Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

Roll back? gold, items all gone.

1234579

Comments

  • QtarQtar BitolaPosts: 165Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by hikaru77
    I thought this was the best MMO of the history, not even a month and gw2 is already full of bots, hackers and new problems everyday, maybe thats why is a B2P and why people will keep playing P2P MMOs. be ready for huge population drop in a few days with MoP.

    And tell me what mmo on begining dont have bots and hacks? 

    Currently playing: HC Diablo 3, DDO
    MMORPG experiences:EQ2, AoC(pre f2p), Lotro,GW1,DDO, Aion,WoW( stop with wotlk),Allods, GW2
    Eu,War.
    Waiting On: WoD Sometime Maybe: Elder Scrolls MMO, Might and Magic

  • DeivosDeivos Mountain View, CAPosts: 1,737Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by halflife25

    Umm ok my OP was not a complaint. More like 'This happened to anyone else'. People who dlsike to hear anything negative about GW2 often try to underplay these so called 'negative opinions' by making back handed clever insults. Yes it is not a big deal for you... well good for you..why are you here then? (by you i don't mean you).

    Stop patronizing people, we are not kids who need schooling in obvious. (again not talking about you).

    When i realised my progress has been rolled back, first thing i did was check official forums. There was nothing there. So i came here to see if it is me getting screwed or someone else in same boat as me.

    It is only because of these forums that i got to know ANET made annoucement regarding it on Twitter..imagine that.  As more and more people begin to log in game to realise there has been a roll back. They started posting on official forums. I even posted links.

    Naturaly, they got flamed by the fans and topics got locked. So yep..official forums are not all that. Even Anet doesn't give much preference to their own official forums. They would rather make annoucements on twitter. And people like me keep fumbling on official forums looking for some information.

    Don't think I was specifically addressing your OP with that post. My first one was aimed more at you than the one you quoted was, but let's have a go at this.

     

    Ignoring the part you say are not for me, First sentence I have no qualms with. My response to your issue is just general speculation ofn the architecture of the game and condolances for your time lost.

     

    In the case of hearing things from Anet through others here, that would be due to your preferences in tracking media. It seems you are not big on checking the media sources Anet has outside the forums, namely their facebook, twitter, and wiki. Otherwise one might have been faster to find the information from those sources where they get originally posted.

     

    That's perfectly fine, just a matter of preference. But that is also, to note, the reason one might not find the information they are always looking for. Anet keeps their patch information on their wiki and make most short term status updates via twitter. If one does not think to check those sources (I know I never do) then one is not likely to know.

     

    And yeah, the moment any thread on a forum degrades into ranting one way or the other (hard to think it's only ever one side at fault) it really needs to get closed or locked. Can't really hold Anet at fault for doing so on their own forum.

     

    EDIT: To get the point out more clearly. 

    It's fine to ask about a problem. It's fine to say one has a problem. It's fine to talk about a problem.

     

    It's not fine to grab a pitchfork over a problem.

     

    This isn't a problem with the OP, it's a problem with what has generally ensued.

    And not really from you either, more from some visitors to your post. Though some seem to be getting edited by a/the mods now.

    "The knowledge of the theory of logic has no tendency whatever to make men good reasoners."
    - Thomas B. Macaulay

  • JeroKaneJeroKane OsloPosts: 5,353Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Clocksimus
    2012 and they can't restore characters? What other basic tools that the players normally don't get to see, did they just leave out of production?  I am at a loss for how anyone can think this would be acceptable.  I guess they really don't care about people after the initial box sale which they already got?

    Yup! And people keep on raving how good B2P and F2P games are!

    You get what you pay for!  NOTHING! ZIP! NADA!

    Why would they give any form of support? They got your retail box money! And they know they will sucker you to buy their expansions too.

    As long as players don't vote with their wallets.... these developers continue on with these kind of practices! Nothing will change.

  • TokkenTokken Portland, ORPosts: 1,153Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by halflife25

    Anyone else? i don't care for xp and levels i can make those quick in W v W but i got some nice loot from chests, completing 100% map etc. 5 to 6 hours of everything i did is gone? no items and all gold i made from TP is also gone.

    All the mats i spent on leveling crafting, are also wasted because even crafting levels are rolled back , i never got my rare mats back.

    I have contected Anet regarding this..not sure if i will get my stuff back. I had some pretty rare skins in my inventory.

