Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Review] Digimon Masters Online: Returning to Memories of Youth

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Digimon Masters Online is a game designed to bring back fond childhood memories for those who watched Digimon as a lad or lass, yet simultaneously appeal to younger gamers who still watch the show. We've checked out Digimon Masters Online and have our full review for your reading pleasure. See what we have to say before adding your thoughts to the comments.

Digimon Masters Online takes place in the world of the anime Digimon Savers (known as Digimon Data Squad in North America). Players take on the role of one of four premade Digimon tamers and together with their chosen Digimon are tasked with protecting both the real world as well as the digital world by the government agency DATS. For those unfamiliar with the Digimon franchise, Digimon are small animal-like creatures made of data, which live in a digital world connected to the real world. Digimon usually have combat skills and evolve into more powerful forms as they gain in strength.

Read more of Justin Asseltine's Digimon Masters Online: Returning to Memories of Youth.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• adam_noxadam_nox Member UncommonPosts: 2,148
    ugh, pokemon.  Hate all that crap with a passion.
  • vecconveccon Member Posts: 17
    Except this is Digimon. Different show, slightly similar basis, less childish and annoying.
  • ThaneThane Member EpicPosts: 3,534

Originally posted by veccon

(...) less childish and annoying.

errrr. nope. totally not less childish and annoying ^^

"I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up! Not me!"

• brad000123brad000123 Member Posts: 1
    ERROR :( feel kinda so wired :((((((((

Brad

• veloniusvelonius Member Posts: 1
    this review is pretty late seeming that the game is currently celebrating his 1st anniversary
  • adenbrazzaadenbrazza Member Posts: 4

This game's pretty hardcore pay to win.

I played it for around three weeks before it really sunk into me that I'd never enjoy playing this game as a free user. 

Had a blast finding eggs of my favourite Digimon, motivation just really died down after the 20th attempt to hatch a Gabumon.

Hope others enjoy it, it's not terrible.

• SecretRubySecretRuby Member Posts: 1
    Somehow I think any pokemon games are better than this one, first of all, there is only one type of skill available in this game : attack skills, hence there is no other role than being an attacker, in party you'll never find supporting type of player, only bunch of dps, "its sure is NOT a BORING one" from lv1 to end game, the only thing increasing are my own perseverance and my willingness to gamble , while the gameplay itself, hmm to put it nicely:... its so consistent, attack, evolve, loot, heal with potion, repeat and rinse, maybe go to town to hatch and combine digimon (most of the time failed) 

Its okay for usual console based rpg, one that only played by single player and offline,  but for mmorpg,  its bellow average. . . .