Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Game is garbage

I took the day off work and bought a brand new machine JUST to play this game on release day all those years ago. I'll never forget the thrill of those few mins of flying in a plane and seeing an enemy CharB. Then the server took a dump and never really came back for days.....worst lauch in MMO history I believe.

Resubbed over the years on and off, and sure I've had a few good times, and lots of bad ones but the game always seems to be the same tired old shit. Then they go and make a "new" game using the same old crappy engine they use, all that MONEY you took from your subscription base and poured it into it INSTEAD of putting that time and effort into WW2Online and making it better. How about adding all the shit you promised over the years but FAILED to deliver or delieverd it so fubared people just gave up.

You DESERVE to fail CRS, as in my eyes you've done nothing but EARN IT.

One note-Remember when you had to select the "theatre" when logging in? Oh the hopes I had fighting on the Russian front....hahaha...

Comments

• KvjavsKvjavs Member Posts: 16

I agree. CRS deserves to fail. I think I'd rather see GamersFirst or some other Pay 2 Win company buy this game than to keep it in the hands of CRS.

I've been playing off and on since 2004, and feel like the game has made only marginal improvements.  The biggest waste of money being the "new" graphics engine.  It's sad that this is the only game my PC has issues with, while other new games like TSW, Age of Conan, BF3 and many others run just fine with great FPS. 

I found it almost insulting when I belive it was DOC or some other Rat making a "Save Our Company" post on their main website, basically blaming the community for their own problems.

I loved WWII Online when I did, but there's nothing new that's worth coming back to, especially since the game is so poorly optimized.

I had $15 to spend on either a Counter-Strike complete pack with CS 1.6 and CS:CZ, or WWII Online.  I went with the better game... CS:CZ.

• StugStug Member UncommonPosts: 387

2 posts agenda posters....

• boobitsboobits Member Posts: 27

2 posts and registered longer than you. What's your job as CRS anyways? Social media/online fanboi? Tell DOC and Rafter they deserve nothing less than what they created, a failing game and a desperate cry to raise funds. Oh...if you had only listened to your PAYING subs I'm certain you wouldn't be where you are today.

As for you Stug, you best be looking for a new job as CRS is going bankrupt very soon.

• StugStug Member UncommonPosts: 387
    Originally posted by boobits

2 posts and registered longer than you. What's your job as CRS anyways? Social media/online fanboi? Tell DOC and Rafter they deserve nothing less than what they created, a failing game and a desperate cry to raise funds. Oh...if you had only listened to your PAYING subs I'm certain you wouldn't be where you are today.

As for you Stug, you best be looking for a new job as CRS is going bankrupt very soon.

Oh you do do me too much honour :)

Why did Axishatr lie aabout getting banned? Is his lie the corp of the group of these people posting on this forum - they hate the game? It's gone past not liking it, its turned into a hate that is no good for anyone whowants to have an honest, unbiased understanding of the game rendering this forums useless to anyone who does not want to play the game.

Shame that - its a unique game with a lot to offer - so I can onl hope people try it out and don't listen to your biased hate posts.

• wrath04wrath04 Member Posts: 89

(Quote) I had $15 to spend on either a Counter-Strike complete pack with CS 1.6 and CS:CZ, or WWII Online. I went with the better game... CS:CZ. (end Quote)

Hello kido,

Tells me all I need to know about you mate, take an add pill and chill out man.  What?, no one but you can have an opinion without getting trolled by you? Give me a break.  This is a cool game and some people like it..and ...and guess what? I don't give a sh*t about your post/thread count either...wait a second... did I mis-spell anything? Wouldn't want you to get on me about my grammar now.  Fire away boy....

• SaintPhilipSaintPhilip Member Posts: 713
    Originally posted by wrath04

(Quote) I had $15 to spend on either a Counter-Strike complete pack with CS 1.6 and CS:CZ, or WWII Online. I went with the better game... CS:CZ. (end Quote)

Hello kido,

Tells me all I need to know about you mate, take an add pill and chill out man.  What?, no one but you can have an opinion without getting trolled by you? Give me a break.  This is a cool game and some people like it..and ...and guess what? I don't give a sh*t about your post/thread count either...wait a second... did I mis-spell anything? Wouldn't want you to get on me about my grammar now.  Fire away boy....