    Really frustrated right now. ;(

     

    edit ; people are confusing this with account hacking. Players lost even levels and all other progression due to server out age. So please stop posting 'you got hacked'.

     

    It's not often you get a second chance at life..... think of all the deaths you had that didn't happen. lol

    Brad McQuaid Quote:  So, God-willing, the Pantheon: Rise of the Fallen team and I will be able to make or allow that magic to happen a third time, and it too will be not just a great game, but also that catalyst again that brings people together, sometimes out of their comfort zone, learning how to work together not just tactically in a virtual world but also socially in the real world.
  • TardcoreTardcore MinskPosts: 2,325Member
    Originally posted by Deivos
    Originally posted by halflife25

    Umm ok my OP was not a complaint. More like 'This happened to anyone else'. People who dlsike to hear anything negative about GW2 often try to underplay these so called 'negative opinions' by making back handed clever insults. Yes it is not a big deal for you... well good for you..why are you here then? (by you i don't mean you).

    Stop patronizing people, we are not kids who need schooling in obvious. (again not talking about you).

    When i realised my progress has been rolled back, first thing i did was check official forums. There was nothing there. So i came here to see if it is me getting screwed or someone else in same boat as me.

    It is only because of these forums that i got to know ANET made annoucement regarding it on Twitter..imagine that.  As more and more people begin to log in game to realise there has been a roll back. They started posting on official forums. I even posted links.

    Naturaly, they got flamed by the fans and topics got locked. So yep..official forums are not all that. Even Anet doesn't give much preference to their own official forums. They would rather make annoucements on twitter. And people like me keep fumbling on official forums looking for some information.

    Don't think I was specifically addressing your OP with that post. My first one was aimed more at you than the one you quoted was, but let's have a go at this.

     

    Ignoring the part you say are not for me, First sentence I have no qualms with. My response to your issue is just general speculation ofn the architecture of the game and condolances for your time lost.

     

    In the case of hearing things from Anet through others here, that would be due to your preferences in tracking media. It seems you are not big on checking the media sources Anet has outside the forums, namely their facebook, twitter, and wiki. Otherwise one might have been faster to find the information from those sources where they get originally posted.

     

    That's perfectly fine, just a matter of preference. But that is also, to note, the reason one might not find the information they are always looking for. Anet keeps their patch information on their wiki and make most short term status updates via twitter. If one does not think to check those sources (I know I never do) then one is not likely to know.

     

    And yeah, the moment any thread on a forum degrades into ranting one way or the other (hard to think it's only ever one side at fault) it really needs to get closed or locked. Can't really hold Anet at fault for doing so on their own forum.

    If I want to find out something first place I go is the GW2 Twitter page as that seems to be the first place they update any info.

    And as to the can't hold A-net at fault for the thread locks. I'd say debatable. I will say though that something like this happening and no info after 14 hours (edited from 24 because i can't fucking count) except "sorry you're out of luck" is a bit annoying. Could be though they aren't quite sure what caused the issue yet.

    image

    "Gypsies, tramps, and thieves, we were called by the Admin of the site . . . "

  • KareliaKarelia HeraklionPosts: 668Member
    Originally posted by JeroKane
    Originally posted by Clocksimus
    2012 and they can't restore characters? What other basic tools that the players normally don't get to see, did they just leave out of production?  I am at a loss for how anyone can think this would be acceptable.  I guess they really don't care about people after the initial box sale which they already got?

    Yup! And people keep on raving how good B2P and F2P games are!

    You get what you pay for!  NOTHING! ZIP! NADA!

    Why would they give any form of support? They got your retail box money! And they know they will sucker you to buy their expansions too.

    As long as players don't vote with their wallets.... these developers continue on with these kind of practices! Nothing will change.

    a bit hard opinion, but very close to be true

  • TardcoreTardcore MinskPosts: 2,325Member
    Originally posted by Tokken
    Originally posted by halflife25

    Anyone else? i don't care for xp and levels i can make those quick in W v W but i got some nice loot from chests, completing 100% map etc. 5 to 6 hours of everything i did is gone? no items and all gold i made from TP is also gone.

    All the mats i spent on leveling crafting, are also wasted because even crafting levels are rolled back , i never got my rare mats back.

    I have contected Anet regarding this..not sure if i will get my stuff back. I had some pretty rare skins in my inventory.

