Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

GW2 - The coolest thing ever in this game so far IMHO

KooshdinKooshdin Member Posts: 217

I just bought some boxing gloves in Guild Wars 2 for my main character to wear.

They are on promotion right now for 240 gems which is roughly one gold in ingame money.

If you cant buy them with real money risk 1 gold for them if you can

These gloves look super awesome when you use there abilities ...

Note- you can only wear them with town cloths and not in fights but still worth it IMHO

WATCH IT IN FULL 1080P If you can :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z9U0jJImxd0&feature=share

Enjoy and comment...

Remember they on promotion just now for 240 gems :)

Comments

• AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928
    this should probably be in GW2 forums but yea saw couple people with those earlier today pretty damn funny

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• Cod_EyeCod_Eye Member UncommonPosts: 1,016
    Odd because I tried skipping the lvl 40 manual but couldnt use the lvl 60 manual until I used the lvl 40 manual, so you got lucky and hit a bug that let you skip it and it got fixed.
  • KooshdinKooshdin Member Posts: 217
    Originally posted by biggarfoot
    Odd because I tried skipping the lvl 40 manual but couldnt use the lvl 60 manual until I used the lvl 40 manual, so you got lucky and hit a bug that let you skip it and it got fixed.

No i tell you whats happened,

Ive heard people say in main chat that i can skip the level 40 book and go for level 60 book instead.

So it turns out its not true according to you so now i need to save up heaps of money to buy one.

Ill also remove the comment made in the original post so no one else thinks they can skip the level 60 book.

Thanks for your post

• YamotaYamota Member UncommonPosts: 6,593
    If that does not destroy the little immersion left in this game I dont know what will...
  • VorchVorch Member UncommonPosts: 793
    lol, that's funny :)

"As you read these words, a release is seven days or less away or has just happened within the last seven days— those are now the only two states you’ll find the world of Tyria."...Guild Wars 2

• VirusDancerVirusDancer Member UncommonPosts: 3,649
    Originally posted by Yamota
    If that does not destroy the little immersion left in this game I dont know what will...

That was kind of my first thought.

It would be one thing if it were a commercial (ala http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V2_ueohYRhU) - which would be kind of funny.  I could see the GW2 toon putting on the gloves and kapow the competition in a pretty funny commercial.

But the gloves make as much sense in GW2 as the truck would have in WoW...

I miss the MMORPG genre. Will a developer ever make one again?

Explorer: 87%, Killer: 67%, Achiever: 27%, Socializer: 20%

• BadaboomBadaboom Member UncommonPosts: 2,380
    Originally posted by VirusDancer

That was kind of my first thought.

It would be one thing if it were a commercial (ala http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V2_ueohYRhU) - which would be kind of funny.  I could see the GW2 toon putting on the gloves and kapow the competition in a pretty funny commercial.

But the gloves make as much sense in GW2 as the truck would have in WoW...

[kicks up a beat}

Don't call it a comeback
    I been here for years
    Rockin my peers and puttin suckas in fear
    Makin the tears rain down like a MON-soon
    Listen to the bass go BOOM
    Explosion, overpowerin
    Over the competition, I'm towerin
    Wreckin shop, when I drop these lyrics that'll make you call the Charr
    Don't you dare stare, you betta move
    Don't ever compare
    Me to the rest that'll all get sliced and diced
    Competition's payin the price

[Chorus:]

I'm gonna knock you out (HUUUH!!!)
    Asura said knock you out (HUUUH!!!)

Why, I think that calls for a...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9K_VC7qlakA

• maddbomber83maddbomber83 Member Posts: 422

Awesome, I'm saving up for the Pirate Outfit though.

As for the immersion people, you can only wear these out of combat, and swapping back is too much a pain you won't see them very often.  The most likely place is guild banquets where shinanigans run rampent and those would be a lot of fun to play with.

• MagterMagter Member Posts: 289

This game was never serious. It was always trying to be a themepark MMO. I wouldn't be surprised if they add baby unicorns as followers.

Purpose in life is not to gain things, but experience. - Rover64dd

• The_KorriganThe_Korrigan Member RarePosts: 3,456
    Even with people using those gloves and other funny items in towns, this game remains more immersive than most MMOs released these last years could claim to be. I gladly sacrifice having to sometimes watch such a fun animation when in town if it means having the huge, living world GW2 has.
    Respect, walk, what did you say?
    Respect, walk
    Are you talkin' to me? Are you talkin' to me?
    - PANTERA at HELLFEST 2023
    Yes, they are back !

