Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Comments

• Eir_SEir_S Member UncommonPosts: 4,440
    That explains that.
  • elvrageelvrage Member Posts: 43

Originally posted by Deathenger

FYI...

http://forums.darkfallonline.com/showthread.php?t=327467

Originally posted by Eir_S
    That explains that.

#1 You have to have an established account on here to cast a hype. Something that I guarantee none of those people have.

#2 There may have been 10 people that actually have casted hype on the game.

• McGamerMcGamer Member UncommonPosts: 1,073
    What's funny is how those in the other post were trying to not only compare DF to GW2, but an unfinished xpac for a P2P IP to an already released F2P IP. 
  • FluteFlute Member UncommonPosts: 455

Actually I think the better point is that an independent games company redoing the basic architecture of thier "nearly great but ..." FFA PvP fantasy game is why people are giving DF:UW serious hype.  Why?  Because a ton of people loved the idea of Darkfall 1.0, but hated many of the implementation elements (which let's face it were badly broken in places). 

From what Aventurine have already confirmed about the new game, many of the worst culprits of "you didn't, OMFG you idiots!" game design are simply gone from the new game, including instant cast high-damage-can't-be-dodged ray magic spells, and the ability for people wearing super-heavy-armour to be flawless mages (the "hahahaha I win" veterans only gearsets).  Just for once, a game with hype actually deserves its hype - it is an independent games company going for the total overhaul and upgrade of a game that always had great potential but was let down by design / coding flaws. 

Take away the design flaws and improve the underlying architecture of the coding, and guess what ... definitely a "must try it" game if you like fantasy setting pvp.  I wouldn't say that about any other game other than EVE Online - if you like sci fi you are a complete idiot not to try the free EVE trial.  Not everyone likes genuine pvp games, but for those who do Darkfall getting an overhaul is massive news, and a genuine cause for celebration and hype.

----------

Oh to the OP and poster #2, "bugger off, noob!".   Sorry, the inner troll in me couldn't resist :)  But yes, hype does not come from strangers.  It comes from MMORPG community members casting thier Hype vote - and to be honest this is the first game to get me genuinely excited this year. 

• NizurNizur Member CommonPosts: 1,417
    Does anyone even give any weight to the hype meter on this site? I thought no one really cared about that?

Current: None
    Played: WoW, CoX, SWG, LotRO, EVE, AoC, VG, CO, Ryzom, DF, WAR
    Tried: Lineage2, Dofus, EQ2, CoS, FE, UO, Wurm, Wakfu
    Future: The Repopulation, ArcheAge, Black Desert, EQN

• JayarisJayaris Member Posts: 308

FYI...

Fans of the game always hype the game at 10's and 9's when it's first listed on the site. This isn't anything new.

Truth be told, I don't see how anyone who is excited for the game would rate it less than a nine - They don't have anything else to be hyped about.

Hi

• WhisperXIIIWhisperXIII Member Posts: 33
    Originally posted by Jayaris

FYI...

Fans of the game always hype the game at 10's and 9's when it's first listed on the site. This isn't anything new.

Truth be told, I don't see how anyone who is excited for the game would rate it less than a nine - They don't have anything else to be hyped about.

Excuse us for being excited about our game >.<

Point me to a game that offers the same things and I'll gladly play it.

Elyse Leveque - Zealot
  • Spool1Spool1 Member UncommonPosts: 24
    They trying to give us shit for likeing a game?
    Originally posted by elvrage

FYI...

That explains that.

#1 You have to have an established account on here to cast a hype. Something that I guarantee none of those people have.

#2 There may have been 10 people that actually have casted hype on the game.

For the record the game has over 100 votes, which is more than some of the other games on the top 5 list.

