Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Playing wow today , good job Blizz

ThebigthrillThebigthrill Member UncommonPosts: 117

I was playing wow today with my son, we were in burning stepps.

I had just bought him 310% flying and that gave him faster flying speed than any of my toons.

So Im letting him fly me around on his Obsidian Nightwing I got him and as we were flying we saw so many people, horde and alliance.

So he dropped us down as we saw a horde pally , he said dad let me take care of him. He was on his 85 rogue and 1 shotted him.

My son is 7 and at that moment I started thinking. I told him "Do you know when I created the rogue your playing?" He of course said no, I told him when he was born I was leveling your rogue back in vanilla, when you were born your rogue was only level 34.

Now the rogue was his , it was his main toon.

As my 7 yearold son flew me around the burning steps on his mount I told him how back in the day these people you now see in the world was normal and there were people all over the place. He didnt believe me and I realized at his age hes never seen world of warcraft as populated like its been since the crz.

Now my son is smart , hes 7 years old , when he was in the first grade last year he was doing math at a 5th grade level.

Back in Wrath of the lich king I was in the middle of a heroic dungeon "The Nexus" I was healing , I had to take a shit and told the people in the dungeon Ill be right back in 10 minutes have to use the bathroom.

15 minutes later I came out of the bathroom , my son was in Dalaran , he looked at me and said "We finished" I said what do you mean? He said "I finished the raid for you, I healed it" I was stunned that a 3 and a half yearold kid could heal a dungeon.

Now hes almost 8 , weve tried Tera  and SWTOR but it always comes back to WOW.

I now realize with my son now playing that in the future he will be much better than me in gaming and wow now holds a big part of our past in it.

My son is 7 and hes rolling his monk on tuesday. He has learned all the emotes , he knows what item level means, he understands how to spec his toon and knows his rotations.

I dont understand the hate for crz , it baffles me how people do not want to be surrounded by people in a mmorpg , if you dont like to have other players kill your quest objectives then please play a single player game and if you dont like being ganked , especially on the magtheridon server then please play on a pve server because there will be a little 7 year old rogue coming after you low levels and his dad has his back.

"Don't tell me what to do! , you're not my mod"

Saying invented by me.

Comments

• StonesDKStonesDK Member UncommonPosts: 1,805
    Cool story bro
  • robotchio30robotchio30 Member UncommonPosts: 16
    I think i'm too stupid to understand the subliminal message you're trying to tell us, or maybe i'm interpreting the title wrong

Shadow Of Apophis

• KaspanovaKaspanova Member UncommonPosts: 61

Very cool story :)

my nephew started playing MMOs about 12, his first was probably Matrix Online playing with me. He got a rep there and then went on to SWG and was talked about a lot in PVP circles. He is 20 now and still playing MMOs

"Teach them well and let them lead the way"

• Goll25Goll25 Member UncommonPosts: 187
    Great story, I have played MMO's in the past with father son duo's of about the age of 6-7, and they can surprise you! Glad your having fun together and the CRZ's are deff refreshing to have, awesome seeing people in the world again.
  • Wow that is a amazing post.. Its really good.. Most people won't get the meaning behind it...I had a similar experience with my niece but with a different game.... I just can't get myself to play WOW. Tthe problem with me is the low lvl zones. They look like crap..I have tried to play the game maybe 8 times over the years and i just can't get over how bad the UI is and how bad the game looks.. Not sure why they would update the higher lvl area's with better graphics but leave the low lvl area's looking so bad... Everything looked chalky.. I've watched a few youtube video's on the game and the high lvl areas are really nice looking....if they were to update the starting zones then they will pull in alot of new players.... So many of my friends have tried to play the game for a hour so but just can't stand it...plus its so out dated... Controls, UI, Graphics, gameplay, feel of the game...I might try it again at some point.. Who know's..
  • ace80kace80k Member UncommonPosts: 151
    A rogue 1 shotted a paladin? Sounds balanced.
  • Goll25Goll25 Member UncommonPosts: 187
    Originally posted by NetBlaise
    Wow that is a amazing post.. Its really good.. Most people won't get the meaning behind it...I had a similar experience with my niece but with a different game.... I just can't get myself to play WOW. Tthe problem with me is the low lvl zones. They look like crap..I have tried to play the game maybe 8 times over the years and i just can't get over how bad the UI is and how bad the game looks.. Not sure why they would update the higher lvl area's with better graphics but leave the low lvl area's looking so bad... Everything looked chalky.. I've watched a few youtube video's on the game and the high lvl areas are really nice looking....if they were to update the starting zones then they will pull in alot of new players.... So many of my friends have tried to play the game for a hour so but just can't stand it...plus its so out dated... Controls, UI, Graphics, gameplay, feel of the game...I might try it again at some point.. Who know's..

