Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Roll back? gold, items all gone.

Comments

• AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928
    Originally posted by prpshrt
    Wow sorry dude. But nothing seems to have happened to me. Did you open a ticket? Also try contacting em on twitter cause they seem responsive there. Hope stuff works out. 

no one in my guild lost anything and no one I talk to has so far.. I played till about midnight EST last night all progress is here... does suck for anyone that lost some stuff.. luckily this isn't a game based on trying to get .0001% epic drops of mobs though i would be pretty angry if i lost a rare raid drop piece from another game.

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855

Originally posted by Aerowyn
    Originally posted by prpshrt Wow sorry dude. But nothing seems to have happened to me. Did you open a ticket? Also try contacting em on twitter cause they seem responsive there. Hope stuff works out. 
    no one in my guild lost anything and no one I talk to has so far.. I played till about midnight EST last night all progress is here... does suck for anyone that lost some stuff.. luckily this isn't a game based on trying to get .0001% epic drops of mobs though i would be pretty angry if i lost a rare raid drop piece from another game.

Probably because it only impacted one database.

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798
    Originally posted by halflife25

Never heard anything of same magnitude in WOW or LOTRO where due to server outage players lost progression and were told 'hey we can't help you..ok thanks and bye'.

Server rollbacks happened to me many times - especially when a new mmo launches and the server crashes

EQ2 i still see it happen like twice a year, but not sure of the causes

whats different is that usually the rollback is server based  (a specific server crashes)

but for GW2 -- seems like a global effect

• halflife25halflife25 Member Posts: 737
    Originally posted by Aerowyn
    Originally posted by prpshrt
    Wow sorry dude. But nothing seems to have happened to me. Did you open a ticket? Also try contacting em on twitter cause they seem responsive there. Hope stuff works out. 

There are several topics about this on official forums. Two have been locked and third one is on Bug section. However,  there are plenty of rare skins in GW2 and chances are i won't get mine back. Also rare dyes are called rare for a reason. Some players lost those too.

It is not about the stats but some very cool looking skins which disappeared from my inventory. 2 to 3 gold is a pain to make at at mid levels especially if you are crafter and that is also gone for many.

• gordiflugordiflu Member UncommonPosts: 757

All the guys saying "they can't do that, they are unable to do that, they lack the infrastructure", etc.

Please keep in mind that they hold the files and they have the tools. They can do anything to any char at any time, period. They just won't dedicate the resources, don't want to do it or don't have time, but they absolutely CAN do whatever to your char. They, and any company for that matter.

I ve been working for the gaming industry and I have seen it with my own eyes.

• MithrandolirMithrandolir Member UncommonPosts: 1,701

I love thisgame, I really do. I consider it the best mmorpg to launch (from what little I have seen up to mid fifties) post 2001. It's the most fun I've had since Camelot. With that said, this issue nailed me last night. I lost 3 hours of crafting progression, and quite a large percentage of my very limited coin in game. I lost 3 levels (54,55 and 56). All of the mats I had bought are gone, as is the coin I used to buy them with.

When I logged back in and found that I was rolled back, Lion's Arch chat was full of others who were experiancing the same issue.

Now, I still love this game and still think it's the best mmorpg, for me, to launch since 2001. But this shit is for the birds.

• Kaelano1Kaelano1 Member Posts: 375
    Originally posted by gordiflu

All the guys saying "they can't do that, they are unable to do that, they lack the infrastructure", etc.

Please keep in mind that they hold the files and they have the tools. They can do anything to any char at any time, period. They just won't dedicate the resources, don't want to do it or don't have time, but they absolutely CAN do whatever to your char. They, and any company for that matter.

https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/support/account/Tickets-for-Review-5-days-and-older-merged/page/28

I'm sorry... what?

Please keep in mind that they hold the files and they have the tools.

They can do anything to any char at any time, period. They just won't dedicate the resources, don't want to do it or don't have time, but they absolutely CAN do whatever to your char. They, and any company for that matter.

