Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The CRZ drama shows just what a sad state WoW has become

SendenSenden Member UncommonPosts: 602
I've seen way too many complaints from people regarding the new CRZ ranging from "I choose low pop servers so I can quest in peace and now I can't" to "I can no longer choose when I pvp on a pvp server" and to be honest I could go on. Now CRZs probably need tweaking somewhat to get just right but really.. an MMO developer trying to breathe new life into the open world and to actually make it feel like a real MMORPG again.. only WoW players would consider it a bad thing. I hope there are some people (ghostcrawler I'm looking at you mr old EQ guy you) at the Blizzard development team who feel partially responsible for this weird breed of supposed MMORPG gamer that WoW gave dirty man-birth to.

Comments

• SuperDonkSuperDonk Member UncommonPosts: 759

Great now the players who don't want world pvp can go to the pve servers.

I can care less if they cry about it, in fact I might just go log on to my 85 rogue and start ganking lowbies to convince them to change servers...

• RanyrRanyr Member UncommonPosts: 212
    If they wanted to PvP when they chose they should of rolled PvE and then just did battlegrounds and arenas. They deserve no remorse or pity.
  • Johnie-MarzJohnie-Marz Member UncommonPosts: 865
    I think it's great, tired of ghost town zones. Good for Blizzard for doing this.
  • GravargGravarg Member UncommonPosts: 3,424

PvE servers are better than PvP, because I choose when I want to open world PvP.  I go every once in awhile to orgrimmar with a raid of my friends to remind the orcs who's boss XD  PvE let's you choose to PvP or not.  PvP you have no choice, so ganking insues.  The MMO community as a whole is nothing like it used to be.  You won't find a single guild on any PvP server that is a "police" guild....so you can gank forever and nothing will happen to you...to me that's just not fun.  I guess I outgrew being a 12 year old XD

I like the CRZs myself.   There's more people to play with this way.

• SendenSenden Member UncommonPosts: 602
    Originally posted by SuperDonk

I can care less if they cry about it, in fact I might just go log on to my 85 rogue and start ganking lowbies to convince them to change servers...

Unfortunately I care about it.. because those players won't go to a pve server.. they can't take the heat but refuse to get out of the kitchen and are waiting (inevitably probably) for Blizzard to come to the rescue and save them. It's probably only a matter of time before Blizzard gives people an opt out feature or something so they don't have to worry so much about getting ganked. 

Originally posted by Senden
    Originally posted by SuperDonk

Unfortunately I care about it.. because those players won't go to a pve server.. they can't take the heat but refuse to get out of the kitchen and are waiting (inevitably probably) for Blizzard to come to the rescue and save them. It's probably only a matter of time before Blizzard gives people an opt out feature or something so they don't have to worry so much about getting ganked. 

You need to let it go, why worry about those you seek to discredit? It seems completely and utterly pointless to me.

There is an opt out feature for pve servers, why would Blizzard cave in and make every server that way, you're grasping at straws. Blizzard is not going to piss off a huge percentage of it's players and make every server PVE.
    Originally posted by Gravarg

PvE servers are better than PvP, because I choose when I want to open world PvP.  I go every once in awhile to orgrimmar with a raid of my friends to remind the orcs who's boss XD  PvE let's you choose to PvP or not.  PvP you have no choice, so ganking insues.  The MMO community as a whole is nothing like it used to be.  You won't find a single guild on any PvP server that is a "police" guild....so you can gank forever and nothing will happen to you...to me that's just not fun.  I guess I outgrew being a 12 year old XD

I like the CRZs myself.   There's more people to play with this way.

I agree, Blizzard seems to be implementing  tools to allow players to play together, dungeon finder, raid finder, battle tags, cross realm zones.

• DauntisDauntis Member UncommonPosts: 600
    To me a bigger complaint is the gutting of the skill system... I mean yeah it used to be the same four buttons now it is what two buttons you mash continually?

Help support an artist and gamer who has lost his tools to create and play: http://www.gofundme.com/u63nzcgk

Originally posted by Dauntis
    To me a bigger complaint is the gutting of the skill system... I mean yeah it used to be the same four buttons now it is what two buttons you mash continually?

