Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dont come back yet: Cross Realm Zones (CRZ)

Comments

• TheLizardbonesTheLizardbones Member CommonPosts: 10,910

Originally posted by Azrile
    Originally posted by Wicoa Originally posted by Zeppelin4 Its a feature that is waste of resources. First phasing is all over the place now in the 1-60 game. Half the time my wife and I couldn't even see each other as we level because of phasing. Two : The content is so mind numbing easy now what is the point?  Three: Just what wow needs more content that lets players be asses with zero accountability. Blizzard really needs to get their new mmo out or bring back the A Team for Wow has been going down hill since they left. 
    I know of people cancelling all their family accounts and heading for other games.  Once you shake up the server world this much it will never be the same.
    I know of 10 families that joined because of this feature.    You still haven´t explained what was ´shaken´ up so much.  It really only affects very limited things.   People having to pvp on a pvp server?  People having to compete with other people for rare spawns?  Those things were always intended and are not major aspects of gameplay anyway.

But I am sure you know 20 familes that are quitting today becausse of this..... sure...

There are always going to be small groups of people who complain loudly about any change to the system. There are always going to be people who want to play the game in a way that isn't what the majority is doing and isn't what the developers intended. Twinks are a good example of this. So are people who roll characters on very low population PvP servers, so they can have the server to themselves.

You have to keep in mind that with three or four million Western players, even a small group of complainers isn't really that small, they're just a small group compared to the whole player population.

I can not remember winning or losing a single debate on the internet.

• AzrileAzrile Member Posts: 2,582

I was thinking that about the Time Lost Drake.    There was an entire thread of maybe 15 people who were outraged.. all I kept thinking ´is there really that many people who spend hours flying around Storm Peaks?´ .   Really, spending hours, day after day, flying around a zone that has been obsolete for 2 years, looking for a mount that is very similar to 10 other mounts in the game...

Very much the minority..   very vocal.

• NitreNitre Member Posts: 37

lol someone tell us not to come back..but im already here!

the feature is awesome..world pvp is back..if u cant handle it  reroll on pve server.

next time u pick a server THINK what you are getting into.

• GravargGravarg Member UncommonPosts: 3,424

I like the idea.  I think people have just forgotten, or just wasn't there when the game first launched and for a couple of months after, alot of these same problems were around...In the starting areas you couldn't find a craft node to save your life, and on PvP servers ganking was insane...all of which, is what's happening again.

I started a human hunter and around level 8 or 9, I got invited by someone doing the same quest, within an hour we had a full group doing quests together in westfall :)  It brings back the great memories of old :)

• the420kidthe420kid Member UncommonPosts: 440

im slightly indifferent to the new CRZ's  unlike OP I play on pvp server and have not noticed newb gankers joining forces to mess levlers over, in fact I just lvld a new char while waiting for mop without issue.

Im indifferent because I dont really care but I dont really see a positive to this feature for myself perhaps others but there are no more group quests and more people is just more poeple taking my kills dont really find a benefit but isnt a big issue so I dont really care what they do with it

• WicoaWicoa Member UncommonPosts: 1,637

CRZ is coming to Pandaria.  5 Servers of capped players at once trying to do dailies, they are launching it after the release of MOP.

I won't even comment I didnt like this in the first place especially for pve servers.

Originally posted by Nitre

lol someone tell us not to come back..but im already here!

the feature is awesome..world pvp is back..if u cant handle it  reroll on pve server.

next time u pick a server THINK what you are getting into.

If you actually read my posts then you would realise that I am on a pve server... typical really *sigh*

And for the absolute record, "Don't Come Back Yet" is not a command to stay away it is a warning to wait if you wish to read what I have to say.

Don't know why I bother replying  sometimes.

People on pve realms are now being flagged for pvp.

The pictures below is what MOP dailies will be like soon.  The second picture is where the current main daily quest area is.

Someone else wrote this:

http://i46.tinypic.com/34xnzhl.jpg
    http://i46.tinypic.com/2gtyw3o.jpg

(i lagged out shortly after taking these pictures)

This aint even world pvp, this just ruins the game.
    If you don't have state of the art internet your doomed for life.
    Beeing unable to do dailies without a 40-man raid makes no sense to me.
    Or beeing a level 58 getting ganked for 2 hours before reaching Thrallmar.

*thumbs up*

• DragonantisDragonantis Member UncommonPosts: 974

Its like the screams of thousand's of players were suddenly silenced...

Oh the servers lagged and crashed XD

Originally posted by Dragonantis

Its like the screams of thousand's of players were suddenly silenced...

