Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

A Realm Reborn should be listed as a new game!!

124»

Comments

• SatimasuSatimasu Member UncommonPosts: 900
    Originally posted by Weretigar
    Originally posted by TangentPoint
    Originally posted by Weretigar
    Originally posted by Odhelm

, completly new made world(Just new engine with map shaping to remove copy-pasta terreain that no one has seen or tested.)

Are you kidding me?

Where do you people pull this crap from?

"just a new engine"?

"map shaping to remove copy-pasta"?"

They have re-designed the entire world from the ground up, with the exception of the cities which will only be somewhat modified (according to Yoshi and co.).

They didn't just take all the same graphics and terrain tiles and re-arrange them so they "don't look so repetitive". They went back to the drawing board, completely re-imagined each area and rebuilt them from the ground up. They don't even resemble the current areas.  Have you looked at the maps for 1.x and those released for 2.0 to see the difference?

One person says "it's just a patch", now this...

If it was completly redesigned you would't be able to keep all the same crap. Like what has been said before even by the admins. It will be re-re-re-reviewed once the patch hits. If your still in denial about how the world was before you are completely delusional. Also mindlessly ranting about a game that was proved to be the biggest letdown in mmo history only further drags new players from even wanting to test it again. 

It is a patch the engine they built would not work on the ps3 version thier words. Graphics had nothing to do with why the game failed the first time. The whole graphics thing is just A blah arguement for fanboys to keep hyping the engine patch. The whole world has been remade is just laughable the map is exactly the same same towns, same races, towns in the same locations.

It will still take your guy 20 min to run trew a town with 99% of the doors closed with nowhere to go. Just hold off and let it come out. Seriously let the dead sleep peacefully.

You're not even making sense. Are you talking about 1.0, or 2.0? I think you're confusing the two. I don't remember "patches" going through alphas and betas. You keep all the same "crap" because they're porting everything onto the new engine/servers. This is why they are shutting down 1.0 and the last save point for characters is in Nov.

To be the best, you must help each other become the best.
    FFXI Character: Satimasu
    FFXI Server: Valefor
    FFXIV Character: Tamorae Fonteil

• syranekosyraneko Member Posts: 16

First of all i am a current FFXIV player in Aegis, I really like the game how it is and not looking foward to the change. Anyways the game will be totally changed it is not a patch.

About how maps are changed - check the Special Talk Session Video Now Live! (09/07/2012)

The gameplay part of the video shows the new Grindania / and Shroud  forest.

Before the shroud was like a maze of paths that led to small openings or caves, now the map has a total overhall with everything being wideopen and accessable, textures are new, tree models are new (believe me i am an in game botanist and i can tell if the tree models are new after farming them for 1000s of times.)

In brief the feel of the place is totally different. The use of colours have changed, check the ultra saturated colours of FFXIV v1 and compare them to the realistic palette of 2.0.

Before maps where like Hi-Res FFXI maps, for instance the shroud reminded me of the ffxi forest outside Aht Ugan. However now they remind me of Age of Conan. Instanses look as much detailed as AoC ones and seem to have the same freedom, however the chigoe model seemed alittle out of place in the model.

Gameplay is very different, no more you built tp by hitting the mob and do a weapon skill, now it is stamina based that builds over time and you can start a battle with a combo.

Ah a note about the director of ffxiv saying that ffxiv v2 is the best looking mmo today and for years to come, NO IT IS NOT IT JUST LOOKS LIKE AOC WHICH IS A 4 YEAR OLD GAME! For some reason it pissed me off probably because I knew he was lying.

• guin10guin10 Member Posts: 21

I finally decided to create a account.

I agree with TC. The game is completely different:

- redesigned maps 

- new engine

- new server system

- new UI

- changes on crafting/gathering system

- the battle system is more dynamic

- Limit Break Party system

- new story  

- full voice acting for cutscenes

- and much more

I'ts not a big patch. It's a new client. You need to download the whole game.

Look at Metacritic, gametrailers, gamefaqs, gamespot, gamerankings, eurogamer, etc... FF XIV: A Realm Reborn already has its own board.

Darkfall: Unholy Wars was announced this week and already has its own board here.

FF XIV: Realm Reborn (aka FF XIV 2.0) was announced in 2011 and.... I don't see anything. I really don't understand.

• L3nnyGpL3nnyGp Member UncommonPosts: 153
    image with Guin10.
  • carolgreen21carolgreen21 Member Posts: 22
    that I'd have to re-purchase it all over again, which I absolutely refuse to do.

I'll be subscribing of course, but I'm not re-buying.

• maccersmaccers Member UncommonPosts: 18
    Originally posted by carolgreen21
    that I'd have to re-purchase it all over again, which I absolutely refuse to do.

I'll be subscribing of course, but I'm not re-buying.

Those that already own the game, wont need to buy it again. All you would need to do is download the new client when it becomes available.

• PresbytierPresbytier Member UncommonPosts: 424
    Yes it really should be and if Square is smart it will market the hell out of it as a new game and not simply an update to one of the most bizarrely broken games to have ever graced the MMORPG space. The sad thing is I can actually go see all the posts I made defending it before it was released.

"Never pay more than 20 bucks for a computer game."-Guybrush Threepwood
    "I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me."-Hunter S. Thompson

• VesaviusVesavius Member RarePosts: 7,908

What is weird is that Darkfall: Unholy War has got a new header but this game is still under the old ttle, giving the casual reader no indication of any change or development.

Sorry, I see Guin already touched on this. NM, it bears repeating.