Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Returning player, a few xmog ?'s please

LuminattiLuminatti Member UncommonPosts: 45

So recently I came across this transmog feature that was added at some point after I quit playing.  One of the reasons I quit playing WoW was that despite pretty decent itemization - end game highest items everyone looked like clones of each other.  Also some of the item skins... well let's just say the artists and I disagree on what looks decent.  So let me get to a few questions if someone would be so kind to answer...

1.  To make sure I have the basic concept down... something like my headless horseman plate helm (the purple one with stats), I would be able to use the item skin but apply it to the stats of a different (higher ilevel) plate helm on my warrior?

2.  My new good looking xmog item, could i reapply the way it looks to another upgrade or do I have to go back and refarm the item skin I want to use again?  Example, I use my old 2 hand sword (from Hakkar in vanilla that i kept) on a level 85 2 hand sword.... at level 90 I want to use the skin again can I use the xmoged 85 or would I have to refarm the old lvl 60 sword again?  (which in this case isn't even available in game anymore)

3.  The popular Quel'serrar or whatever from Onyxia - it can only be equipped by war/pally and I think DK... even if my rogue can equip 1 hand swords - since he cannot equip that sword he would not be able to use it as a skin for xmog?

Thanks in advance if anyone takes the time to answer.  I was quite the collector and folks would be amazed at how much I have saved - this seems like a very fun feature and I can't imagine the items I saved for novelty could actually have function again.  I'm guessing some of my boe stuff might be selling for a ton now. 

Comments

• ShadoedShadoed Member UncommonPosts: 1,459

Here is a link to the forum post explaining the rules;

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3196342583

I must say that i have enjoyed making my L85 kitted mage look like a L20 scrap collector, a lot more interesting than just a run of the mill same kit different day characters :)

It must be Thursday, i never could get the hang of Thursdays.

• ghostfaeriesghostfaeries Member UncommonPosts: 89
    you can xmog that helm, and any other item with stats. except legendaries and level 60 pvp gear. as long as you keep these original items you may xmog them in the future. (I would put them in void storage.)
  • macrowowmacrowow Member Posts: 26
    Transmog is one of my favorite things since I got back. It really lets you be unique in the world. I just wish I had kept all that gear!
  • WhiteLanternWhiteLantern Member RarePosts: 3,309
    With the new change to hunter weapons, I'm now running around with my old Wrathfire Handcannon on my back (Ah, the memories it evokes).

I want a mmorpg where people have gone through misery, have gone through school stuff and actually have had sex even. -sagil

• LuminattiLuminatti Member UncommonPosts: 45

Thanks for all the replies, while I do see some gaps that could make this feature even better - i am happy that it overall does allow for a little bit of individuality with your toon.

I still wonder about one thing - the item you farm for to use the look of - it remains even after you use it as a template right?  Old sword X that you farm, u use it on new item to look like old sword X, but old sword X remains in inventory to be used again?

Thanks all

• LissylLissyl Member UncommonPosts: 271
    Originally posted by Luminatti

Thanks for all the replies, while I do see some gaps that could make this feature even better - i am happy that it overall does allow for a little bit of individuality with your toon.

I still wonder about one thing - the item you farm for to use the look of - it remains even after you use it as a template right?  Old sword X that you farm, u use it on new item to look like old sword X, but old sword X remains in inventory to be used again?

Thanks all

Yes it does.  It only copies the appearance, not merges/uses the item. 

Since the Transmog guy and the Void Storage guy are right beside each other, what I like to do is stuff my transmog outfits into VS so anytime I want to change they're right there.   Note: It'll cost a few hundred to get set up that way, and a few hundred to do a full outfit change and put back into storage so if money is an issue, store them in your main bank.

Welcome back!