Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

It's a Beautiful World

Comments

• AmjocoAmjoco Member UncommonPosts: 4,860
    Originally posted by camia
    Originally posted by kertin
    [mod edit]

Have you literally flamed every GW2 thread you could? Seems that way.

Move along folks, nothing to see here.

I guess he needs to "meh" the hundreds of thousands of folks enjoying and playing it. 

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.

• elockeelocke Member UncommonPosts: 4,335
    Originally posted by Amjoco

I'm loving the world that was created for this game. It is by far the best I have plyed on for exploring!

Guardian is awesome!

Yep, just started heavily into my Guardian today, putting my 80 Mesmer to rest for awhile, and LOVING it.  It's so fun, still not sure which weapons I like best.  I'm leaning toward GS/scepter+torch for PVE and Hammer and something for PVP.  Havne't found a staff yet to see how that plays.  LOVE this class, so fun. 

• WartWart Member Posts: 84
    I love that GW2 has spent time to make all the underwater enviroments just as detailed as the land.

===
    Currently Playing: Guild Wars 2

• AlBQuirkyAlBQuirky Member EpicPosts: 7,432

Thought I'd try something a little different.
    The thief's "death blossom" skill in action :)

- Al

Personally the only modern MMORPG trend that annoys me is the idea that MMOs need to be designed in a way to attract people who don't actually like MMOs. Which to me makes about as much sense as someone trying to figure out a way to get vegetarians to eat at their steakhouse.
    - FARGIN_WAR

• tank017tank017 Member Posts: 2,192

My Mesmer

My Mesmer with a BFS..

Some scenery shots I took

• timeraidertimeraider Member UncommonPosts: 865
    Ashes of Creation Referral link - Help me to help you!
    https://ashesofcreation.com/r/Y4U3PQCASUPJ5SED
  • VesaviusVesavius Member RarePosts: 7,908
    Originally posted by The_Korrigan
    GW2 is, to me, one of the most beautiful, if not the most beautiful and detailled MMORPG world ever created.

Fully agree.

What they have achieved is pretty amzing.

• terrantterrant Member Posts: 1,683
    Originally posted by elocke

Anyway.  Current level 80 gear, don't see much need to farm for anything else, heheh. ;D

Where did you get it? Please don't say TP. :P

I'm trying to get a set of Exotic-class Acolyte armor (the set in the pic there) for my Mesmer. Can't find it, other than spending 60s-5g a piece on the TP. 

• elockeelocke Member UncommonPosts: 4,335
    Originally posted by terrant
    Originally posted by elocke

Anyway.  Current level 80 gear, don't see much need to farm for anything else, heheh. ;D

Where did you get it? Please don't say TP. :P

I'm trying to get a set of Exotic-class Acolyte armor (the set in the pic there) for my Mesmer. Can't find it, other than spending 60s-5g a piece on the TP. 

High level map completion rewards, like doing Orr areas or Frostgorge. 

• LydonLydon Member UncommonPosts: 2,938
  • AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928
    Originally posted by Lydon
    nice shot:)

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• pedrostrikpedrostrik Member UncommonPosts: 396

the maps in GW2 are so beautifull and cities are from another world,

my favourite zone is Lornar's Pass, its huge and those caves inside those gigantic mountains....

• HokieHokie Member UncommonPosts: 1,063

How are you guys getting pictures without your avatars?

I want to take some landscape screens for my desktop, but I want them without my toon in it.

"I understand that if I hear any more words come pouring out of your **** mouth, Ill have to eat every fucking chicken in this room."

Originally posted by Hokie

I want to take some landscape screens for my desktop, but I want them without my toon in it.

ctrl shift h to get rid of UI

then zoom the camera as far in as it'll go......then /sleep 

lol

• QSatuQSatu Member UncommonPosts: 1,795

imageimageimage

I doubt I will ever again turn on post processing effects and FXAA. Everything is so crisp without those settings. They add too much blurr to everything.

Originally posted by QSatu

imageimageimage

I doubt I will ever again turn on post processing effects and FXAA. Everything is so crisp without those settings. They add too much blurr to everything.

FXAA isn't too bad but I do feel its a crappy replacement for MSAA and SSAA... but i hate the post processing effects especially bloom so I leave that setting off.

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• HokieHokie Member UncommonPosts: 1,063
    Originally posted by tank017
    Originally posted by Hokie

ctrl shift h to get rid of UI

then zoom the camera as far in as it'll go......then /sleep 

lol

LOL!

Thanks, I'll do that. :)

"I understand that if I hear any more words come pouring out of your **** mouth, Ill have to eat every fucking chicken in this room."

• NitreNitre Member Posts: 37
    the problem with GW is that its always so dark and that it doesnt have HDR iirc. i didnt find it in the settings..so its probably just normal bloom which sucks. graphics could be alot better..especially when you are used to stuff like witcher 2 enhanced edition maxxed out 1080p graphics..its hard to forget that.
  • betatrybetatry Member Posts: 28
  • EmrendilEmrendil Member Posts: 199
    Originally posted by Aerowyn
    Originally posted by Cital
    Tera's world is the prettiest I've came across so far :o

graphics and aesthetics are very differn't and obviously very subjective.. TERA has the higher polygon count and is very good looking but imho GW2 has a MUCH better put together world. I actually want to explore the world of Tyria and is actually one of my favorite things in the game

Same with me. My favorite world in mmorpg so far.

• PieRadPieRad Member Posts: 1,108

Mount Maelstrom, looking down on the earthlings.

• TerranahTerranah Member UncommonPosts: 3,575

Some really lovely pics everyone, thanks for sharing.  I will contribute some a bit later today.

So far I think my favorite is the woman in red dress with bow, standing in an autumnal looking field.