Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

3 months of my life about to vanish like VAPOR

When Darkfall Unholy wars is released this winter I will be doing nothing but play it until I have to go back to work in the spring. 

Life as I know it will be gone because darkfall is so WFT awesome that I will not have time for regular life.

Time will fly by so fast and it will be so fun that it will be like a time machine.  3 months gone is 60 seconds.

Comments

• BiskopBiskop Member UncommonPosts: 709
    You have three months off in the winter? Sweet, what is your line of work?
  • GaladournGaladourn Member RarePosts: 1,813
    lifeguard?
  • KellerKeller Member UncommonPosts: 602
    human statue?
  • SuperDonkSuperDonk Member UncommonPosts: 759
    Lawn care?
  • gordiflugordiflu Member UncommonPosts: 757

GM? Sorry, I had to do it. XD

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,435
    Originally posted by Galadourn
    lifeguard?

lol,not where he lives, perhaps its in lawn maintenance? image

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• TardcoreTardcore Member Posts: 2,325
    Originally posted by Biskop
    You have three months off in the winter? Sweet, what is your line of work?

He's a Scarecrow.

"Gypsies, tramps, and thieves, we were called by the Admin of the site . . . "

• gravesworngravesworn Member Posts: 324
    I enjoyed the first darkfall alot for a few months. The grind got to me. If they happen to fix a few fundamental flaws I will be playing this game for years.
  • staledalestaledale Member Posts: 4
    Road contruction inspector.  In Alaska.
    well, lifeguard was a bit off then :D
  • UhwopUhwop Member UncommonPosts: 1,791

I love the hype for this game. 

Reminds me of when Darkfall was about to release. 

You would think that when a company says they were better off redeveloping their game then fixing it more people would be a little concerned.  Especially when the redevelopment started about a year after the original release. 

I think it's safe to say that I'm a little more skeptical than the OP.

• tort0429tort0429 Member UncommonPosts: 297
    Originally posted by staledale

When Darkfall Unholy wars is released this winter I will be doing nothing but play it until I have to go back to work in the spring. 

Life as I know it will be gone because darkfall is so WFT awesome that I will not have time for regular life.

Time will fly by so fast and it will be so fun that it will be like a time machine.  3 months gone is 60 seconds.

After reading this I'm reminded of family and friends often asking me the question..."What do you get out of gaming, it's such a waste of time."   Then I'm reminded by post like this that I get more fun out of gaming then most would do out of their own hobbies or playtime.  You ever see a book reader say, '3 months of my life about to vanish like VAPOR'?  Never.   Sport fan.  Never.  Movie fan.  Nope.  Can't think of anyone that said it other then true gamers.   

Gamers rock!!  And we have the best fun doing it.   

I applaud you for enjoying the genre.   

• PieRadPieRad Member Posts: 1,108

I had a good time in DF the first 3 months, despite the bugs, the exploits, the hacks, and the AFK macroing :P

So I might try it, not sure, depends on the other games I got running now, if they last.

Originally posted by Uhwop

You would think that when a company says they were better off redeveloping their game then fixing it more people would be a little concerned.  Especially when the redevelopment started about a year after the original release. 

Df1 was a paid beta all along - or as Tasos Flambouras stated "proof of concept". 

• UhwopUhwop Member UncommonPosts: 1,791
    Originally posted by tort0429
    Originally posted by staledale

After reading this I'm reminded of family and friends often asking me the question..."What do you get out of gaming, it's such a waste of time."   Then I'm reminded by post like this that I get more fun out of gaming then most would do out of their own hobbies or playtime.  You ever see a book reader say, '3 months of my life about to vanish like VAPOR'?  Never.   Sport fan.  Never.  Movie fan.  Nope.  Can't think of anyone that said it other then true gamers.   

Gamers rock!!  And we have the best fun doing it.   

I applaud you for enjoying the genre.   

I've read 1000 page novels over the course of two or three days because they were that good.  The last one was Templar One. 

I used to play basketball anywhere from 4-8 hours a day.  I loved playing so much, especially when I was playing at the college dorm with guys who played on the U of D varsity team -I was in highschool at that time-. 

Movies?  Only time that time doesn't fly by when watching a movie is if it's a bad movie or I'm in an uncomfortable theatre. 

Painting or drawing, it's like I'm not even in the same world anymore.  War could brake out right outside my house, with nukes dropping and everything, I'd be completely oblivious to it.  It's like every part of my brain not needed to paint or draw shuts down, leaving only the part running responcible for art.  I have a nuerological condition that causes me to lose control of my body when I move for to much, yet I'll start painting and 10 hours later I won't have experienced a single twitch, my doctor has no idea why that happens; she thinks it may be something literally to do with the way my brain functions. 

I love games, and I'm a die hard gamer, but your assesment is WAY off.

• indefindef Member UncommonPosts: 344
    Originally posted by gravesworn
    I enjoyed the first darkfall alot for a few months. The grind got to me. If they happen to fix a few fundamental flaws I will be playing this game for years.

The flaws you mention are already fixed

• WhisperXIIIWhisperXIII Member Posts: 33
    Originally posted by Galadourn
    Originally posted by Uhwop

Df1 was a paid beta all along - or as Tasos Flambouras stated "proof of concept". 

I, for one, was happy to play a fully featured "paid beta" for three and a half years straight. Even in "beta", as you call it, it was the best PvP game I've ever touched, and kept me hopelessly addicted to the intensity it offered. The game is highly competitive in its current state and will only become more so after DFUW releases. Don't believe it? Duel someone.

Elyse Leveque - Zealot