    Really frustrated right now. ;(

     

    edit ; people are confusing this with account hacking. Players lost even levels and all other progression due to server out age. So please stop posting 'you got hacked'.

     

    It's not often you get a second chance at life..... think of all the deaths you had that didn't happen. lol

    Hey screw that man, my mains a warrior. I make things die, not the other way around.

    image

    "Gypsies, tramps, and thieves, we were called by the Admin of the site . . . "

  • DeivosDeivos Mountain View, CAPosts: 1,737Member Uncommon

    As I said before, it's seems one of the more likely cases that with the loss of data they don't currently have a catch for anything. The server doesn't doesn't dump it's data into a log when it crashes or anything from the sound of it so they don't ahve any snapshots of the game's state when it crashes.

    As a result there's no presnt means to account for lost information aside from what people claim they have lost and lets be honest. People aren't always honest.

    "The knowledge of the theory of logic has no tendency whatever to make men good reasoners."
    - Thomas B. Macaulay

  • fyerwallfyerwall Posts: 3,155Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Amjoco
    Originally posted by Tardcore
    Originally posted by Amjoco
    Originally posted by Kyleran
    B2P, no monthly sub. You can't expect the same level of customer support as in other titles. Remember in the end all you lost was a little bit of time and some pixels. GW2 is all about having fun and not acquiring items or progression, right?

    Over $1300 for WoW subscription the last several years is not worth the support I got out of them. I know one time I spent over an hour in queue on the phone trying to get my account back, and that was just one episode.

    You are right, it is about having fun and I think once the dust settles the support will be fine at ArenaNet. Currently they may be a bit busy! :)

     

    Well they've already said they can't do anything for the people that lost progress so its not a matter of busy in this case but a matter of inability.

    Meh, which leads me back to wanting my $1300 back. It is like insurance. Here Blizzard, in case shit happens, I will pay you a sub fee. 

    But yes, in this case though, inability has nothing really to do with the lack of customer support, it is just something that can't be fixed in the system. 

    Actually it IS something that could have been prevented if they had the proper infrastructure in place. This just smacks of "How cheap can we go?"  And this is also something that can be fixed, given that the company cares and is willing to make the upgrades.

    There are 3 types of people in the world.
    1.) Those who make things happen
    2.) Those who watch things happen
    3.) And those who wonder "What the %#*& just happened?!"


    image

  • CalibanvovCalibanvov Fuquay Varina, NCPosts: 191Member

    Im sorry to hear about that Half-life,  and to everyone else who lost progress.  I seen ingame someone complaining on the chat last night.

    Kinda makes me nervous.  I think I will play my lowbie alts until this is figured out.

    I'm hopeful they can compensate you in some way.

     

     

     

  • TardcoreTardcore MinskPosts: 2,325Member
    Originally posted by Deivos

    As I said before, it's seems one of the more likely cases that with the loss of data they don't currently have a catch for anything. The server doesn't doesn't dump it's data into a log when it crashes or anything from the sound f it so they don't ahve any snapshots of the game's state when it crashes.

    As a result there's no presnt tmeans to account for lost information aside from what people claim they have lost and lets be hinest. People aren't always honest.

    Oh I completely agree, but as I stated before my main worry why did this happen, could this happen again, and could it happen on a larger and much nastier scale? Becase before this I didn't think it could happen at all. Be nice to know.

    image

    "Gypsies, tramps, and thieves, we were called by the Admin of the site . . . "

  • JeroKaneJeroKane OsloPosts: 5,353Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Deivos

    As I said before, it's seems one of the more likely cases that with the loss of data they don't currently have a catch for anything. The server doesn't doesn't dump it's data into a log when it crashes or anything from the sound of it so they don't ahve any snapshots of the game's state when it crashes.

    As a result there's no presnt means to account for lost information aside from what people claim they have lost and lets be honest. People aren't always honest.

    Like I said. People get what they pay for!

    Having proper dissaster recovery plans and actual infrastructure in place costs a lot of money!

    Hence, why you usually see these kind of services in place with P2P MMO's!

    When they have a steady income via Monthly subs, they can invest in better infrastructure.

    That's why you have poor support in so called F2P games!

    Cash shops can be lucrative, but they are unpredictable and don't form a guaranteed income for developers.

     

    So it wouldn't supprise me one single bit that Arenanet (NCSoft we are talking about here) have cheaped out on proper infrastructure or any dissaster recovery, except for the pure basics (like general backup/restore in case of total server outage/hardware failures).