Less talents but more choice. I like the new system.

• Scypheroth87Scypheroth87 Member Posts: 14

just goes to show u how strong the wow community is....not like GW2 where the developers dont give a fuck they can ban anyone for any reason cuz they can. They controll the fishing pole the players are the fish, you take the bait(game) they can cut your free at any time(ban).

• expressoexpresso Member UncommonPosts: 2,218
    Originally posted by Johnie-Marz
    Originally posted by Dauntis

Less talents but more choice. I like the new system.

Less talents, same amount of skills.  I think some people look at the new talent system and think that is all the skills a players gets, you still get all your class skills but now talents are more like signature skills rather than +1% dps or +3s duration on a skill etc.

Originally posted by Sukiyaki

If Blizzard "cared" about population issue they would take their 100 least populated server and merge them into 3 or 4 highly populated server. Dont even bother to repeat the PR bull**** how already "2 server merged would be full". Thats so blatantly false it hurts when some people actually believe it. At best some few renaming conflicts will occur.  Yet 100% benefit of a merge. Not gamebreaking issues like with the CRZ with hardly any benefits other than a few people more that may be group up with your for grinding one or another quest.

But realising the direly needed servermerges would cost them reputation! Admit of defeat and the otherwise long evident decline of WoWs population.

If Blizzard "cared" about population issue they rebuild their weak *** archaic game engine and make it not  slow down serverwide or crash as 400-500 player in a area or go into its knees at 3.5k player online and upgrade it to at least +2008 standards. There are MMORPGs in releasing the next year capable to host more than 10 times the amount of player as WoW and 3-5 times the number of player in a single area. With a fraction of the budget WoW has.

But that would cost a lot of money and might cut their profits!

I am playing on one of the least populated servers, it is fine at max level, never had a problem. The problem is when leveling. The low level zones are dead. That is what makes CRZ's perfect. The lvl 85 zones don't need merging, but the low level zones are dead.

Good for Blizzard for finding a solution to this. 

• GhavriggGhavrigg Member RarePosts: 1,308

The CRZ is the  main reason I am even considering hopping back onto WoW for the first time in a year and a half, as well as buying MoP. I doubt it'll hold my interest in the long-term, but it'll be much better than wandering around for hours and seeing maybe 1 or 2 others.

If the game doesn't feel alive, then the game feels dead. If the game feels dead, I lose interest in playing. Simple as that. This is a big step forward.

People need to stop blaming Blizzard or the game for their own anti-social behavior -- which definitely seems to be the root of the complaints.

• GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855

Originally posted by Johnie-Marz
    Originally posted by Gravarg PvE servers are better than PvP, because I choose when I want to open world PvP.  I go every once in awhile to orgrimmar with a raid of my friends to remind the orcs who's boss XD  PvE let's you choose to PvP or not.  PvP you have no choice, so ganking insues.  The MMO community as a whole is nothing like it used to be.  You won't find a single guild on any PvP server that is a "police" guild....so you can gank forever and nothing will happen to you...to me that's just not fun.  I guess I outgrew being a 12 year old XD   I like the CRZs myself.   There's more people to play with this way.
    I agree, Blizzard seems to be implementing  tools to allow players to play together, dungeon finder, raid finder, battle tags, cross realm zones.

Wait. Blizzard did something that brings the "MM" back into their MMO and you are complaining that it worked?

• HricaHrica Member UncommonPosts: 1,129

I think blizz has made billions of this game so I think it should go FTP ...with a cosmetic cash shop like GW2

Really, I would like to play but being head of a family and having a recuring  subs is a pain in my wallet....

• Hell_HammerHell_Hammer Member Posts: 75

Playing an MMO and choosing a low pop server so you don't meet people...that's a rather strange paradox.

If you don't want open world PvP, go to a PvE server. If you don't want to meet people and play something like an MMO go play Kingdoms of Amalur.

People obviously forget what it used to be like about 6 or 7 years ago, when it was actually *gasp* dangerous and...unpredictable....and dare I say thrilling to move around contested areas.