ANET has stated they will offer this support in the near future

we soon will be offering account restorations that will “roll back” an account to its pre-compromise state. The issue will be verified, and the hacker will be tracked and and all account involved in the hack will be closed. Then, when the hacked account is rolled back, the gold is not duped and the economy isn’t damaged.

• halflife25halflife25 Member Posts: 737
    Originally posted by Mithrandolir

I love thisgame, I really do. I consider it the best mmorpg to launch (from what little I have seen up to mid fifties) post 2001. It's the most fun I've had since Camelot. With that said, this issue nailed me last night. I lost 3 hours of crafting progression, and quite a large percentage of my very limited coin in game. I lost 3 levels (54,55 and 56). All of the mats I had bought are gone, as is the coin I used to buy them with.

When I logged back in and found that I was rolled back, Lion's Arch chat was full of others who were experiancing the same issue.

Now, I still love this game and still think it's the best mmorpg, for me, to launch since 2001. But this shit is for the birds.

I am in same position as you and i lost 5 to 6 hours worth of progression. losing rare mats, rare  dyes, 2 gold and some pretty rare skin didn't tick me off as much as their lack of communication.

People are still logging in and realising this slowly. I kep fumbling on official forums, found nothing. I came here for answers.

But surprise..Anet made annoucement on twitter. I guess official forums are usless then.

• MardukkMardukk Member RarePosts: 2,222
    I lost a few weapon skills (on my newly acquired and now gone greatsword).  For me though I only appeared to lose maybe the last hour of progress before the game went down last night at 12:30 eastern.

I suppose it's possible. I didn't consider the human resource. But even still, it's not painting a better picture.
  • TardcoreTardcore Member Posts: 2,325
    Originally posted by Nadia

Please keep in mind that they hold the files and they have the tools.

They can do anything to any char at any time, period. They just won't dedicate the resources, don't want to do it or don't have time, but they absolutely CAN do whatever to your char. They, and any company for that matter.

ANET has stated they will offer this support in the near future

we soon will be offering account restorations that will “roll back” an account to its pre-compromise state. The issue will be verified, and the hacker will be tracked and and all account involved in the hack will be closed. Then, when the hacked account is rolled back, the gold is not duped and the economy isn’t damaged.

Yes this pretains to hacked accounts and will be based on a hack by hack basis. This has nothing to do with a mass loss of data. Not saying this service won't help those individuals as well, but A-net has made no other comments on that situation other than "Sorry we can't help you".

"Gypsies, tramps, and thieves, we were called by the Admin of the site . . . "

• gordiflugordiflu Member UncommonPosts: 757
    Originally posted by Kaelano1

https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/support/account/Tickets-for-Review-5-days-and-older-merged/page/28

I'm sorry... what?

What were you expecting them to say?

-Sorry, we messed it up but we think your case is not worth alocating any resource to it.

Can we just be a bit less naive?

• PaRoXiTiCPaRoXiTiC Member UncommonPosts: 603
    Same happend to me. I was just going for map completion and it rolled back half of the last zone that i had already finished. No big deal just get it done right now.
    Originally posted by PaRoXiTiC
    Same happend to me. I was just going for map completion and it rolled back half of the last zone that i had already finished. No big deal just get it done right now.

I agree I'm not going to jump off a bridge, but they better not let it happen again, with no solution, or they will have a big problem.

It is a big deal, It's a huge deal. What if you acquired you legendary?

• Ice-QueenIce-Queen Member UncommonPosts: 2,483
    I didn't experience a rollback. I was in the middle of mailing a staff to a friend, had just sent it, and when I got back online after the crash she had received it. Everything was still like it was when I had been booted.

What happens when you log off your characters????.....
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFQhfhnjYMk
    Dark Age of Camelot

• tort0429tort0429 Member UncommonPosts: 297
    Originally posted by Tayah
    I didn't experience a rollback. I was in the middle of mailing a staff to a friend and when I got back online after the crash she had received it. Everything was still like it was when I had been booted.

Same here, which is an indication I guess that some were affected and some were not.   I'm not a techy wizard, but maybe it had to do with server clustering and which server you were physically on when the crash happened.