Hi

• Spool1Spool1 Member UncommonPosts: 24
    Originally posted by Buttski
    [mod edit]

Seemed to pull ur attention enoough to make you come and check out the games private thread section /lol

Originally posted by Buttski
    [mod edit]

Once you're on www.mmorpg.com you scroll down to the "Top Voted Games" box, then you click on "Darkfall : Unholy Wars". Once that loads, click on the yellow "Hype" link. Now click on the "Cast Your Hype" link to the bottom left of the big hypemeter.

By moving your mouse over the now empty hypemeter you can select a value from 0-10. Once it is where you want it, left click the box and fill in the "Comments" box if you wish, and then press the "Submit Hype" button.

I hope that explanation helps, that's how I did it.

Hi

• ButtskiButtski Member UncommonPosts: 187
    not trolling. just my opinion.
  • SmoeySmoey Member UncommonPosts: 599
    It's a player asking that and not a member of staff so who cares? it would be different if their developers started spamming their forums asking everyone to hype for bonuses or something. A player supporting his/her mmorpg asking people to hype the game should be fine in my opinion..

(\ /) ?
    ( . .)
    c('')('')

FYI...

That explains that.

It seems as if this thread was started to try and generate drama. Many Darkfall players are established MMORPG.com members; this shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone. One of our more famous players is actually a popular writer/producer for the site, RipperX. I see no reason that the upcoming launch of a well-loved game should not be hyped on a website that presents itself as an impartial newssite.

Elyse Leveque - Zealot
  • GitmixGitmix Member UncommonPosts: 605

So a few DF fans are hyping up the sequel to their favorite game...Shocker ! Call CNN !

I'm sure there was absolutely none of that going on with GW2 before it released !

• GrixxittGrixxitt Member UncommonPosts: 545
    Originally posted by Failings

So a few DF fans are hyping up the sequel to their favorite game...Shocker ! Call CNN !

I'm sure there was absolutely none of that going on with GW2 before it released !

12 year study finds that mostly Star Wars fans affected the hype meter of SW:TOR, news at 11

The above is my personal opinion. Anyone displaying a view contrary to my opinion is obviously WRONG and should STHU. (neener neener)

-The MMO Forum Community

• Dude1000083Dude1000083 Member Posts: 1
    Best GAME ever!!!! only game I ever played to sit in my chair and give me an adrenaline rush while sitting in a computer chair running to save my gear lol
  • redman875redman875 Member Posts: 230

FYI...

Im a long time DF player, while im not playing right now, i cant gurantee you that the 5000 people playing DF wont put a dent into this games rating on this site.  In fact out of those 5k player about 50 actually love the game lol.  Expect the games rating to drop along with a lot of people making fun of tasos if the people from forumfall actually come here.

Also...lets hope he put as much time into 2.0 as he apparently put into working on his biceps while we all played a busted beta for several years XD

• SuncrossSuncross Member Posts: 3

FYI...

Get madder bro.  We are trying to express our excitement or hype about a game in a medium that lets us.  That is what the hype thing is about.  Downvote the hype if you want to, as that is what you can do if you aren't excited about it.  It's just that most people don't come here.  I just came here to cast a hype to get people to know about this game.  It's not vandalization or abuse, I just don't normally have a reason to come here.

To justify my hype im going to be posting on the forums a bit though.  Who knows, yall might have a couple game reviewers emerge out of this. 

-Sun

Originally posted by redman875

FYI...

Im a long time DF player, while im not playing right now, i cant gurantee you that the 5000 people playing DF wont put a dent into this games rating on this site.  In fact out of those 5k player about 50 actually love the game lol.  Expect the games rating to drop along with a lot of people making fun of tasos if the people from forumfall actually come here.

Also...lets hope he put as much time into 2.0 as he apparently put into working on his biceps while we all played a busted beta for several years XD

I personally find it hilarious that there seem to be individuals on this site that are offended that Darkfall is being talked about/hyped at all.

Believe it or not, there is a very large community that loves Darkfall.

