Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dont come back yet: Cross Realm Zones (CRZ)

Comments

• PurutzilPurutzil Member UncommonPosts: 3,048

Don't worry, I have no plans to ever return this game unless they do some drastic reversal, and even then it wouldn't be likely unless they did something to top rift for me.

Over-all Its a negative change to me. Yes yes, It does make it have more people around, but typically your not going to be interacting much with those people. PvP wise this promotes ganking much better making the experience much harsher for those on low pop with less people to rally for help. Once MoP releases, while I highly doubt it will have the overwhelming drones of the old expansions, its still going to have a lot of people playing so if Cross Realm Zones ARE used there, its going to make things laggy and make it extremely difficult to do any quests at all with mobs being killed before players have a chance to do anything about them.

• WicoaWicoa Member UncommonPosts: 1,637
    Originally posted by Nemorak
    Originally posted by Wicoa

"Anytime Soon"

That is different from it won't happen and the same as It is planned but not yet and probably will be in place a couple of months after pandaria. The evidence shows that it is up and running in the current end game zones and so it will be in pandaria.  They just want the current players through before they open the flood gates.

Doesn't change the fact your spreading false information, based on something that has yet to happend. And your making assumptions about what the devs want without having any factual info.

The facts are there for me because the system is in place for the current endgame zones, live now.  That is enough evidence for me and that he hasn't denied  it will come, he has just said "not anytime soon".

You cannot claim this as fact for your argument that it will happen and neither can I for mine, what I can claim is that it is currently operating at the top level and he has said and I repeat "not anytime soon" (for pandaria).  Which is totally and utterly different from "it won't be coming".

So you decided to come to a 3rd party site and complain about something happening in an endgame that wont matter in 24 hours ? to tell people that it will affect MoP dailies while it wont, and to complain about a scenario in MoP thats yet to happend and might never happend?

Makes sense.

If you feel like that then why bother contributing to this, instead of ignoring me and this thread. You are giving me an excuse to pump more posts on my thread.

Originally posted by Aori

"Anytime Soon"

That is different from it won't happen and the same as It is planned but not yet and probably will be in place a couple of months after pandaria. The evidence shows that it is up and running in the current end game zones and so it will be in pandaria.  They just want the current players through before they open the flood gates.

Doesn't change the fact your spreading false information, based on something that has yet to happend. And your making assumptions about what the devs want without having any factual info.

The facts are there for me because the system is in place for the current endgame zones, live now.  That is enough evidence for me and that he hasn't denied  it will come, he has just said "not anytime soon".

You cannot claim this as fact for your argument that it will happen and neither can I for mine, what I can claim is that it is currently operating at the top level and he has said and I repeat "not anytime soon" (for pandaria).  Which is totally and utterly different from "it won't be coming".

So you're bashing a system on the basis it may happen eventually.. ok. How about you wait until it does happen then come give your opinion on it.

Either way, the game is going back to how it was.. fighting over nodes, quests and npc's. Sure some people don't like it but guess what I LIKE THE SOCIAL ASPECT OF MMO's.

No my OP statement was not about an imaginary happening, it was about CRZ the way it is. I merely commented later on about the continuation of this as I see it on the forums and come here to my thread to write my point of view.

You can make your own thread you know instead of nitpicking.

Originally posted by Purutzil

Don't worry, I have no plans to ever return this game unless they do some drastic reversal, and even then it wouldn't be likely unless they did something to top rift for me.

Over-all Its a negative change to me. Yes yes, It does make it have more people around, but typically your not going to be interacting much with those people. PvP wise this promotes ganking much better making the experience much harsher for those on low pop with less people to rally for help. Once MoP releases, while I highly doubt it will have the overwhelming drones of the old expansions, its still going to have a lot of people playing so if Cross Realm Zones ARE used there, its going to make things laggy and make it extremely difficult to do any quests at all with mobs being killed before players have a chance to do anything about them.

Thanks for dopping by :).

• solarinesolarine Member Posts: 1,203
    Originally posted by lizardbones

People on pve realms are now being flagged for pvp.

