Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Diablo 3: Public Test Realm Incoming

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

The Diablo III site has been updated with the news that a public test realm for the game will be forthcoming and that interested players can check out v1.05 before it hits live servers.

Patch 1.0.5 will soon be available for testing on the PTR. Once the PTR is up and ready, we'll enable posting in this forum and the PTR Bug Report forum so you can share your feedback and report any issues you may experience while playing. 

In the meantime, be sure to check out the patch 1.0.5 PTR patch notes and the information below to find out how to set up your PTR account. 

Read the full post on the Diablo III forum.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• nickster29nickster29 Member Posts: 486

The PTR patch notes actually look like an improvement to the game.  

Guess JW must have went on vacation while the rest of the dev team worked on this patch, hah.

• slicknslim88slicknslim88 Member Posts: 394
    These patch notes look pretty good.  Especially that monster tweaker.  Now if only they could get rid of the Auction House entirely, and make the loot drops appropriate it would be able to compete with Torchlight 2.
  • stratasaurusstratasaurus Member Posts: 220
    Originally posted by Gorwe
    Lol!

I click on that link and I get following message:

"This topic has been deleted."

WTF???

I also get that message..they saw people saying it looked like an imporvement to the game and realized they must have the wrong notes up.

• fivorothfivoroth Member UncommonPosts: 3,916
    This patch looks amazing. And it is massive!! Dropped just when I started playing tl2. Coincidence? Oh well I will probably go back to d3 after finishing tl2.

Mission in life: Vanquish all MMORPG.com trolls - especially TESO, WOW and GW2 trolls.

• Xstatic912Xstatic912 Member Posts: 365
    @ fivoroth

Yea, I plan on doing the same thing.. But man is TL2 awesome.. The pacing, map sizes, skills etc and yea there looting drops is much more interesting.. I could be lv 13 and use a level 20 item, that's cool..

All these changes to D3 is lining up for the xpac to be much better than the original, which is similar to what happen in D2..
  • fivorothfivoroth Member UncommonPosts: 3,916
    Originally posted by Xstatic912
    @ fivoroth

Yea, I plan on doing the same thing.. But man is TL2 awesome.. The pacing, map sizes, skills etc and yea there looting drops is much more interesting.. I could be lv 13 and use a level 20 item, that's cool..

All these changes to D3 is lining up for the xpac to be much better than the original, which is similar to what happen in D2..

I am quite happy that there are quite a few ARPGs coming out. D3, TL2 and BL2. This is my favourite game genre and it has been severely lacking in the last few years. Now we are spoilt for choice with 3 very good ARPGs. I will probably play D3 for the PvP and for the item hunting thrills whereas I will play TL2 for the hopefully crazy good mods. Runic released the editor, so we should have a LOT of mods. 

Mission in life: Vanquish all MMORPG.com trolls - especially TESO, WOW and GW2 trolls.

• AcidonAcidon Member UncommonPosts: 796
    Originally posted by fivoroth
    @ fivoroth

I am quite happy that there are quite a few ARPGs coming out. D3, TL2 and BL2. This is my favourite game genre and it has been severely lacking in the last few years. Now we are spoilt for choice with 3 very good ARPGs. I will probably play D3 for the PvP and for the item hunting thrills whereas I will play TL2 for the hopefully crazy good mods. Runic released the editor, so we should have a LOT of mods. 

Don't forget about Path of Exile.  IMO it's the spiritual successor to D2. =)

• ProsonProson Member UncommonPosts: 544
    Originally posted by Acidon
    Originally posted by fivoroth
    @ fivoroth

Don't forget about Path of Exile.  IMO it's the spiritual successor to D2. =)

Yeah, Path of Exile is currently my favorite, D3 was meh, T2 is allright and ill be playing it inbetween the 1 week races in path of exile.

Currently Playing Path of Exile