I will bite...

And for the record the ONLY game I regularly hate on is MO lol.

WW2 online- Where to even begin???? No, its not a bad game- In fact its pretty freaking cool. In fact I will even go as far as to say its pretty Epic (in scope and potential) and COULD be a huge sleeper hit (rather it SHOULD HAVE BEEN)

So, why is such a creative and interesting game in the proverbial doghouse? Why doesnt hardly anyone play? That comes down to poor managment and really bad pricing. I personally have a love/hate thing with WW2 online and i usually play for a mon th or so every six months /year to check things out.

-And DAMN was this game ever ran into the ground, stepped on, kicked, pissed on and then thrown off a bridge... This wasnt due to "haters" but rather was purely a result of managment and its descisions which have done this.

Greed was the name of the game and they wouldnt budge an inch on their insane price even as the poulation continued to slip. Things snowballed and the game is (was at last time I played) virtually dead. In todays market (and with the extremely low population) WW2 Online would be a great 2nd MMO for many people- And $5- $8 dollars is what its worth in its current state (IMHO)- $17.99 is rather insane. Locking in fees for a year for a small discount and then having an "early cancellation fee" is also insane. This isnt 1999.

-Anyhow, the game is getting older and the value (percieved monthly) keeps dropping- Yet the devs cling to their pricing structure, add some odd F2P scheme and think this should garner new subs/players.

It wont.

Drop the damn price... Gain Population...Succeed.

game is potentially epic- managment is greedy and flawed. THAT is why the game is empty.

Simple , really...

EDIT: Let me expand a bit here- For YEARS people begged for a Free trial.  People generally like to "try" a game before laying down cash (especially what WW2 Online is asking...) and yet they resisted- The population continued to decline and they still resisted. THEN like last year (or so) they FINALLY gave a Free Trial. But it was TOO LATE. Interest had generally waned and the Population so low that trial players found an empty War in an OLD game.

WW2 Online continues to miss the boat and be a day late- Had they given free trials when the game was fairly new (within a year or two) people who trialed would have found a fairly vibrant World- It took a totally dead population to get them to do a free trial which AT THAT POINT turned off the trial players (who wants to play alone?)

Its simple mistake after simple misteke- And quite sad really because the game is NOT garbage and is actually quite cool.

Hello SaintPhilip:)

I !Salute you and appreciate that you remained civil in the face of opposing opinions:)

There's a few things in there we can Totally agree on, but I think there's alot of Opinions,speculation, and Preception problems there too, I'll explain what I mean.

Unless you are/were an employee at CRS, your preception of any event, a supposed missed opportunity even, will more than likely differ from what the actual case may be. So there's a possibility what we see as fact, may not be that at all. what do we know? We know what we read. And I don't think you believe EVERYTHING you read... I know I don't either, anything can disguise itself as fact.

The Business side of things is what it is...if I don't like a game and I'm not happy about a new Rig I bought to play it is performing I wouldn't call the game "garbage" to try to sway people from playing it, nor would I stick up for a person doing that either.

Personally, I play the game pretty regularly, I am not rich .. I built my own computer without any formal training at all for less than 800$ over the course of 12 months and it get's between 40- 120 fps depending on the server pop.  And as for population goes, most of the time I play with fps in the 40's tells you everything...

This game costs me $12.99USD a month on one of the plans..I have to commit to this plan for a year is the only catch. I'd also call this a fair price for for what I think is great entertainment.

To me, alot of things have changed lately since the free to play has come to us, lot's of new faces and alot more people signing on, and this is only the beginning I think(hope).

Directed at the OP---->I'm fine with people who feel slighted, mad,or whatever but if you call this game total garbage, I will say you are dead wrong. Not only that, but you are also missing out on a Great Game full of Great people Having a Great Time. And if that's not great enough for you then have a great day.  :)

• SzyporynSzyporyn Member Posts: 122

How I love those expecting an easy battlefield kind of game - then realize this game is HARD, true PvP.

Then go screaming away in disgust coz they can't cope.

Want a REAL PvP game - we got it for you!

• EzrelayEzrelay Member Posts: 15
    Originally posted by Szyporyn

How I love those expecting an easy battlefield kind of game - then realize this game is HARD, true PvP.

Spot on my WWIIOLINE brother!!!

