Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Where is everyone?

SpeedhaakSpeedhaak Member UncommonPosts: 296

I usually log in an hour or so in the morning, and then again perhaps in the evening. I'm not sure if it's because the Cities and Zones are so big but I haven't exactly been swamped in PC interaction. Compared to TERA which I played most recently where when you went out and about you'd see loads of people just questing and going about their business. Guild Wars 2 feels so empty by comparison. I'm putting my money on it being the vastness of it all, but still - it would be nice to see more than two or three players every Hour....

After all, this is MASSIVELY MULTIPLAYER ONLINE gaming... Ahem.

Comments

• terrantterrant Member Posts: 1,683
    Curious as to what server you are on. Blackgate always has people around, wherever you go.
  • AmjocoAmjoco Member UncommonPosts: 4,860
    Been seeing many, many players. Are you playing GW2 or something with lightsabers?

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.

• SpeedhaakSpeedhaak Member UncommonPosts: 296
    SeaFarer's Rest EU - I'm not one for hyperbole, it really hasn't been all that busy whenever I go out wandering. Granted, the maps are huge so it's quite possible A) I've just fallen behind everyone else and B) I'm in sparse regions and missing people by fluke.
  • StanlyStankoStanlyStanko Member UncommonPosts: 270
    Playing Torchlight 2 or Borderlands 2 and next week is Pandatown. The games just keep on coming.
    Originally posted by Amjoco
    Been seeing many, many players. Are you playing GW2 or something with lightsabers?

Erhm... So far I haven't seen any Wookies. Although some Charr come close.

• maddbomber83maddbomber83 Member Posts: 422

Human and Charr areas have plenty of people (1-15 zones) so no, alts are still plenty.

DR (Human City) doesn't have an overflow anymore for me though, Lion's Arch does.

Granted, I play on HoD, possibly the most populated server; see people everywhere.

I'm also in a 200+ guild, so that may contribute to it as well.

• MagterMagter Member Posts: 289
    Originally posted by StanlyStanko
    Playing Torchlight 2 or Borderlands 2 and next week is Pandatown. The games just keep on coming.

Basicly this.

Purpose in life is not to gain things, but experience. - Rover64dd

• IsawaIsawa Member UncommonPosts: 1,051
    See players all over the place in beginner to end game. Playing on alts now and 15 or so players just took a break from their adventures to join in on a champion. As soon as that was over, they are dispersed.
    Originally posted by Speedhaak
    Originally posted by Amjoco

Erhm... So far I haven't seen any Wookies. Although some Charr come close.

LOL true they are kinda furry. 

The game is big, but I'm still going to back-end areas and finding people everywhere. I'm not sure how the population is on EU servers but it has to be the same if not more heavily poplated than the NA. /shrug

Have fun no matter what!

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.

• LeetheLeethe Member UncommonPosts: 893

Seriously? I'm a huge fan of GW2 but Borderlands2 just hit. 

Now, I have a date with a man named Handsome Jack and bein' a gentleman an all, it's best not to be late. See y'all in a few days.

There is NO miracle patch.

95% of what you see in beta won't change by launch.

Hope is not a stategy.

Aye, havin' fun alright. Love the game. Was just wondering why it's a little empty :/ - Would love to see a couple of dozen people bashing away at DE's 'n stuff. Maybe it's just the times I play :)
  • reef22reef22 Member UncommonPosts: 85

I was gonna ask are you on US server or EU server but you answered my question.  On the US server there are TONS of people.  

I've looked at the EU servers and if I have to pick one go to then I'll go with Piken Square.  It's the unofficial RP server but it's full and most of the time the community is nicer.   

Since it's free to transfer servers, why not transfer to different ones and see for yourself?  It sure wouldn't hurt or cost your anything or lose any XP.  

• tank017tank017 Member Posts: 2,192
    I'm on a high pop server and the game seems dead to me too.Especially in the 2nd tier zones levels 15-25...dead as a door nail
  • stratasaurusstratasaurus Member Posts: 220
    I think there is just probably a lot more space plus lots of players are doing other things like WvW or waiting around in a WvW queue depending on server/time.  I find sometimes I think I am alone or maybe 1 other person around and then all of a sudden a DE will pop and 20 or more people appear out of nowhere.
  • TeknoBugTeknoBug Member UncommonPosts: 2,156

Yak's Bend has a ton of people everywhere I go, and they'll show up when events happen.

