Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mop #1> outsell both gw2 and swtor in 24 hours of release.

goooo blizzzz make another industry best selling game expansions ever, woooo mop will outsell both gw2+ swtor combined in 24 hours for sure another record breaking game expansions again as usual of blizz. Wow just wont die lol

Comments

• DerrosDerros Member UncommonPosts: 1,216
    well, yea, arent there like 9-10 million people that NEED to buy the expantion to keep progressing, with another 2 million who might buy it to check out the new changes.
  • ClocksimusClocksimus Member Posts: 354
    Originally posted by Derros
    well, yea, arent there like 9-10 million people that NEED to buy the expantion to keep progressing, with another 2 million who might buy it to check out the new changes.

This is actually the least restrictive WoW expansion to date if I'm not mistaken.  You don't need to buy MoP to get acess to panda?  but you will get get their other zones or something like that? I don't play WoW clearly I don't know the details.

• LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247
    Originally posted by Derros

Agreed. If it doesn't outsell those two it would be an industry shocker.

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

• CcDohlCcDohl Member Posts: 65
    No surprise. WoW is a lot better than SWtOR and definitely a lot better than GW2. This just continues the story.
  • GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855

Meh, I bought the expansion and a month. WTH, why not?

I've always rolled a Martial Artist in any MMO that had that playstyle.

SWG=TKM

AO=MA

Curious to play a Monk (not a panda though)

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798
    Originally posted by MeGaTronPower
    goooo blizzzz make another industry best selling game expansions ever, woooo mop will outsell both gw2+ swtor combined in 24 hours for sure another record breaking game expansions again as usual of blizz. Wow just wont die lol

outsell your previous expansion and you will surprise me

• NightgroperNightgroper Member Posts: 76
    Well it is also releasing on the same date as DOA5, and that could cause some to pick that up instead. I know I will be.

The more I'm around the forums on this site, the more bitter I become.

• EletherylEletheryl Member Posts: 152

I wonder how many will be from the Asian Market?, and maybe you didnt notice it yet but WoW is like 10 years old, people have like a life playing that game, a new expansion even when is just a kunfu-panda/pokemon remake will bring all the players for the last 10 years back, or at least most of them, And you making comparison with games who dont even have a year out. Im glad im not playing wow. 

• sammandarsammandar Member Posts: 523
    Originally posted by Nadia

outsell your previous expansion and you will surprise me

That's the measuring stick we should be using, not GW2 and/or SWTOR. If MoP outsells Cata I will be very surprised.

• BadaboomBadaboom Member UncommonPosts: 2,380
    As a big fan of GW2, I wish all those buying MOP the best.
  • sammandarsammandar Member Posts: 523
    Originally posted by Badaboom

same here man, even though the feelings from them are most likely not the same (just by looking at this thread)

• EletherylEletheryl Member Posts: 152

damn arena net must be jealous it took them a month to get 2.2 million copies sold, blizz can get that in 24 hours no sweat.

:p

You gonna play with PANDAS, Pandas with Kun-fu skills, i dont care about Millions of copies and players, but while u play in a pokemon arena with cute-fluffy panda bears, i´ll be on my commando killing people with an assault cannon.

• CcDohlCcDohl Member Posts: 65
    Originally posted by Eletheryl

damn arena net must be jealous it took them a month to get 2.2 million copies sold, blizz can get that in 24 hours no sweat.

:p

You gonna play with PANDAS, Pandas with Kun-fu skills, i dont care about Millions of copies and players, but while u play in a pokemon arena with cute-fluffy panda bears, i´ll be on my commando killing people with an assault cannon.

Ooooo tough guy! Watch out! He shoots people with an assault cannon. All us puny WoW players better watch out!

• PurutzilPurutzil Member UncommonPosts: 3,048
    Most likely, though its going to be the weakest expansion to date in release I'll gamble. Its very easy to outsell other games when your expansion basically is needed, else your left in the dust without anything to really do considering end game is all that counts in WoW. If your saying GW2 AND SWTOR combined.... I doubt it though. 
  • Eir_SEir_S Member UncommonPosts: 4,440
    Originally posted by Purutzil
    Most likely, though its going to be the weakest expansion to date in release I'll gamble. Its very easy to outsell other games when your expansion basically is needed, else your left in the dust without anything to really do considering end game is all that counts in WoW. If your saying GW2 AND SWTOR combined.... I doubt it though. 

