Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Game music

nikooo0nikooo0 Member Posts: 25

What game in your opinion has the best music in it. Although this is mmorpg.com it doesn't have to be an mmorpg, it can be any game.

In my opinion i would say that everquest 2 has really good music, it's very different to most styles of music and it has a verm warm and fantasy feel to it, which helps you to feel more immersed within the game IMO.

What do you think..

Comments

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

Battlefield Vietnam.

For MMOs it is AoC followed by GW.

• nikooo0nikooo0 Member Posts: 25
    ahhh yes i agree with that, the original GW music was fantastic!
  • eldariseldaris Member UncommonPosts: 353

AoC then WOW,EQ2 and EVE.I didn't played much Gw1 but the music I remember was good,in fact my favorite music in gw2 is the one inspired or taken from gw1 music.

• majimaji Member UncommonPosts: 2,091

Fallen Earth

I just love those lonely guitar tunes as I make my way through the endless wasteland. :)

Let's play Fallen Earth (blind, 300 episodes)

Let's play Guild Wars 2 (blind, 45 episodes)

• PewpsockemzPewpsockemz Member Posts: 49
    Duke Nukem
  • dave6660dave6660 Member UncommonPosts: 2,699
    Games have music?

“There are certain queer times and occasions in this strange mixed affair we call life when a man takes this whole universe for a vast practical joke, though the wit thereof he but dimly discerns, and more than suspects that the joke is at nobody's expense but his own.”
    -- Herman Melville

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 31,937

hmmm, best is a touch cookie.

I remember someone posting a link to you tube to some sort of final fantasy music which he thought was the best. It was horrible. practically two chords throughout (tonic or the "first of the key" and dominant or the fifth of the key") and the theme was, in my opinion, just musical noodling over those harmonies.

I've liked the Lineage 2/Aioin music. Not all of it but a decent amount. I think the Guild Wars 2 music is very good.

Though understated, Tera's music is pretty good as it tends to be a bit more atmospheric.

WoW has some good music though from what I've heard it strikes me to be very much like "movie music".

Morrowind/Skyrim/Oblvion has good music thought that's Jeremy Soul who did GW2.

The Witcher 2 has some good music.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • UtukuMoonUtukuMoon Member Posts: 1,066

AOC

Vanguard

Gothic 3

The Witcher 1&2

LOTRO

EQ

EQ2

Games that i find the music seriously lacking.

GW2

Rift

DA2

• Maddog1195Maddog1195 Member Posts: 16

The best game music for me had to be Final Fantasy (multiple games)/Chrono Trigger/Cross - but this could be my nostalgia showing

As for more modern games and MMOs - WoW had some good tunes and I haven't turned off the GW2 music yet.  Also Dragon Age: Origins had some pretty epic music.  All and all, if its not annoying I leave game music on as it helps me immerse myself in that world/game setting.

• pupurunpupurun Member UncommonPosts: 561

AOC  is undoubtelly the game with the best music soundtrack.

All of the above that were mentioned have indeed great musicla scores but lets not forget to include  Istaria  

• asmkm22asmkm22 Member Posts: 1,788
    The one that has withstood the test of time for me is the 1st WoW expansion, The Burning Crusade.  Most MMO music is pretty disposable, but that one is an exception for me.

You make me like charity

• WhiteLanternWhiteLantern Member RarePosts: 3,306
    Basically, anything composed by Hitoshi Sakimoto: Ogre battle, Vagrant Story, Tactics Ogre, ect. Also, the Bioshock 2 soundtrack is really good.

I want a mmorpg where people have gone through misery, have gone through school stuff and actually have had sex even. -sagil

• PsyMike3dPsyMike3d Member UncommonPosts: 388

Games that i find the music seriously lacking.

GW2

Really? I believe that the best element of GW2 is the music... Jeremy Soule is amazing!

• LoLifeLoLife Member CommonPosts: 174

Metal gear solid (PS1) for personal best.

Might of posted a Star Wars game like Reble Assault or SWG, while awesome scores, I feel using John Williams film score is cheating. image

• RohnRohn Member UncommonPosts: 3,730
    AoC and TSW, in that order, have some of the best music I've heard.

Hell hath no fury like an MMORPG player scorned.

• xDracxDrac Member UncommonPosts: 201
    Lineage II and RF Online, by far.

Web & Graphic Design - www.xdrac.com

• TrissaTrissa Member Posts: 251
    Lineage II to me. By far.
  • stratasaurusstratasaurus Member Posts: 220
    Final Fantasy series for games in general.  Honestly even though I leave game music on most the time I can't say I really pay much attention to it in MMOs and I can't think of anything memorable.  So I don't really a MMO answer.
  • AeliousAelious Member RarePosts: 3,521
    I don't think I've regularly played a game with a bad soundtrack to be honest. Most notable would be EQ2 and WoW. I will say that VG music, though not bad, put me to sleep a few times because if how tranquil it sounded :).

One thing of note is EQ2's combat music. After the RoK expansion the battle music was composed of 14 tracks that would interchange depending on how you were doing in a fight.
  • AeliousAelious Member RarePosts: 3,521
    EQ2 and WoW being great soundtracks, not bad. The above post was a little misleading.
  • CrazyCronusCrazyCronus Member UncommonPosts: 47

I will post my top three favourite game soundtracks:

1) Elder Scrolls III and V

2) Classic RPGs like Baldur's Gate 1 & 2, Ice Wind Dale, Neverwinter Nights, Planescape Torment etc.

3) World of Warcraft

Its more than three games but hey ;P

• FeytFeyt Member Posts: 1

JETSETRADIOFUTURE

Bomberman 64

Glover

Diddy Kong Racing

Banjo-Kazooie

Wave Race 64

Mario Kart 64

STARFOX 64

Zelda 64

Billy Hatcher and the Giant Egg

Final Fantasy VIII, IX, X, XI, XIII

Mass Effect series

Dave Mirra Freestyle BMX 2

I don't know. I love these.

• JemcrystalJemcrystal Member UncommonPosts: 1,983

Mabinogi

Kingdom Hearts

Final Fantasy anything.

• ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    Mmo wise
    Tsw
    Aoc
    Eve
    Swtor
    Gw2

General games - cannon fodder
    In fact golden age britsh games in general, like iridium, sensible soccer, Jeff minters stuff, gods, bullfrogs stuff, chaos engine etc..
  • ForumPvPForumPvP Member Posts: 871

MMO : Anarchy Online

Other mmm really hard to say mmm theres so many mmm :  R-type (Amiga) ,sorry M.G and R.H.

Let's internet