Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Secret World: Unlimited Three Day Trial

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Funcom has announced a new unlimited three day trial for The Secret World. In addition, trial players who complete thirty missions will receive an extra two days playing time and if they are able to take down the first dungeon boss, they will receive a unique ring.

Defeat the fearsome Ur-Draug boss and complete the first dungeon in The Secret World, The Polaris, to get a unique reward – The Whispering Demon Ring. Equip this powerful ring to increase your stats and get an XP bonus in the early parts of the game.

Read more about the trial on The Secret World's page.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• CakeisyummehCakeisyummeh Member Posts: 194
    That's a pretty unique idea :o
  • tv2zulutv2zulu Member UncommonPosts: 73

There's been a 3 day trial for quite a while. 

Did they just update it with some rewards?

Maybe they should increase the lenght instead, I got a few hours in, then didn't have time until the trial expired.

• pupurunpupurun Member UncommonPosts: 561

O M G !  ! ! ! !  THREE WHOLE DAYS FOR ME TO TRY SW?

REALLY?

Get serious Funcom....Why should anyone get interested to have a 3 day (which poorly translates to a few hours of  gameplay)?

The game couldn't persuade the thousands that entered its BETA phases.And they could play it for a bit longer...

The game is surely headed for a FTP plan, i just hope they apply a much better design than the one at AOC

• Iced0verIced0ver Member Posts: 49
    So, does it include downloading time? Spend one, or more of yours days just downloading it. ha.
  • pupurunpupurun Member UncommonPosts: 561
    Originally posted by Iced0ver
    So, does it include downloading time? Spend one, or more of yours days just downloading it. ha.

That too! You are so right...Man some companies just don't get it...Three days trial...pff

• xRaZAxxRaZAx Member Posts: 11
    the game time starts when you logg inn the first time.. So the download time is not in the 3 day time.
  • FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,903
    Why bother when it still has a sub and they lost a ton of developers?
  • OnigodOnigod Member UncommonPosts: 756
    Originally posted by tv2zulu
    -
    -nvm, dunno why i cant delete posts, or atleast cant find out how to do so-
  • fenistilfenistil Member Posts: 3,005
    Why only three days?  Even years ago games have been giving 7-14 days trials and I've seen even longer.  I think 3 day one won't give them much.
  • liquescentliquescent Member UncommonPosts: 145
    They should just make Kingsmouth as a completely unlimited free trial zone.
  • eddieg50eddieg50 Member UncommonPosts: 1,809
    3 days is pathetic.  Do they really want people to play this game?  who is doing the marketing strategy- larry,curly and mo?
  • ReizlaReizla Member RarePosts: 4,092

Only 3 days, but it should be enough to see if TSW is something I'd like or not... Hopping in and keeping my fingers crossed ;-)

[EDIT]

Downloaded, installed and played for like 1 hour. Clearly not my kinda game (real fantasy lover here).

With that, the game makes my SLI config run to the max and to sat the graphics are so awesome for the noice generated by the 2 fans... With this much GPU power consumed I'd expect full physX and stuff like that, but instead, all stuff the characters have n them (hair clothes) are vert static and not moving at all. One plus thing though, I could set to maxed settings (manually since clicking ULTRA said I was short on memory - it doesn't count SLI RAM) and I had good performance

Looks like FunCom once again doesn't really deliver with their game. Both technically and my interest. Latter thing is pretty personal I think, but the first one is like, well, we all know what happened with Age of Conan and that crappy engine. At least TSW does give performance, but also forces maximal use of hardware...

• JaedorJaedor Member UncommonPosts: 1,173

Three days is plenty to see if you like it. If you complete the 30 mission, the trial is extended plus you get the ring upgrade. It's a nice freebie for someone wanting to check it out.

• BeackerBeacker Member UncommonPosts: 440
    This is a laughable attempt to try to pull in new customers. Funcom is clearly hurting for money and trying to bleed it out any way they can. If they actually did a good job on AoC I bet they would have sold more than 200k subs. I think it is a mixture of the fact Funcom made this game and that it is like a real world fantasy based game that is not appealing to the masses.
  • KenzeKenze Member UncommonPosts: 1,217
    3 days is pretty smart on funcoms part.. given any longer and you might actually get deep enough in game to see where the  "fun" starts to fall apart. this way they might get a month or two of sub money from you before you realise what 150k of their 200k buyers found out the long hard way.

Watch your thoughts; they become words.
    Watch your words; they become actions.
    Watch your actions; they become habits.
    Watch your habits; they become character.
    Watch your character; it becomes your destiny.
    —Lao-Tze

• polarkatpolarkat Member Posts: 1
    Wow!! Only a few months of game play and we begin the spoon feed already??? Lets just skip the next year all together and max the new players level and skip the fun.
  • ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    While I enjoy gw2 more as pvp and exploring are my things. Hope this gets them some players, it is a decent pve mmo, the dungeons are top notch, best on the market.
  • kevjardskevjards Member UncommonPosts: 1,452
    Originally posted by ShakyMo
    While I enjoy gw2 more as pvp and exploring are my things. Hope this gets them some players, it is a decent pve mmo, the dungeons are top notch, best on the market.

i went into 2 dungeons today for the first time and got my ass handed to me on a plate more than once..i love how you get the story has your travelling thru.i for one am glad i bought a lifetime for this game.its well worth it imo.i dont rush.still in blue mountains trundling along and having a blast.

• ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    Don't be put off by aoc, I can't stand Aoc. Tsw is a better game than Aoc, performance is leaps ahead.
  • Methos12Methos12 Member UncommonPosts: 1,244
    I would prefer an endless trial limited to level X range and some features cut out instead of this "unlimited trial" that lasts for 3+2 days.
    Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.
  • NobleNerdNobleNerd Member UncommonPosts: 759
    [mod edit] After their whole AoC mess I will not load anything with their logo onto my computer. Now massive layoffs and down sizing will either lead to a rebirth of a better company of complete failure and demise. Either way a 3 day trial is like a slap in the face to any gamer! GET REAL FUNCOM!

• CujoSWAoACujoSWAoA Member UncommonPosts: 1,781
    The website should do away with Comments after news articles.
  • AndistotleAndistotle Member UncommonPosts: 124
    Hope some of you will try it out. The game is just brilliant. Best dungeons and Pve content on the marked for sure.. Its a shame that funcom have such a bad reputation that many wont even try it just because of their history alone.. The secret world is the best MMO on the marked at the moment, and is alot better then GW2 in my opinion.
  • roo67roo67 Member Posts: 402
    I always get the impression that Funcom just dont get it .
  • XTREM1337XTREM1337 Member Posts: 24

TSW = Epic Fail - Sooo boring...

The Old Republic ROCK

JEDI MASTER SOTANAX
    SWG PRE-CU