Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I give up! Pick my future MMORPG on September 25th

2»

Comments

• LordOfPitLordOfPit Member UncommonPosts: 86
    I personally will be dividing my time between: GW2, TSW. And possibly others like: SWTOR (when it goes F2P), STO, CO, NWO and a whole bunch of single-co/op games like Borderlands 2, XCOM, FTL and Dishonored to name a few.
  • FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,903

If you're burned out then just play other genres of games until you get the itch to return.

Personally, I'm not feeling MMOs and if I play anything it will be GW2 which is what I played last.  As a LOTRO lifer I will eventually buy the ROR quest pack for my free points and then quit once I hit the cap.

I'm more likely to be playing LOL, TL2 or sport sims than an MMO.  Actually, I've gone back to reading for a while and skipping games.

• ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    Perpetuum would fit your tastes

Also eve and fallen earth

Some of the recomendations like eq2 and rift won't at all, they aren't sandboxes (or even hybrids)

Gw2 is a themepark too,but has a few sandbox touches, better choice than above 2
  • GoldenArrowGoldenArrow Member UncommonPosts: 1,186

I'd go with any asian mmorpg.

Tera got wester-rapenized but I think there's still hope for other titles.

Blade & Soul will be great contender (being #2 in korea at the moment) unless they wester-rapenize it aswell.

FFXIV : ARR is probably the  best choice for people who are bored with the western mmo's, since it's pretty much maintained and created in asian (japanese) standards and having global service it will not have difference in the versions. It's the asian mmorpg that will stay Asian.

• ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    Again tera and especially b & s are very linear user themeparks. B & s is like a kung-fu swtor, corridory as hell.

They don't fit the ops request at all.
  • slickbizzleslickbizzle Member Posts: 464
    Originally posted by VirusDancer
    Originally posted by slickbizzle
    I need some help picking my game as well.  It has to be a game that is being released on the 25th.  What is the best game being released on the 25th of this month that I should spend my money on?

FIFA Soccer 13's coming out Sep 25th... but if soccer's not your thing, there's The Testament of Sherlock Holmes too.

Hmmm... Those may be pretty good, but I'm looking for a good MMO. A very good MMO and it has to be released on the 25th.

• FoomerangFoomerang Member UncommonPosts: 5,628

Rift is the best themepark out right now and the expansion will only solidify that title.

• AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928
    Originally posted by Foomerang

Rift is the best themepark out right now and the expansion will only solidify that title.

Rift is a great game but overall find GW2 a much better game overall.. seems poll shows others agree but honestly OP if you are burned out on themeparks or MMOs in general there's no point in really forcing yourself into one. Perhaps give borderlands 2 a shot to kill some time?

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• daltaniousdaltanious Member UncommonPosts: 2,381
    Originally posted by lucasdeis
    swtor of course,

Swtor is my main game of all times, only one that was able to move long years king Wow in my heart to very close 2nd position (or at best would say they share trone :-)), ... but have been playing without interruptions swtor for 7 to 8 months, something never ever happend in past with any game. But to keep interest fresh I think some detour from time to time is a must. And I like also other games and want to try. Even if one love pizza, can not eat pizza for years and years and 6 times per day and still having a blast. At least short break is mondatory.

After MOP I guess will go back to Rift, but maybe will stay for some time with GW2 which is imo one of the best releases ever.

Ultima, AO, EQ, ... ye, they were fun. At THAT time. As there was time I had a blast with pacman even before PC era. But that was at that time. Pacman no longer apeal to me. Have great memories about, but now is the past. Same for EQ & co. It sims pretty silly to say ... wow, pacman (eq, ultima, ...) is best game of all times. But to some maybe it is. Have hard times to understand, but ...

• JemcrystalJemcrystal Member UncommonPosts: 1,984

Final Fantasy 14 and Vanguard are wayyyyy laggy.  Ultima Online and Minecraft have ugly graphics.  Sims 2 is cheap (thru Amazon.com), has awesome graphics, is completely customizable, but is not an online multiplayer.  I mention it because Sims 2 is what I've chosen to play until something better comes.  GW2 cost to much and looks like themepark which everyone is bored of now.  Eve Online and SWOTR are space games which don't jive with fantasy freaks (unicorns, elves, dwarves, alluring mermaidens).

Basically there is nothing to play until Otherland or ArcheAge gets here and I'm betting ArcheAge has lag issues as well.

• eskelaeskela Member Posts: 39

This thread is more like popularity contest, than anything else. So I kinda jump in.

I'd go for The Secret World, there's 3 days trial availble (plus, if you manage to make 30 quests in 3 days, you get extra 2 days of trial and 1200 points for cashshop goodies).

Despite whatever fancy stuff OP is looking for, please just go for trial. This game has proven to me that people judge it completly different than I expected them to. Usually, in positive way. This is a game with quite stable better positive reviews from users than from critics, which is very rare these days. So, this game kinda makes players happy. I haven't seen that one since few hyped game releases. :)

Of course, TSW is a bit of aquired taste. But you have to try it first, while most people just go with people's opinion - usually negative ones as they stand out more. 

• cyrex6cyrex6 Member Posts: 9
    dunno if it was mentioned already but try Final Fantasy XI or wait to see what they do with XIV
  • xDracxDrac Member UncommonPosts: 201

Well.... I think this Thread is really hitting it. He's right.. If you think about it. Don't you think this might be why you feel burnt out on MMO's? Because I too feel like I am, kind of.

http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/366165/Come-on-already-we-need-a-true-mmo-.html

Web & Graphic Design - www.xdrac.com

• NobleNerdNobleNerd Member UncommonPosts: 759

MMORPG you'll be stuck playing on Sept 25h:

WOW: MOP - 14.6%

Guild Wars 2 - 42.4%

EVE Online - 11.1%

SWTOR (Star Wars Old Republic) - 3.5%

LOTRO (Lord of the Ring Online) - 1.0%

DC Universe Online - 2.0%

The Secret World - 10.6%

Rift or Everquest 2 (mention in thread) - 4.0%

FFX11-14, Aion or other asian (mention in thread) - 5.6%

Play one of the above until Planetside 2 or other release this year (mention in thread) - 5.1%

Based on 198 votes.

Even though there are a few that want to bash GW2 it appears the community has spoken pretty loud so far.