Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Guild Wars 2 soon gets tedious and boring

Comments

• DragonantisDragonantis Member UncommonPosts: 974

Dont agree with anything the OP said, and everything he said was his own personal opinion.

Pictures speak louder than words about all these posts.

• RefMinorRefMinor Member UncommonPosts: 3,452

OP doesn't like GW2

Therefore he

-hasn't played

-is too stupid to play it properly

-MMO's are not for him

-should go back to WoW

The GW2 rapid response squad didn't disband when the game released then.

• obocoboc Member UncommonPosts: 189

Gw2 is insane fun. I have a 80, and three more 80's in the works. I will max every craft , 100% maps. Then I'll move onto  WvWvW, then pvp. Looks like I have at least a year of good times ahead of me. Oh and that don't count the awesome events Anet does. 

I miss my SWTOR, but GW2 is just that dam good ! 

• eAzydamaneAzydaman Member Posts: 218
    Originally posted by RefMinor

OP doesn't like GW2

Therefore he

-hasn't played

-MMO's are not for him

-should go back to WoW

I think most of the fanboi respones are legit. Anet delivered on everything promised before release. I knew what to expect when I bought the game. Really don't understand the complaints at all, we KNEW there were no long term pve goals.

• AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928
    Originally posted by eAzydaman

OP doesn't like GW2

Therefore he

-hasn't played

-MMO's are not for him

-should go back to WoW

I think most of the fanboi respones are legit. Anet delivered on everything promised before release. I knew what to expect when I bought the game. Really don't understand the complaints at all, we KNEW there were no long term pve goals.

how is there not? legendary's take a LONG time to get how is that not a long term goal? dungeon sets take a long time to get how is that not a long term goal? Doing 100% of the map is going to take me a very long time how is that not a long term goal.. Finding and completeing all the jumping puzzles another long term goal. Get multiple tadeskills to max another long term PVE goal.. Not sure what long term PVE goals GW2 is missing.. has more than most MMOs imho

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    Originally posted by Aerowyn

OP doesn't like GW2

Therefore he

-hasn't played

-MMO's are not for him

-should go back to WoW

how is there not? legendary's take a LONG time to get how is that not a long term goal? dungeon sets take a long time to get how is that not a long term goal? Doing 100% of the map is going to take me a very long time how is that not a long term goal.. Finding and completeling all the jumping puzzles another long term goal. Get multiple tadeskills to max another long term PVE goal.. Not sure what long term PVE goals GW2 is missing.. has more than most MMOs imho

Aero it's becoming more obvious to some people, that however eloquently put, you definition of certain aspects of gamimg, gw2 in particular are, let's say different.

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928
    Originally posted by bcbully
    Originally posted by Aerowyn

OP doesn't like GW2

Therefore he

-hasn't played

-MMO's are not for him

-should go back to WoW

how is there not? legendary's take a LONG time to get how is that not a long term goal? dungeon sets take a long time to get how is that not a long term goal? Doing 100% of the map is going to take me a very long time how is that not a long term goal.. Finding and completeling all the jumping puzzles another long term goal. Get multiple tadeskills to max another long term PVE goal.. Not sure what long term PVE goals GW2 is missing.. has more than most MMOs imho

Aero it's becoming more obvious to some people, that however eloquently put, you definition of certain aspects of gamimg, gw2 in particular are, let's say different.

what is considered a long term goal in TSW getting 100% skill wheel? grinding out dungeons? whats the long term goal in PVE for any other themepark? grinding out raids for better gear? doing dailys every day? Point is long term PVE goals are what you make of them and varies from person to person but to say GW2 doesn't have them or even more than many MMOs doesn't make sense. Just because it's nothing you personally strive for doesn't change the fact there is plenty of things to strive for and achieve.

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• KareliaKarelia Member Posts: 668
    agree 100% with OP. the game is at least boring and flat
  • Vunak23Vunak23 Member UncommonPosts: 633
    Originally posted by SaunZ

i never dreamed i would be attacked for getting advise.

SZ

Its just how zealous the GW2 fanbois/girls are, anything negative against the game and they come out in droves. The games community is pretty bad. Even one of my guild mates who friggin loves anything GW's says the community in this game blows hard. When I say he loves GW's... It would be an understatement. 

GW2 is a good imbetween game. But its not a good staying MMO, is the reason it gets so many negative posts about it. It has WvW, but its more like an FPS arena to jump into every now and again then actual server progression/player progression since the servers are always swapping (aka no point). 

the Instanced PvP is just that, instanced PvP nothing special here, even though a lot of them will try and make you believe its great and different. 

