Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Roll back? gold, items all gone.

Comments

• TardcoreTardcore Member Posts: 2,325
    Originally posted by GeezerGamer

Originally posted by Tardcore
    Guild Wars 2 ?@GuildWars2";Due to the nature of the outage, we will be unable to restore any progression or items. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience ."

How amazingly fucking unprofessional. I could understand this happening in an MMO several years ago, but not now days, especially not in an AAA title.

. . . . Huh. One of my mates just informed me that he's seen this happen before in GW1 as well. Oooo K. Good job A-net. I had a generally positive outlook on your company until this horse shit.

Hey Geezer, shove over, I just may be joining you in Rift.

Why are you bringing me into this? You keep posing like that and people are going to think I'm not a fan of this game.

Well its too late to fix that anyway as apperently if you don't go around tongue kissing this game's holy ring all the time you can only be classified as a hater. Hallelujah.

"Gypsies, tramps, and thieves, we were called by the Admin of the site . . . "

• halflife25halflife25 Member Posts: 737

And what is even more sad is that players are getting flamed by fans as usual for bringing up this issue which ends up in topics getting locked. Notice how things are going fine till fans start with their flames as usual... ;(

https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/game/gw2/Just-lost-about-30-minutes-of-progress/first#post213679

https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/game/gw2/Rollbacks/first#post213637

This is the best strategy. Flame the OP and get the topics locked.

Originally posted by Amjoco
    Originally posted by Kyleran
    B2P, no monthly sub. You can't expect the same level of customer support as in other titles. Remember in the end all you lost was a little bit of time and some pixels. GW2 is all about having fun and not acquiring items or progression, right?

Over $1300 for WoW subscription the last several years is not worth the support I got out of them. I know one time I spent over an hour in queue on the phone trying to get my account back, and that was just one episode.

You are right, it is about having fun and I think once the dust settles the support will be fine at ArenaNet. Currently they may be a bit busy! :)

Well they've already said they can't do anything for the people that lost progress so its not a matter of busy in this case but a matter of inability.

• GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855

Originally posted by Amjoco Originally posted by Kyleran B2P, no monthly sub. You can't expect the same level of customer support as in other titles. Remember in the end all you lost was a little bit of time and some pixels. GW2 is all about having fun and not acquiring items or progression, right?
    Over $1300 for WoW subscription the last several years is not worth the support I got out of them. I know one time I spent over an hour in queue on the phone trying to get my account back, and that was just one episode. You are right, it is about having fun and I think once the dust settles the support will be fine at ArenaNet. Currently they may be a bit busy! :)  
    Well they've already said they can't do anything for the people that lost progress so its not a matter of busy in this case but a matter of inability.

it's because they have a piss poor infrastructure set up. Someone joked about recycling old servers CoX servers, But now, I'm not sure.

If you have a database failure where you can only restore to a point, It probably means they have their transaction logs being written on the same servers as the database itself. So yeah, It took about 30 minutes to restore from backup bu they lost the transactions in between the point of failure and the last incremental backup.

Pathetic.

• TwoThreeFourTwoThreeFour Member UncommonPosts: 2,155
    Originally posted by Clocksimus
    2012 and they can't restore characters? What other basic tools that the players normally don't get to see, did they just leave out of production?  I am at a loss for how anyone can think this would be acceptable.  I guess they really don't care about people after the initial box sale which they already got?

Elementary protection against movement speed hack and teleport hack (protection that many F2P Asian MMOs do have); see http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/365366/Bots-Bots-Bots-PART-DEUX.html.

So yeah, they did indeed take certain shortcuts.

• AmjocoAmjoco Member UncommonPosts: 4,860
    B2P, no monthly sub. You can't expect the same level of customer support as in other titles. Remember in the end all you lost was a little bit of time and some pixels. GW2 is all about having fun and not acquiring items or progression, right?