Oh the servers lagged and crashed XD

Bwaha that is actually funny :P but also true

Originally posted by Wicoa
    People on pve realms are now being flagged for pvp.The pictures below is what MOP dailies will be like soon.  The second picture is where the current main daily quest area is.Someone else wrote this:http://i46.tinypic.com/34xnzhl.jpghttp://i46.tinypic.com/2gtyw3o.jpg(i lagged out shortly after taking these pictures)This aint even world pvp, this just ruins the game.If you don't have state of the art internet your doomed for life.Beeing unable to do dailies without a 40-man raid makes no sense to me.Or beeing a level 58 getting ganked for 2 hours before reaching Thrallmar.*thumbs up*                              

How are the players being flagged for PvP?

• MoodsorMoodsor Member UncommonPosts: 712
    Originally posted by lizardbones

The pictures below is what MOP dailies will be like soon.  The second picture is where the current main daily quest area is.

Someone else wrote this:

http://i46.tinypic.com/34xnzhl.jpghttp://i46.tinypic.com/2gtyw3o.jpg(i lagged out shortly after taking these pictures)This aint even world pvp, this just ruins the game.If you don't have state of the art internet your doomed for life.Beeing unable to do dailies without a 40-man raid makes no sense to me.Or beeing a level 58 getting ganked for 2 hours before reaching Thrallmar.*thumbs up*                              

They arent he's just exaggerating, first off CRZ only matches the same servertype, im on a PvE server, and we are only matched with other PvE servers.

2nd of all CRZ is not used in Pandaria, so the whole scare scenario with Pandaria dailies is not valid.

• eldariseldaris Member UncommonPosts: 353

It seems lot of players got used to leveling in an empty world , having all the resources for themselves.Sorry but why play mmos if you want an empty world around you, skyrim has a much better world than any mmos.I played a little yesterday in wotlk areas lving a character and it was great seeing players around in a zone which would have been mostly empty before cross realm zones.Sure it needs some balancing regarding rare spawns and ore/herbs spawn rate,maybe even make auction house shared for the players which share the cross realm zones but in the end any feature making the world full of players again is good.
    I am curious - the players complaining about cross realm zones are the same which complained about the zombie event and made blizz to start doing these awful boring events for cataclysm and mop ?

Originally posted by Nemorak
    Originally posted by lizardbones   Originally posted by Wicoa People on pve realms are now being flagged for pvp.   The pictures below is what MOP dailies will be like soon.  The second picture is where the current main daily quest area is. Someone else wrote this: http://i46.tinypic.com/34xnzhl.jpghttp://i46.tinypic.com/2gtyw3o.jpg(i lagged out shortly after taking these pictures)This aint even world pvp, this just ruins the game.If you don't have state of the art internet your doomed for life.Beeing unable to do dailies without a 40-man raid makes no sense to me.Or beeing a level 58 getting ganked for 2 hours before reaching Thrallmar.*thumbs up*                              
    They arent he's just exaggerating, first off CRZ only matches the same servertype, im on a PvE server, and we are only matched with other PvE servers.

2nd of all CRZ is not used in Pandaria, so the whole scare scenario with Pandaria dailies is not valid.

That's what I was wondering. There are scenarios where you can get flagged for PvP, but most of the exploits have been fixed. Hitting a flagged mob or NPC is just something you're supposed to be aware of when playing on a PvE server. Also, open world PvP around cross faction daily quest hubs isn't anything new either. That's been around since the Isle of Quel Danas (however you spell it).

Seems like the complaints stem a lot more from playing with a bunch of players, not from any actual issues with CRZ. The game is designed with the idea of there being other people around, even if you can do nearly everything alone.

Originally posted by eldaris
    It seems lot of players got used to leveling in an empty world , having all the resources for themselves.Sorry but why play mmos if you want an empty world around you, skyrim has a much better world than any mmos.I played a little yesterday in wotlk areas lving a character and it was great seeing players around in a zone which would have been mostly empty before cross realm zones.Sure it needs some balancing regarding rare spawns and ore/herbs spawn rate,maybe even make auction house shared for the players which share the cross realm zones but in the end any feature making the world full of players again is good.
    I am curious - the players complaining about cross realm zones are the same which complained about the zombie event and made blizz to start doing these awful boring events for cataclysm and mop ?

The events leading up to WotLK were some of the best things about playing WoW. It really got everyone excited about the expansion. Even the PvE world events where you had to stop the expansion of the Lich King's forces were cool. I am suddenly realizing that those events were a precursor to the events in Rift. Huh.

• timeraidertimeraider Member UncommonPosts: 865

At one hand.. awesome, more groupquesting, teamwork and stuff!

At other hand.. yeey people stealing my kills, stealing my miningspots  and making sure i cant do the things i want

Ashes of Creation Referral link - Help me to help you!
    https://ashesofcreation.com/r/Y4U3PQCASUPJ5SED
  • eldariseldaris Member UncommonPosts: 353

The events leading up to WotLK were some of the best things about playing WoW. It really got everyone excited about the expansion. Even the PvE world events where you had to stop the expansion of the Lich King's forces were cool. I am suddenly realizing that those events were a precursor to the events in Rift. Huh.

