Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Any rumors of DAOC 2???

CamthylionCamthylion Member UncommonPosts: 220

I want DAOC 2 pretty badly, now that EA owns it, and its Mythic Bioware.  Has anyone at all heard a rumor that EA

's Mythic Bioware studios are working up a new Camelot?  I would kill for any news on this or rumors!

Comments

• BartDaCatBartDaCat Member UncommonPosts: 813

Erm...  The fact that EA absorbed Mythic is probably one of the primary reasons to stay far away from DAoC 2, if it really is in the works.

Don't get me wrong, I loved DAoC (pre-ToA), but EA is the King Midas of Turd County, and everything it touches, it turns to big smelly piles of poo.

• wrightstufwrightstuf Member UncommonPosts: 659

Mythic thought warhammer online would be a daoc 2 of sorts...unfortunately

• rguilbertrguilbert Member Posts: 107

Closest thing upcoming is Dominus.

• GorillaGorilla Member UncommonPosts: 2,235

As has been pointed out EA and WAR are pretty much the final nails in the cofin for DAoC 2.

If realm vs realm was one of the things that you enjoyed about DAoC then you might want to check out Guild Wars 2.

• CamthylionCamthylion Member UncommonPosts: 220

Maybe Bioware Mythic can learn from their mistakes, if they use their funds along with EA.... they could launch a good MMO.  I mean SWTOR wasn't terrible nor was Warhammer Online.  They just missed the target, they could have been great, now with both of those companies combined following under EA(EA funds).  They should be able to pull together and make something worth while?

I mean ya I don't have much hope but dang it looks like they could make atleast 1 MMO worthwhile.

• GorillaGorilla Member UncommonPosts: 2,235

Originally posted by Camthylion

Maybe Bioware Mythic can learn from their mistakes, if they use their funds along with EA.... they could launch a good MMO.  I mean SWTOR wasn't terrible nor was Warhammer Online.  They just missed the target, they could have been great, now with both of those companies combined following under EA(EA funds).  They should be able to pull together and make something worth while?

I mean ya I don't have much hope but dang it looks like they could make atleast 1 MMO worthwhile.

The whole point is they don't exist anymore they have been completely 'swallowed up' by EA. It is not a question of 'learning from mistakes' it's a question of EA going through a paradigm shift and that is unlikely to happen with the incumbant management.

• ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    You are better looking at dominus, gw2 or the upcoming zenimax/bethseda mmo. Seen as all those games have more daoc people on them than at eabioware. Only mythic people at ea are bsers like hickman & barnet and the newbies they took on post takeover
  • rungardrungard Member Posts: 1,035

dont look at the companies who make the games because they are like hockey teams. Players move around.

where are all the passionate developers of doac now... are they working for EA.. or maybe someone else....

• morpheus.mmomorpheus.mmo Member Posts: 1

If we want a DAOC2 we should fund it, like the players did for wasteland 2.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/inxile/wasteland-2?ref=live

kickstarter is a great way to do this.

If someone creates a real DAOC 2 Kickstarter project, I'd donate more than a few $$ to it...

• VicanVican Member Posts: 1

Originally posted by rguilbert

Closest thing upcoming is Dominus.

Just found out the game Dominus which looks like it trying to be close to DAOC.  

But there is post now that game has been shutdown for lack of funds.

• dead2soondead2soon Member Posts: 149

Rift is introducing large scale 3 faction zone wide pvp for control points in 1.9 . I wonder how closely they will model that to DAOC. It goes to their PTS server on Thursday so we'll see if it's any good.

• TurkeyBurgerTurkeyBurger Member Posts: 49
    Originally posted by BartDaCat EA is the King Midas of Turd County, and everything it touches, it turns to big smelly piles of poo.

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL! Oh lawds.

• MastaraMastara Member Posts: 9
    DAOC 2! Now
  • Alpinestar23Alpinestar23 Member Posts: 1
    Originally posted by morpheus.mmo

If we want a DAOC2 we should fund it, like the players did for wasteland 2.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/inxile/wasteland-2?ref=live

kickstarter is a great way to do this.

If someone creates a real DAOC 2 Kickstarter project, I'd donate more than a few $$ to it...

I've actually never heard of the kickstart program untill tonight, I'm not sure who to talk to or if we should get ahold of but if these posts get big enough and enough people agree to donate then the daoc community should get a donation fund and see what we could come up with.  

I was a die hard daoc fan i would love to see a daoc 2 actually be sucessful. Personally i don't know where to look or who to contact to pitch the idea but if anyone does speak up!

• miguksarammiguksaram Member UncommonPosts: 835
    I don't know about DAOC 2 but I have to wonder if the last few posters played Albion because they totally just Necro'd this thread.
  • ThenThen Member UncommonPosts: 80

The biggest problem that xists in the MMO community, is the thought that something would ever be as great as...

No matter who devs what, its like an x-girlfriend, unless you are over her, you will never move on.

So get over the x-mmo, move on because no matter what we do, you will never get that feeling from 

anything you play that you got from DAOC, not even DAOC 2 will do it for you, because in essencse its not your

X. 

It is something else, new, different, the feeling will always be different.

The sooner we can understand this, the quicker we will get a next gen mmo that everyone loves.

Because we as a community needs to move past old loves.

• ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    If ea made daoc 2 it would be a shite wow clone and a very pale imitation if the original.

Most of the actual talent at mythic has moved on to arenanet, zenimax online, Id, pitch black and other studios or just quit the industry in disgust.

You should too.

Ea with the mythic marketing droids like Geoff hickman and gabe amangetello will NEVER make a decent mmo, never mind a worthy successor to daoc.