Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

SoE SUCKS!!.. but i love Vanguard.

Gosh i hate SoE because of how greedy they are. They make players buy stuff in game to make it anywhere in game. IF you don't then you'll fall behind your friends. Even tho i hate SoE i'm still playing Vanguard because of how deep and awesome the game is.The world is just massive and beautiful.

If you've played WoW for many years and your just used to how the game feels and run... then this game isn't for you. If you want a challang In a game then vangaurd is awesome. Yes its one of those game you have to read everything and the Vet thats still playing the game are cool as hell. Most go out of there way to help you get used to the game because Vanguard has a Big learning curve. I've beta tested the game way back when...but things have changed the game still has bugs. If you look past those small bugs its an awesome world to be in. Its one of those love hate thing. lol so please don't burn me with fire lol.

In the end i still hate SoE...But i'll still play vanguard thats how good vanguard. lol

Comments

• mgilbrtsnmgilbrtsn Member EpicPosts: 3,430
    Thinking of coming back in.  How is the Pop since FTP?

I self identify as a monkey.

• S1LentKillerS1LentKiller Member CommonPosts: 71
    Its picking up now. lots of low lvl  makes finding a group alot easier. but then again some high are mentoring down to help out the lowbes. 
  • NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798
    i have mixed feelings about SOE but i enjoy their games :)
  • vort3xvort3x Member Posts: 129
    Originally posted by S1LentKiller

Gosh i hate SoE because of how greedy they are. They make players buy stuff in game to make it anywhere in game. IF you don't then you'll fall behind your friends. Even tho i hate SoE i'm still playing Vanguard because of how deep and awesome the game is.The world is just massive and beautiful.

If you've played WoW for many years and your just used to how the game feels and run... then this game isn't for you. If you want a challang In a game then vangaurd is awesome. Yes its one of those game you have to read everything and the Vet thats still playing the game are cool as hell. Most go out of there way to help you get used to the game because Vanguard has a Big learning curve. I've beta tested the game way back when...but things have changed the game still has bugs. If you look past those small bugs its an awesome world to be in. Its one of those love hate thing. lol so please don't burn me with fire lol.

In the end i still hate SoE...But i'll still play vanguard thats how good vanguard. lol

Exactly. SOE had a couple of good games on their hands but they ruined them all with their greed.  [mod edit]

• eddieg50eddieg50 Member UncommonPosts: 1,809
    you have to ask yourself , do I want to pay a sub fee or use the item shop, it is up to you not sony
  • BeackerBeacker Member UncommonPosts: 440

You know this was one of the best MMO's to come out but failed. I beta tested this game for 9 months before release and when we were told it was launching we were all like nooooooo. It def needed more time. In my opinion another year. I was vocal on the boards even had brad mcquaid respond to some one my posts. But they claimed they had to launch. This game imo could have been great. Sigil was doing good on this game and it is too bad microsoft pulled out but I understand why. SOE came into the picture and pretty much made them rush this game out, making it fail hard. There was so much potential here. I even played at launch for about 7 months for before moving on. The lack of raids at first was horrible. I think it was four or five months before the warehouse raids were put in.

The classes were awesome. I loved the bloodmage class, the bard and the disciple. All great classes that I wish were utilized more in other games. SOE ruined this game because they knew it was going to own thier love child known as EQ2. So why not purchase this game and let it go to shit while working on EQ2 and ignoring this one. Fast forward to present day now they want to bleed out what income they still can from this game. Too bad too because they could have done a better job. SOE's entire problem is they rush out games when they shouldn't. It is just a quick cash grab to them. Thier customer service is horrendous and sub par. I did go back to Vanguard at one point about a year ago and a petition of mine took 17 days to get back to me... Even in the days of EQ1 it would take 4 or 5 days to get a response.

In a way I am bitter this game failed because it had a ton of potential. I loved the chunking, the sandbox style, the intricate crafting system as well as diplomacy. The worlds were fuckin huge too. There was just so much to see and do. Yes it had its bugs but that was not fully Sigils fault it was SOE. Ever read the book or hear of the book "The Chocolate Touch" It is about a kid that everything he touches turns to chocolate. To me SOE has "The Shit touch" everything they touch goes to shit. Yet they have awesome game concepts, at least to me. So I still want to play thier games. I cringe when I find a game I want to play and it is by SOE. Planetside looks good but no thanks. After how bad DCUO was no thanks and I knew better too. Only reason I played it was my friend went to it and yea wish I didn't spend my money there. Even after I quit DCUO and unsubbed I still was charged. They wouldn't do anything about it even with confirmation email stating I had unsubbed months earlier.