    So again.... Guild Wars 2 is a B2P game. You get what you pay for! Don't expect the same service you would normally get with subscription based MMO's!

  • gordiflugordiflu BarcelonaPosts: 757Member
    Originally posted by Xzen
    Originally posted by gordiflu
    Originally posted by Kaelano1
    Originally posted by gordiflu
    Originally posted by Kaelano1
    Originally posted by gordiflu
    Originally posted by Kaelano1
    Originally posted by gordiflu

    All the guys saying "they can't do that, they are unable to do that, they lack the infrastructure", etc.

    Please keep in mind that they hold the files and they have the tools. They can do anything to any char at any time, period. They just won't dedicate the resources, don't want to do it or don't have time, but they absolutely CAN do whatever to your char. They, and any company for that matter.

    I ve been working for the gaming industry and I have seen it with my own eyes.

     

    https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/support/account/Tickets-for-Review-5-days-and-older-merged/page/28

    I'm sorry... what?

    What were you expecting them to say?

    -Sorry, we messed it up but we think your case is not worth alocating any resource to it.

    Can we just be a bit less naive?

    Really? Ok, then just list ONE inconsistency.

    I honestly think you are just trolling now.

    That's one souce reps admit they "can't". There are others. On twitter they specifically reply they can't for this particular instance of lost data.

     

    I know they can "give a toon" anything. The "issue" is, "can they give back a toon specifically what they lost so there is no discrepancy". If you've paid attention, the answer is no.

     

    I'm not naive.

     

    I don't believe you've "worked in game development". "Working in the game industry" can mean as a janitor, or cafe food service, or a CEO's chauffer, and that wouldn't help your point.

     

    They do not have a "lack of want or need" to assist those submitting tickets. They simply can't help.

    Of course the company guys are going to say "we can't". What are they going to say, " we won't"? "We don't want to?". Please...

    They can do anything to any toon period, and that's all. If so, they can give any toon specifically anything, period. You are contradicting yourself. What the hell, I can do that with less than 1% of their technology on my computer on Skyrim.

    You may not be, but you do sound naive if you use the company's posts to justify the company's excuses.

    I am not going to give you my professional CV details, but I ll just say I had access to the internal test servers and the QA guys sitting right next to me. And the company was very big, one of the biggest. You can believe it or not, I couldn't care less. 

    And btw, you failed to list one single inconsistency.

     

    Do you have the GM client? No? Then you do not know what they can and can not do with your characters. Anet devs might be able to but handling GM tickets and restoring lost items is not a Dev thing it's an in game support thing.

    I never talked about devs or gms. I am talking about the company. This is why I said they just won't allocate the resources. I guess whoever who had his char borked won't care about who is fixing his stuff as long as it gets fixed.

    What's more I am talking about any company, not this particular one. This is why I said we shouldn't buy their PR crap when they say "we can't" and we should read, instead, "we won't".

  • DeivosDeivos Mountain View, CAPosts: 1,737Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Tardcore

    Oh I completely agree, but as I stated before my main worry why did this happen, could this happen again, and could it happen on a larger and much nastier scale? Becase before this I didn't think it could happen at all. Be nice to know.

    Ah, well to that I would have to answer 'I don't know.'

     

    And that bothers me. I don't like not knowing things. ._.

     

    Best I could say on the matter is again speculate and say that since it has happened once, then it's fair to assume it can happen again and banks entirely on the stability of the server(s) in question. I would have to know the size of the servers that were subject to this crash/rollback before I could make any comment on scale, but assuming it's a populated, but not one of the perpetually full servers, then there could be issues with those ones.

     

    Though on the flipside Anet my have priortized the maintenance of their servers to reduce the liability the overloaded ones have, which in turn may have caused some neglect on the slightly lower pop ones to enable this problem.

     

    So yeah, just a bunch of random speculation, will be fun to see what the proper issue is. :p

     

    EDIT: And Jero, I generally just expect the same service I received in Guild Wars, which I was pretty content with.

    Much of what you said was misnomer. The implied differences between P2P and B2P or F2P doesn't really work when people have already pointed out that other P2P titles like WoW had experienced these same issues in the past. Just like the case for GW2 now, it's never been a universal problem as it's tied to the servers, and unless they all have the same problem at the same time, then only a subset of players get to experience this ckind of issue.