Over $1300 for WoW subscription the last several years is not worth the support I got out of them. I know one time I spent over an hour in queue on the phone trying to get my account back, and that was just one episode.

You are right, it is about having fun and I think once the dust settles the support will be fine at ArenaNet. Currently they may be a bit busy! :)

Meh, which leads me back to wanting my $1300 back. It is like insurance. Here Blizzard, in case shit happens, I will pay you a sub fee. 

But yes, in this case though, inability has nothing really to do with the lack of customer support, it is just something that can't be fixed in the system. 

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.

• PixilatedPixilated Member UncommonPosts: 30

Ya , I got hit with about a 3 hour rollback when I logged back in

after being booted, 3hrs -meh.. good thing it was'nt 3 days,

that would suck- I just redid all, and got better drops too !

For most part G2 has been pretty stable and solid, tech. issue's

rise, just gotta keep playing and have faith in thier abilities

to solving it on the fly as well.

• KareliaKarelia Member Posts: 668

you can question if the wow deserves to pay a sub for, but you cant question about their support. its by far the best around either you admit it or not. at least compared with the games i have played (eq1-eq2-gw1-gw2-war-rift-swtor).

i have restore not only items and gold from hacked acc, but also chars i have deleted more than 2 years ago.

• bansanbansan Member Posts: 367
    Last night around 10 PM PST, the servers crashed for about 5 minutes, and I think pretty much everyone on at that time experienced a short rollback.

Not fun, but it happens. You really have to laugh at people who think this doesn't happen in other games, or it is because of worse customer service. This happened to me in WOW, LOTRO, and some other crappy f2p games. None of those game offer any, er, roll forward for items or xp.

Some did offer 2 times xp for the entire server.

• hikaru77hikaru77 Member UncommonPosts: 1,123
    I thought this was the best MMO of the history, not even a month and gw2 is already full of bots, hackers and new problems everyday, maybe thats why is a B2P and why people will keep playing P2P MMOs. be ready for huge population drop in a few days with MoP.

Meh, which leads me back to wanting my $1300 back. It is like insurance. Here Blizzard, in case shit happens, I will pay you a sub fee. 

But yes, in this case though, inability has nothing really to do with the lack of customer support, it is just something that can't be fixed in the system. 

Yeah and I find that more than a bit of an absurd issue in an modern AAA title. Espeically when even games several years old have backups in place to prevent this kind of issue (even totally FTP games, so subscription based gaming has fuck all do with it).

In fact the last game I remember personally seeing rollbacks in was shadowbane. And even then that was after it had been FTP for over a year and was not in the best of shape.

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798
    Originally posted by bansan
    Last night around 10 PM PST, the servers crashed for about 5 minutes, and I think pretty much everyone on at that time experienced a short rollback. Not fun, but it happens. You really have to laugh at people who think this doesn't happen in other games, or it is because of worse customer service. This happened to me in WOW, LOTRO, and some other crappy f2p games. None of those game offer any, er, roll forward for items or xp. Some did offer 2 times xp for the entire server.

agree - having a sub wont help

Ive experienced the same issue in other sub games

• Kaelano1Kaelano1 Member Posts: 375
    Last night around 10 PM PST, the servers crashed for about 5 minutes, and I think pretty much everyone on at that time experienced a short rollback. Not fun, but it happens. You really have to laugh at people who think this doesn't happen in other games, or it is because of worse customer service. This happened to me in WOW, LOTRO, and some other crappy f2p games. None of those game offer any, er, roll forward for items or xp. Some did offer 2 times xp for the entire server.

Right. Everything new with 8-year-old technology is excusable. Maybe someone should re-market pong.

Originally posted by Nadia

You know I never did and honestly don't remember ever seeing a thread made about it here in all the time I've been kicking around this site.

• ClocksimusClocksimus Member Posts: 354

And in other sub games if you lost something important to you in that rollback, you were able to have it returned do you as they have logs and restoration  systems in place. ANET and GW2 is not the same. You can not have characters or items restored no matter the cause because they do not have such a system in place in the event of lost data.