Reminds me of when Cata released.  The ONLY reason I bought it was to keep playing with my guild... I wasn't excited about it nor did I enjoy it for the most part.  Now that I'm not playing WoW, there's no reason to buy MoP.  Lots of people who quit Cata will avoid it too.

• OziiusOziius Member UncommonPosts: 1,406
    Originally posted by Nightgroper
    Well it is also releasing on the same date as DOA5, and that could cause some to pick that up instead. I know I will be.

What is DOA5?

• AmjocoAmjoco Member UncommonPosts: 4,860
    Originally posted by Badaboom

And to add to Badabooms comment;

As a big fan of mmorpgs I wish all those who play any game the best. Quit your damn QQ over whos game is better and just live man, just live! lol

Back to the OP. Of course WoW will outsell GW2 and SWToR, it hast tv commercials and millions of people playing now. GW2 has no tv commercial and one poor internet ad.

I will see you guys tomorrow in either Tyria or Aseroth. Look for a Mist Weaver Monk or a Norn Guardian having fun. :)

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.

• evilastroevilastro Member Posts: 4,270

Neither will McDonalds, but I dont go there for quality food, just like I dont go to Blizzard for quality gaming.

• BadSpockBadSpock Member UncommonPosts: 7,979

This just in - scientists discover that Water is Wet!

More at 11 - Tom, back to you in the studio.

• korrabiskorrabis Member Posts: 19

I won't be one buying the expansion...  at least not for a long while. I bought Cata and hated it, main reason I kept playing WoW for the past 2 years or so is because the other mmo's that were out just weren't grabbing me and pulling me in to the point where I felt like it was worth leaving. Now I'm playing Guild Wars 2, and with no monthy sub it's worth it to me to stick with that.

Thing with MoP is that it's just going to be more of the same. People will play to quickly get to max level and just restart the gear grind. I'd rather them do away with the leveling part and just put in more end game content. I'm over that, it's just not fun anymore. I mean don't get me wrong, I played WoW for a lot of years and got a lot of enjoyment out of it.. so I'm not hating on it. It's just worn itself out and I think a lot of people only play now because of the friends they made in game. I kept logging in just to talk to the friends I made in the guild, but a lot of them have stopped playing for various reasons now and with them gone I notice there is no desire there to play.

So yeah, I think they still sell a lot but I think you are going to see this expansion die out even faster than Cata did. People will blow through the content and then move to another game, and I think they do it even faster than they did with Cata. WoW just doesn't keep people interested like it used to.

• Eir_SEir_S Member UncommonPosts: 4,440
    [mod edit]
    [mod edit]

Neither one are failed and WoW is slowly fading into the mud.  I'm a huge fan of all 3, including Rift and just about any mmorpg out there. But posting something that isn't true only discredits you here on the forum. Just because you don't like them, doesn't make them a failure to others.

WoW is an awesome game, but you have to see that the numbers are dropping, and dropping fast. /realism

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.

• krondinkrondin Member UncommonPosts: 106

This new wow exspansion is a testimate to how many women and younger mmo players there are in the player base for our gaming indisutry. We, the old school mmo players, have become the minority, quietly over the years. Games published with old school players in mind only, havent been doing well. Games published with a richer base of activitys < non killing mobs >  to do within the games and more costumes for people to play "dress up" with do better. Unfortunetly, the Old School gaming days wont return. They were a "once in a lifetime" era. Now as we get older, if we wish to be involved in a mmo, we must accept games the way they are now or choose to not play at all.

Remember folks, its a business to make money < mmo's > , not an attempt to make the best possible game for us to play. We've all seen games with things we liked die because they didnt make enough money.

• botrytisbotrytis Member RarePosts: 3,363
    MoP is playing to the Asian player base, not to women and kids.

Originally posted by Nitre
    Originally posted by Eir_S
    Originally posted by Nitre

[mod edit]

There are hundreds of thousands playing GW2. This was last night in a remote area where I thought I would be alone. This a couple nights ago. And this from several days ago. The servers are always full. As I said before, just because you don't like it doesn't mean it is failing. 

This discussion has been closed.