• TontomanTontoman Member Posts: 196

Yeah, they should have thought of that when they went for the 'instant action' crowd and killed off the vets.  Considering the draw of CoD and what it's like, they should have known those type wouldn't be happy crossing over. 

If they ever get rid of MSP, or at least put range limilts so they can only be setup on side of the town that has the enemy FB (I hate that battle of the Alamo each and every time) post it up, I'd love to know.

• maxiozmaxioz Member Posts: 16
    Originally posted by Tontoman

Yeah, they should have thought of that when they went for the 'instant action' crowd and killed off the vets.  Considering the draw of CoD and what it's like, they should have known those type wouldn't be happy crossing over. 

If they ever get rid of MSP, or at least put range limilts so they can only be setup on side of the town that has the enemy FB (I hate that battle of the Alamo each and every time) post it up, I'd love to know.

That is in the works...limits on the FRU / MSP.

"How I love those expecting an easy battlefield kind of game - then realize this game is HARD, true PvP.

Want a REAL PvP game - we got it for you!"

Almost positive that's the case here with the OP, He probably cried when he didn't win, who knows.

• boobitsboobits Member Posts: 27
    Originally posted by wrath04

"How I love those expecting an easy battlefield kind of game - then realize this game is HARD, true PvP.

Want a REAL PvP game - we got it for you!"

Almost positive that's the case here with the OP, He probably cried when he didn't win, who knows.

Yeah I cried from not "winning".  I spent plenty of time in all 3 sides to earn plenty of ranks. Hell I almost had enough to use a destoyer. The issue I have with the game is that throughout these years they CONSISTANTLY turned their back on the vets.  How long have you even played the game? I have no doubt most of these "supporters" are noobies who started during the "free trials" or the free to play gongshow.

You keep subbing, all 39 of you.

• UristMcDwarfUristMcDwarf Member UncommonPosts: 111

oops disregard post

Currently Playing:
    nothing :(

• UristMcDwarfUristMcDwarf Member UncommonPosts: 111
    Originally posted by Stug

2 posts agenda posters....

Ha, I see the tables have turned. Oh, well. I guess it's great to see a different perspective on the forums.

Currently Playing:
    nothing :(

• Matticus75Matticus75 Member UncommonPosts: 396

Great idea when it came out, but wth nowdays i dont understand, make a WWII planetside

Seems like it was made by one person, and the monthy subs pay for his electric bill lol

Noobs? I have played since 2002...i dont think i fall into that category :). My reason for comming here is not because im a "yes man", it's because the discussion was very onesided and sometimes incorrect.
    Most of the guys posting have the same number of years behind them as i do actually.
  • neorandomneorandom Member Posts: 1,681
    ww2 ended in 1944, it should be left in 1944.
  • N1ckMN1ckM Member Posts: 8
    Originally posted by neorandom
    ww2 ended in 1944, it should be left in 1944.

If you only play games that are based in the actual year you are playing them then you must play very few games lol

I've been playing WWII Online since 2009, there's NO other game that has consumed anywhere near the amount of hours of my time as this one, there are so many aspects to the game, everytime I log in, it's a different experience and it's damn good fun!

"Yeah I cried from not "winning". I spent plenty of time in all 3 sides to earn plenty of ranks. Hell I almost had enough to use a destoyer. The issue I have with the game is that throughout these years they CONSISTANTLY turned their back on the vets. How long have you even played the game? I have no doubt most of these "supporters" are noobies who started during the "free trials" or the free to play gongshow.

You keep subbing, all 39 of you."

@BOOBITS....

Hey what ever you are smoking you should stop it fast! Your sense of reason is missing here.

For one, what do you care how long these posters have been playing? what is it to you? I know for a fact they are NOT new players but what's your point? Should be a big "sad face" in your sig somewhere so people know they're talking to a depressed person who wants to spread negativity to everyone with a different opinion than yours.

It's too easy to be rude on the computer my friend, It takes brains to have a meaningful discussion that brings up valid points. You lose credibility when you bark your emotions so loud into the face of someone who simply wants to have a civil discussion about something cool.