The problem isn't that it happened.  The problem is that they can't do anything about it.  How can people have faith they will fix it? They admitted already they can't do a damn thing about it?

• halflife25halflife25 Member Posts: 737

Never heard anything of same magnitude in WOW or LOTRO where due to server outage players lost progression and were told 'hey we can't help you..ok thanks and bye'.

• KostKost Member CommonPosts: 1,975
    Originally posted by hikaru77
    I thought this was the best MMO of the history, not even a month and gw2 is already full of bots, hackers and new problems everyday, maybe thats why is a B2P and why people will keep playing P2P MMOs. be ready for huge population drop in a few days with MoP.

[mod edit]

I'll continue to play GW2, and so will anyone else who is a serious PvPer. The scrubs and tryhards will jump to MoP hoping they can get back to "pwning" in a game where gear is 75% of the determining factor in who emerges victorious. All the best to them, don't let the door hit you on the way out imho.

Not sure why you guys seem to think MoP is going to be so damn hot, it's just more of the same old content, with even more dumbing down of the mechanics and gameplay than we saw with Cata.

GW2 has MoP beaten in every possible way in terms of entertainment value.

PS: No, I was not rolled back.

• CastillleCastillle Member UncommonPosts: 2,679

ANET has no support for rollbacks - doubt the Op got rolled back

commentary about why no character restores or rollbacks yet

https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/support/account/Tickets-for-Review-5-days-and-older-merged/page/28
    GaileGray

Galadeon.6513:

GaileGray.9587:

No we are unable to restore gold. It’s simply not something that we have the tools to do, and the account restoration system that would roll-back the entire account is not yet available. I’m very sorry for the loss, and I know we all look forward to being able to help with these issues in the future.

Sad, very sad that your programmers would not put this BASIC MMO functionality into the game. There should be a plan in place to help people that get hacked.
        Note to game makers – make sure that your future CS has the tools it needs to help people.
        #NotAAAservice

You may not be aware, but spawning gold and handing it out like cupcakes — even if “basic MMO functionality” — isn’t good for a game’s economy. If you lose a dollar, the government doesn’t print up and hand you another one — that would cause huge inflation.

To address the issue of hacked account, we soon will be offering account restorations that will “roll back” an account to its pre-compromise state. The issue will be verified, and the hacker will be tracked and and all account involved in the hack will be closed. Then, when the hacked account is rolled back, the gold is not duped and the economy isn’t damaged.

They may not support rollbacks but I remember the servers going down before and when it came back up it was rolled back a few minutes.  Not that I minded though since it rolled back after I opened like 90 unidentified dyes and didnt get black or abyss...I got it after the rollback though on my 2nd try at using them! @_@

''/\/\'' Posted using Iphone bunni
    ( o.o)
    (")(")
    **This bunny was cloned from bunnies belonging to Gobla and is part of the Quizzical Fanclub and the The Marvelously Meowhead Fan Club**

• tort0429tort0429 Member UncommonPosts: 297
    Originally posted by halflife25

Yeah that is exactly what i told them that my character levels and crafting levels are also reset. I am 100% sure i wasn't hacked. Hackers won't just take all the items and gold from last 6 hours and leave the rest.

It is as if what ever i did before last client crash didn't count.

this is a long shot - but maybe the gw2.dat file got corrupted?

could try renaming that file and redownloading it again,    wouldnt hurt

An intelligent response, no matter how much a long shot, is quite refreshing to read.

Thanks.

Last night around 10 PM PST, the servers crashed for about 5 minutes, and I think pretty much everyone on at that time experienced a short rollback.Not fun, but it happens. You really have to laugh at people who think this doesn't happen in other games, or it is because of worse customer service. This happened to me in WOW, LOTRO, and some other crappy f2p games. None of those game offer any, er, roll forward for items or xp.Some did offer 2 times xp for the entire server.

