Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Roll back? gold, items all gone.

Comments

• DibdabsDibdabs Member RarePosts: 3,203
    [mod edit]
  • Kaelano1Kaelano1 Member Posts: 375

Looks like it's happening to other people, too.

https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/game/gw2/Just-lost-about-30-minutes-of-progress

Since they announced they "just don't have the tech to do this", it's hardware failure.

• Domy1Domy1 Member UncommonPosts: 46

I have had the same problem but not to as much degree

My client still crashes A LOT and after relogging do find vistas and waypoints I know I have visited showing as not.  I get an indication when looking at map or TP and the area in the frame is just yellow and blue kinda like its just a window onto my desktop screen.  Seeing this I can still continue to play the game with no graphical issues but the next time I teleport to a waypoint either through death or choice then the client will crash. I assume the connetion to server is lost and not updating but why it allows me to continue playing? dunno

Could you have earned these missing achievments/gold that was lost in 1 play session or is it accumulation over many days that was lost?

• halflife25halflife25 Member Posts: 737
    Originally posted by Kaelano1

Looks like it's happening to other people, too.

https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/game/gw2/Just-lost-about-30-minutes-of-progress

Since they announced they "just don't have the tech to do this", it's hardware failure.

Thanks, good to know i am not alone. And i guess i am not getting anything back even though problem s from Anet side. 

;(

• ClocksimusClocksimus Member Posts: 354
    2012 and they can't restore characters? What other basic tools that the players normally don't get to see, did they just leave out of production?  I am at a loss for how anyone can think this would be acceptable.  I guess they really don't care about people after the initial box sale which they already got?

From Twitter.

Due to the nature of the outage, we will be unable to restore any progression or items. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience .” ^MK

And not a word on official forums, even after all the outcry by community when TP was down to please make such annoucements on official forums first.

No wonder i couldn't find any information because i don't use twitter.

• teotiusteotius Member UncommonPosts: 100
    Rollback, u can call it by other name too "hacked".
    Originally posted by teotius
    Rollback, u can call it by other name too "hacked".

For God sake read before you say 'hacked'. Levels were also reset. Hackers can not do that. I already posted what Anet had to say about it on Twitter.

• TardcoreTardcore Member Posts: 2,325

Guild Wars 2 ‏@GuildWars2

"Due to the nature of the outage, we will be unable to restore any progression or items. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience ."

How amazingly fucking unprofessional. I could understand this happening in an MMO several years ago, but not now days, especially not in an AAA title.

. . . . Huh. One of my mates just informed me that he's seen this happen before in GW1 as well. Oooo K. Good job A-net. I had a generally positive outlook on your company until this horse shit.

Hey Geezer, shove over, I just may be joining you in Rift.

"Gypsies, tramps, and thieves, we were called by the Admin of the site . . . "

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441
    Originally posted by Nadia

.... The issue will be verified, and the hacker will be tracked and and all account involved in the hack will be closed. Then, when the hacked account is rolled back, the gold is not duped and the economy isn’t damaged.

I like that part, that means anyone buying the gold will be banned as well. Lets hope that finally kills people lust to buy stolen gold so we get rid of most of the hacks and spams.

Originally posted by Tardcore

Guild Wars 2 ‏@GuildWars2

"Due to the nature of the outage, we will be unable to restore any progression or items. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience ."

How amazingly fucking unprofessional. I could understand this happening in an MMO several years ago, but not now days, especially not in an AAA title.

. . . . Huh. One of my mates just informed me that he's seen this happen before in GW1 as well. Oooo K. Good job A-net. I had a generally positive outlook on your company until this horse shit.

Hey Geezer, shove over, I just may be joining you in Rift.

You are not the only one who is shocked. In 2012 for AAA MMO how can you not have the infrastructure for this? server outage was from Anet side, it is not players fault now is it?

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

..... Good job A-net. I had a generally positive outlook on your company until this horse shit....

You do know that people can read your history and earlier posts, right?

You been nothing but complaining for a long time now (even if you actually at least bought the game and played it unlike many others here). 

• possessed1possessed1 Member UncommonPosts: 36
    Anet's CS sounds pretty rude and ineffective. Soooooo glad I waited, and didn't buy this yet. Think I'll give 'em a bit more time to get their crap together before buying (if ever)
    Originally posted by Loke666

..... Good job A-net. I had a generally positive outlook on your company until this horse shit....

You been nothing but complaining for a long time now (even if you actually at least bought the game and played it unlike many others here). 

Yes I do know this, and I've said on numerous occasions that I feel GW2 is a decent and well built game, but that I will still crtitique what I feel they could have done better. Also if you look back you might notice my major complaints (outside the one about their anti-goldseller features that I feel impact the quality of the game for the honest player) have been with how the GW2 community has overblown this game into something its not, and not the game itself. [mod edit]

• ClocksimusClocksimus Member Posts: 354
    Originally posted by halflife25

From Twitter.