• WorstluckWorstluck Member Posts: 1,269
    Hmmm well I do play on Jade Quarry which I am guessing is one of the more populous servers and I can't go anywhere without seeing someone.  There are people everywhere.  It's fantastic, but keep in mind if you move to a high pop server, you might have to wait for WvW.  I have spent hours in the queue to no avail.

• SquishydewSquishydew Member UncommonPosts: 1,107
    No subs means no pressure to play, I'm part of a gaming community and at least 12 of the people i know there having been playing Torchlight 2 and Borderlands 2 so yeah ^^;
  • andre369andre369 Member UncommonPosts: 970

Hmm, I have not played for more than 15 minutes without seeing another player, even in a random cave where there are no indications to go.

Do you play asura or charr? These are the two least played races. + if you fell behind on leveling it might be the reason. I dont know how populated your server is. 

• AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928
    Im on sanctum of Rall and play mostly in the evenings in every 1-15 zone and 15-25 zone not a single event has had less than 5 people.. so perhaps you are just playing at an off time for your server

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• PurutzilPurutzil Member UncommonPosts: 3,048

To bash on GW2 a bit (or to bring up truth) many people probably just quit playing (no monthly to make them feel the need to 'dedicate' to trying to make it worth) so that dropped numbers a bit. New games coming out helped to lower this a bit further as well which should act as more temporary measures against it. 

Still, there are people around just they won't be in the drones that launch had around. Many who do play are probably in WvW, PvP, or farming the high level areas. Its not THAT vast (though no mounts does help to create that illusion) but for the most part your probably not looking in the right places. If your expecting launch numbers a month after, you got some crazy expectations even if this game was all the hype brought it up to be (which its not).

• krakra70krakra70 Member Posts: 122
    SeaFarer's Rest EU - I'm not one for hyperbole, it really hasn't been all that busy whenever I go out wandering. Granted, the maps are huge so it's quite possible A) I've just fallen behind everyone else and B) I'm in sparse regions and missing people by fluke.

Same server. the zones between 15-65 are completely empty especially on off hours. I'm playing a single player game at the moment. Hope they implement the guest feature so I can exp on a high/full server.

• AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928
    Originally posted by krakra70

Same server. the zones between 15-65 are completely empty especially on off hours. I'm playing a single player game at the moment. Hope they implement the guest feature so I can exp on a high/full server.

why not just transfer? they are still free once a day

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

I just looked and the servers were 9 full, 12 High, and 3 medium at about 9:00pm pst.

This was recorded a few hours ago on Sanctum of Rall NA, one of the high population servers. This is very common to see everywhere in the game. 

I'm still not getting where you are playing OP, everywhere I go are many folks playing. 

• ZylaxxZylaxx Member Posts: 2,574
    Sanctum of Rall has people everywhere.  Tried doing a level 50 jumping puzzle this morning before work and there was 7 people doing the same puzzle.  Bought a huge smile to my face knowing the world is alive and not eveyrone sits in the cities waiting on their next isntance/pvp queue to pop.

Everything you need to know about Elder Scrolls Online

Playing: GW2
    Waiting on: TESO
    Next Flop: Planetside 2
    Best MMO of all time: Asheron's Call - The first company to recreate AC will be the next greatest MMO.

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722

I usually log in an hour or so in the morning, and then again perhaps in the evening. I'm not sure if it's because the Cities and Zones are so big but I haven't exactly been swamped in PC interaction. Compared to TERA which I played most recently where when you went out and about you'd see loads of people just questing and going about their business. Guild Wars 2 feels so empty by comparison. I'm putting my money on it being the vastness of it all, but still - it would be nice to see more than two or three players every Hour....

After all, this is MASSIVELY MULTIPLAYER ONLINE gaming... Ahem.

maybe its because of the time you log in in relation to the server time or something.... I can say the exact opposite here. I see tons of people when i play for some hours a day in GW2 everywhere (from lvl 1 to 65 zones which is the highest ive reached so far). Im not playing TERA anymore but i only saw many people in Tera during betas and the first few weeks after launch during my first 30 days. Enmasse is merging servers due to population decline (if they did already then that could explain your comment on TERA)