If those databases and SQL transaction files were located in a SAN each associated with their own spindles, and the servers were set up with RAID 10, it's probably much less likely to happen. Short of site damage to fire or flood or some such disaster.

You want a reduced rate game, you are going to experience cut corners.

Originally posted by Castillle

ANET has no support for rollbacks - doubt the Op got rolled back

commentary about why no character restores or rollbacks yet

https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/support/account/Tickets-for-Review-5-days-and-older-merged/page/28
    GaileGray

Galadeon.6513:

GaileGray.9587:

No we are unable to restore gold. It’s simply not something that we have the tools to do, and the account restoration system that would roll-back the entire account is not yet available. I’m very sorry for the loss, and I know we all look forward to being able to help with these issues in the future.

Sad, very sad that your programmers would not put this BASIC MMO functionality into the game. There should be a plan in place to help people that get hacked.
        Note to game makers – make sure that your future CS has the tools it needs to help people.
        #NotAAAservice

You may not be aware, but spawning gold and handing it out like cupcakes — even if “basic MMO functionality” — isn’t good for a game’s economy. If you lose a dollar, the government doesn’t print up and hand you another one — that would cause huge inflation.

To address the issue of hacked account, we soon will be offering account restorations that will “roll back” an account to its pre-compromise state. The issue will be verified, and the hacker will be tracked and and all account involved in the hack will be closed. Then, when the hacked account is rolled back, the gold is not duped and the economy isn’t damaged.

They may not support rollbacks but I remember the servers going down before and when it came back up it was rolled back a few minutes.  Not that I minded though since it rolled back after I opened like 90 unidentified dyes and didnt get black or abyss...I got it after the rollback though on my 2nd try at using them! @_@

LOL! Oh you dirty sploiter you.image

Off topic but speaking of sploiters my toon is currently standing in the newbie human zone on Jade Quarry watching a ranger named Olistair teleport hack all over the area. Sad days.

• TwoThreeFourTwoThreeFour Member UncommonPosts: 2,155
    Originally posted by Kost
    Originally posted by hikaru77

MoP is a steaming load of shit, have fun with that.

I'll continue to play GW2, and so will anyone else who is a serious PvPer. The scrubs and tryhards will jump to MoP hoping they can get back to "pwning" in a game where gear is 75% of the determining factor in who emerges victorious. All the best to them, don't let the door hit you on the way out imho.

Not sure why you guys seem to think MoP is going to be so damn hot, it's just more of the same old content, with even more dumbing down of the mechanics and gameplay than we saw with Cata.

GW2 has MoP beaten in every possible way in terms of entertainment value.

PS: No, I was not rolled back.

Serious PvPers play popular and developed E-sport games for the fame and money.  GW2's Structured PvP does not qualify as a such, yet.

• Kaelano1Kaelano1 Member Posts: 375
    Originally posted by tort0429
    Originally posted by halflife25

Yeah that is exactly what i told them that my character levels and crafting levels are also reset. I am 100% sure i wasn't hacked. Hackers won't just take all the items and gold from last 6 hours and leave the rest.

It is as if what ever i did before last client crash didn't count.

this is a long shot - but maybe the gw2.dat file got corrupted?

could try renaming that file and redownloading it again,    wouldnt hurt

An intelligent response, no matter how much a long shot, is quite refreshing to read.

Thanks.

That is not an intelligent response. It's an attempt to be helpful, but it has nothing to do with anything. You don't understand this. All info on character progression is server-side. It doesn't matter if your gpu melts a hole to china, it won't reset your position in the game.

• prpshrtprpshrt Member Posts: 258
    Wow sorry dude. But nothing seems to have happened to me. Did you open a ticket? Also try contacting em on twitter cause they seem responsive there. Hope stuff works out. 

[mod edit]