Interesting enough, my account was hacked in eq2 and SOE offered to restore my account back to before the hack.  I never did it but they offered.  Seemed like a nice feature.

Originally posted by Tardcore

Yes this pretains to hacked accounts and will be based on a hack by hack basis. This has nothing to do with a mass loss of data. Not saying this service won't help those individuals as well, but A-net has made no other comments on that situation other than "Sorry we can't help you".

valid concern and no answers yet

https://twitter.com/GuildWars2/status/249391711002955777

@GuildWars2 Will you be addressing how you will prevent that kind of loss in the future? 

• evilastroevilastro Member Posts: 4,270
    Originally posted by bansan
    Last night around 10 PM PST, the servers crashed for about 5 minutes, and I think pretty much everyone on at that time experienced a short rollback. Not fun, but it happens. You really have to laugh at people who think this doesn't happen in other games, or it is because of worse customer service. This happened to me in WOW, LOTRO, and some other crappy f2p games. None of those game offer any, er, roll forward for items or xp. Some did offer 2 times xp for the entire server.

agree - having a sub wont help

Ive experienced the same issue in other sub games

Never heard anything of same magnitude in WOW or LOTRO where due to server outage players lost progression and were told 'hey we can't help you..ok thanks and bye'.

I have had that happen to me in both those games and in EQ2. All three offered bonus experience and/or drops afterwards, but didnt reissue items, gold or experience lost in the crash. Since GW2 doesnt have a sub, there really is no need to compensate players, its just lost time.

For the record I lost about 20% xp and a few waypoints in the GW2 crash.

• tort0429tort0429 Member UncommonPosts: 297
    Originally posted by evilastro
    Last night around 10 PM PST, the servers crashed for about 5 minutes, and I think pretty much everyone on at that time experienced a short rollback. Not fun, but it happens. You really have to laugh at people who think this doesn't happen in other games, or it is because of worse customer service. This happened to me in WOW, LOTRO, and some other crappy f2p games. None of those game offer any, er, roll forward for items or xp. Some did offer 2 times xp for the entire server.

I have had that happen to me in both those games and in EQ2. All three offered bonus experience and/or drops afterwards, but didnt reissue items, gold or experience lost in the crash. Since GW2 doesnt have a sub, there really is no need to compensate players, its just lost time.

Not true about no need to compensate players.  Reason.  If players get pissed off they'll leave the game, will not buy future packs and in the end, loss of revenue to the company.  Satisifed customers stay in game, regardless of sub or not, they need to make money somehow to stay afloat and pisssing off customers and not compensating them, 'in some way' is not smart for business.

Yes time is not worth anything...

They shouldn't get a free pass because there is no sub...give me a break.  I think we will all live but saying this is no big deal because there is no sub is laughable.

• KareliaKarelia Member Posts: 668
    Originally posted by GeezerGamer

i guess once again the answer is: its a game without a sub, so its ok. besides that, you play for fun and not for the items. who cares for a crapy legendary.

i hope some of those gw2 players move to wow so they pass their loot to the rest of us. i think they will play just for the fun, as they say

• evilastroevilastro Member Posts: 4,270
    Originally posted by tort0429

Not true about no need to compensate players.  Reason.  If players get pissed off they'll leave the game, will not by future packs and in the end, loss of revenue to the company.  Satisifed customers stay in game, regardless of sub or not, they need to make money somehow to stay afloat and pisssing off customers and not compensating them, 'in some way' is not smart for business.

What are they going to do? Give everyone who owns the game gems? There are already very few items of worth to buy in the cash shop. It was a few hours, its no worse than forgetting to save on a single player RPG.

• PaRoXiTiCPaRoXiTiC Member UncommonPosts: 603
    Originally posted by papardelios
    Originally posted by GeezerGamer

i guess once again the answer is: its a game without a sub, so its ok. besides that, you play for fun and not for the items. who cares for a crapy legendary.

i hope some of those gw2 players move to wow so they pass their loot to the rest of us. i think they will play just for the fun, as they say

It only rolled back about 45 mins to an hour the OP is exaggerating just a little bit I assume.