Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Roll back? gold, items all gone.

halflife25halflife25 Member Posts: 737

Anyone else? i don't care for xp and levels i can make those quick in W v W but i got some nice loot from chests, completing 100% map etc. 5 to 6 hours of everything i did is gone? no items and all gold i made from TP is also gone.

All the mats i spent on leveling crafting, are also wasted because even crafting levels are rolled back , i never got my rare mats back.

I have contected Anet regarding this..not sure if i will get my stuff back. I had some pretty rare skins in my inventory.

Really frustrated right now. ;(

edit ; people are confusing this with account hacking. Players lost even levels and all other progression due to server out age. So please stop posting 'you got hacked'.

Comments

• DarwaDarwa Member UncommonPosts: 2,181
    Not me.
  • SaintPhilipSaintPhilip Member Posts: 713
    Originally posted by halflife25

Anyone else? i don't care for xp and levels i can make those quick in W v W but i got some nice loot from chests, completing 100% map etc. 5 to 6 hours of everything i did is gone? no items and all gold i made from TP is also gone.

All the mats i spent on leveling crafting, are also wasted because even crafting levels are rolled back , i never got my rare mats back.

I have contected Anet regarding this..not sure if i will get my stuff back. I had some pretty rare skins in my inventory.

....When did this ewven happen? There was a rollback?

Damn man I get suckered into to working three nights (and days...) and havnt logged in- You mean to tell me my Gold and Loot is gone?  For real?????????

EDIT: What date did they roll back to please? I SHOULD be okay =/

EDIT Part 2: No, I do not think there was a rollback bro... If there was I have no email and so far have heard nothing about this except from here. Good luck getting your issues resolved.

• halflife25halflife25 Member Posts: 737
    Originally posted by SaintPhilip

....When did this ewven happen? There was a rollback?

Damn man I get suckered into to working three nights (and days...) and havnt logged in- You mean to tell me my Gold and Loot is gone?  For real?????????

EDIT: What date did they roll back to please? I SHOULD be okay =/

EDIT Part 2: No, I do not think there was a rollback bro... If there was I have no email and so far have heard nothing about this except from here. Good luck getting your issues resolved.

I am totally stumped on this bro. Still trying to find more information. All i know is that after last client crash , when i logged back in everything i did for last 5 to 6 hours was gone. Poof!! like it never existed.

• zakiyawowzakiyawow Member UncommonPosts: 626
    No roll back on my end. My character level/inventory/gold is exactly the same as I logout last night
  • NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798

ANET has no support for rollbacks - doubt the Op got rolled back

commentary about why no character restores or rollbacks yet

https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/support/account/Tickets-for-Review-5-days-and-older-merged/page/28
    GaileGray

Galadeon.6513:

GaileGray.9587:

No we are unable to restore gold. It’s simply not something that we have the tools to do, and the account restoration system that would roll-back the entire account is not yet available. I’m very sorry for the loss, and I know we all look forward to being able to help with these issues in the future.

Sad, very sad that your programmers would not put this BASIC MMO functionality into the game. There should be a plan in place to help people that get hacked.
        Note to game makers – make sure that your future CS has the tools it needs to help people.
        #NotAAAservice

You may not be aware, but spawning gold and handing it out like cupcakes — even if “basic MMO functionality” — isn’t good for a game’s economy. If you lose a dollar, the government doesn’t print up and hand you another one — that would cause huge inflation.

To address the issue of hacked account, we soon will be offering account restorations that will “roll back” an account to its pre-compromise state. The issue will be verified, and the hacker will be tracked and and all account involved in the hack will be closed. Then, when the hacked account is rolled back, the gold is not duped and the economy isn’t damaged.

Well if i didn't got rolled back how come i am back to lvl 70 from lvl 74? and my crafting levels are reset back to 250?

*scratches head*

• zakiyawowzakiyawow Member UncommonPosts: 626
    [mod edit]

I am totally stumped on this bro. Still trying to find more information. All i know is that after last client crash , when i logged back in everything i did for last 5 to 6 hours was gone. Poof!! like it never existed.

make sure ANET knows you lost levels; so ANET wont think you were hacked

the bad news - ANET has not been reimbursing gold and items to anyone

Originally posted by Nadia

make sure ANET knows you lost levels; so ANET wont think you were hacked

the bad news - ANET has not been reimbursing gold and items to anyone

Yeah that is exactly what i told them that my character levels and crafting levels are also reset. I am 100% sure i wasn't hacked. Hackers won't just take all the items and gold from last 6 hours and leave the rest.

It is as if what ever i did before last client crash didn't count.

• redcap036redcap036 Member UncommonPosts: 1,230
    [mod edit]

Yeah that is exactly what i told them that my character levels and crafting levels are also reset. I am 100% sure i wasn't hacked. Hackers won't just take all the items and gold from last 6 hours and leave the rest.

this is a long shot - but maybe the gw2.dat file got corrupted?

could try renaming that file and redownloading it again,    wouldnt hurt

• ForumPvPForumPvP Member Posts: 871

#NotAAAservice

You may not be aware, but spawning gold and handing it out like cupcakes — even if “basic MMO functionality” — isn’t good for a game’s economy. If you lose a dollar, the government doesn’t print up and hand you another one — that would cause huge inflation.

