or answered that question ?

Barry and Hill are having a tough time explaining that one.

" Life Liberty and the Pursuit of Those Who  Would Threaten It "
                                            MAGA

You mean except for the part were he says that Sean is a CIA agent looking for weapons of mass destruction and that when he got to consulate he was conserned because people were watching it, and instead of calling the state house or anyone else he goes a to gaming website, and then says that he said stuff that he never said to inform the CIA that they needed help? 

Now, sinse Mr. Beck had ALL of his "facts" wrong, and it was actually jabber that Sean was on talking to his goonswarm friends, and if according to Mr. Beck he was leaving a message for the CIA what exactly would that make us in the goonswarm. 

If 1+1=2 then that means Mr. beck was trying to say that the people Sean was talking to were other CIA agains, those people are goonswarm members playing EVE, therefore goonswarm must be a cover for the CIA. 

Yes, you're absolutely right. 

LOL@ misrepresenting things.  That's actually pretty funny.  Good job. 

• ElsaboltsElsabolts Member RarePosts: 3,476
    Originally posted by Uhwop

You mean except for the part were he says that Sean is a CIA agent looking for weapons of mass destruction and that when he got to consulate he was conserned because people were watching it, and instead of calling the state house or anyone else he goes a to gaming website, and then says that he said stuff that he never said to inform the CIA that they needed help? 

Now, sinse Mr. Beck had ALL of his "facts" wrong, and it was actually jabber that Sean was on talking to his goonswarm friends, and if according to Mr. Beck he was leaving a message for the CIA what exactly would that make us in the goonswarm. 

If 1+1=2 then that means Mr. beck was trying to say that the people Sean was talking to were other CIA agains, those people are goonswarm members playing EVE, therefore goonswarm must be a cover for the CIA. 

If i were a Goonie i would be wondering how much time Langley is spending on there comps and just might be a little more concernd on who gets in the group now. Just saying ?

" Life Liberty and the Pursuit of Those Who  Would Threaten It "
                                            MAGA
    Originally posted by Elsabolts

If i were a Goonie i would be wondering how much time Langley is spending on there comps and just might be a little more concernd on who gets in the group now. Just saying ?

Given the nature of EVE, I think we'd benefit from the experience of some intelligence officers from the CIA.  Or maybe that's why our intel is so good. 

You may actually be on to something!  Crap, maybe that's why we're the largest, most successful corp in EVE, we really are a front for the CIA.  

• RednecksithRednecksith Member Posts: 1,238

Yes, because the CIA can't POSSIBLY monitor Goonie communications channels unless the whole corp is a front, right?

If you use your brain (tough for a Goonie, I know), you'd realize that an online game or gaming site would be the perfect way to get a message out, since most counterintelligence agencies wouldn't think to monitor such communications.

Furthermore I don't know about you, but if I'm in fear of my life I'm not going to be playing an online game or browsing the web. Just sayin'.

Yes, because the CIA can't POSSIBLY monitor Goonie communications channels unless the whole corp is a front, right?

If you use your brain (tough for a Goonie, I know), you'd realize that an online game or gaming site would be the perfect way to get a message out, since most counterintelligence agencies wouldn't think to monitor such communications.

Furthermore I don't know about you, but if I'm in fear of my life I'm not going to be playing an online game or browsing the web. Just sayin'.

Please stop.  You, like Mr. Beck, don't know what you're talking about. 

Sean didn't know he was in danger, he was on jabber talking to friends when the whole mess started.  He did not leave a message on a website, he did not leave a message in a game, he wasn't in the game, he was talking to a few people directly over an IM service, and the only thing he said was **** shooting. 

Funny you would tell anyone to use thier brain when you're making a statement based off information that isn't even true. 

PS:  Yes, using an unsecure chanell that is logged by people not working for the CIA is a great way to get a message out.  That would be incredibly intelligent of a group that deals in intelligence to use a gaming website, online game, or someone else jabber service to conduct intelligence.   I could absolutely see the CIA using our jabber chat rooms to leave encoded messages for other CIA agents.  That would be so much smarter then them using secure lines of communication. 

• HazelleHazelle Member Posts: 760

His gross misinterpretation of the facts is on par with your misinterpretation of his misinterpretation.

No where does he say that goonswarm is anything at all, only that he sent a message out to the CIA via a gaming community.  Nothing at all in there about goonswarm having anything to do with the CIA except perhaps that one of the people in that community is CIA or what he said would be overheard by the CIA.  See where you made your error?

I will agree however that he's an idiot and also that he's also a massively insensitive and disgusting individual for what he's doing in that video, but then you seem to be turning those deaths into your own little titillating misadventure yourself aren't you?  Like a proper whore at least he's being paid well for what he's doing - how about you?

• dave6660dave6660 Member UncommonPosts: 2,699
    People take Glenn Beck seriously?  His show is in the same category as Jerry Springer or World Wrestling Entertainment.

“There are certain queer times and occasions in this strange mixed affair we call life when a man takes this whole universe for a vast practical joke, though the wit thereof he but dimly discerns, and more than suspects that the joke is at nobody's expense but his own.”
    -- Herman Melville

• KungFuPanda2012KungFuPanda2012 Member Posts: 28
    This guy is on fox news right? /thread.
  • winterwinter Member UncommonPosts: 2,281

DiD we really need another thread on this, what the official one from MMORPG by Suzie ford wasn't enough?

lets just say if Goonswrm is the CIA they did a real bang up job of rescuing their operatives, and saving the embassador.

It would however explain why CCP gives free t2BP to goonswarm, always has there back, and goes out of their way to ban or otherwise take action against anyone that has legitamate issues with goonswarm play.  So the logical leap here is Goonswarm is CIA and CCP is owned and run by the CIA as part of the front.

• snowman22snowman22 Member UncommonPosts: 54
    CCP is a CIA front company. paying for a plex or a sub allows then to further the US space ops and fight against the evil pod killers in space. heck we are actually flying real ships and EvE is a GUI for the ships that are actually in space!! yes every time you suicide gank a player in eve you are making real aliens restart thier lives.. think about it!!! that ARK you ganked had 1 million families living on it.. damn you suicide gankers!
  • GrayGhost79GrayGhost79 Member UncommonPosts: 4,775
    I thought Glenn Beck was a member of the Goonswarm? Did that change recently or something?
  • NicoliNicoli Member Posts: 1,312
    Originally posted by snowman22
    CCP is a CIA front company. paying for a plex or a sub allows then to further the US space ops and fight against the evil pod killers in space. heck we are actually flying real ships and EvE is a GUI for the ships that are actually in space!! yes every time you suicide gank a player in eve you are making real aliens restart thier lives.. think about it!!! that ARK you ganked had 1 million families living on it.. damn you suicide gankers!

For some reason "My Bad" doesn't seem to cut it... Ohh look a Charon!