Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I can't take it... giving EVE another try...

MindTriggerMindTrigger Member Posts: 2,596

I'm fed up.  I need a sandbox, and while I have had trouble on multiple occasions getting interested in EVE's early gameplay, I want to try again.

This time I want to do it differently though.  In the past, I just jumped in, felt alone for a week or two, and then left the game.  What I want to do this time is find a Corp that will help me get into the game.  I'm a hardcore sandbox lover, and I know that if I can just find a cool home, I will thrive and be helpful to the larger Corp.  I'm an adult gamer looking to enjoy time, business and war with other adults.

I'm wondering if anyone has the slightest clue about where I should start.  I know there is a system in game for this, but that doesn't really help me find a group that is likely to be open and friendly to noobs like me. 

Any thoughts?

A sure sign that you are in an old, dying paradigm/mindset, is when you are scared of new ideas and new technology. Don't feel bad. The world is moving on without you, and you are welcome to yell "Get Off My Lawn!" all you want while it happens. You cannot, however, stop an idea whose time has come.

Comments

• ZigZagsZigZags Member UncommonPosts: 381
    Unless you find a good corp to joinr ight away...its the same old feel each time. The longest I made it int he game was 2 months.

Dragnon - Guildmaster - Albion Central Bank in Albion Online

www.albioncentralbank.enjin.com

• MindTriggerMindTrigger Member Posts: 2,596
    That's what I want to do.  I just have no clue how to even begin looking for one that would be a good fit for me.

A sure sign that you are in an old, dying paradigm/mindset, is when you are scared of new ideas and new technology. Don't feel bad. The world is moving on without you, and you are welcome to yell "Get Off My Lawn!" all you want while it happens. You cannot, however, stop an idea whose time has come.

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498

Well, I personally have the greatest success finding a good  match on the recruiting forums

https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=topics&f=265&p=2

Most corps are pretty up front with their programs and whether or not they cater to newer players.

Generally, you'll likely want to focus on some corps that are a bit larger (say 50+) and have been around more than a few weeks.

Keep in mind, if anyone tries to convince you to pay to join, it's probably a scam, Goonwaffe and it's allies are notorious for preying on new players.

There's also an in game recuiting channel, however I find it to be too chaotic to my liking, but you might have better success.

Now if you are looking for some basic training with some good pilots, consider joining EVE university, always a great place to start if your serious about learning how to survive in EVE.

Look me up in game if you like, Torrstar is usually floating around somewhere.

One note, I'm US Eastern timezone, mostly on in the evening, if you see me on earlier in the day I'm likely to be AFK since I'm supposed to be working. image

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

Originally posted by Kyleran

Well, I personally have the greatest success finding a good  match on the recruiting forums

https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=topics&f=265&p=2

Most corps are pretty up front with their programs and whether or not they cater to newer players.

Generally, you'll likely want to focus on some corps that are a bit larger (say 50+) and have been around more than a few weeks.

Keep in mind, if anyone tries to convince you to pay to join, it's probably a scam, Goonwaffe and it's allies are notorious for preying on new players.

There's also an in game recuiting channel, however I find it to be too chaotic to my liking, but you might have better success.

Now if you are looking for some basic training with some good pilots, consider joining EVE university, always a great place to start if your serious about learning how to survive in EVE.

Look me up in game if you like, Torrstar is usually floating around somewhere.

One note, I'm US Eastern timezone, mostly on in the evening, if you see me on earlier in the day I'm likely to be AFK since I'm supposed to be working. image

Thanks for the information!  It's all very daunting, but I suppose therein lies the interest in the game.

• SuperDonkSuperDonk Member UncommonPosts: 759
    EvE being the only legit sandbox makes me want to cry. I have tried it three or four times but  I cannnot get into it at all.
    Originally posted by SuperDonk
    EvE being the only legit sandbox makes me want to cry. I have tried it three or four times but  I cannnot get into it at all.

I just set up my new character, and the character creator is friggin awesome.  The thing that is sad to me though, is that this 3D avatar only exists in this tiny area.  It really makes me wish we had a more traditional high quality Sci Fi sandbox MMO.

I'm going to give this another try, but I've done this about four times in the past myself.  For me, the problem is that they don't immerse you in a player community right away.  This is one place where even limited ambulation would kick ass for their franchise.  There should be social areas.  

I say that in the spirit of expanding the game, not taking away from what has made it a great game.  There is so much more potential here without causing issues for the FiS game.