Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Modder turns GW2 into a true action combat game

2»

Comments

• just1opinionjust1opinion Member UncommonPosts: 4,641
    Originally posted by Loktofeit
    Originally posted by Dibdabs
    Originally posted by timtrack

The only difference is that you don't have a corsair.

Awwww, I thought he'd added a Corsair character class as well  :(

This post finally made me click the reddit link because I really wanted to know wtf you guys were talking about.

Crosshair

You win.  You're the first person in the thread to spell it correctly.  Gold star for you!  lol

President of The Marvelously Meowhead Fan Club

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719

This post finally made me click the reddit link because I really wanted to know wtf you guys were talking about.

Crosshair

We knew that.  I hoped a Corsair was in the works, though I knew it was really unlikely.  :D

In keeping with this theme, I hope they do add croissants...specially chocolate ones.

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247
    Originally posted by Iselin

Crosshair

We knew that.  I hoped a Corsair was in the works, though I knew it was really unlikely.  :D

In keeping with this theme, I hope they do add croissants...specially chocolate ones.

Or crossfit training so that I can bulk up my Norn even more.

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

• mazutmazut Member UncommonPosts: 988
    Originally posted by 9ineven

This is not a mod.

The game is not touched. It's just rebinded keys and a .png picture in the middle of the screen.

If they don't allow that kind of stuff then they can ban almost all good mouses and keyboards drivers with which you can create macros.

This thing is not even using macros.

^^ People are so easy to fool ;)

• pwainpwain Member UncommonPosts: 115
    looks like TERA. TERA combat was great
  • NaqajNaqaj Member UncommonPosts: 1,673

I really don't get the excitement about this "mod". All it does holding down your right mouse button (Ok, the crosshair too, for the visually impaired). Everything else is ingame options... 

People really need a mod to keep a mousebutton pressed? What the hell?

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    Originally posted by Naqaj

I really don't get the excitement about this "mod". All it does holding down your right mouse button (Ok, the crosshair too, for the visually impaired). Everything else is ingame options... 

People really need a mod to keep a mousebutton pressed? What the hell?

Key turners do.

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • KanethKaneth Member RarePosts: 2,286
    Neat idea....useless, but neat none-the-less. Get a Naga and you'll be all set :P
  • itgrowlsitgrowls Member Posts: 2,951
    Originally posted by CookieTime

This reddit thread was made about 4 days ago, but I'm surprised it didn't get more attention. Apparently, a modder made a few tweaks to the client that offered new ways to play GW2.

http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/zy752/combat_mode_02_beta/

I'm making this topic to spread the word, so that ANet would give this idea a chance and maybe implement this option into the game itself, since using mods is not allowed. I'm sure this can happen if enough people voice their interest.

IMO, the best change is the elimination of holding the right mouse button, which makes my hand hurt after a while of playing.

Here's also a demo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BpdgW_G4FyU

I've thought about it and can't come up with a good answer against it.

I was first thinking what about the AI moving out of the AOE as mobs do during building difficulty or more players involvement, and I have to say that they would still move anyway in those instances why make it take longer to cast.

Makes sense to me, tho the mouse movement thing is not my style i'm all for more options for people. 

• NaughtyPNaughtyP Member UncommonPosts: 793

Some classes work very well with a gamepad... others do not. Trying to drop marks on the ground with a necro is far easier to do with a mouse than a gamepad. But for melee classes or classes with less dependence on dropping aoe attacks, it's great!

Not the same thing exactly, but it's another option.

Enter a whole new realm of challenge and adventure.

• lilHealalilHeala Member UncommonPosts: 522

This is not a mod.

The game is not touched. It's just rebinded keys and a .png picture in the middle of the screen.

If they don't allow that kind of stuff then they can ban almost all good mouses and keyboards drivers with which you can create macros.

If that download sets the keybinding for you in-game then it's a mod as well as if it adds the .png by modifying something in the game instead of it being an overlay.

Macro keyboards / mice don't do that.

• 9ineven9ineven Member UncommonPosts: 168
    Originally posted by lilHeala

This is not a mod.

If that download sets the keybinding for you in-game then it's a mod as well as if it adds the .png by modifying something in the game instead of it being an overlay.

Macro keyboards / mice don't do that.

I know what it does because I have downloaded it, it is in .ahk format and I know this pretty well.

You can open it with notepad and see what it does.

Now I tell you, this thing does not touch anything in the game.

And the .png is just a picture that appear on top of other windows (thats why you need to run GW2 in windowed mode, otherwise you won't see the crosshair).

• RizelStarRizelStar Member UncommonPosts: 2,773
    Originally posted by cura
    Could be fun. Im already tired with tab targeting

Don't use the tab, I swear, I have not used the tab button till this very day lol.

Though that being said I do agree with you, I hope they add this feature.

I might get banned for this. - Rizel Star.

I'm not afraid to tell trolls what they [need] to hear, even if that means for me to have an forced absence afterwards.

P2P LOGIC = If it's P2P it means longevity, overall better game, and THE BEST SUPPORT EVER!!!!!(Which has been rinsed and repeated about a thousand times)

Common Sense Logic = P2P logic is no better than F2P Logic.

• GoruduGorudu Member CommonPosts: 79

This would help a lot for anyone who wants to play a 'nade engineer well. Nothing better than being able to point and shoot, imo. A ground targeting ability is fine every once in a while, but when you play an engineer with 5-7 ground targeting spells, then it gets really frustrating. It would also help for a mesmer using blink, imo.

• Rhianni32Rhianni32 Member Posts: 222

Crosshair

That was annoying me too.

Either this guy added in a pirate class or they mean Crosshair.

• HeroEvermoreHeroEvermore Member Posts: 672

To me this game is near perfect.

On the other hand. Having to hold right click to play a game is OLD NEWS. The game has auto-targetting already. This should have been implimented at launch. I really hope Anet gets on the ball with this. After playing Tera you realize how mediocre the controls are when you have to hold right click during combat. It's epic fail.

Hero Evermore
    Guild Master of Dragonspine since 1982.
    Playing Path of Exile and deeply in love with it.

• dariuszpdariuszp Member Posts: 182
    Mouse look - I WANT MOUSE LOOK !
  • 9ineven9ineven Member UncommonPosts: 168

Combat Mode version 1.0 released !

http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/10amev/combat_mode_10_released_arenanet_repond/

"Heres a response from ArenaNet Dev:

3rd party programs ARE ALLOWED. If they don't automate, bot, alter game files, give an advantage or effect other peoples game."

Enjoy.

• TwoThreeFourTwoThreeFour Member UncommonPosts: 2,155

Combat Mode version 1.0 released !

http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/10amev/combat_mode_10_released_arenanet_repond/

"Heres a response from ArenaNet Dev:

3rd party programs ARE ALLOWED. If they don't automate, bot, alter game files, give an advantage or effect other peoples game."

Enjoy.

Very glad to hear that.