As for the PvE, its good/decent the first time through, but once  you complete it...its done. There are people that like to do it all over on alts like me, but even I found the "Dynamic" events way to repetitive when I was betaing it. Which caused me not to buy. 

But the game does has some nice things to it, like the jump puzzles and the city design is amazing, and like I said the first time through on the "Dynamic" (yes I am quoting for a reason...) Events can be fun. But if your a PvPer...this game is not for you, or looking for an MMO to last. 

"In the immediate future, we have this one, and then we’ve got another one that is actually going to be – so we’re going to have, what we want to do, is in January, what we’re targeting to do, this may or may not happen, so you can’t hold me to it. But what we’re targeting to do, is have a fun anniversary to the Ilum shenanigans that happened. An alien race might invade, and they might crash into Ilum and there might be some new activities that happen on the planet." ~Gabe Amatangelo

• hikaru77hikaru77 Member UncommonPosts: 1,123
    Originally posted by Vunak23

SZ

Its just how zealous the GW2 fanbois/girls are, anything negative against the game and they come out in droves. The games community is pretty bad. Even one of my guild mates who friggin loves anything GW's says the community in this game blows hard. When I say he loves GW's... It would be an understatement. 

GW2 is a good imbetween game. But its not a good staying MMO, is the reason it gets so many negative posts about it. It has WvW, but its more like an FPS arena to jump into every now and again then actual server progression/player progression since the servers are always swapping (aka no point). 

the Instanced PvP is just that, instanced PvP nothing special here, even though a lot of them will try and make you believe its great and different. 

As for the PvE, its good/decent the first time through, but once  you complete it...its done. There are people that like to do it all over on alts like me, but even I found the "Dynamic" events way to repetitive when I was betaing it. Which caused me not to buy. 

But the game does has some nice things to it, like the jump puzzles and the city design is amazing, and like I said the first time through on the "Dynamic" (yes I am quoting for a reason...) Events can be fun. But if your a PvPer...this game is not for you, or looking for an MMO to last. 

Population is dropin fast, last week i was in a guild with almost 300 players online at primetime, now Is 80. The game is good, but is pretty much a 2nd game. People was talking about gw2 like if it was the best MMO of the history, but is not even the best MMO of the year.

• alf2oooalf2ooo Member UncommonPosts: 139
    rabble rabble rabble
  • Vunak23Vunak23 Member UncommonPosts: 633
    Originally posted by hikaru77

SZ

Population is dropin fast, last week i was in a guild with almost 300 players online at primetime, now Is 80. The game is good, but is pretty much a 2nd game. People was talking about gw2 like if it was the best MMO of the history, but is not even the best MMO of the year.

I figured it would lose a good chunk of players. It doesn't have the staying power GW1 had with there competetive PvP structure. While I wouldn't agree that any MMO can be judged as best MMO of the year, most successful is another story. Since best MMO is strictly an opinion, while most successful is hard numbers and can be proven as fact. 

Like for me, my best MMO of the year would be when I betaed ArcheAge, even in its beta and even with it being completely in Korean it has blown every other MMO in the past 10 or so years out of the water...IMO. 

As for the most successful new MMO release, I would guess GW2 is that. Most successful launch they aren't MoP is killing them in sales right now and will continue to. So theres that. 

"In the immediate future, we have this one, and then we’ve got another one that is actually going to be – so we’re going to have, what we want to do, is in January, what we’re targeting to do, this may or may not happen, so you can’t hold me to it. But what we’re targeting to do, is have a fun anniversary to the Ilum shenanigans that happened. An alien race might invade, and they might crash into Ilum and there might be some new activities that happen on the planet." ~Gabe Amatangelo

• hikaru77hikaru77 Member UncommonPosts: 1,123
    Originally posted by hikaru77

SZ

I figured it would lose a good chunk of players. It doesn't have the staying power GW1 had with there competetive PvP structure. While I wouldn't agree that any MMO can be judged as best MMO of the year, most successful is another story. Since best MMO is strictly an opinion, while most successful is hard numbers and can be proven as fact. 

Like for me, my best MMO of the year would be when I betaed ArcheAge, even in its beta and even with it being completely in Korean it has blown every other MMO in the past 10 or so years out of the water...IMO. 

As for the most successful new MMO release, I would guess GW2 is that. Most successful launch they aren't MoP is killing them in sales right now and will continue to. So theres that. 

