Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

AV !!!What have you done to me???!!!

PsyMike3dPsyMike3d Member UncommonPosts: 388
Why? The moment i saw the DarkFall UW announcement, i immediately lost interest for GW2. I was playing GW2 and having fun, but only in PvE. Anyone else felt the same? :P

Comments

• marcustmarcust Member UncommonPosts: 495
    Not lost interest but gone from having no other game on my radar to planning to play both after November 20th, assuming we get a west coast server and aussies can play without debilitating lag.

Playing: Darkfall New Dawn (and planning to play Fallout 76)
    Favourite games have included: UO, Lineage2, Darkfall, Lotro, Baldur's Gate, SSX, FF7 and yes the original Wizardry on an Apple IIe

• deathshrouddeathshroud Member Posts: 1,366
    gw2 i just lost interest within the first few days. Cant wait to try this though. PS2 was also a disappointment.

there are 2 types of mmo, imitators and innovaters.

• PsyMike3dPsyMike3d Member UncommonPosts: 388
    Originally posted by marcust
    Not lost interest but gone from having no other game on my radar to planning to play both after November 20th, assuming we get a west coast server and aussies can play without debilitating lag.

At least i dont have to pay subs for GW2... i guess, my main MMO will be DFUW and my second MMO will be GW2 just for some pve.

• FadedbombFadedbomb Member Posts: 2,081
    Not enough info as to what is actually going into DF2. Couldn't care any less than I already do at the moment.

The Theory of Conservative Conservation of Ignorant Stupidity:
    Having a different opinion must mean you're a troll.

• GreymoorGreymoor Member UncommonPosts: 802
    Totally agree, I just can't wait for gameplay vids to be released.
  • CaldrinCaldrin Member UncommonPosts: 4,505

I got utterly bored of the PVE in GW2 within the first week.. could not play WvWvW becausei was not willing to wait 30 mins to get into it..

Im not happy testing PS2 :)

Tho i will be playing this as well.

• kaiser3282kaiser3282 Member UncommonPosts: 2,759
    Yeah kind of feel the same. I was waiting for so long for DF 2.0 to finally come around, gave up waiting. Then i was like "Awesome GW2. Only game Ill be playing for a long time". Then they announced this and now I want to play DF again. Loved the 1st game, but the issues got out of hand and werent worth dealing with after awhile. But if they managed to really improve the game, im going to have a lot of trouble deciding wether to play DF or GW2 every day.
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,372

After playing one uninspiring MMO after another I decided to forego GW2 and retreat into my well of despair and resigned myself to playing EVE for the next several years. (not a bad game mind you, but sometimes you just want to swing a greatsword)

Then along comes the DFUW annoucement and I felt hope stirring, that maybe, just maybe there's a game on the horizon that might offer a truely different experience.

Now I'm skeptical, I don't feel AV did a great job with their first offering, but there's always hope that they learned a lot and this time around they'll really nail it.

Nothing ventured, nothing gained, we'll have to see how it goes, but it looks promising so far.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• Rorschach1797Rorschach1797 Member Posts: 19
    Originally posted by PsyMike3d
    Why? The moment i saw the DarkFall UW announcement, i immediately lost interest for GW2. I was playing GW2 and having fun, but only in PvE. Anyone else felt the same? :P

hahahaha /sign

• ah9559ah9559 Member Posts: 3
    I am also really excited, but i hope the dont make the same mistakes as with DF. 
  • ColdrenColdren Member UncommonPosts: 495

I'm also looking forward to it.

However... This is AV, and my memory isn't quite that shakey yet.... I seroiusly doubt it will release this year, or even early next year, but I'm hoping to be pleasntly surprised.

Originally posted by Coldren

I'm also looking forward to it.

However... This is AV, and my memory isn't quite that shakey yet.... I seroiusly doubt it will release this year, or even early next year, but I'm hoping to be pleasntly surprised.

Always consider that AV isn't a huge company like Blizzard or NCSoft... AV started with few ppl and also think about, what they have accomplished. They even made their own game engine! I simply respect them and their efforts.

• hcoelhohcoelho Member UncommonPosts: 529

I just can't see why you guys give AV credit yet.

I'm interested in this game as well, but i'm very sceptic about it as well. Darkfall 1 has many serious flaws, lots of them are Design flaws. If they don't change those as well it'll be just the same game with new skins.

• lilHealalilHeala Member UncommonPosts: 522
    Very sceptical because the original game was very dissapointing in many ways because it had that many issues and was underwhelming overall. Will have to see how it develops. But based on not much info I can't say it's on my radar yet.
  • NakedFuryNakedFury Member UncommonPosts: 411
    You all sound so hopeful after the failure of the original game. Do you guys think it will take another year for this mistery game to go gold? have they learned from the horrible mistakes of DF 1?

• GamefunGamefun Member Posts: 290

I didn't like Guild Wars 2 very much, I loved the graphics and the exploration but the RPG element was missing personally speaking. I'm definitely looking forward to Darkfall Unholy Wars, lets just hope Aventurine doesn't screw the pooch with this game.

• NakedFuryNakedFury Member UncommonPosts: 411
    how can mmo be missing from GW2? there are literaly a massive amount of players all over and its online. maybe you meant an aspect of the rpg part of mmorpg? 

• GamefunGamefun Member Posts: 290
    Originally posted by Flex1
    how can mmo be missing from GW2? there are literaly a massive amount of players all over and its online. maybe you meant an aspect of the rpg part of mmorpg? 

Fixed it, yeah I meant to say RPG, not MMO.

• RasputinRasputin Member UncommonPosts: 602

My problem with the first Darkfall, is that it suffered from poor game design. Almost to the level of no game design at all.

I want to see it before I believe, that Aventurine has actually become any good at game design. If not, then there is no way DF 2.0 will be a good game.

• GruntyGrunty Member EpicPosts: 8,657
    "I used to think the worst thing in life was to be all alone.  It's not.  The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel all alone."  Robin Williams
    Originally posted by Rasputin

My problem with the first Darkfall, is that it suffered from poor game design. Almost to the level of no game design at all.

I want to see it before I believe, that Aventurine has actually become any good at game design. If not, then there is no way DF 2.0 will be a good game.

i agree for the characters and some mobs.. i liked the environment though

• wuthdwuthd Member Posts: 5
    Originally posted by Rasputin

what do u mean with poor game design?

• BLOBtheTROLLBLOBtheTROLL Member Posts: 75

After I played darkfall  (2.5 years now) I never got interest for any other game :)  Anyone else felt the same? :P

• DnightzDnightz Member Posts: 43
    Can't stand any mmo without legitimate combat since Darkfall. Tab-target is just fucking dead on the inside in comparison.
  • Ramonski7Ramonski7 Member UncommonPosts: 2,662
    Good Luck AV the second time around. I hope they have really learned their lessons. I watched the developer's video about how the expansion morphed into a full blown game and I couldn't help but notice how most of them reminded me of european wiseguys... no offense mind you.

"Small minds talk about people, average minds talk about events, great minds talk about ideas."