    "The knowledge of the theory of logic has no tendency whatever to make men good reasoners."
    - Thomas B. Macaulay

  • KyleranKyleran Tampa, FLPosts: 19,973Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by halflife25
    Originally posted by Kyleran
    B2P, no monthly sub. You can't expect the same level of customer support as in other titles. Remember in the end all you lost was a little bit of time and some pixels. GW2 is all about having fun and not acquiring items or progression, right?

    I see what you did there ;)

    What?  Just chanting back the party line.  image

    No, serously, losing progression sucks but I still think the lack of sub is a big contributor to the lack of customer support.  I've never gotten good support from a sub free game, be it F2P or even the origina GW1, I played it about 6 months after launch, it wasn't great.

    One annoying thing is that I pay subs in EVE, and the lack of phone support I find annoying, even though they've been pretty good about dealing with issues through support tickets.

     

    In my day MMORPG's were so hard we fought our way through dungeons in the snow, uphill both ways.
    "I don't have one life, I have many lives" - Grunty
    Still currently "subscribed" to EVE, and only EVE!!!
    "This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

  • GeezerGamerGeezerGamer ChairPosts: 5,586Member Uncommon


    Originally posted by Deivos

    Originally posted by Tardcore Oh I completely agree, but as I stated before my main worry why did this happen, could this happen again, and could it happen on a larger and much nastier scale? Becase before this I didn't think it could happen at all. Be nice to know.
    Ah, well to that I would have to answer 'I don't know.'

     

    And that bothers me. I don't like not knowing things. ._.

     

    Best I could say on the matter is again speculate and say that since it has happened once, then it's fair to assume it can happen again and banks entirely on the stability of the server(s) in question. I would have to know the size of the servers that were subject to this crash/rollback before I could make any comment on scale, but assuming it's a populated, but not one of the perpetually full servers, then there could be issues with those ones.

     

    Though on the flipside Anet my have priortized the maintenance of their servers to reduce the liability the overloaded ones have, which in turn may have caused some neglect on the slightly lower pop ones to enable this problem.

     

    So yeah, just a bunch of random speculation, will be fun to see what the proper issue is. :p

     

    EDIT: And Jero, I generally just expect the same service I received in Guild Wars, which I was pretty content with.

    Much of what you said was misnomer. The implied differences between P2P and B2P or F2P doesn't really work when people have already pointed out that other P2P titles like WoW had experienced these same issues in the past. Just like the case for GW2 now, it's never been a universal problem as it's tied to the servers, and unless they all have the same problem at the same time, then only a subset of players get to experience this ckind of issue.



    Yes they do happen in other games, but that's not the issue.
    The issue is customer support. Each time someone says you get what you pay for, someone else brings up the other MMOs and their rollbacks and how the customers got screwed. But that's just not True.

    Now, I've never had a rollback, but I've heard of a couple here and there, the WoW example was over a much broader scope and wasn't considered a customer support issue. I

    Rift was another game that had rollbacks based on a game patch update. Players logged back in and lost up to 5 hrs.

    Where the difference comes in is what happened next. Rift players submitted a ticket and got their stuff/XP back.

  • bingbongbrosbingbongbros Vista, CAPosts: 650Member Uncommon

    I got hit with a rollback too the other night.  I had a client crash and watched tv for a bit.  When I came back my character was not where I had left her and all the items I had bought off the trading post just before the crash were gone.  And the items I had broken down into mats where turned back into item form and the mats were gone.

     

    So yeah, they can roll back.  Or there is a major bug with their programming that rolls you back if you suffer a crash in certain time/places in game

    Playing: Smite, Marvel Heroes
    Played: Nexus:Kingdom of the Winds, Everquest, DAoC, Everquest 2, WoW, Matrix Online, Vangaurd, SWG, DDO, EVE, Fallen Earth, LoTRo, CoX, Champions Online, WAR, Darkfall, Mortal Online, Guild Wars, Rift, Tera, Aion, AoC, Gods and Heroes, DCUO, FF14, TSW, SWTOR, GW2, Wildstar, ESO, ArcheAge
    Waiting On: Nothing. Mmorpg's are dead.

  • someforumguysomeforumguy HomePosts: 3,538Member Uncommon

    This sounds serious. Better post on the official forums imo. There is no one on these forums that can help the OP with this. Anet needs to know that this happens (if they don't already).