B2P and F2P are two differents markets, lots of people just dont buy games if it have a subscripcion. Gw2  successful should be compared with B2P games and not P2P, like D3, ME3 or even BF3. You cant make comparisions between the sales of a B2P MMO and a P2P. I mean if gw2 was a P2P MMO, it would be under the 1 mill of sales, or even less. 

• WangstrongWangstrong Member Posts: 1

I also found the game incredibly boring after a couple of weeks. Not bad, not broken, nothing like that -- just not very entertaining. I see a potentially great game under the surface, but nothing about it keeps me interested. There are no goals, nothing to work towards, no long-term appeal. When I log in, what am I really meant to do? Getting the best gear in the game took five days. PvP is alright, but it honestly isn't great -- certainly doesn't equal the PvP you get in games made exclusively for that purpose, like MOBAs and RTS or FPS games. The PvP is no better or worse than that of any other MMORPG, but GW2 completely lacks the whole character-building and progression part. As for the PvE, not much needs to be said of that -- it has some dungeons and that's literally it. The personal quest, besides being finite and leading ultimately to nothing, was incredibly bad gameplay and very, very poorly written. Leveling was alright but obviously a temporary thing. With GW2, I feel that if I don't specifically enjoy going around sight-seeing for no real reason, there's nothing to play for. It completely lacks the hooks that usually draw me into a game. It got so incredibly boring that I never find myself tempted to log in anymore. For a game that really offers very little besides two completely repetitive and goal-less PvP formats, that aspect of the game just isn't of high enough quality to pull the whole product's weight. PvE is certainly not something I can do just for the sake of doing it.

A game can be really bad and leave me cursing the purchase when I quit after a week. This is not such a game. I see a lot of great things about GW2 -- I really like the way they've done the classes, the actual quest system, the atmosphere and so on. I don't hate the game at all. I just simply cannot see a reason to keep playing. There are no goals that take more than a couple of weeks to accomplish unless I'm satisfied exclusively with PvP, and if that were the case, I'd play League of Legends or Starcraft or something where the PvP is actually amazing because it's the entire premise of the game. In GW2, it's merely okay and the rest of the game leaves me with no incentive to continue. I took a break for a few weeks and just tried again today, and the moment I logged in, I sat there thinking "now what? What should I do? *Why* should I do it?" I have no tangible reason for doing anything in the game. Interesting class mechanics and a polished crafting system does not keep me playing for very long. It has pretty much the same PvP as any other MMORPG but almost no PvE appeal.

• AshenTechAshenTech Member Posts: 30

SZ

honestly, it must be your server if the in game community sucks, ih ave been on 3 servers since pre-launch and they have all been full of friendly helpful people, with a very rare asshat thrown in to the mix.

the pvp is still a WIP(work in progress) they have said as much....part of the issue with WvWvW is that they are using umbra occlusion culling and they have a value set to how many players you can see at once, (its like 30 at the moment) Umbra is running on cpu because their GPU emplimentation isnt working properly on any modern cards, it degrades fps for most people, umbra blame amd/nvidia/intel and say its a driver bug......my question is....if its a driver bug, why is it effectingeverybody.....i really think its something umbra need to fix on their end.....

I agree the games not perfect, but, most of the QQing i see is people who clame to not want WoW but really do want WoW but in a b2p form, and they are upset they didnt get it....

they want the carrot on the stick approch, they need it, they want/need a classic quest system to tell them what to do and where to go step by step zone by zone......they need the "gear progression" that they spend months grinding "end game" instances for, because, without it....they dont feel like they are accomplishing anything.

and honestly thats fine, but why come to GW2 forums and crap on the game and bitch about how they think its horrible?

I have yet to runinto a person in game who attacked me complaining about a bug or flaw in /m, for the most part people agree the game needs work still.....but they also agree the games in a better state for its age then games like WoW where at the same age....

if you dont like the game thats fine, go play something else, you dont need to come on a gw2 forum(or multi gw2 forums as some haters have done lately) and badmouth the game, just play something else....if you really really hate it, ask for a refund or sell the account to somebody who will enjoy it(or give it to somebody who would enjoy it more then you do) 

the reason these QQers and haters get so much crap from people on forums is that they are effectivly asking for it.....I dont go on WoW related forums and bitch about how much WoW sucks.......I dont go on diablo3 related forums and bitch about how much it sucks.......i could list dozens/hundreds of f2p games I felt sucked, never once did i join a forum to complain about them.....i didnt like them, even games I bought, so i either got a refund, sold my copy to somebody or gave it away....or in a few cases put it on a shelf and waited for patches........

they just need to add a section for these QQ'ers and haters to post their vitral where its not in the face of people who enjoy the game.....

oh yeah, and I dont go on clans/guilds forums and complain their guild/clan sucks......(have seen that alot to) 

• Alber_gamerAlber_gamer Member UncommonPosts: 588
    Originally posted by TCTC

"Guild Wars 2 soon gets tedious and boring.....in my opinion"

Thats what your title should have said because thats all it is.