Elyse Leveque - Zealot
  • Eir_SEir_S Member UncommonPosts: 4,440
    Darkfall appels to a certain group of gamers, nothing wrong with that.  I hope it succeeds.  I never said the hype meter was necessarily wrong, and I probably underestimated the size of the fanbase, but you have to admit links like the OP's might net the game a "hype reset" (it could be seen as manipulation if they notice).
  • GreymoorGreymoor Member UncommonPosts: 802
    Darkfall appels to a certain group of gamers, nothing wrong with that.  I hope it succeeds.  I never said the hype meter was necessarily wrong, and I probably underestimated the size of the fanbase, but you have to admit links like the OP's might net the game a "hype reset" (it could be seen as manipulation if they notice).

Manipulation is dev incentives to vote for a game, showing more people interested in the game this website isn't manipulation.

You realize that DF:UW is a brand new game that was announced less than a week ago, yes?

Elyse Leveque - Zealot
  • DeathengerDeathenger Member UncommonPosts: 880
    Originally posted by Suncross

FYI...

Get madder bro.  We are trying to express our excitement or hype about a game in a medium that lets us.  That is what the hype thing is about.  Downvote the hype if you want to, as that is what you can do if you aren't excited about it.  It's just that most people don't come here.  I just came here to cast a hype to get people to know about this game.  It's not vandalization or abuse, I just don't normally have a reason to come here.

To justify my hype im going to be posting on the forums a bit though.  Who knows, yall might have a couple game reviewers emerge out of this. 

Actually I been a DarkFall folower since 2006. I was even fortunate enough to get into the beta long before release. After reading about the game for years, falling in love with the idea then having my heart ripped out because it was so TERRIBLE I'm keeping my expectations EXTREAMLY low.... like underground on this one.

It's against the rules of this site to band together for the purpose of swaying the hype meter. The last thing this game needs is unessesary hype so it can be added to the list with all the other overhyped games that sucked.

Rules about the hype meter

Game List

Ratings and Hype-meter

In regards to game ratings and hype-meter voting, we reserve the right to remove unfairly obtained votes and, as needed, suspend voting on games deemed to have been given unfair votes. The amount of time voting will be suspended is dependent upon how long MMORPG.com believes it will take before fair voting will again occur.

In the case of ratings and hype-meter votes, "unfair votes" are determined by MMORPG.com staff and specifically include (but are not limited to):

• Those solicited by game companies asking for a particular rating ("go rate our game a 10").
    • Those solicited by game companies offering any kind of compensation or contest.
    • Those registered by single users under multiple accounts.

Hopefully it dosent suck...

Thumbs up for assumptions , amirite?

Originally posted by Suncross

FYI...

Actually I been a DarkFall folower since 2006. I was even fortunate enough to get into the beta long before release. After reading about the game for years, falling in love with the idea then having my heart ripped out because it was so TERRIBLE I'm keeping my expectations EXTREAMLY low.... like underground on this one.

It's against the rules of this site to band together for the purpose of swaying the hype meter. The last thing this game needs is unessesary hype so it can be added to the list with all the other overhyped games that sucked.

Rules about the hype meter

Game List

Ratings and Hype-meter

In regards to game ratings and hype-meter voting, we reserve the right to remove unfairly obtained votes and, as needed, suspend voting on games deemed to have been given unfair votes. The amount of time voting will be suspended is dependent upon how long MMORPG.com believes it will take before fair voting will again occur.

In the case of ratings and hype-meter votes, "unfair votes" are determined by MMORPG.com staff and specifically include (but are not limited to):

• Those solicited by game companies asking for a particular rating ("go rate our game a 10").
    • Those solicited by game companies offering any kind of compensation or contest.
    • Those registered by single users under multiple accounts.

Hopefully it dosent suck...

Thumbs up for assumptions , amirite?

You realize your quote doesn't support at all what you've said? The game company isn't soliciting the votes, the thread was made by a player.

Hi