• andre369andre369 Member UncommonPosts: 970
    You made me buy them... :D
  • SevenwindSevenwind Member UncommonPosts: 2,188

Asheron's Call 2 had a setting like that you could turn on and those images would pop out hitting mobs. 

.. .... .- - . - .-. --- .-.. .-.. ... .-- .... --- .-. . .--. --- .-. - .-.-.-

--------------------------------------------------------
    Promote what you love instead of bashing what you hate.

• andre369andre369 Member UncommonPosts: 970
    Originally posted by Sevenwind

Asheron's Call 2 had a setting like that you could turn on and those images would pop out hitting mobs. 

Comics had settings like that before there were computers, well close to anyway. 

Ugh, we really gonna start, who did it first contest?

There you go - how about Batman kapow! bam! pow! zlonk! effects... that would be hardcore!  Hardcore camp...but hardcore!

• SevenwindSevenwind Member UncommonPosts: 2,188
    Originally posted by andre369
    Originally posted by Sevenwind

Comics had settings like that before there were computers, well close to anyway. 

Ugh, we really gonna start, who did it first contest?

Wow, calm down. I wasn't implying anything that AC2 had it first. Just saying it had it. Phew it's friday, relax.

.. .... .- - . - .-. --- .-.. .-.. ... .-- .... --- .-. . .--. --- .-. - .-.-.-

--------------------------------------------------------
    Promote what you love instead of bashing what you hate.

• gurugeorgegurugeorge Member UncommonPosts: 481
    Yeah, the game has immersion to spare.  I don't begrudge it some fun, silly items.
  • mazutmazut Member UncommonPosts: 988
    hehe ^^
  • JimmyYOJimmyYO Member UncommonPosts: 519
    Some people thought GW2 immersion was a selling point? That's cute.
  • GwapoJoshGwapoJosh Member UncommonPosts: 1,030

What he said.. I hate shit like this. People use stuff like these gloves to annoy the hell out of you in game.  I love immersive worlds.

"You are all going to poop yourselves." BillMurphy

"Laugh and the world laughs with you. Weep and you weep alone."

• The_KorriganThe_Korrigan Member RarePosts: 3,456
    Respect, walk, what did you say?
    Respect, walk
    Are you talkin' to me? Are you talkin' to me?
    - PANTERA at HELLFEST 2023
    Yes, they are back !

• TwoThreeFourTwoThreeFour Member UncommonPosts: 2,155
    Originally posted by JimmyYO
    Some people thought GW2 immersion was a selling point? That's cute.

Compared to the lifeless world of SWTOR, yes it is a selling point. The immersion isn't as good as it could be, but it is good for being a MMORPG, in my opinion.

• tort0429tort0429 Member UncommonPosts: 297
    Originally posted by Magter

This game was never serious. It was always trying to be a themepark MMO. I wouldn't be surprised if they add baby unicorns as followers.

What are you people talking about???  Destroy immersion.  This adds to immersion.  Haven't you people ever been drunk?  You know how many times I've pulled out boxing gloves when I've been hammered.   lol   And you do know you character can drink in GW2.    

It's awesome for immersion.  It's awesome for fun.   And you people need to lighten up.   Life can be fun you know.

Sheesh.

Originally posted by Torvaldr

I'm sorry to hear you're so easily shaken.  Fortunately for me I'm not that fragile.  I'm having a great time with immersion in the game.  The Guild Wars universe isn't a medieval mirror.  It's a technologically advanced universe that combines high fantasy and science fiction.

I love the art, music, and ambience just like I did with the original.  My gripes with the game have nothing to do with the immersion.

Right, so you would not mind that if in the Bilbo upcoming movie, Gandalf put some Hip Hop clothes on and start to sing rap music?

Immersion matters in some media, like movies, dont understand why it would not in fantasy games.

Originally posted by tort0429
    Originally posted by Magter

What are you people talking about???  Destroy immersion.  This adds to immersion.  Haven't you people ever been drunk?  You know how many times I've pulled out boxing gloves when I've been hammered.   lol   And you do know you character can drink in GW2.    

It's awesome for immersion.  It's awesome for fun.   And you people need to lighten up.   Life can be fun you know.

Sheesh.

What has you getting wasted got to do with immersion in a fantasy world? Do you even know what immersion mean?