I hate SOE I really do but yet again that good game concept has me pulled. Yup Everquest Next. EQ1 was my first MMO and I loved it. The thought of EQ Next excites me but again SOE is developing it. Double edged sword. I have no hope for the game or faith in this company. Odds are I will still play it at least to try when I shouldn't. I wish another game company would come up with good concepts. Too bad Verant went down the crappier and was absorbed by SOE. A good game is losing it's pusblisher, oh that is right SOE will take over and turn your game into crap. /end rant yes I have been drinking a bit lol.

Vanguard was one of the best failed MMO's to ever come around. I have great memories of the game too bad it didn't appeal to the masses.

• S1LentKillerS1LentKiller Member CommonPosts: 71
    Originally posted by Beacker

You know this was one of the best MMO's to come out but failed. I beta tested this game for 9 months before release and when we were told it was launching we were all like nooooooo. It def needed more time. In my opinion another year. I was vocal on the boards even had brad mcquaid respond to some one my posts. But they claimed they had to launch. This game imo could have been great. Sigil was doing good on this game and it is too bad microsoft pulled out but I understand why. SOE came into the picture and pretty much made them rush this game out, making it fail hard. There was so much potential here. I even played at launch for about 7 months for before moving on. The lack of raids at first was horrible. I think it was four or five months before the warehouse raids were put in.

The classes were awesome. I loved the bloodmage class, the bard and the disciple. All great classes that I wish were utilized more in other games. SOE ruined this game because they knew it was going to own thier love child known as EQ2. So why not purchase this game and let it go to shit while working on EQ2 and ignoring this one. Fast forward to present day now they want to bleed out what income they still can from this game. Too bad too because they could have done a better job. SOE's entire problem is they rush out games when they shouldn't. It is just a quick cash grab to them. Thier customer service is horrendous and sub par. I did go back to Vanguard at one point about a year ago and a petition of mine took 17 days to get back to me... Even in the days of EQ1 it would take 4 or 5 days to get a response.

In a way I am bitter this game failed because it had a ton of potential. I loved the chunking, the sandbox style, the intricate crafting system as well as diplomacy. The worlds were fuckin huge too. There was just so much to see and do. Yes it had its bugs but that was not fully Sigils fault it was SOE. Ever read the book or hear of the book "The Chocolate Touch" It is about a kid that everything he touches turns to chocolate. To me SOE has "The Shit touch" everything they touch goes to shit. Yet they have awesome game concepts, at least to me. So I still want to play thier games. I cringe when I find a game I want to play and it is by SOE. Planetside looks good but no thanks. After how bad DCUO was no thanks and I knew better too. Only reason I played it was my friend went to it and yea wish I didn't spend my money there. Even after I quit DCUO and unsubbed I still was charged. They wouldn't do anything about it even with confirmation email stating I had unsubbed months earlier.

I hate SOE I really do but yet again that good game concept has me pulled. Yup Everquest Next. EQ1 was my first MMO and I loved it. The thought of EQ Next excites me but again SOE is developing it. Double edged sword. I have no hope for the game or faith in this company. Odds are I will still play it at least to try when I shouldn't. I wish another game company would come up with good concepts. Too bad Verant went down the crappier and was absorbed by SOE. A good game is losing it's pusblisher, oh that is right SOE will take over and turn your game into crap. /end rant yes I have been drinking a bit lol.

Vanguard was one of the best failed MMO's to ever come around. I have great memories of the game too bad it didn't appeal to the masses.

I feel the same way with Everquest next. I can't wait till it come out, then i was like  FUCKKKK!!!! SoE is developing it!!!!! Its gonna be the same as planetside 2. I beta tested Planetside 2 at first it was awesome ( this is first wave of invites ) now in planetside 2.... you can slowly see the greed of SoE slipping in and the game is starting to Suck. your class starter gun sucks you have to unload a clip at point blank rang to kill a guy. But just wait cause in the near future you can buy a cash shop gun that will kill a heavy with 5 round to the body....Love how they just slip that in.lol. yes you can buy it with in game money but you need to spend 12.5k...for those of you who dosn't know how hard it is to get that 12.5k....you'll find out soon enough. lol GOSH I LOVE SOE!!!....NOT!!!