Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Banned, Again.

DrealgrinDrealgrin Member UncommonPosts: 156

I got banned and am sad now, but am glad that they banned me because obviously they're far too PC to allow people from the internet to play.

[mod edit]

What i don't understand is, why they would ban people for talking when there is an ignore function in game?

Just /ignore the person who upsets you. Problem Solved.

Or better yet, why not have a separate server where people who enjoy a good laugh can be sent to instead of banned from the game? Where the code of conduct is relaxed and everyone knows it.

Before you start proselytizing about how "trolls" are terrible people and deserve what's coming to them, Realize that there are plenty of people willing to pay for your favorite games that have very anal GMs, (such as Arenanet and Trion) to support these games. 

How can makers of MMOs expect not to attract people of all opinions and dispositions? Have you ever left a game because of what people have said in game?

Comments

• TigerAeroTigerAero Member Posts: 127
    Since you have no value in what you speak of you are just seen as wanting attention.
  • DrealgrinDrealgrin Member UncommonPosts: 156
    Originally posted by TigerAero
    Since you have no value in what you speak of you are just seen as wanting attention.

What?

Who is the one to qualify such a value?

• BoldynBoldyn Member Posts: 265

Keep your religous propaganda out of the gaming community would ya? Thanks.

Originally posted by Boldyn

Communities are communities, Spreading ideas and awareness are going to happen. Good luck trying to suppress it.

• itsbigmikeitsbigmike Member Posts: 86
    Discussing genital mutilation in youth doesn't really have a place in video games, and we all know there's more to your story than you're telling. 1/10

twitch.tv/boonmackle

• evolpcevolpc Member UncommonPosts: 75
    Originally posted by Drealgrin

Communities are communities, Spreading ideas and awareness are going to happen. Good luck trying to suppress it.

An in game community is not a public space or forum. It is not a place for you to spread whatever garbage you want or to cry out for attention. What is acceptable in a game community is completely at the discretion of the developer. They own the community and only allow you to be a part of it within their guidelines. But you know this and you are just trolling here as you can no longer do it within the Rift community.

Originally posted by itsbigmike
    Discussing genital mutilation in youth doesn't really have a place in video games, and we all know there's more to your story than you're telling. 1/10

I told the story completely truthfully. 

• BizkitNLBizkitNL Member RarePosts: 2,546

Wow, is this guy for real?

Dude, who on earth would take you seriously? No one, thats right.

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,372
    If what you are discussing is not gaming related keep it out of MMO chat. I don't want to hear about sports, politics, religion or what movie you plan to see.

No, I don't have to be tolerant, at least while the mods are on my side.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• tort0429tort0429 Member UncommonPosts: 297

There's a time and place for everything and it is quite difficult for me and I'm sure others to get into a conversation regarding a serious topic such as this while killing Ghosts and such.  

Your energy is wasted here in the gaming community where people want to have fun and take a break from the seroiusness of our sick world.  You should find a better place to spread awareness in my humble opinion.

Originally posted by Kyleran
    If what you are discussing is not gaming related keep it out of MMO chat. I don't want to hear about sports, politics, religion or what movie you plan to see.

No you don't have to be tolerant. That's why there is an ignore function in nearly all MMOs.

They give you the tools to fend for yourself, why do they shoot themselves in the foot by reducing their monthly profits?

• botrytisbotrytis Member RarePosts: 3,363

I got banned and am sad now, but am glad that they banned me because obviously they're far too PC to allow people from the internet to play.

[mod edit]

What i don't understand is, why they would ban people for talking when there is an ignore function in game?

Just /ignore the person who upsets you. Problem Solved

Or better yet, why not have a separate server where people who enjoy a good laugh can be sent to instead of banned from the game? Where the code of conduct is relaxed and everyone knows it.

Before you start proselytizing about how "trolls" are terrible people and deserve what's coming to them, Realize that there are plenty of people willing to pay for your favorite games that have very anal GMs, (such as Arenanet and Trion) to support these games. 

How can makers of MMOs expect not to attract people of all opinions and dispositions? Have you ever left a game because of what people have said in game?

Religion and politics DO NOT belong in a game. Seriously, many of the people who are playing games are trying to ESCAPE discussing those types of topics. Seriously, if you want to discuss that, there are forums for that.

Two things I learned never to discuss are politics and religion.

• tort0429tort0429 Member UncommonPosts: 297

Agreed.  POLITICS, RELGION, SPORTS during my gaming time!!!!  Never!!!!   That's like saying I want to listen to my bosses boring pep talks while sleeping with his secretary.  Duhhhh....

Originally posted by tort0429

There's a time and place for everything and it is quite difficult for me and I'm sure others to get into a conversation regarding a serious topic such as this while killing Ghosts and such.  

Your energy is wasted here in the gaming community where people want to have fun and take a break from the seroiusness of our sick world.  You should find a better place to spread awareness in my humble opinion.

Thank you for being respectful.

But every place is a good place to spread awareness. Not everyone goes out to find out things for themselves, how many minds can be changed by simply having issues brought to their attention?

• GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855

2 pages WoW!

DOH! I just made it 3

• PsyMike3dPsyMike3d Member UncommonPosts: 388
    Well banned!
  • BizkitNLBizkitNL Member RarePosts: 2,546

But every place is a good place to spread awareness. Not everyone goes out to find out things for themselves, how many minds can be changed by simply having issues brought to their attention?

As "just" as your mission is, the way youre handling it is extremely selfish. I mean, whats next? Hunger in Afrika while we try to take down a raidboss? Save the dolphins while we are trying to win an Arena match?

Come on, now.

• DeathengerDeathenger Member UncommonPosts: 880
    Sorry but your post, and how it explains just what kind of person you are does not deserve a nice response of any kind and hopefully your banned from this site too.

Agreed.  POLITICS, RELGION, SPORTS during my gaming time!!!!  Never!!!!   That's like saying I want to listen to my bosses boring pep talks while sleeping with his secretary.  Duhhhh....

So use the ignore function.

Originally posted by Deathenger
    Sorry but your post, and how it explains just what kind of person you are does not deserve a nice response of any kind and hopefully your banned from this site too.

Your opinion is valid, But how do you figure i am not a nice person?

Originally posted by BizkitNL

As "just" as your mission is, the way youre handling it is extremely selfish. I mean, whats next? Hunger in Afrika while we try to take down a raidboss? Save the dolphins while we are trying to win an Arena match?

Come on, now.

Funny "visual" but i don't see why either of those would be a bannable offense. I'd totally support it however.

• DeathengerDeathenger Member UncommonPosts: 880
    Openly admitting your a troll? Pretty much says it all since its not exactly behavior a "nice" person would take part in.

This discussion has been closed.