Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

poll: the main problem with d3 OR the reason you quit d3?

stygianapothstygianapoth Member UncommonPosts: 185

this is to gather info from those who still play and also from those who quit playing. my personal reason for quitting is the itemization is so horrible. I HAVE spent 10 hours a day farming with no results, while others spend 30 minutes one day and find an item worth 50 billion gold (exagerrating of course). the point is... RMAH... lol ok not really, but it's why Blizzard made the RMAH.

The REAL point is... you have to be lucky. It's literally like the odds of winning the lottery of that 500 mil jackpot (even 500 mil... 4 months into the game... is almost like pocket change for botters or those lucky guys).

Comments

• chakalakachakalaka Member UncommonPosts: 291
    I said Lack of diablo 2 features was my reason for quitting but to be honest, as a Guild Wars 1 fan and with gw2 on the way I knew I would be playing that. And I was trying to manage TSW and Diablo3 at the same time and I feel like the lack of diablo2 blueprint was one of the reasons why TSW ate up all of my time up till gw2.
  • stygianapothstygianapoth Member UncommonPosts: 185
    I suppose itemization and d2 blueprint could've been combined... but d2 had so many features that d3 ignored and itemization was a huge role in d2's success and d3's unsuccess... but hell it deserved it's own category.
  • FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,903

Bots, itemization, Jay Wilsons crappy design to name a few. 

I have no idea what your last selection means.  The D3 team just implemented what Jay and the art director wanted.  They couldn't turn it into a good game.

• SuperDonkSuperDonk Member UncommonPosts: 759

I quit because I got tired of running the same story 3 times only to find out the 4th time wasn't any better. This made making alts all the more painful. Also, it kinda sucks to start off as a mob smashing demigod only to become a 100pound  weakling in inferno, I would of prefered a Torchlight approach where difficulty can be set prior to starting a new character, this makes you feel like you're progressing. Playing the highest difficulty in Torchlight is actually fun and rewarding, something you don't get out of D3.

• BrotherDBrotherD Member Posts: 52
    Because I can get Torchlight 2 to third the price.

Currently playing: AoC, RIFT, Champions Online, DDO, LORTO, STO and Tribes: Ascend
    Have Played: TSW, SWG, AO, EVE, WOW, EQ, EQ2, SW:TOR, GW,CoH, DCUO, RotMG, WAR,

• baphametbaphamet Member RarePosts: 3,311

lack of pvp.

• TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297
    MMO style grind in the wrong kind of game.
    I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • BanaghranBanaghran Member Posts: 869
    Originally posted by Vannor
    MMO style grind in the wrong kind of game.

And you are quite sure we are able to even agree on what "MMO style grind" means? :)

Anyways, this poll needs multiple choices, in a way or a other i could check every single one of the options, in the end they all contribute, some more some less and some only combined.

Flame on!

:)

• sunflamesunflame Member UncommonPosts: 181
    RMAH
  • lotapartylotaparty Member Posts: 514
    rmah and bots 
  • ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    It's designed around maximizing use of the auction house not maximizing fun.
  • MurlockDanceMurlockDance Member Posts: 1,223

My gosh, there is so much that is not reflected in the poll. I left because of:

-Having to be online all the time.

-Lag at times that made the game unfun.

-Lack of character customization, lack of need or rolling alts therefore not a lot of replayability once you finish inferno on one class.

-Poor itemization and AH/RMAH mechanics. Items are boring too.

-Over-emphasis of the story, and the story is pretty bad.

-Poor account security.

-Lack of randomization of maps which again means less replayability.

-Crafting is piss poor and requires dropped pages. No gambling, no transmuter, etc.

Playing MUDs and MMOs since 1994.

• ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    Torchlight 2 fixes every single one of your points murlock

Especially randomness and itemisation.
  • SSJCartmanSSJCartman Member UncommonPosts: 6

Lack of customization.

The Skill System does not allow different builds like it was possible in D2 imo.

i.e. FoH, Hammerdin, Fana-Zealot Paladin - 1 class, 3 completely different playstyles.