    And for people who start about account being hacked. Lol. Why would a hacked account lead to lost (crafting) lvls ?

    EDIT: Just read on official forums that this happened to more players. This was a rollback and they can't do anything about it because apparently the rollback system for characters isn't in place yet or something like that. This really sucks for the people it happened to.

  • XzenXzen Los Alamos, NMPosts: 2,607Member Common
    Originally posted by GeezerGamer

     


    Originally posted by Deivos

    Originally posted by Tardcore Oh I completely agree, but as I stated before my main worry why did this happen, could this happen again, and could it happen on a larger and much nastier scale? Becase before this I didn't think it could happen at all. Be nice to know.
    Ah, well to that I would have to answer 'I don't know.'

     

     

    And that bothers me. I don't like not knowing things. ._.

     

    Best I could say on the matter is again speculate and say that since it has happened once, then it's fair to assume it can happen again and banks entirely on the stability of the server(s) in question. I would have to know the size of the servers that were subject to this crash/rollback before I could make any comment on scale, but assuming it's a populated, but not one of the perpetually full servers, then there could be issues with those ones.

     

    Though on the flipside Anet my have priortized the maintenance of their servers to reduce the liability the overloaded ones have, which in turn may have caused some neglect on the slightly lower pop ones to enable this problem.

     

    So yeah, just a bunch of random speculation, will be fun to see what the proper issue is. :p

     

    EDIT: And Jero, I generally just expect the same service I received in Guild Wars, which I was pretty content with.

    Much of what you said was misnomer. The implied differences between P2P and B2P or F2P doesn't really work when people have already pointed out that other P2P titles like WoW had experienced these same issues in the past. Just like the case for GW2 now, it's never been a universal problem as it's tied to the servers, and unless they all have the same problem at the same time, then only a subset of players get to experience this ckind of issue.


     


    Yes they do happen in other games, but that's not the issue.
    The issue is customer support. Each time someone says you get what you pay for, someone else brings up the other MMOs and their rollbacks and how the customers got screwed. But that's just not True.

    Now, I've never had a rollback, but I've heard of a couple here and there, the WoW example was over a much broader scope and wasn't considered a customer support issue. I

    Rift was another game that had rollbacks based on a game patch update. Players logged back in and lost up to 5 hrs.

    Where the difference comes in is what happened next. Rift players submitted a ticket and got their stuff/XP back.

    In the early days of WoW we couldn't restore items or xp lost due to roll backs. All we could do was tell people we were sorry and then send them a snipit from the TOS that legally covered our behinds. I've been on the recieving end of rollbacks on newer morpgs like FFXIV where they could not restore lost xp and items due to rollbacks. I did not play Rift but if they were able to restore items and xp lost due to rollbacks from day one kudos to them and it does not suprise me. They have had the best launch to date. GW2 has not.

  • MosesZDMosesZD Kirkwood, MOPosts: 1,383Member
    Originally posted by halflife25

    Anyone else? i don't care for xp and levels i can make those quick in W v W but i got some nice loot from chests, completing 100% map etc. 5 to 6 hours of everything i did is gone? no items and all gold i made from TP is also gone.

    All the mats i spent on leveling crafting, are also wasted because even crafting levels are rolled back , i never got my rare mats back.

    I have contected Anet regarding this..not sure if i will get my stuff back. I had some pretty rare skins in my inventory.

    Really frustrated right now. ;(

     

    edit ; people are confusing this with account hacking. Players lost even levels and all other progression due to server out age. So please stop posting 'you got hacked'.

     

     

    EDIT:   After reading the rest of your posts I don't find the story to be credible.

     

  • MosesZDMosesZD Kirkwood, MOPosts: 1,383Member
    Originally posted by Nadia
    Originally posted by neorandom
    Originally posted by Nadia

            GaileGray.9587:
    the account restoration system that would roll-back the entire account is not yet available. I’m very sorry for the loss, and I know we all look forward to being able to help with these issues in the future.

    stop going on suspect webpages and downloading keyloggers because they promise to give god mode in pvp?

    what I posted was ANETs explanation that they have zero support for character restores or rollbacks

     

    if you read the Op, you would know that he lost levels - and was not hacked

     

    how does a hacker make you lose levels ?

     

    I don't even believe the story.    This is some weird, isolated charge of malfeasense and incompetecy that is, on the face of it, unbelievable.

