Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Things said by arenanet that are happening (with source)

124»

Comments

• KothosesKothoses Member UncommonPosts: 921
    Originally posted by eGumball
    Originally posted by Clocksimus
    A reponsible company would have launched their game when it was ready, with the majority of those issues resolved.

The majority of the mmo-industry confirmed that Guild Wars 2 was more ready, during the betas, than many other '' released mmos '' out there. The main problem with Guild Wars 2 was the load on the servers, that caused many issues, otherwise, the game was kinda great, and to be honest ... one of the games with the most ready content via launch ( Though I don´t meant, that the game had had a good launch, because this is not the case, with all the connection problems that resumed for days ).

This is true untill you hit the level 70 zones.,...

Currently on my Server

The Straights has appx 45% of its events locked out due to the south invasion event being stuck and not starting.

Malachors leap has ONE working temple event, every other chain is stuck at various stages.

Cursed Shore has a bugged Grenth event that is stuck at "Defend the cannon" with multiple people farming the never ending waves for 3 days, a server restart fixed this up untill the point where it got to the cannon event... when it bugged again.

Additionally one of the other temples in Orr is bugged.

The Ice Dragon event in the northern 75-80 Zone with Jormungar's (sp?) claw is also bugged not that it wont start, but that the whole zone is afflicted with a 10 second lag delay....

What makes it a 100000 times worse is that the game is STILL Fun in SPITE of these bugs... if they had got it right and I could actually see the epic finale events it would be amazing as it is, its just good because so much of the high level content is broken... 

• KothosesKothoses Member UncommonPosts: 921
    Originally posted by Eir_S
    Originally posted by wowfan1996
    Originally posted by dariuszp
    A reponsible company would have launched their game when it was ready, with the majority of those issues resolved.

It was ready on launch. Seriously, best launch I experienced in past few years. MMO are games that never end. They will always add something later. Most of the things they mentioned could never been resolved without players. They shape the game acording to our actions. 

With all the broken DEs I wouldn't call this the best launch. Rift certainly had fewer bugs.

Maybe they didn't play Rift, or if they did, they think GW2's launch was better.  Is that a problem?

Not a problem, but it has NOT been a good launch, rollbacks (with no explanation as to why or hope of fix) excessive TP downtime, broken end game events across all end game zones and other issues.

The game is good inspite of the end high level gameplay at the moment in PVE not because of it....

• BladestromBladestrom Member UncommonPosts: 5,001
    Oh what boost do you buy to help with cc and boon management? Boxing gloves?

rpg/mmorg history: Dun Darach>Bloodwych>Bards Tale 1-3>Eye of the beholder > Might and Magic 2,3,5 > FFVII> Baldur's Gate 1, 2 > Planescape Torment >Morrowind > WOW > oblivion > LOTR > Guild Wars (1900hrs elementalist) Vanguard. > GW2(1000 elementalist), Wildstar

Now playing GW2, AOW 3, ESO, LOTR, Elite D

• wowfan1996wowfan1996 Member UncommonPosts: 719
    Maybe they didn't play Rift, or if they did, they think GW2's launch was better.  Is that a problem?

You missed the point. Do I need to remind you how ANet specifically stated (more than once) that they had no release date except "when it was ready". Well, it's a month after launch now and the game could be much more "ready" to be honest. Because right now it's a bugfest. Another quick example: I can't recall how many times I fell through terrain on my rogue. And of course /stuck command doesn't even work so every time I fall through terrain I have to pay WP travel costs. 

Have you forgotten how they limited their open beta to semi-closed BWEs? Trion had a long and extensive open beta for Rift and as the result most of the game at release was fine (except 42+ zones which never were in the beta). ANet could learn from that and openly beta-test the whole game to ensure better experience after launch. But all they cared about was forcing people to pre-purchase.

---

All in all this is sad. Whatever little faith in video game industry I still had has now evaporated. I will never ever even CONSIDER buying another game.

MMORPG genre is dead. Long live MMOCS (Massively Multiplayer Online Cash Shop).

• Eir_SEir_S Member UncommonPosts: 4,440

All in all this is sad. Whatever little faith in video game industry I still had has now evaporated. I will never ever even CONSIDER buying another game.

Except Blizz products right?

Except Blizz products right?

After D3? You must be joking. No, my friend, especially not Blizzard products. They're not even remotely the same company anymore.

Originally posted by Bladestrom
    Oh what boost do you buy to help with cc and boon management? Boxing gloves?

You don't need CC. You need +5% damage and +5% damage resistance. CS boosts.

• Medicated03Medicated03 Member UncommonPosts: 40
    Originally posted by GamerUntouch

Arenanet have been saying things on the forums.

I know many people don't actually visit the forums (I honestly don't blame you), so these may have gone over your heads.

• Before the release more info about "serious competition" they want to fix tournament bugs.
    • Ladders, ranking and custom tournies are coming.

I thought this game was anti ladders/ranking etc wasnt it all about winning via skill and not needing anything more than the satisfaction of owning someone ? lol things change so fast when a company realises how fast they are losing momentum.

• halflife25halflife25 Member Posts: 737

The complaining never ends.

He has a point though. Why Anet gets a pass on broken end game zones and all other missing and broken features mentioned in your list when compnies like Bioware and Funcom are punded to the ground even now. Why the double standards?

• 13lake13lake Member UncommonPosts: 719
    Originally posted by Medicated03

I know many people don't actually visit the forums (I honestly don't blame you), so these may have gone over your heads.

• Before the release more info about "serious competition" they want to fix tournament bugs.