And your post should be "That's what your title should have said because thats all it is... in my opinion". ;)

My opinion is my own. I respect all other opinions and views equally, but keep in mind that my opinion will always be the best for me. That's why it's my opinion.

• aligada87aligada87 Member UncommonPosts: 234
    Originally posted by RogueTroopa

I've tried to like this game. Personally the only reason it will succeed is because there's no sub. If there was it would soon end up like SWTOR, Tera and Rift.

The combat system isn't good. Too dam fiddly having to constantly use the right mouse button to turn yourself around. It breaks combat. Just plain annoying. Even the combat for each class gets tedious after awhile. For example firing a rifle being blown backwards is a good novelty but after a dozen or so times its irritating.

Dynamic Events get more and more repetitive.  Am sick to death of escorting quests. Really do we have to escort people at least ten times in every zone? Its designed as a clever timesink to make you feel you progress at a slow pace. Even if its nott escort, its kill a thousand centaurs, bandits, worms. YAWN AND MORE YAWN.

Personal Story- Even more tiresome quests which involved escorting or saving someone. More bandits and centaurs. Great. 

Gear- Can buy stuff with karma or pick up off the odd random mob. Most of the karma vendors don't have much and the majority of loot you pick is crafting stuff. Yawn another timesink.

The World- Didn't get a feeling of OMG this is epic.  Where's the decent music scores in this game? Cities are instanced nuff said.

Replayability value- the thought of getting to even level 30, then re-rolling and going through the dynamic event system again makes me feel nauseous. zerg fests of button mashing in every zone is not my idea of fun.

sounds to me that you're just tired of themepark mmos. 

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    Originally posted by Swanea
    I agree.  My guild agreed before me.  Most of my friends lasted a few months longer in TOR than this....;

One of my life long friend who I told "It's going to be the pvp party of the year." bought it, and I BS you not, I don't think he played 3 days. We played everything together since kids. Not this time though.

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • AmjocoAmjoco Member UncommonPosts: 4,860
    I agree.  My guild agreed before me.  Most of my friends lasted a few months longer in TOR than this....;

One of my life long friend who I told "It's going to be the pvp party of the year." bought it, and I BS you not, I don't think he played 3 days. We played everything together since kids. Not this time though.

Well some folks don't like some games and others do. It has been said many times before, but the thousands playing right now will not miss any of those that don't want to play anymore! 

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.

• VikingGamerVikingGamer Member UncommonPosts: 1,350
    Originally posted by Amjoco

Well some folks don't like some games and others do. It has been said many times before, but the thousands playing right now will not miss any of those that don't want to play anymore! 

Except that in an MMO, players are content.

I hope they can find a way to merge low and mid level zones together otherwise DEs, even the ones that work, are going to suck.

All die, so die well.

Originally posted by VikingGamer

Except that in an MMO, players are content.

I hope they can find a way to merge low and mid level zones together otherwise DEs, even the ones that work, are going to suck.

Sorry, I am being sincere, but I didn't understand that.  Why would you merge zones?

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196

And the thousands that are not playing anymore will not miss any of the ones still playing. Too many other mmos out there that are just better and with more to come.

• SidadSidad Member UncommonPosts: 50

All my friends quit too. :(

And I just log out. Too boring too tedious. Too bad pvp was limited only to www or spvp. That was turn off for many ppl imo.

Originally posted by Mannish

And the thousands that are not playing anymore will not miss any of the ones still playing. Too many other mmos out there that are just better and with more to come.

Well you would have one up on me but I'm playing and they are waiting! :) I'm playing three mmorpgs and have no problem commenting positivley about any of them. On the other hand others can't even play one without continually bashing the ones they don't like.

• AshenTechAshenTech Member Posts: 30
    Originally posted by Mannish

the problem with gw2 is, that the players who arent playing anymore or claim they arent, come to the forums to insult those who like the game, or to BnM about the game not suiting their play styles....

this is the first game where I see this many people across this many forums QQing that the games not exectally what they want or expected....even WoW had less of this early on....tho they also had alot of BnM over ques and server stability and other bugs....

honestly if you dont like the game and want to quit, good for you, quit and play something else, just dont come tell people who like the game they are wrong for liking it.....