Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Latest X-fire numbers?

Comments

• winterwinter Member UncommonPosts: 2,281

bah double post :P

• halflife25halflife25 Member Posts: 737
    Originally posted by winter
    Originally posted by Jackdog
    Originally posted by krakra70

It doesn't matter if the decline is deccelerating or steady. What matters is that there is a decline already (not even 1 month after launch). Successful MMOs usually GROW in numbers for the first few years, then they peak and then they start losing players. 

stil have not answered the question. WoW had right at 49K players on Aug 26 2 days before GW2 release, yesterday it had 21K,. SWToR, LoTRO. and Aion are all also pretty much at the same pont they were at GW2's release. If people are abandoning GW2 in droves as you are claiming where are they going ? WoW lost almost 60% of it's XFire numbers with GW2's release and they don't seem to be going back

Why do they need to be going anywhere? Just because we get bored of a game (SW:Tor, GW2, TSW whatever) does not mean we have to automatically jump into another game.  Maybe they are playing Borderlands 2 or Torchlight 2 . Most GW players seem nmore of a single player game sort then  MMO players anyway ie no need to chat, no need for strategy, etc.

and as far as your previous comment about panda's I agree they are kiddy like but less so IMO then say the asura.  I haven't wow in years and I'd still rather play a panda over a asura., but all to their own kiddie type races

Yeah even i don't get this menality. As if mmo players only jump between WOW and GW2 or other couple of MMOS in XFIRE. What are the chances they are not playing any MMO and just sticking to single player games or not playing anything at all.

And i already covered 'MOP is for kids' comment and i don't think it is even worth discussing especially when such comments are made by GW2 fans. Irony at its best. I agree with you 100%.

• KareliaKarelia Member Posts: 668

It doesn't matter if the decline is deccelerating or steady. What matters is that there is a decline already (not even 1 month after launch). Successful MMOs usually GROW in numbers for the first few years, then they peak and then they start losing players. 

stil have not answered the question. WoW had right at 49K players on Aug 26 2 days before GW2 release, yesterday it had 21K,. SWToR, LoTRO. and Aion are all also pretty much at the same pont they were at GW2's release. If people are abandoning GW2 in droves as you are claiming where are they going ? WoW lost almost 60% of it's XFire numbers with GW2's release and they don't seem to be going back

Why do they need to be going anywhere? Just because we get bored of a game (SW:Tor, GW2, TSW whatever) does not mean we have to automatically jump into another game.  Maybe they are playing Borderlands 2 or Torchlight 2 . Most GW players seem nmore of a single player game sort then  MMO players anyway ie no need to chat, no need for strategy, etc.

and as far as your previous comment about panda's I agree they are kiddy like but less so IMO then say the asura.  I haven't played wow in years and I'd still rather play a panda over a asura., but all to their own kiddie type races

except asura, check the 2 legendary bows at gw2 and you ll see what  really meens kiddie

• JackdogJackdog Member UncommonPosts: 6,321

and as far as your previous comment about panda's I agree they are kiddy like but less so IMO then say the asura.  I haven't wow in years and I'd still rather play a panda over a asura., but all to their own kiddie type races

that stil does not account for the 25% etc loss the other MMO's have taken with GW2's launch, even account for the patch ate 60% of my Xfire excuse of WoW.

On the Panda thing it is how many people will resub just to play a panda or level a monk class toon from scratch in some other race, or grind out 5 more levels on their old toons so they can jump back onto the raid hampster wheel? Not sure how big the zone is for the explorer types and how long it would hold anyones interest but that would be the other factor.

I know some will but how many and for how long is the question. I saw population increases in my other games from a expac. DAoC, LoTRO etc but those bumps were temprary at best and the games were soon lower in pop than they were before the xpac

I miss DAoC

• GhavriggGhavrigg Member RarePosts: 1,308

Latest shits given? 0.

X-fire is useless.

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798

i want to see XFIRE numbers in November after  SWTOR goes ftp

GW2 / SWTOR ftp / WOW MOP  duke it out

Originally posted by Nadia

good point. I know I will finish leveling my mid level toons in SWToR on days when I feel Star Warsy

I miss DAoC

• PivotelitePivotelite Member UncommonPosts: 2,145

I do find it slightly alarming that the average playtime has almost been cut in half.

