Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DPS capabilities

Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686

Just wondering what you guys think about the DPS capabillities of the classes..

So far i think this comes closest.

1 Warrior

2 Thief

3 Ranger

4 Guardian

5 Mesmer

6 Necromancer

7 Elementalist

8 Engineer

So whats your idea?

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

Comments

• Luffy4lifeLuffy4life Member Posts: 74
    Idk about lvl 80 but my 40 elementalist air - scepter + dagger puts out so much single target dps its sickening...
  • kaiser3282kaiser3282 Member UncommonPosts: 2,759
    Really depends on if you're talking single target vs AoE as well as what sort of builds we're talking. A lot of it is situational. If youre talking just sitting there hitting a target that does nothing, like a practice dummy, then yeah you might be right, but some builds in some of thos elower ranked classes can put out massive DPS against large groups and depending on enemy actions (like condition spreading & boon to condition converting necros).
  • AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928
    Originally posted by Luffy4life
    Idk about lvl 80 but my 40 elementalist air - scepter + dagger puts out so much single target dps its sickening...

what build are you using? i haven't found a decent one around 40 using air.. seem to do a ton more damage with a fire based build or even earth/fire with condition damage.

Also OP you talking single target or AOE because some classes hit much harder with AOE and some much harder single target

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686
    Originally posted by Aerowyn
    Originally posted by Luffy4life

what build are you using? i haven't found a decent one around 40 using air.. seem to do a ton more damage with a fire based build or even earth/fire with condition damage.

Also OP you talking single target or AOE because some classes hit much harder with AOE and some much harder single target

For most classes single target and multi target depends on the build.

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

• ThorbrandThorbrand Member Posts: 1,198

Single Target would be Thief, Ranger, Warrior.

Would need to be broken in to Melee and Ranged.

• Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686
    Originally posted by Thorbrand

Single Target would be Thief, Ranger, Warrior.

Would need to be broken in to Melee and Ranged.

Mellee outdamages most ranged...

• WolvardsWolvards Member Posts: 650
    Originally posted by Lord.Bachus

Just wondering what you guys think about the DPS capabillities of the classes..

So far i think this comes closest.

1 Warrior

2 Thief

3 Ranger

4 Guardian

5 Mesmer --

6 Necromancer 

7 Elementalist 

8 Engineer

So whats your idea?

Off personal builds, I'd rate like this...

1 Thief -- insane dps in 3 seconds, like death... Multiple builds for this too. PW and HS are 2 diff builds.

2 Warrior -- My Rifle crit build burst dps crits for 12k, Volley for 7k

3 Mesmer -- Guildie critted a gaurdian for 25k dps (in WvW) -- Mesmers can do dps.

4 Elementalist -- Can do some great single target dps as well as AoE, Crit builds with Might stacking = 1500+ dps per shot

5 -- Ranger -- Haven't played, but seen some good dps rangers

6 -- Gaurdian -- Prolly in a tie with Ranger, GS for dps, Hammer for control

7 -- Necro -- This is my main class, lacks pure dps unless intensely glass cannon for DS, even lacks in the condition department comparing to other classes

8 -- Engineer, this one is hard to rate, I've built some high crit dps rifle builds and flame builds, but it's so much more work to get them there.

The "Youtube Pro": Someone who watches video's on said subject, and obviously has a full understanding of what is being said about such subject.

• valunvalun Member UncommonPosts: 203
    My engineer has 5k dps and its mostly aoe, I don't think anyone even close to that (it's not 5 sec burst, lol, I mean real dps).

Are you stupid? Do you think i'm gonna waste my life for real life?image
  • DarwaDarwa Member UncommonPosts: 2,181
    Originally posted by valun
    My engineer has 5k dps and its mostly aoe, I don't think anyone even close to that (it's not 5 sec burst, lol, I mean real dps).

What sort of build are you using for this?