Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Blizzard doese it again! Ty World pvp is back

13»

Comments

• SonofSethSonofSeth Member UncommonPosts: 1,884

If anyone from Blizzard actually reads this forum, I just want to say thank you for an awesome feature that makes the world feel alive again. Leveling an alt was not this much fun for years and I would level a lot faster if I didn't run into random PVP every day, that turns into Hunger Games on a regular basis.

Good job Blizzard, this is some serious tech magics and I applaud your efford, keep up the good work.

• XzenXzen Member UncommonPosts: 2,607
    Originally posted by Sukiyaki
    Originally posted by fivoroth

There is one solution for all the people who are unhappy with these changes.

Why do you people roll on a PLAYER vs PLAYER server when you don't want to kill Horde? Blizzard should just offer a free transfer from PvP servers > PvE servers so that all the PvErs can go to their PvE servers and pick daisies and hug teddy bears and play together, GW2 style.

PVE servers >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> this way. Kthnxbye? 

You should tell that to the player of PvE-RP /PvE server who where forcefuly merged with multiple other PvP server player  on a PvP server zone and get flagged on these PvP server against their will (because Blizzard was just stupid and thougtless with the CRZ or just rushed it to get the unfinished and broken system into the game with MOP before the start of Q4 2012 )

They will thank your advice.

Was going to say "If you don't like open world PvP then don't roll on a PvP server" but this pretty much crushed that. Blizzard messed up on this one.

• SirBalinSirBalin Member UncommonPosts: 1,300
    Originally posted by expresso
    Originally posted by fivoroth
    Originally posted by krakra70
    As someone who only enjoys world PvP in MMOs and was completely let down by GW2's WvW, I'm very interested in CRZs and the possibility they might revive world pvp. Are they already implemented on live servers or do we have to wait for MoP? What happens if everyone is on a flying mount and refusing to come down to fight? Please tell me more OP and others who play WoW (I havent played since 2010)

I heard they implemented a hook (or something like that) which basically lets you dismount people off their flying mounts. Which should solve the problem where player x runs away and mounts their flying mounts (I am looking at you druids!).

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/item/86584 - Found it!

WoW had been needing that ever since they added flying mounts, people say battlegrounds killed World PvP I think it was flying mounts.  I still say there should be a cool down on flying mounts limited to 30minuts of flight per day.

I am curious now, is this spike in World PvP just a blip or will it sustain? why are blizzard saying that patch 5.1 is the PvP patch that will bring back the war? Find out soon I guess... exciting times ahead.

BG's and arenas killed owpvp for sure simply because you get so much more from them.  They need to make rewards thatare just as good as the BG and arena rewards in the ow and it would all be fixed.

Incognito
    www.incognito-gaming.us
    "You're either with us or against us"

• sorhiriosorhirio Member Posts: 8

Yes WoW did it again...

They lured back all of the easilly entertainable people for a short time... They changed their clasess yet again, their skills yet again, their Gear yet again and fed the easilly duped individuals yet again on the same thing they sold them in the last update. 

Go Grind again for what you already had, go dungeon hunting and raiding for what you already did... Get bored of it all over again... and then they will make a new expansion and you will do it again.   The funny part is you won't even know your being duped... again... because you fail to realize the RATIO play that they give you just means your still the same as you were 5 years ago just the numbers add another 0 or two.  

When they create a Meaning and Purpose to the game maybe just maybe they might have made a game worthy of playing. 

blah

• eddieg50eddieg50 Member UncommonPosts: 1,809
    Originally posted by Psychow
    Originally posted by eddieg50
    Originally posted by bubaluba
      Oh Great a nine year old vs a seven year old in WOW PvP----wahoooo

Well this nine year old guys get some real good money in arena tournaments what you will never see in your beloved game :) Maybe you ge some old shirt or something like that with red dragon

Oh Great a nine year old who stole money from his parents

Oh great, a six year old posting on the forums wishing she was cool.