I thought this game was anti ladders/ranking etc wasnt it all about winning via skill and not needing anything more than the satisfaction of owning someone ? lol things change so fast when a company realises how fast they are losing momentum.

You're just uninformed, and havent even played the game or read the original articles, first of all there is 2 types of pvp in GW2:

there is World vs World vs World and there is Structured PvP.

And they are completely different, they have ALWAYS said that ranking ladders and custom tournies will be in sPvP, unfortunately 2 months before launch they said they wont be able to put them in on launch, but that they will come sooner.

The anti ladder/ranking part you've read somewhere on one of the bait,flame,troll posts from some haters/fanboi/whatever here on the forum is about the WvWvW aka the pvp like the old DaoC.

Learn your facts, YO !!!

• dageezadageeza Member Posts: 578

Only complaints that i really have minus the unchallenged bot infestation which is killing the game in more ways than one with no satisfactory answers yet provided by anet, the diminishing loot, karma and experience nerfs outside of dungeons are rediculous..

I often hit these limitations really fast and find it frustrating and not so fun combined with what appears to be backdoor nerfs to the speed at which events pop just leave me questioning anets ability to keep this game fun..

This is the most grindy game i have played in years it is fun nevertheless at least until i start getting punished for simply doing whatever is in front of me by diminishing returns which happens way to fast..

Playing GW2..

• StinkFootStinkFoot Member Posts: 25
    One thing I noticed about Arena.net is that their actively ontop and communicating with their player-bases and either addressing/fixing bugs in the game. While other companies tend to ignore these crucial parts of their game or provide less than satisfactory results.
  • grimalgrimal Member UncommonPosts: 2,935

"When it's ready"

There are two sides debating this definition.

On one hand, the ANET defenders.

Ready: as prepared as any MMO launch before it

ANET Criticism:

Ready: tested and vetted for launch

Offical Oxford Dictionary definition:

"in a suitable state for an activity, action or situation; fully prepared"

----------

I think what it boils down to is ANET, if they stand by their launch, was misusing the word ready and blatantly misleading the populace into thinking the game was going to be something it wasn't.

To me, fully prepared means FULLY PREPARED.

If they come out and admit that the game was not in fact ready, then they can save some face.

Now, this wouldn't be so much an issue but ANET was using it as a marketing piece, taking potshots at other companies.  So, I think it is very credible and important to remember that ANET, while some may proclaim them the "honest" developers, have been shown, for all the world to see, with the pie in their face.

• Eir_SEir_S Member UncommonPosts: 4,440
    Originally posted by StinkFoot
    One thing I noticed about Arena.net is that their actively ontop and communicating with their player-bases and either addressing/fixing bugs in the game. While other companies tend to ignore these crucial parts of their game or provide less than satisfactory results.

There is no such thing as good news on MMORPG.com.

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798

this was stated by ANET last week but a reminder

Anti-Speed Run Code Not Working as Intended

I havent seen further news regarding the bug yet

but patch is due tonight so hopefully it will be addressed

• UkiahUkiah Member Posts: 273

You missed the point. Do I need to remind you how ANet specifically stated (more than once) that they had no release date except "when it was ready". Well, it's a month after launch now and the game could be much more "ready" to be honest. Because right now it's a bugfest. Another quick example: I can't recall how many times I fell through terrain on my rogue. And of course /stuck command doesn't even work so every time I fall through terrain I have to pay WP travel costs. 

Have you forgotten how they limited their open beta to semi-closed BWEs? Trion had a long and extensive open beta for Rift and as the result most of the game at release was fine (except 42+ zones which never were in the beta). ANet could learn from that and openly beta-test the whole game to ensure better experience after launch. But all they cared about was forcing people to pre-purchase.

---

Hold on, hold on. You had me more or less agreeing with you until you called it "a bugfest". Yes, there are a LOT of bugged DE's. Yes, I think they should've straightened that shit out BEFORE they launched it. There are other issues, primarily the account hacking/gold spamming and flip a coin to guess whether or not the TP is available at any given moment and IF you can actually buy/sell/deliver anything on it. Add in perioidic authentication problems and (my personal favorite)  multi-hour WvWvW queues and yes, you have a perhaps less than desired gaming experience.

But it's NOT a bugfest.

Originally posted by cahenderson
    But it's NOT a bugfest.

Well, I guess we have plenty of examples that it can be much worse at launch (FFIV, WAR, AoC, etc). But when you run from one broken DE to another it's hard to stay calm sometimes. Just yesterday I couldn't do my daily achiev because I ran into too many broken DEs.

• halflife25halflife25 Member Posts: 737

I wonder if these people harping like a broken record in every thread that GW2 only has 'minor issues' even got to lvl 80 and experinced ORR zones? lets forget about that..have they ever read the Bug report section on official forums? how can anyone say this with a straight face is beyond me when entire game si riddled with bugs in personal stories, broken SP, DE's, hearts etc and other palethora of bugs. 

It was cute earlier when BUG section wasn't opened to public, it would be hard to fool people now when anyone can just log in and read the forums.

Ignore is bliss isn't it?

• BadSpockBadSpock Member UncommonPosts: 7,979
    Originally posted by Medicated03

Fail attempt to logical posting fails.

Ladders, ranking, and custom tournies do nothing to effect the gear-free skill-heavy based nature of sPvP, only give more reason to want to improve your SKILL and your PLAY and "be the best."

If you don't understand this concept, I am sorry.

• Ice-QueenIce-Queen Member UncommonPosts: 2,483
    I love the interaction Arenanet has with the players.

What happens when you log off your characters????.....
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFQhfhnjYMk
    Dark Age of Camelot