The pictures below is what MOP dailies will be like soon.  The second picture is where the current main daily quest area is.

Someone else wrote this:

http://i46.tinypic.com/34xnzhl.jpghttp://i46.tinypic.com/2gtyw3o.jpg(i lagged out shortly after taking these pictures)This aint even world pvp, this just ruins the game.If you don't have state of the art internet your doomed for life.Beeing unable to do dailies without a 40-man raid makes no sense to me.Or beeing a level 58 getting ganked for 2 hours before reaching Thrallmar.*thumbs up*                              

How are the players being flagged for PvP?

They arent he's just exaggerating, first off CRZ only matches the same servertype, im on a PvE server, and we are only matched with other PvE servers.

2nd of all CRZ is not used in Pandaria, so the whole scare scenario with Pandaria dailies is not valid.

Yes it is go read up on it, it is planned for release for pandaria after the expansion launches.  CRZ is being rolled out into everything.  Take a look up at the picture of the current expansion in the current capped level dailies area.

Also I am not exaggerating pvp flagging of pve players is happening and is true. Possibly due to a buggy system but I am not lying.

Interesting. I guess it's a bug where something under the hood erronously counts as a PVP-flagging spell or something.

About playing on PVE servers, I did play one character on one of them, and it was actually more stressful to me, having to always check and see whether I was flagged or not. At least on PVP servers I know I'm always flagged (I'm sort of this busybody that's always buffing random people so I end up flagged a lot, haha).

And about that... I miss the thrill of a full-blown PVP server teeming with gankers. No, seriously! Random open world PVP encounters happen to be among my most memorable MMO moments. I have "fond" memories of trying to get to Booty Bay on a level 30 character and because of an infestation of gankers it taking something like 3 hours - and some really good come-back encounters. Call me a masochist, I guess. :) 

I have no interest in MoP whatsoever, but I have to admit this intrigues me somewhat.

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798
    Originally posted by Aori
    Originally posted by Purutzil

Once MoP releases, while I highly doubt it will have the overwhelming drones of the old expansions, its still going to have a lot of people playing so if Cross Realm Zones ARE used there, its going to make things laggy and make it extremely difficult to do any quests at all with mobs being killed before players have a chance to do anything about them.

There is a cap on zones and in new zones CRZ isn't active so it won't have any affect on the expansion rush.

to elaborate,

CRZ will work in reverse and spawn multiple instances (similar to EQ2 spawning multizones)

Q. What about zones that are already overpopulated, like new race starting zones?
    With this technology, we can also flag zones to allow for more than one copy of that zone per realm. Players on that realm will be split among those copies in order to alleviate problems due to overpopulation. Players won’t normally see or interact with those on a different instance of their zone, although joining a party will relocate all party members to a single instance of that zone.

ironically, theres been past debates regarding multi zone copies in EQ2

Ive seen WOW players argue this takes away from a mmo being persistent if a mmo is spawning multiple instances

• MichielMichiel Member UncommonPosts: 235

I went to STV just to check out your statement. See how bad it is according to you. STV was known in Vanilla for 24/7 ganking. There wasn't a single person there except for 2 85's ganking the Horde zeppelin camp. So it doesn't really hold up.

I know that in MoP there will be a high influx of players and there will be all out war in STV. And to be honest I welcome the good and the bad because as it is now there is no fun to be had at all.

• Odinthedark1Odinthedark1 Member Posts: 330
    Welcome to OWpvp...they wanted low level realms to feel similar to that of high pop realms...obviously theres gonna be a shortage of nodes for prof's and lots of griefing/ganking....but that just makes it all the better imo...if you dont have your big boy pants yet dont play on a pvp realm, you will never get fair pvp on any game with OWpvp, you just need to toughen up and try to escape, or switch characters. you could even go to trade chat...despite the many trolls there ARE people that like to pvp who are willing to help...as for profs its best to take a different approach i found....plvl a char to either 70 or 85 get artisan flying then use that character as your farmer and make your lower levels the crafters.
  • JetrpgJetrpg Member UncommonPosts: 2,347
    I haver a better solution, remove character limits and allow people to roll some alts, seeing as i have 8 max level toons and would level more but just cannot. (i gotz bank toon and one alt that i don't wanna play nor delete).