Oh great someone named Psycho posting on the forums, psycho's and kids playing wow and posting on the forums , makes sense

• KareliaKarelia Member Posts: 668

Well this nine year old guys get some real good money in arena tournaments what you will never see in your beloved game :) Maybe you ge some old shirt or something like that with red dragon

Oh great someone named Psycho posting on the forums, psycho's and kids playing wow and posting on the forums , makes sense

and what makes you different? you are playing an mmo too, and posting to the forums

• ShadoedShadoed Member UncommonPosts: 1,459
    Originally posted by sorhirio

Yes WoW did it again...

They lured back all of the easilly entertainable people for a short time... They changed their clasess yet again, their skills yet again, their Gear yet again and fed the easilly duped individuals yet again on the same thing they sold them in the last update. 

Go Grind again for what you already had, go dungeon hunting and raiding for what you already did... Get bored of it all over again... and then they will make a new expansion and you will do it again.   The funny part is you won't even know your being duped... again... because you fail to realize the RATIO play that they give you just means your still the same as you were 5 years ago just the numbers add another 0 or two.  

When they create a Meaning and Purpose to the game maybe just maybe they might have made a game worthy of playing. 

....or you could look at it another way and say that they gave people exactly what they have been asking for, for a while now and that is populated low level areas on some of the quieter servers, especially PvP & RP servers.

I have seen complaints about getting ganked on PvP servers, but to be if you are on a PvP server you should be pretty much expecting that but the only other complaint i have heard was from one of my sons who didn't like that there were too many peopel in one of his favourite skinning areas :)

It must be Thursday, i never could get the hang of Thursdays.

• eddieg50eddieg50 Member UncommonPosts: 1,809
    Originally posted by papardelios

and what makes you different? you are playing an mmo too, and posting to the forums

What makes me different?  My name is not Psycho, I am not a kid, kids and teenagers have infiltrated WOW so much as to make it unplayable.  You asked so there you go, just my opinion.

• DigitalLeashDigitalLeash Member UncommonPosts: 30

There seems to be a lot of misinformation for Cross-Realm Zones on these forums. Here is a CRZ 101 from Blizzard themselves, hopefully shining light on those who wish to know http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6679517893?page=1#1.

I would like to point out that CRZ groups realms up based on realm type. So if you're on a PvE realm, you will not be forced to PvP because it simply won't match you up with PvP realms. The same goes for RP realms, you're matched up with other RP realms only.

As for what use CRZ brings. It doesn't matter how many people you have on a server in WoW, sooner or later the majority of players will reach end game and they'll leave the lower level zones barren. This goes for server-merging as well. Say you were to merge every single low/medium pop realm, to the point where only high pop realms remained. It still wouldn't solve the problem of most reaching max and leaving the rest deserted. CRZ solves atleast that issue.

This feature, while not fixing the plague of issues low pop realms have, I feel like its a good first step.

• ghostfaeriesghostfaeries Member UncommonPosts: 89
    Originally posted by Kyleran

Did they improve the rewards for open world PVP?

Otherwise why bother with it? Pointless killing is .....well pointless.

achievements for HKs, ftw. nothing is pointless.

• Hell_HammerHell_Hammer Member Posts: 75

When I played WoW I never needed "rewards" for killing Alliance scum.

It was a reward unto itself!

• FelixMajorFelixMajor Member RarePosts: 865
    Originally posted by tank017
    What's ty world pvp? Cross realm zone? Is this cross server? This thread is making me all sorts of confused

Same here, world pvp doesn't like like anything new or exciting...so I am unsure about what he is bantering about.

Originally posted by Arskaaa
    "when players learned tacticks in dungeon/raids, its bread".

• krakra70krakra70 Member Posts: 122
    I keep seeing that only low level zones will become CRZs. Does that mean wotlk/cata zones won't become CRZs?
  • GravargGravarg Member UncommonPosts: 3,424
    I love it.  As an altoholic, I was almsot finally rid of my addiction, but blizzard has to go and do this, now I'm all addicted again lol.  They're going to be tuning it some.  They're going to make ti so you are only in your time zone of servers, among a few other things.
  • expressoexpresso Member UncommonPosts: 2,218
    I keep seeing that only low level zones will become CRZs. Does that mean wotlk/cata zones won't become CRZs?