You're not real tuned in to reality if you think your monthly sub entitles you to special privileges beyond what you get with the game itself lol.  And if you think you should have a say in the development then you SHOULD have sent CRS your resume. Most of us play to have FUN, not play to have a say in it's direction, if you want things to always go your way all the time, make your own damn game and play that. You can call it BOO-STRIKE or something :)

You say CRS CONSISTANTLY turned it's back on it's vets? wow what a statement, what does it even mean? If there was a direction this game took to buck you off it ,that's life.

We do not always get what we want in life and this is normal so don't panic man. Either play the game or don't, WHY try to sway others beyond just posting about your observation/opinion of this game ??

Makes zero sense to me WHY you would waste your time on something you hate so much...It's like you are a miserable person trying to make everyone around you miserable too so you're not alone or something..If this is the case, get help! Just leave the rest of us here trying to have a good time alone:)

When my friend Stug said "agenda posters", I thought hmm ...seems a little harsh to call that out, then I read some of your posts and YOU make me wonder if this is true of you. You haven't been real fair or at least Objective, you let these negitive emotions you feel for the game rule while you let the facts go out the window, Think about it.

As for how long I've played, I'll give you a hint...longer than you...alot longer...look me up and see for yourself, I don't HIDE in stealth-mode behind a different name.

Anyway, give the game another chance,  you sound so ill-informed about the game maybe you need to resub and figure out what it's really about and stop falling back on your supposed "bad experiences". Then come back in here with some more updated info to share instead of the tired old BS you and your buddies have been spreading.

We will have fun playing this cool game while you have fun posting bad things about it...good luck with that buddy:)

• OtotheJOtotheJ Member Posts: 52

I have arrived :) 

I'm going to let it sink in for a few before completely destroying this forum OJ style :)  We cant be rushing fun like this ! Squirm you vile fanboys, as this is gonna be more exciting than the game has been for years

• otneoneotneone Member Posts: 1
    i have been on a hard core war path and i been like this far longer and i have just seen that i need to start using block functions more often its going to be a hard thing to learn a new habit...

thing with me is i love my axis family so much *and no i am not gay i do not love males* that i don't mind being the first guy to go into an enemy strong hold and get pumped 20,000 holes of lead going through my body so that others have the ability to take down the enemy better,

thing is with me is when other persons ask me to do things order me to do things tell me to do thing request me to do things expect me to do things and demand me to do things i snap into motion very quickly,

what i am talking about there is someone ask's if anyone doing ammo refill runs and i don't see anyone else doing it i quit what i am doing unless i am guarding spawnable or bunker and i spawn in something that has the ability to refill ammo *this is just one example out of many*,

when someone asks can anyone help me guard spawnable or bunker or to help with a fb bust i do the same above result and i don't even give it thinking about it twice,

when i help with these things and at times when i ask sometimes i don't get help sometimes i do but when sometimes i don't and persons laugh at me when i trying to do the needed thing the right thing to do thing

it hurts my feelings and i get mad when my feelings get hurt

when persons ask me to fight past 110% and when i do and i see others that told me to do it or ask me to do it and they themselves don't do it that also hurts my feelings

it hurts my feelings a lot when i am expected to work with other persons even more so when they believe in the saying do as i say not as i do it makes me feel as if someone stucked a dagger through my heart and cut it up into so many pieces it can't be put back to together again,

and that's why i get super pissed like i do is when i am asked to do my best and then some more and i don't see other persons doing it that is what fires up my ranting engine,

i am in the wrong for my ranting i am in the wrong for blaming others i am in the wrong for sabotaging my family i am in the wrong for spamming or flooding side chat target chat and 10 chat,

but its just also in general when i don't see my family at there very best like they expect me to be and they want to feed me excuses rather then them taking ownership for there actions like i am expected to that's when it really gets under my skin bad in the worst way

because that is at a time when i feel pain and i am hurt and it breaks me and tears me apart and i don't like feeling all of them things that's why i lash out through my ranting 

i have always felt then when i came to this game for the first time and still even now to this day with out question that we are one whole mind one whole body and one whole soul as well as one whole family

i am sorry my beloved axis family that i have hurtled you so much and i need to learn how not to do that better

please do not forgive me i just beg for consideration and understanding please...
  • rendusrendus Member UncommonPosts: 329
    cool story bro
  • ReesRacerReesRacer Member UncommonPosts: 179
    Originally posted by rendus
    cool story bro

find another (maybe newer) internet meme if you want to bash on posts...