Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Think SWTOR's downfall will influence this game?

SendenSenden Member UncommonPosts: 602

This game reminded me of SWTOR... granted I pretty much lost interest the moment I found out Bethesda wasn't doing it but from the tidbits of info I saw I got the impression it was just another generic theme park game masked with a few cool features that will heavily rely on it's name to attract attention.

This sounds all too familiar with the sinking tortanic and I can only hope that with the failure of that game,  the devs will learn from the mistakes and actually go out and create a unique experience as opposed to fake elder scrolls: wow edition. 

Comments

• NeherunNeherun Member UncommonPosts: 280

I certainly bloody rags hope it does.

• UhwopUhwop Member UncommonPosts: 1,791

After playing GW2 I have a feeling I know pretty much how ESO is going to play, and I don't like the prospect. 

Classes with skills based on weapons, the more you use a specific weapon skills unlock, zone based PvP as end game type content, quests handled more like dynamic events, the ability to fight along side someone without having to group or be penelized, level of contribution determining the level of reward, personal story, POI based quest hubs. 

All of that is GW2, and all of that Zeni online has said about ESO.  The way they described the map and minimap is also just like they did it in GW2, with all the POI's listed on the map and appearing on the minimap (Or compass as I think they said it would be) when you get near them, but the ability to turn POI's off on the map.  I wouldn't be suprised in the least if they also make it so that resource nodes are phased so that even when I use it up, another player can still come by and harvest the same resource I just did. 

• ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    Yeah it sounds more gw2 than swtor.

I wish they would.
    Drop classes, copy eve or tsw (the tes system is too easy to exploit as seen by afk swimmers and stuff in df)
    Have crafting just like tes (to be fair it sounds like they are doing this)
    Drop all this personal story bollox, people play rpgs for that, its a waste of money in a mmo, in a mmo people want to make their own stories with their friends (of course it could turn out to be a minimal optional part of the game like gw2, in which case Fine)
  • bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838

Open world with 3 factions. Wpvp, one game world  not pvprs overhere, pvers over here and those who like both over here. One open world i.g. WoW, RIFT wih 3 factions.

It doesn't sound like Swtor or GW2 to me.

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"
    Pvp is another matter.

Basicly there's 3 approaches to pvp - uo/eve approach, daoc approach or wow approach.

Now I know people think the game should be ffa pvp, BUT there is no pvp in tes single player. Personally I think they made the right original approach by going the daoc route, as I just don't think it would sell that much if it was ffa pvp.

If purse they then ruin it by sticking in wow pvp too. Much like with the original open dungeons plan and then they decided to add dungeon instances later.

They should have the balls to go a No Instancing at all route, it would feel more tes like and differentiate them from other mmos.
    Bully its a daoc setup. 3 groups of pve areas for each faction. Cyrodil as the pvp area.

Which think is fine. But. They shouldn't have locked races to factions. They should have done it like Morrowind with the 3 dark elf houses. If you leveled up then went to cyrodil and there was 3 different imperial armies you could opt to fight for.
  • bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    So.. so the whole world does not have pvp like WoW and RIFT? :(
    "We see fundamentals and we ape in"
    No its a pvp orientated game with a rvr endgame and actual pvp content.

Not a raid grinder with mini game pvp and token flip a switch servers where "pvp magically happens"

That said they may go the daoc route of most servers being "core" - 1/4 of world pvp flagged a 1/4 for each factions pve area. Some servers being "ffa" with pvp flagged everywhere and some servers being "coop" with no pvp and cross faction grouping.

If you played warhammer world is Luke that but instead of lots of little pvp lakes, there's one massive pvp lake - whole of cyrodil.
  • ZigZagsZigZags Member UncommonPosts: 381
    I think it will influence the powers that be to scrap it and not waste anymore time and money on what is inevitably going to be the next big disaster.

Dragnon - Guildmaster - Albion Central Bank in Albion Online

www.albioncentralbank.enjin.com