"Society in every state is a blessing, but government even in its best state is but a necessary evil; in its worst state an intolerable one ..." - Thomas Paine

• arctarusarctarus Member UncommonPosts: 2,581

People that play mmo, yet fear of too many people around... ah..... the ironic.....

RIP Orc Choppa

• LachyFTWLachyFTW Member UncommonPosts: 181
    I hope they remove CRZ or at least fix it a little bit and offer some free transfers for a short while, that would stop the masses from complaining. From what I have noticed the majority are not happy with CRZ at all.
    Originally posted by arctarus

People that play mmo, yet fear of too many people around... ah..... the ironic.....

I know, i still group up with random strangers and make friends rather than leveling alone or pvp'ing alone...ill never understand why people try to play mmo's like a singleplayer even if it is easy =/

• arctarusarctarus Member UncommonPosts: 2,581
    Originally posted by LachyFTW
    I hope they remove CRZ or at least fix it a little bit and offer some free transfers for a short while, that would stop the masses from complaining. From what I have noticed the majority are not happy with CRZ at all.

The majority of the single player mindset got to be change. They are playing a mmo, a massive multi-players online game, nit a solo game.

They want solo they better go to swtor

To me , the more players the merrier, thats the reason i play mmo, if it lag, let it be...

RIP Orc Choppa

• LachyFTWLachyFTW Member UncommonPosts: 181
    I see your point and I have no problem with having more people to play with but the people you get from CRZ are useless to you and your realm because. You can't recruit them into your guild and they take the nodes and post the mats on their server's AH not yours.
    I see your point and I have no problem with having more people to play with but the people you get from CRZ are useless to you and your realm because. You can't recruit them into your guild and they take the nodes and post the mats on their server's AH not yours.

Couldnt the same be said for their realm, the realms are mixed so when you think you are mining on YOUR realm you're actually taking nodes from them as well, since both realms are combined, correct me if im wrong but its just an educated guess as to how CRZ really works.

• NorseGodNorseGod Member EpicPosts: 2,654
    Wait, does CRZ bring open world pvp to pve servers? I don't understand the tears, someone tell me what's going on.
    To talk about games without the censorship, check out https://www.reddit.com/r/MMORPG/

Exactly thank you.

• SonofSethSonofSeth Member UncommonPosts: 1,884

Thank you Blizzard for an awesome feature, one of the best in the history of this game.

I am enjoying leveling again, and that's saying something for an update that changed absolutely nothing about gameplay, just populated areas with actual people, as it should be.

Just want to say that I experienced none of the mentioned bugs, or lag, or false PVP flagging. I have characters both on PVP and PVE realms.

• KeyloggerKeylogger Member Posts: 250

Instead of being cheap and attempting to scale up BG crossrealm/Instance server tech they could've just merged the low population realms into one large one.

TLDR:

Blizzavision makes a bad decision based upon greed.

More news at eleven.

• LoLifeLoLife Member CommonPosts: 174

My 2 cents is since Blizzard added CRZ so close to MoP's launch I'm sure CRZ could of waited, you don't need to be a fanboy to know that there's is going to be a resurgence of players returning for MoP and I feel they should of taken a "wait & see" appoach and towards the end of the tax year, crunch the numbers then make a decision to add CRZ or not.

As for why not merge servers? I can see why Blizzard went for the CRZ to fix over merging servers for two reasons I can think of:

1. When MoP launches Blizzard had no idea how many unsub player will re-sub and I'm pretty sure the last thing they want is a large number of re-subbed players spending six years in their new merged server queue and rage posting about queue times and "my server had a prestigious history now RIP"  all over there forums.

2. Merging servers for what ever reason can generates negative gossip & media.

• JenosydeJenosyde Member UncommonPosts: 100
    O no!! There's other players in my zone!! Point of this thread?
  • NitthNitth Member UncommonPosts: 3,904

Originally posted by Ramonski7
    it's like players don't remember the rush of 24 hour open world PvP we had back then with TM vs. SS.