They updated the low level zones less than 2 years ago when Cata came out, redisgned the quests to. Also the UI is insanely easy to MOD using curse, just find a skin/setup you like and have at it! But it's not for everyone especially do to its age now. Even though I think the graphics are sort of time-less do to the stylizing of it. 

• Dreamo84Dreamo84 Member UncommonPosts: 3,713
    Originally posted by ace80k
    A rogue 1 shotted a paladin? Sounds balanced.

I believe the Paladin was very low level. Father is apparently teaching his kid to gank noobs.

• friagrimfriagrim Member Posts: 7

Very cool story about how you have introduced your son to the most time crushing genre of gaming at an age when only you, the parent, can realistically be expected to display any kind of self control. GL with that. MMORPG's as a "family" activity just seems sick to me and a rather selfish indulgence on the part of the parents.

Play some mind stimulating games with him atleast plz, not an epic tale of 1 shotting some poor lowbie and not appreciating what that means to them.

I don't get the message of this at all, and I truly find it all rather disturbing and infact insulting to your own intelligence. You yourself said that a 3 year old performed something you viewed as challenging in a game, no one else said that. That doesn't strike you as a little odd, and at the very least it doesn't make you question the worth of the game you are playing? This baffles me.

• VolnusVolnus Member UncommonPosts: 40
    I find the best mmo's are the most complicated because that will get rid of any idtios and trolls because they will complain that the game is to hard. 
  • GravargGravarg Member UncommonPosts: 3,424
    I like the CRZ,  whether I'm grouping with them or not, just having other players my level running around makes the game feel alive in lower levels.
  • FluteFlute Member UncommonPosts: 455

Lovely story :)  I play WoW with my nephew, he's far better at it than I am lol

Blizzard has done a very good job of making a game that is accessible and appealing to kids, which adults can play too.  Do I think wow today is the best game out there for me?  No, not even close.  However that in no way diminishes the fact it's still a great family game - some of the pvp gams I play I would quietly see too it that my nephew's mom never lets him play.  Never being until he has a job to pay for his own sub, of course! 

• lightbladelightblade Member Posts: 219
    I guess this only proved that WoW is full of kiddies.
  • evilastroevilastro Member Posts: 4,270
    7 year olds one shotting people with a rogue. Yep that pretty much sums up WoW in general.
  • bubalubabubaluba Member Posts: 434
    Well, first mmo of my son was wow , before wow he was playing only shooters like cod, bf, exct.. With wow he started to like mmo and even today at age of 17 he comes back to wow. It is something magic in this game and old players must return from time to time back to feel that game again. In fact he is my best mmo pal and when weather is bad outside we play together most of the time. Blizzard made one game for eternity
  • bubalubabubaluba Member Posts: 434
    Originally posted by lightblade

And you ''old'' people what you play? I guess not eve online because it is to much numbers and text in there :)

• friagrimfriagrim Member Posts: 7
    Originally posted by bubaluba
    Originally posted by lightblade

And you ''old'' people what you play? I guess not eve online because it is to much numbers and text in there :)

DFO (unfortunately broken as it was developed basically by 12 people) and soon to be DF:UW. Unfortunately besides that either we don't consider most of the MMO's we played worth mentioning after the cookie cutter craze, or we fell out of the MMO scene alltogether, frustrated with the dumbed down trend of games that can apparently be played by 3 year olds in raid scenarios, healing nonetheless. And yet when we say its easy mode we get flamed? oooook heh.