We will judge what this weekend peak is and base it from there...

First weekend peak - 93,000

Second weekend peak - 79,000

Third weekend peak - 69,000

Today - 44,000

Fourth weekend peak - ????

Todays numbers are setting up for a pretty big drop, I don't see the pace of decline slowing down, which is unfortunate.

Isn't the LoTRO expansion also out in Nov, and I think Rifts and TSW  expansions will be out fairly soon. Not sure of the date., Heck even DDo has a update coming out in November, so I figure there will be many things drawing on the GW2 crowd. not saying anyone is better just that comeptition will be around

Isn't the LoTRO expansion also out in Nov, and I think Rifts and TSW  expansions will be out fairly soon. Not sure of the date., Heck even DDo has a update coming out in November, so I figure there will be many things drawing on the GW2 crowd. not saying anyone is better just that comeptition will be around

/agree and competition in the market can only be good for us fans

One thing unique about GW2 is that you can play it whenyou feel like and not feel like you are wasting money on the days you are not playing it.

What I am wondering is if I can really go back to the quest hub system and be happy though. It might be like driving my old Camaro, fun for a hour or two but not nearly as comfortable or have as many convenience features as my Accord. I am stil on the fence about buying the LoTRO expansion. I have not realy played it much in a couple of years now and 90% of my old kinship has moved on. I think my highest level is level 61 or 62

I miss DAoC

Originally posted by papardelios

and as far as your previous comment about panda's I agree they are kiddy like but less so IMO then say the asura.  I haven't played wow in years and I'd still rather play a panda over a asura., but all to their own kiddie type races

except asura, check the 2 legendary bows at gw2 and you ll see what  really meens kiddie

What you mean the unicorn pony bow that shoots rainbows? Nah thats mature adult stuff right JD?

One thing unique about GW2 is that you can play it whenyou feel like and not feel like you are wasting money on the days you are not playing it.

What I am wondering is if I can really go back to the quest hub system and be happy though. It might be like driving my old Camaro, fun for a hour or two but not nearly as comfortable or have as many convenience features as my Accord. I am stil on the fence about buying the LoTRO expansion. I have not realy played it much in a couple of years now and 90% of my old kinship has moved on. I think my highest level is level 61 or 62

Meh I've never really felt thats hearts were really all that different then quest hubs, and then theres the hole imersion breaker,  I don't mind talking to npc's to get quests compared to having quests just telepathically beamed into my head as soon as I enter a area because you know talking to a npc is just too hard :)

All to their own I admit I'm a bit old school having been playing before EQ even

• FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,903

LOTRO expansion is early October.  It was pushed back from a September release.

How in the world is TSW going to have an expansion out soon when they just released?

• KareliaKarelia Member Posts: 668

Meh I've never really felt thats hearts were really all that different then quest hubs, and then theres the hole imersion breaker,  I don't mind talking to npc's to get quests compared to having quests just telepathically beamed into my head as soon as I enter a area because you know talking to a npc is just too hard :)

All to their own I admit I'm a bit old school having been playing before EQ even

agree 100%

What you mean the unicorn pony bow that shoots rainbows? Nah thats mature adult stuff right JD?

you are aware that GW2 alows you to re skin the equipment and keep the stats right ? Wil WoW allow me to reskin a panda LOL. Better not try, PETA might find out  LOL

I miss DAoC

I have found about dozen or more easter egg quests/treasure chests, veteran mob spawn triggers etc with no markers at all and my max toon is only level 60. I am sure there are more that I have not found. Arenanet means it when they say explore, talk to NPC's, use emotes etc. There is a lot of completly unmarked content in this game. See a cave go in it, see a hole in the ground, jump down there. See a shrine, pray to the deity....may be something may not , won't know unles you look or try

I miss DAoC

• krakra70krakra70 Member Posts: 122
    Originally posted by Ethos86
    Just looking at the chart at http://beta.xfire.com/games/gw2 it's easy to see that gw2's population is shrinking very quickly. And the best is yet to come (MoP).