Yes,I agree that the events before wotlk were the best but then you had lot of players complaining zombies don't allow them to lv ,quest etc which sounds exactly as some of arguments players use against crz .Having to compete for resources ,kills is normal in an open world mmo and I am not sure gw2 solution is the best.Yes,it takes out the possibility of some players to be jerks but also it don't let you see the true colors of a player by the actions of him/her in game since developers took out any possibilities of conflict.

• BootezBootez Member UncommonPosts: 72
    Crz is fine, l2p.
  • NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798
    Originally posted by timeraider

At one hand.. awesome, more groupquesting, teamwork and stuff!

At other hand.. yeey people stealing my kills, stealing my miningspots  and making sure i cant do the things i want

since patch 4.3  (Nov 29 2011)

Blizzard nerfed most group quests to be solo player under 80

http://www.wowwiki.com/Patch_4.3.0

Many Group quests in Outland and Northrend have been re-tuned to allow players to complete them solo. They are no longer labeled as Group quests.

Someone else wrote this:

http://i46.tinypic.com/34xnzhl.jpghttp://i46.tinypic.com/2gtyw3o.jpg(i lagged out shortly after taking these pictures)This aint even world pvp, this just ruins the game.If you don't have state of the art internet your doomed for life.Beeing unable to do dailies without a 40-man raid makes no sense to me.Or beeing a level 58 getting ganked for 2 hours before reaching Thrallmar.*thumbs up*                              

Yes it is go read up on it, it is planned for release for pandaria after the expansion launches.  CRZ is being rolled out into everything.  Take a look up at the picture of the current expansion in the current capped level dailies area.

Also I am not exaggerating pvp flagging of pve players is happening and is true. Possibly due to a buggy system but I am not lying.

Someone else wrote this:

Yes it is go read up on it, it is planned for release for pandaria after the expansion launches.  CRZ is being rolled out into everything.  Take a look up at the picture of the current expansion in the current capped level dailies area.

Also I am not exaggerating pvp flagging of pve players is happening and is true. Possibly due to a buggy system but I am not lying.

"GC Answer: We are not going to enable CRZ for Pandaria zones anytime soon. We will let you invite friends from other realms."

http://twitter.com/Ghostcrawler/status/246387077472739328

"Yes. You will see folks from other realms while questing in Pandaria, but they were all invited not assigned by us through CRZ."

http://twitter.com/Ghostcrawler/status/246687487198646272

"CRZ is to have life in old zones. There will be plenty of folks in MoP zones."

http://twitter.com/Ghostcrawler/status/246691848238804994

Please do your research before putting up scare scenarios on 3rd party websites.

Secondly the only acknowledged PvP flagging "issue" by Blizzard is people stupid enough to attack players that flag themselves, theres not a single acknowledged issue in regards to people being flagged for no reason, theres a very long status post on US forums about this.

"Anytime Soon"

That is different from it won't happen and the same as It is planned but not yet and probably will be in place a couple of months after pandaria. The evidence shows that it is up and running in the current end game zones and so it will be in pandaria.  They just want the current players through before they open the flood gates.

Considering there are tickets open for entire quest zones having gone missing from players http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/5435093743 it is entirely possible that folks are being pvp flagged.

There are so many bugs and quite a bit of lag with this system that its just an terrible situation.

"Anytime Soon"

That is different from it won't happen and the same as It is planned but not yet and probably will be in place a couple of months after pandaria. The evidence shows that it is up and running in the current end game zones and so it will be in pandaria.  They just want the current players through before they open the flood gates.

Doesn't change the fact your spreading false information, based on something that has yet to happend. And your making assumptions about what the devs want without having any factual info.

"Anytime Soon"

Doesn't change the fact your spreading false information, based on something that has yet to happend. And your making assumptions about what the devs want without having any factual info.

The facts are there for me because the system is in place for the current endgame zones, live now.  That is enough evidence for me and that he hasn't denied  it will come, he has just said "not anytime soon".

You cannot claim this as fact for your argument that it will not happen and neither can I for mine, what I can claim is that it is currently operating at the top level and he has said and I repeat "not anytime soon" (for pandaria).  Which is totally and utterly different from "it won't be coming".

"Anytime Soon"

The facts are there for me because the system is in place for the current endgame zones, live now.  That is enough evidence for me and that he hasn't denied  it will come, he has just said "not anytime soon".

You cannot claim this as fact for your argument that it will happen and neither can I for mine, what I can claim is that it is currently operating at the top level and he has said and I repeat "not anytime soon" (for pandaria).  Which is totally and utterly different from "it won't be coming".

So you decided to come to a 3rd party site and complain about something happening in an endgame that wont matter in 24 hours ? to tell people that it will affect MoP dailies while it wont, and to complain about a scenario in MoP thats yet to happend and might never happend?

Makes sense.