Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Refund

13»

Comments

• TardcoreTardcore Member Posts: 2,325
    Originally posted by Ambros123
    The answer is in this question.... If you walk into Dennys and order a dinner and eat the entire meal but was dissatisified with it do you get a refund?  You paid $60 for a service that you used, [mod edit]

What a load of hogwash!! . . . .  I ate at a Dennys once in southern California in the early 80s. Unless they've changed since then there is no way on earth anyone (human anyway) could stomach eating an entire revolting meal from that grease trap. So I'm sorry Sir, but your analogy fails. image

On a serious note, OP. Its just about impossible to get your money back on gaming software purchases.

"Gypsies, tramps, and thieves, we were called by the Admin of the site . . . "

• DistasteDistaste Member UncommonPosts: 665
    Originally posted by Timzilla

Originally posted by AwDiddums
    Morally this is wrong, you've played the product, you like the product but you want your money back because you really couldn't afford the product in the first place.

However when someone has a genuine problem then yes they should get their money back, it's their consumer right, but using an excuse just isn't right, do ppl think these companies survive on goodwill alone?

If you want to inject morality into a simple marketplace transaction, let's put it on the venders shoulders. If they can't deliver a product that engages a consumer for 30 days, then how in good conscious could they expect to keep his money. Return for full refund for any reason should be stamped proudly on any upstanding venders packaging.

Ummm where did you see that GW2 was supposed to entertain you for 30 days? Did ArenaNet ever make that claim? They are under no moral obligation to provide 30 days of entertainment. Do you expect 30 days of non-stop entertainment from a single player game? No.

Take a look at the actual value of  GW2's entertainment though. Say a movie is 2 hours long and $8 a ticket. My fastest level 80 was 70 hours. That means the actual value of GW2 is $280. Even at half that you cannot find a better entertainment value.

So yeah, screw ArenaNet for providing $280 worth of entertainment for only $60....RIGHT? How do they sleep at night?!

• AzaqinAzaqin Member UncommonPosts: 67
    Does anyone besides me find the slogan tag under the Original Poster's avatar freakin' HILARIOUS in this context?
  • OnigodOnigod Member UncommonPosts: 756
    Originally posted by Odinthedark1
    So recently i heard that it was possible people were getting hacked through the support site...long story short i spent the $60 i liked the game but forgot about sumthin else and i need to refund momentarily, but im worried ill lose my account and be out $60 at the same time...can anyone confirm the support site is good now?   

"I like the game but i need a refund"

I also liked my hamburger today, it was very tasty so i said to the guy that made my hamburger. "Hey dude, that was delicious but i would like a refund now"

See how logic my point is? just as logic as you wanting a refund.

• SlampigSlampig Member UncommonPosts: 2,342
    The answer is in this question.... If you walk into Dennys and order a dinner and eat the entire meal but was dissatisified with it do you get a refund?  You paid $60 for a service that you used, [mod edit]

Actually have seen it happen, so yes, it is possible to get a refund for a meal already eaten.

That Guild Wars 2 login screen knocked up my wife. Must be the second coming!

• The_KorriganThe_Korrigan Member RarePosts: 3,459
    Originally posted by Slampig
    The answer is in this question.... If you walk into Dennys and order a dinner and eat the entire meal but was dissatisified with it do you get a refund?  You paid $60 for a service that you used, stop being a shittard.

Actually have seen it happen, so yes, it is possible to get a refund for a meal already eaten.

The person ate the whole meal, and then asked for refund and got it? Like "Man, that lunch was so bad I ate the whole plate and now I want a refund!"?

Please, stop the nonsense. Nobody believes you (not even yourself).

- People tasting a bit of a plate, saying it tastes awful, and asking for a refund? Maybe.

- People finding a fly, a worm, a cockroach or similar stuff in their plate? Certainly.

But the story you tell us here is obviously invented. Keep the fairytales for the kids ;)

Respect, walk, what did you say?
    Respect, walk
    Are you talkin' to me? Are you talkin' to me?
    - PANTERA at HELLFEST 2023
    Yes, they are back !

• NitreNitre Member Posts: 37

lmao this thread blows my mind!

• Odinthedark1Odinthedark1 Member Posts: 330

Not even worth feeding the trolls, deleted my post i need a break from this site, but to all the actual people with good intentions thanks. 

• tawesstawess Member EpicPosts: 4,227

I do not see what you are so angry about, you asked a honest question and you got a honest answer from most people... That you are SoL.

It is not our fault that you feel that you need to buy something for your father... Try making something instead... A lot cheaper and much much more personal.

Edit: If anyone care... Nothing is ever delted from the internet.

This have been a good conversation

• AzaqinAzaqin Member UncommonPosts: 67

Yeah, dude, to anyone with even a modicum of savvy, nothing is ever "deleted" from the internet. And I have no idea what you think would happen. You essentially said you bought the game, liked it a lot, played it a lot, but now you want a refund 'cause you have some kind of financial need for the 60 bucks? 

Ya know what? I ALWAYS have a need for $60. Even if I already have $60, I could still use another. Even if I have $1000 in my wallet, i could STILL always use another $60. I could use another $60 right now. You bought a product, you got use out of the product, you have no right to expect your money back. Do you go to movies, watch the whole thing, then go to the manager and say "Hey, I really liked the movie, but I just remembered I need to buy dinner. Can I have my $12 back?"

Frankly I'm surprised people treated you as nicely as they did.

• TwoThreeFourTwoThreeFour Member UncommonPosts: 2,155
    Originally posted by Distaste
    Originally posted by Timzilla

Originally posted by AwDiddums
    Morally this is wrong, you've played the product, you like the product but you want your money back because you really couldn't afford the product in the first place.

However when someone has a genuine problem then yes they should get their money back, it's their consumer right, but using an excuse just isn't right, do ppl think these companies survive on goodwill alone?

If you want to inject morality into a simple marketplace transaction, let's put it on the venders shoulders. If they can't deliver a product that engages a consumer for 30 days, then how in good conscious could they expect to keep his money. Return for full refund for any reason should be stamped proudly on any upstanding venders packaging.

Ummm where did you see that GW2 was supposed to entertain you for 30 days? Did ArenaNet ever make that claim? They are under no moral obligation to provide 30 days of entertainment. Do you expect 30 days of non-stop entertainment from a single player game? No.

Take a look at the actual value of  GW2's entertainment though. Say a movie is 2 hours long and $8 a ticket. My fastest level 80 was 70 hours. That means the actual value of GW2 is $280. Even at half that you cannot find a better entertainment value.

So yeah, screw ArenaNet for providing $280 worth of entertainment for only $60....RIGHT? How do they sleep at night?!

That assumes that the entertainment is equally worth given the same pricetag per hour, but that is not true. For some, playing GW2 is more fun than watching a movie, for other people it is equal, for yet another group of people it is less fun.

• kd5ywakd5ywa Member UncommonPosts: 29

I don't understand, if a company allows a refund up to x amount of days, why bitch that a guy is going to take advantage of that? It doesn't matter what reason/excuse he has. It's the company's policy. Bitch to the company for allowing people to return digital copies....although I don't see why you would.

GW2 is the most thin-skinned community I've ever seen.