Hey you WoW fan over there, you are hiding it very poorly you know. Have you checked the big shrink in numbers on Xfire there are for WoW's hours played starting on August 25th? Like they lost more than half, and still didn't recover from that over a month now. How would that be? Even with releasing the MoP update to the public right after GW2 release to counter it.

Let me tell you, it's when GW2 released. And yes WoW will rise again a bit with MoP, but it will also decline after the launch back to it's normal state, just like GW2 is declining now to find it's steady point of hours played. If you look to the chart then you should see that the fall is slowing down actually... but yeah. Fact is, WoW isn't king anymore, for the last month, if you look at Xfire numbers (and no other MMO has done that since WoW's release). We will see in 6 months when both MoP and GW2 aren't new any longer who's where then, and who's on top.

Mkay?

All I can do now is give credit to WoW for still currently being reasonably high on hours played, concidering it's such an old game. But even a WoW fan should give GW2 credit for what is has achieved already. GW2 is the most succesfull MMO launch since WoW, if you like it or not.

When you call me a WoW fan you seem very desperate, man. I have played WoW for maybe 1 month in the last 2 years (cata release). Also you seem to have trouble seeing that WoWs population is completely stable since 30/8 while GW2 is falling since 2/9.

• maddbomber83maddbomber83 Member Posts: 422

So, comparing the B2P numbers of a game to the P2P numbers of a game is kinda odd, no?

You'll see a similar pattern for WoW as GW2 in the aspect of content.  GW2 players will play less once they have consumed all the content they want.  They will then play more once new content is released.

WoW works the same way, only you have to cancle your sub inbetween patches if you don't want to pay for a game you are not playing.

• JyiigaJyiiga Member UncommonPosts: 1,187
    I vote everyone that has Xfires leaves the GW2 launcher open when they are not playing. Do it while you are at work. Do it while you are sleeping. Lets screw up and inflate this silly metrics that so many live by. 
  • halflife25halflife25 Member Posts: 737

you are aware that GW2 alows you to re skin the equipment and keep the stats right ? Wil WoW allow me to reskin a panda LOL. Better not try, PETA might find out  LOL

You can reskin 'my little pony'  pink bow but you can not re skin Asura either. Seriously you need to stop with this 'WOW is for kiddies' crap.

• botrytisbotrytis Member RarePosts: 3,363
    At least GW2 doesn't have Kung Fu Pandas with Jack Black's voice.................

• WeretigarWeretigar Member UncommonPosts: 600
    Originally posted by Paddyspub
    Wondering how this game is doing in terms of x-fire numbers after almost a month since EA.   Anyone know?  Anyone got a chart?

You could just stop being lazy and check xfire since you have an account with them. To much hate in this thread.

• TheLizardbonesTheLizardbones Member CommonPosts: 10,910

Originally posted by Jyiiga
    I vote everyone that has Xfires leaves the GW2 launcher open when they are not playing. Do it while you are at work. Do it while you are sleeping. Lets screw up and inflate this silly metrics that so many live by. 

This is actually pretty common. Speculation is that it's to deliberately drive up an individual player's game time, but it could just be lazyness on the part of the user.

I can not remember winning or losing a single debate on the internet.

• SicaeSicae Member Posts: 110

The modern gamer gets hyped up months before launch of a game, buys it at release, spend huge amount of time on their new game during the first two weeks and then quickly get tired of the game, whines on forums and then start hyping up about a new game.

GW2's drop on xfire is because of how the modern gamer plays new games. Quality of the game will determine how many players buy the first expansion.

• GinazGinaz Member RarePosts: 2,470
    Originally posted by Eir_S
    Just looking at the chart at http://beta.xfire.com/games/gw2 it's easy to see that gw2's population is shrinking very quickly. And the best is yet to come (MoP).

Best kid's game, maybe.

And you don't have the population statistics for GW2, the only evidence is that people are playing less than they did at launch.  That happens to every MMO.

So its ok to stereotype people that play WoW as children, but to stereotype GW2 fans as over bearing zealots is not ok?  Got ya.image

Is a man not entitled to the herp of his derp?

Remember, I live in a world where juggalos and yugioh players are real things.

This discussion has been closed.