It was part of the immersion and after all it's called World of Warcraft not World of Let'sAllGetAlongCraft.

Come to think of it, most people who are now complaining about these things probably never even played WoW when questing was like that.

• WicoaWicoa Member UncommonPosts: 1,637
    I dont like CRZ period I made a whole other thread about it.
  • Lazarus71Lazarus71 Member UncommonPosts: 1,081
    This is great news indeed, World PvP was what I loved about WoW, being ganked and all. Some of my best memories are the battles in TM/SS and getting some people together in STV to kick some gankers ass. I mean that's why I rolled on a pvp server at launch and never looked back.

No signature, I don't have a pen

• DarLorkarDarLorkar Member UncommonPosts: 1,082

I think it is a stupid idea for ALL servers.. PVP sure make them more active. But just adds drama and problems for PVE servers.

After a little thought.. i would bet this is what Titan is going to use. And WOW is the test bed.

Originally posted by DarLorkar

I think it is a stupid idea for ALL servers.. PVP sure make them more active. But just adds drama and problems for PVE servers.

After a little thought.. i would bet this is what Titan is going to use. And WOW is the test bed.

Thats an interesting after thought you got thar.

As a concept CRZ could and would work in group heavy games it would actually be a delight with a larger world and mobs to farm in that group.

In a single person levelling game which is what levelling in wow really is. Its a disaster.

Originally posted by Wicoa

As a concept CRZ could and would work in group heavy games it would actually be a delight with a larger world and mobs to farm in that group.

In a single person levelling game which is what levelling in wow really is. Its a disaster.

Just curious did you even play WoW at launch or on a pvp server. Sounds to me like CRZ is trying to bring back what a lot of the players loved about WoW and pvp servers in the first place, as in some actual life in the open world and not just the lobby game it has become.

• LolusLolus Member UncommonPosts: 29
    CRZ is a buggy mess, good they eventually disabled it until it actually works. Merging servers would be best option anyway
    Originally posted by Lolus
    CRZ is a buggy mess, good they eventually disabled it until it actually works. Merging servers would be best option anyway

Well that's to bad, you would have thought they would have tested CRZ extensively before adding it.

Though I have not subbed for years I do agree that server merges would seem to be a better move. Anyone have any insight as to why they are not going that route?

Edit: Unless they don't want to mess with server population because of an expected large influx of players for MoP.

Originally posted by Lazarus71
    Originally posted by Wicoa

Just curious did you even play WoW at launch or on a pvp server. Sounds to me like CRZ is trying to bring back what a lot of the players loved about WoW and pvp servers in the first place, as in some actual life in the open world and not just the lobby game it has become.

Hey laz.

Yes I played wow at launch, I started on an RP server and then later moved while still in vanilla to a pvp server, since the start of cata though I started fresh on a pve realm and honestly right now I thank the stars I did cause I would be even more upset than I am.

The problem is there is something gamers call "realm pride" with CRZ it has compounded the lobby game.  The whole thing is a lobby now with CRZ the only part left of a realm server world is the AH, the guilds and the city chat.  That is it.  I think its a step too far into lobbyenism.  If they rreeaallyy wanted to get people talking again, they could have just removed dungeon and raid finder.  Though personally I like those tools and I have a guild that I enjoy playing with and I chat to people I randomly find across the world.

Currently there are so many bugs with CRZ it should have been beta'd more for example you cannot put someone from another realm in the CRZ on ignore.  There is significant increased lag and apparently disconnects.  Your guild offline online people phase in and out, while they are still online. Some zones you cannot even quest in and this fault happens at random.  There are more poblems than this, most of them gave been posted on the US forums, the EU ones are just a mess right now.

The most negative thing about this whole thing is that it hasn't given players choice and thats what gaming should be about expanding the systems horizontally and giving players the tools for them to play with, themselves.  It would be better if we had 5 server shards to choose from for each zone so if one is full we can try an empty one etc.

They have forced the players into the worst part of a lobby game with no place to call home except the safe city zone.  I call that a mess.  This system was supposed to help low pop servers and is so misguided that it causes more problems than it fixes. Simple server mergers would have been the logical and correct response.