That's because most players wernt around pre 1.5 to appreciate open world pvp at its finest.

TSW - AoC - Aion - WOW - EVE - Fallen Earth - Co - Rift - || XNA C# Java Development

• JenosydeJenosyde Member UncommonPosts: 100
    There next bg should be tarren mill and southshore since we will clearly never see that again
  • Xstatic912Xstatic912 Member Posts: 365

I personally love the thing.. Here's why

WoW have far too long have there outdoor area feeling empty and not alive... and as such most of the person playing have grown to love such feeling {a vast land for me to explore uninterrupted, with the sense of no one to bother you..)  That goes against what mmo feel blizzard was aiming for when they made WoW.. This tech wasn't needed back then as the WoW engine couldn't handle it and there was no need for it because most person where out in the world etc etc..

Fast forward to present day.. What has the majority of wow population come to do? They all hit max level then just sit in captial cities looking for group etc, with only a few going out to do dailies.. 

CRZ was implemented to give the outside unpopulated zone that feeling of being alive again, it wasn't implemented in hoping person would form group and quest together (they can do that if there choose to)..  If a zone is populated on which ever server you play CRZ doesn't affect that zone to that simple...  

Now for persons moving to low popluation servers with the hope of better farming and a better chance to get rares etc, CRZ will affect that but try to remember its an mmo and as such you should expect competition on any level weather its picking nodes or plants..

On my Pvp server (SpineBreaker) im very glad to see WOrld pvp rising again.. Nagrand where 85's have no point being was hectic this past week, Person leveling and all got dragged into it..

Yes the system isn't perfect, but its doing what it was meant to for the most part.. letting the world seem alive.. Im sure Blizzard saw all this before releasing it but they have stated they intended on the horde and alliance war to heat up and CRZ is a way to get person angry at the other faction (and at blizzard no less)..  

CRZ won't cause major drop in sub but a few will leave and bliizard was willing to risk that to let there vision and tech get a chance... Heck, on my server they were pissed at first but once most on the server started saying your on a PVP server, tought it out or ask for help, then most seem to be coming out of there soft comfort zone they have been stuck in since BG & LFD was implemented...

PS.. To ease the node and plant picking, blizzard has increased the spawn rate of these nodes/plants...

• NemajnebNemajneb Member Posts: 12

They have implemented a technology that allows 5 servers or more to share 1 zone.  So when you exit your city and enter the starter zone instead of being able to duel properly or gather at the main town with friends.  You will be placed in a zone with 5 other servers.

At the least trying to gather is very difficult low levels levelling their professions have no chance against the 85s of all the other servers.  At the most pvp gankers have ganged up together from different realms and are exploiting every weakness they can, right now you will not be able to level on a pvp server, you can forget it.  Griefers are causing mayhem.  There is also lag and the world is not seamless.

This has hurt low pop realms even more as they cant even produce things for their AH everything goes back to single server structure, including guilds.  So you can meet someone and make a friend and then never see them again.

I am against it, I think its a terrible feature. I advise anyone who wants to start  the game from scratch to stay away for a while with MOP about to launch the problems are going to be compounded.

I would like to add if this feature was in a group levelling game like city of heroes then it could possibly work well.  In a single player self sufficient levelling mmorpg it sucks balls.

This is going to make levelling a monk or your new panda class  the normal way a little tricky to say the least and gives those who have bought a 2nd account to grant levels an even better advantage which I find disgusting.

The forums have exploded in the US and EU regarding this. I am not hyperboling and I am not a special snowflake many people are upset, I want to carry on playing my game and hope they put in a feature to switch it off.

This post about this subject is on the MMORPG.com MOP forums http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/792/view/forums/thread/355733/CrossRealm-zones-Another-Blizzard-fail.html

My post is about warning folks, if I wanted to come back right now and I wasn't already subscribed I myself would like to be warned.

Instead of a "world" feeling you are forced into what seems like a bad asian f2p game that is instanced and you have no choice of your "world" server.  But you pay a subscription.

I don't understand this, don't join a pvp server?