  • GeezerGamerGeezerGamer ChairPosts: 5,586Member Uncommon


    Originally posted by XzenIn the early days of WoW we couldn't restore items or xp lost due to roll backs. All we could do was tell people we were sorry and then send them a snipit from the TOS that legally covered our behinds. I've been on the recieving end of rollbacks on newer morpgs like FFXIV where they could not restore lost xp and items due to rollbacks. I did not play Rift but if they were able to restore items and xp lost due to rollbacks from day one kudos to them and it does not suprise me. They have had the best launch to date. GW2 has not.
    It's not so much Kudos to Trion, as much as it is that the times have changed. You cannot compare situations that happened in the early part of last decade. Technology has evolved tremendously now and what is considered to be industry standard now allows for instant retrieval of lost data. If Trion is using current hardware and operating systems, Virtual Machines, Load Balancing server clustering, SANS and raid 10 set ups, It's not surprising they could do this. So, now the question is, where is ArenaNet in all this. If they are using current industry standards, then for them to say they can't means they don't have the personnel or they are lying. Because the ability to restore is there. Otherwise, they cheaped out on the infrastructure in which case, you can compare incidents from last decade on AAA titles to what is happening with GW2 now.
  • XzenXzen Los Alamos, NMPosts: 2,607Member Common
    Originally posted by MosesZD
    Originally posted by halflife25

    Anyone else? i don't care for xp and levels i can make those quick in W v W but i got some nice loot from chests, completing 100% map etc. 5 to 6 hours of everything i did is gone? no items and all gold i made from TP is also gone.

    All the mats i spent on leveling crafting, are also wasted because even crafting levels are rolled back , i never got my rare mats back.

    I have contected Anet regarding this..not sure if i will get my stuff back. I had some pretty rare skins in my inventory.

    Really frustrated right now. ;(

     

    edit ; people are confusing this with account hacking. Players lost even levels and all other progression due to server out age. So please stop posting 'you got hacked'.

     

     

    EDIT:   After reading the rest of your posts I don't find the story to be credible.

     

    Anet has already said there was an outage and they are unable to restore progression or items lost.

  • abyss404abyss404 Lemont, ILPosts: 67Member Common

    Yup, the OP is indeed correct. I just logged back in for the first time after tonight's issue where masses of people were booted with the firewall warning. Previously to logging out I'd finished mapping and exploring the southern half of Lornar's Pass, I just logged in and about an hour's worth of work has been erased so now I have to redo.

     

    Not crying into my Cheerio's over this or anything but this is ridiculous ANet. I work 50+ a week and have a family, my free time for gaming is rather limited so having to redo any content just pisses me off a bit.

     

    GG ArenaNet.

  • XzenXzen Los Alamos, NMPosts: 2,607Member Common
    Originally posted by GeezerGamer

     


    Originally posted by Xzen

     

    In the early days of WoW we couldn't restore items or xp lost due to roll backs. All we could do was tell people we were sorry and then send them a snipit from the TOS that legally covered our behinds. I've been on the recieving end of rollbacks on newer morpgs like FFXIV where they could not restore lost xp and items due to rollbacks. I did not play Rift but if they were able to restore items and xp lost due to rollbacks from day one kudos to them and it does not suprise me. They have had the best launch to date. GW2 has not.


    It's not so much Kudos to Trion, as much as it is that the times have changed. You cannot compare situations that happened in the early part of last decade. Technology has evolved tremendously now and what is considered to be industry standard now allows for instant retrieval of lost data. If Trion is using current hardware and operating systems, Virtual Machines, Load Balancing server clustering, SANS and raid 10 set ups, It's not surprising they could do this. So, now the question is, where is ArenaNet in all this. If they are using current industry standards, then for them to say they can't means they don't have the personnel or they are lying. Because the ability to restore is there. Otherwise, they cheaped out on the infrastructure in which case, you can compare incidents from last decade on AAA titles to what is happening with GW2 now.

     

    If it is a current industry standard then why were they not able to restore my lost items and xp in FFXIV? How about when it happened to me in AoC? How about WAR? Do I think being as prepared as TRION should be the standard the industry strives to achieve? Hell yes I do. People need to raise hell and let Anet know how much this sucks (which they are). But to act like this is only happening because it's not P2P is going too far. It's a little too soon to be saying that yet.

Sign In or Register to comment.