Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Battlestar Galactica Online: New Features Added in Latest Update

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Battlestar Galactica Online developers have announced the addition of several new content features arriving with the latest patch. New features include advanced flight controls, a new Battlespace Sector and a public test server for players to get advanced looks at forthcoming content.

A new Battlespace Sector has been created for beginner level players (Level 9 and below) to experience intense space combat and accustom themselves to the instanced PvP world. Players who are eligible will be able to join this sector at anytime by clicking the “Take me to Battlespace” button on the HUD, and will be transported to the Battlespace from anywhere in the galaxy.

Find out more about Battlestar Galactica Online.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• drtack1drtack1 Member UncommonPosts: 273

does any one still play this game? I played it for about 3 weeks.....up until I realized that you actually had to buy the bigger space ships with real money.....

• ThumbtackJThumbtackJ Member UncommonPosts: 669
    Originally posted by drtack1

does any one still play this game? I played it for about 3 weeks.....up until I realized that you actually had to buy the bigger space ships with real money.....

I tried to force myself to get into, being a big BSG (and anything sci-fi) fan. But, like you said, it suffers from a Pay to Win system, and I just found myself growing bored quick. This was a good while ago, so I'm not sure if it's changed much.

• FadedbombFadedbomb Member Posts: 2,081
    You forgot the horrible browserbased combat system they have. Worst i've ever seen in my entire life.

The Theory of Conservative Conservation of Ignorant Stupidity:
    Having a different opinion must mean you're a troll.

• kyssarikyssari Member Posts: 142

actually its really not p2win at all it just takes a bit longer farming water or npcs for cubits to get stuff if you dont pay real cash. Never paying a dime I've still been able to kill certain people on my server who have been confirmed to have spent well over $1000 on the game. You can't buy skill as we always say. That being said it does take even longer when starting on an older server highly populated with jerks who don't have a second thought about griefing lowbies as well as if you don't have a group of players to fly with.

That being said most people I know have quit simply because so many bugs have gone unaddressed and there really hasn't been any actual new content added in the 2+ years since beta that we've simply gotten sick and tired of waiting for something new and finally given up hope of it ever happening. The company running things has even switched hands completely like 3 times now and really things have only gotten worse. Imbalance only gets worse as it goes unaddressed, which i still think is a marketting scheme personally. Either way the game is simply far to repetitive. All it really has is PVP and when it comes to PVE all it is is shooting rocks or sitting on mines waiting for an enemy mine ganking squad to come kill you, not to mention the drama of people on your own side stealing mines from you. You got a hand full of dailies most of which are PVE you can do but they get old super fast as its the exact same routine every day.

• OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726
    Typical pay-to-win game that some people are in denial over.  Nothing wrong with collecting revenue for a game, but don't try advertising it as f2p, you cannot pvp without paying.
  • DijonCyanideDijonCyanide Member UncommonPosts: 586
    It is a shame that it is "only" PvP.  No level restrictions so a lot of griefing happens.  However, a major PvP battle is fun to watch!  It is fun at the beginning, but after around a teenish level a player begins to notice it is just grind unless into the PvP factor.  If they had a PvE server with limits for the PvP, I would play again, & consider purchasing a bit here & there.  Otherwise, not worth it for this "nugget" or "toaster".  A decent to good game though, but the enjoyment is too short lived.
  • DieselpunkDieselpunk Member Posts: 6
    Originally posted by kyssari

actually its really not p2win at all it just takes a bit longer farming water or npcs for cubits to get stuff if you dont pay real cash. Never paying a dime I've still been able to kill certain people on my server who have been confirmed to have spent well over $1000 on the game.

Wrong. P2W is precisely that. As long as you can pay for a competive edge over other players, THAT is P2W. You can immediately pay to max out your equipment as well as purchase premium ammo. That is the very definition of P2W. You mention skill, lol, there is none in this game. In fleet battles, it's a twisted hairball of boredom as one side inches towards the other, meanwhile, let's not forget that on every server, one faction dominates in population.

Overall, BSGO is a poorly designed game that got many players hopes up as well as fans of BG, only to be let down by the inept abilities of the Devs. With every patch comes with many things broken. Only recently did they finally release a patch that fixed items that were broken by a so-called update that nearly decimated the game.

So, folks, don't waste your time. The game is poorly supported and rarely is any new content added to the game.

• erictlewiserictlewis Member UncommonPosts: 3,022
    Last I saw this is very much play to win, ever time you log in your presented with the buy of the day, to go spend real life money for cubits, ships, ammo and so forth.
  • kyssarikyssari Member Posts: 142

Think what you like all I am saying is from personal experience, i never spent a single dime on the game and i was still able to frequently kill players of higher level with higher level ships than my own, including one who was a very well known "wallet warrior" who was 92 lvls higher than me at one point, thats all I'm saying. I also know of one person on my server who is  publicly known to have spent thousands on her account to acquire multiple line ships fully outfitted with max level gear but she stills gets killed left and right by even low level players cause once again, you can't buy skill. The bigger problem is trying to start on a server thats already overcrowded with hundreds of active level 100+ players. Trying to play catch up on a server like that is ridiculous if you don't get in with a group of em that you can fly with and get help from.

Once again with that being said I was only trying to clarify that the cash shop is really a very minor issue with the game when compared to numerous other issues such as the severe lack of content, bugs, poor customer support, severe imbalance issues, any kind of real updates to add anything new to the game over the last 2 years, and I'll say again bugs cause theres a lot of very major ones that have gone unaddressed for 2 years+ now lol. Either way I really don't support or recommend this game to anyone at all until BP gets their act together which I don't see happening anytime soon based on their track record over the last couple of years :