Due to the nature of the outage, we will be unable to restore any progression or items. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience .” ^MK

And not a word on official forums, even after all the outcry by community when TP was down to please make such annoucements on official forums first.

Am i the only one that finds it  rather stupid how they post  their news and info on other sources before their own website?  If they posted it both at the same time so that you can see it on twitter or on the site, that is fine.  Why do people have to use twitter to get info on their game? Was twitter in the  required or recommend specs for GW2? lol

Originally posted by Clocksimus

From Twitter.

Am i the only one that finds it  rather stupid how they post  their news and info on other sources before their own website?  If they posted it both at the same time so that you can see it on twitter or on the site, that is fine.  Why do people have to use twitter to get info on their game? Was twitter in the  required or recommend specs for GW2? lol

Because its a pre-exisiting and well known social media hub that they don't have to pay a cent to use or maintain. I personally loathe twitter (mainly because I see it as nothing better than someones personal internet tourettes simulator) but I can see the finanacial and pop culture appeal of using it for companies that create internet based products.

• VorchVorch Member UncommonPosts: 793
    Originally posted by Loke666

lol, you beat me to it.

However, a broken clock is right twice a day.  ANet needs to get their tech together...I have personally not faced any of these problems, but apparently some people have.

They have their priorities straight (Security, Bug fixes, then improvement), but they simply need to move faster.

"As you read these words, a release is seven days or less away or has just happened within the last seven days— those are now the only two states you’ll find the world of Tyria."...Guild Wars 2

• camiacamia Member Posts: 18
    Originally posted by Clocksimus

From Twitter.

While there are financial incentives to use another service, when the servers were offline the forums were off for a number of people as well, including the person who was posting on twitter on GW2's behalf. It's a more stable service for communication.

From the '90s, raised on '80s, better deal with Golden Girls references!

• BigdavoBigdavo Member UncommonPosts: 1,863

Reminds me of the D3 'Hah! we already got your money' mentality.

This would never happen in a sub-based MMO, just sayin...

O_o o_O

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    B2P, no monthly sub. You can't expect the same level of customer support as in other titles. Remember in the end all you lost was a little bit of time and some pixels. GW2 is all about having fun and not acquiring items or progression, right?

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

Originally posted by Kyleran
    B2P, no monthly sub. You can't expect the same level of customer support as in other titles. Remember in the end all you lost was a little bit of time and some pixels. GW2 is all about having fun and not acquiring items or progression, right?

I see what you did there ;)

• NaralNaral Member UncommonPosts: 748
    Originally posted by Bigdavo

Reminds me of the D3 'Hah! we already got your money' mentality.

This would never happen in a sub-based MMO, just sayin...

Yep. Without the sub structure there is far less financial motivation to run a rigorous customer service program. Even if they crapped all over their patrons, most who had some fun will still pick up the next xpack.  You know it, I know it, and certainly any dev company knows it.

I am not saying they are not trying, and not doing their best, or that they do not want to put out a quality product, but they, like any company, have limited resources, and they will spend them in a way that makes the most sense. I would venture a guess that rolling back 100s or 1000s, or maybe tens of 1000s of accounts is not a quick process when you *do* have the infrastructure in place, especially if you are going to investigate each one. You can forget about it completely when the tools are not even there on the dev side (apparently).

So yeah, no issues here. Having fun with the game, but I am not expecting to be treated uber well given the model of game. I expect, like any service, I will get what I paid for. A good game, without a ton of support for the individual customer. In the cost benefit analysis, it is just too expensive to help all the individuals that make up the masses, when you have most, if not all of the income you are going to recieve from them.

Maybe they will sell "hack" or Roll Back insurance policies? ;-)

• GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855

Guild Wars 2 ?@GuildWars2";Due to the nature of the outage, we will be unable to restore any progression or items. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience ." How amazingly fucking unprofessional. I could understand this happening in an MMO several years ago, but not now days, especially not in an AAA title.. . . . Huh. One of my mates just informed me that he's seen this happen before in GW1 as well. Oooo K. Good job A-net. I had a generally positive outlook on your company until this horse shit. Hey Geezer, shove over, I just may be joining you in Rift.

Why are you bringing me into this? You keep posing like that and people are going to think I'm not a fan of this game.

• AmjocoAmjoco Member UncommonPosts: 4,860
    Originally posted by Kyleran

Over $1300 for WoW subscription the last several years is not worth the support I got out of them. I know one time I spent over an hour in queue on the phone trying to get my account back, and that was just one episode.

You are right, it is about having fun and I think once the dust settles the support will be fine at ArenaNet. Currently they may be a bit busy! :)

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.