Its not surprising at all that children can play it just fine. We've been saying all along that all that is out there is the same mind numbingly easy gaming we've had since, quite frankly, EQ. For me the timeline goes; UO, NWN, DF. All else is rather disappointing filler. I put NWN in there because it deserves to be there much more than most other actual MMOs.

• NizurNizur Member CommonPosts: 1,417
    Originally posted by Aori

WoW has been a great learning tool for my daughter.. my daughter knows if in trouble she goes for the cheap shot, if that isn't enough then gouge and sprint.

GJ blizzard

I lolled. GJ Aori.

Current: None
    Played: WoW, CoX, SWG, LotRO, EVE, AoC, VG, CO, Ryzom, DF, WAR
    Tried: Lineage2, Dofus, EQ2, CoS, FE, UO, Wurm, Wakfu
    Future: The Repopulation, ArcheAge, Black Desert, EQN

• GwapoJoshGwapoJosh Member UncommonPosts: 1,030
    I cancelled my sons WoW account.. It was teaching him to be a bully. Tormenting low level toons and calling them names when he killed them.  His answer was "Dad, everyone else in the game acts like this."  Now he is only aloud to play along in a game with me (until he is older).

"You are all going to poop yourselves." BillMurphy

"Laugh and the world laughs with you. Weep and you weep alone."

• FullmoonfeverFullmoonfever Member Posts: 5
    I think it has more to do with the glaring problems it has caused and Blizzard has yet to fix.I will name 3 that are the most heated right now.Fishing events for the achievement they now have to compete with folks from other servers instead of their own server,Tol Barad,Wintergrasp events are unplayable at the present due CSZ,and people farming for mats for sale or for making things are now competing with cross realms and same goes for Hunter rare pets and rare mounts like Time-Lost.I saw a post today about a guy that has been camping Time-Lost for months and finally it spawns and he loses it to yep a CRZ toon from a different server.Now for me that is great makes things more rare:P
  • FuryVFuryV Member UncommonPosts: 515
    Don't bullshit ffs.
  • YakkinYakkin Member Posts: 919
    Originally posted by FuryV
    Don't bullshit ffs.

Uh, who are you responding to?

• Originally posted by Goll25
    Originally posted by NetBlaise
    Wow that is a amazing post.. Its really good.. Most people won't get the meaning behind it...I had a similar experience with my niece but with a different game.... I just can't get myself to play WOW. Tthe problem with me is the low lvl zones. They look like crap..I have tried to play the game maybe 8 times over the years and i just can't get over how bad the UI is and how bad the game looks.. Not sure why they would update the higher lvl area's with better graphics but leave the low lvl area's looking so bad... Everything looked chalky.. I've watched a few youtube video's on the game and the high lvl areas are really nice looking....if they were to update the starting zones then they will pull in alot of new players.... So many of my friends have tried to play the game for a hour so but just can't stand it...plus its so out dated... Controls, UI, Graphics, gameplay, feel of the game...I might try it again at some point.. Who know's..

They updated the low level zones less than 2 years ago when Cata came out, redisgned the quests to. Also the UI is insanely easy to MOD using curse, just find a skin/setup you like and have at it! But it's not for everyone especially do to its age now. Even though I think the graphics are sort of time-less do to the stylizing of it. 

Thx alot for the update.. goona try the game again sometime this week.. Thats if i can pull myself away from Borderlands II and Torchlight II....Might make a Warrior or mage...

• xmentyxmenty Member UncommonPosts: 718

I will let my daughter play Dark Souls when she turn 7 :)

Pardon my English as it is not my 1st language :)

• snoockysnoocky Member UncommonPosts: 724

@ OP... Why do you let your son who is 7 play WoW???

Let him play in the real world and socialize!!

Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before.

Edgar Allan Poe