If you  lose a dollar is completely different story than when someone steals your dollar,jesus what a joke,these people are not throwing their money or items or rewards or whatever away.

Let's internet

• Kaelano1Kaelano1 Member Posts: 375

Character progression wouldn't be client-side.

By client crash i mean when a lot of players got booted out and couldn't log back in.

Originally posted by ForumPvP

If you  lose a dollar is completely different story than when someone steals your dollar,jesus what a joke,these people are not throwing their money or items or rewards or whatever away.

may have been bad analogy but the impact of gold duping and inflation is true

as i have said in the past,

ANET should not have resumed sales until they were able to support account rollbacks

ANET was well aware of the hacked account problems 1 week after launch,

and resumed sales anyhow - despite lacking this needed feature for character restores

By client crash i mean when a lot of players got booted out and couldn't log back in.

bleh - seems like ANET lack of account restores is gonna bite them in the butt

• neorandomneorandom Member Posts: 1,681

ANET has no support for rollbacks - doubt the Op got rolled back

commentary about why no character restores or rollbacks yet

https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/support/account/Tickets-for-Review-5-days-and-older-merged/page/28
    GaileGray

Galadeon.6513:

GaileGray.9587:

No we are unable to restore gold. It’s simply not something that we have the tools to do, and the account restoration system that would roll-back the entire account is not yet available. I’m very sorry for the loss, and I know we all look forward to being able to help with these issues in the future.

Sad, very sad that your programmers would not put this BASIC MMO functionality into the game. There should be a plan in place to help people that get hacked.
        Note to game makers – make sure that your future CS has the tools it needs to help people.
        #NotAAAservice

To address the issue of hacked account, we soon will be offering account restorations that will “roll back” an account to its pre-compromise state. The issue will be verified, and the hacker will be tracked and and all account involved in the hack will be closed. Then, when the hacked account is rolled back, the gold is not duped and the economy isn’t damaged.

stop going on suspect webpages and downloading keyloggers because they promise to give god mode in pvp?

Originally posted by neorandom

GaileGray.9587:
    the account restoration system that would roll-back the entire account is not yet available. I’m very sorry for the loss, and I know we all look forward to being able to help with these issues in the future.

stop going on suspect webpages and downloading keyloggers because they promise to give god mode in pvp?

what I posted was ANETs explanation that they have zero support for character restores or rollbacks

if you read the Op, you would know that he lost levels - and was not hacked

how does a hacker make you lose levels ?

Probably hit a bad sector in the game server. Cheap infrastructure.
  • SeelinnikoiSeelinnikoi Member RarePosts: 1,360

Expect account rollbacks, for a fee.

And remember, you heard it here first. :)

If you are a Star Wars fan, why not try the Star Wars The Old Republic?
    New players can get a welcome package and old/returning players can also get a welcome back package and 7 days free subscription time! Just click here to use my referral invitation
  • GreenishBlueGreenishBlue Member Posts: 263
    my ele is still level 80 and nothing lost; I had a similar experience with WoW some years ago; I recall I finished to melt ore and created a couple of items in Ironforge and suddenly got disconnected, when I came back I lost the profession levels that I recently gained; so I contacted a Blizzard's rep and was told there was nothing they could do about it; so OP good luck with ANet

Originally posted by Seelinnikoi

How much do you think they should charge to put "my little pony" magnets on the cases of the "old CoH" servers they're probably using? Bet you thought it was coincidence.

• VorchVorch Member UncommonPosts: 793

No rollback on my end. I hope that your issue is resolved, OP.

Also, if you were rolled back, is your map completion also rolled back? If that was indeed the case, then you should be able to redo the map completion aspect. If not, then your account was NOT rolledback. However, as Nadia likes to point out in every post, ANet doesn't have the ability to rollback accounts at this time.

And why is it that I keep seeing the same dozen or so people on every negative GW2 post? -__-

Be constructive.

"As you read these words, a release is seven days or less away or has just happened within the last seven days— those are now the only two states you’ll find the world of Tyria."...Guild Wars 2

• SeelinnikoiSeelinnikoi Member RarePosts: 1,360
    Originally posted by Kaelano1
    Originally posted by Seelinnikoi

How much do you think they should charge to put "my little pony" magnets on the cases of the "old CoH" servers they're probably using? Bet you thought it was coincidence.

All I know is that ArenaNet/NCSoft would sell their own soul... if they had one.

If you are a Star Wars fan, why not try the Star Wars The Old Republic?
    New players can get a welcome package and old/returning players can also get a welcome back package and 7 days free subscription time! Just click here to use my referral invitation
    Originally posted by Vorch

No rollback on my end. I hope that your issue is resolved, OP.

Also, if you were rolled back, is your map completion also rolled back? If that was indeed the case, then you should be able to redo the map completion aspect. If not, then your account was NOT rolledback. However, as Nadia likes to point out in every post, ANet doesn't have the ability to rollback accounts at this time.

And why is it that I keep seeing the same dozen or so people on every negative GW2 post? -__-

Be constructive.

I am. I'm brilliant and hilarious.