Any zone *can* be flagged for CRZ

• krakra70krakra70 Member Posts: 122
    Originally posted by expresso

Any zone *can* be flagged for CRZ

And only zones that are well populated won't be CRZs?

• AntharaAnthara Member Posts: 75

Do you have sex cause its fun or someone reward you in the end?

• theniffrigtheniffrig Member UncommonPosts: 351

CRZ don't include cities. CRZ will not include the new Pandaria zones from level 85-90. CRZ will not include the new Panda starting zone, however multiple "copies" of the zone will be made if your own server has too many people in that zone on launch.

The negative comments from these CRZ come from players who have been invited from say their PVE realm by a real id friend who is from a PVP realm. This results in a person from the PVE realm expecting to see the rules of PVE realms in these zones, but instead gets to PVP rules since they are in their real id pvp friend's realm, not their own PVE realm. Blizzard said that they can't do anything about that so just be aware of what your real id friend's realms are compared to your own.

On that note, PVP realms are only matched with PVP realms CRZ. Same for PVE matched to PVE, RP matched to RP & RPPVP matched to RPPVP.

If players are encountering PVP in these zones, then things are as they should be. You rolled on a PVP realm at the character screen by your own choice and so you knew what you had signed up for. Yes, low level people are & will continue to be ganked by high level players who are going out into the world in search of people to kill now that the world pretty much has people in every zone. Again, if you don't want to face this, then re-roll on a pve server. If you do manage to scrape your way to the level cap , then one day you will be the one that goes out into the world to gank the lowbie zones. In away, these gankers are making you a sort of Batman, so just enjoy it.

CRZ are great, the problems or more competition for resource nodes/rare spawns and quest mobs is being monitored by blizz and increased to meet the demands. So no problem there. Again, you'll only be ganked in pvp if you had signed up for a PVP server, so again no problem there as it was your choice.

• MukeMuke Member RarePosts: 2,614
    Originally posted by Thebigthrill

CRZ is back and awesome,so smart on Blizz part.

Where GW2 fails , were SWTOR fails Blizz pulls something out of their magic hat.

I walked out of Stormwind and guess what? 2, 3 6 players? Nope I stopped counting at 50+ players , so then 

I flew to STV , waste land? 1 or 2 players like Tatooine on SWTOR? nope , ran into 40+ players within 5 minutes of exploring STV.

CRZ is the single best decision Blizzrd has made and its another sword through the heart of the competition.

Learn from this game developers, perfect magic. The world of Azroth is alive again and Im really happy.

Blizzard that desperate to gain new players that they start posting on MMO forums now?

"going into arguments with idiots is a lost cause, it requires you to stoop down to their level and you can't win"

Originally posted by Anthara

Do you have sex cause its fun or someone reward you in the end?

ahahaha nice one :)

• DragonantisDragonantis Member UncommonPosts: 974
    The playerbase doesnt seem to agree, since most the playerbase is screaming in uproar about it. 
  • WicoaWicoa Member UncommonPosts: 1,637
    Originally posted by Dragonantis
    The playerbase doesnt seem to agree, since most the playerbase is screaming in uproar about it. 

I have not seen this scale of complaint and customers argue with each other since realid.  This must be a nightmare for the marketing department for mop.

Originally posted by Hell_Hammer

When I played WoW I never needed "rewards" for killing Alliance scum.

It was a reward unto itself!

very well said lad. very well said!

• ThaneThane Member EpicPosts: 3,534
    Originally posted by Thebigthrill

CRZ is back and awesome,so smart on Blizz part.

Where GW2 fails , were SWTOR fails Blizz pulls something out of their magic hat.

I walked out of Stormwind and guess what? 2, 3 6 players? Nope I stopped counting at 50+ players , so then 

I flew to STV , waste land? 1 or 2 players like Tatooine on SWTOR? nope , ran into 40+ players within 5 minutes of exploring STV.

CRZ is the single best decision Blizzrd has made and its another sword through the heart of the competition.

Learn from this game developers, perfect magic. The world of Azroth is alive again and Im really happy.

troll post.

how could gw2 fail in sth it didnt even try to achieve?

can a car fail at flying?

ps: wow pvp will still be what it used to be. meaningless.

"I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up! Not me!"