Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

GW2 crafting a money sink?

is it just me or gw2 is a money sink to lvl up at the lowbie crafting> just wondering cause maybe i'm doing something wrong. I'm lvl 37 necromancer atm. think i should hit cap lvl first then worry bout crafting afterwards?

Comments

• vort3xvort3x Member Posts: 129

Well from my experience and a short answer to your question - Yes, it does require some investment. However, crafting yellow (rare) items and selling them does make for a small profit in the end...

But yeah, I guess leveling your crafting up will require you to spend some money, unless you can farm all the mats for inscriptions on your own, which i doubt you can, unless you're masochistic :P

• SzyporynSzyporyn Member Posts: 122

Originally posted by aligada87
    is it just me or gw2 is a money sink to lvl up at the lowbie crafting> just wondering cause maybe i'm doing something wrong. I'm lvl 37 necromancer atm. think i should hit cap lvl first then worry bout crafting afterwards?

Yes you are doing it wrong, you are in fact posting about GW2 in the WWIIOL forum... :)

• SaintPhilipSaintPhilip Member Posts: 713
    Crafting In WW2Online is very primitive. It IS a huge Money Sink and grindy as hell. But at max level you can craft an A-Bomb =D
  • Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

Well, for some reason are the first 2 tiers (skill 1-175) rather expensive, but it is because crafting components is really expensive there at the trading post. T3 stuff is a lot cheaper.

My main is lvl 56 and I can craft lvl 50 rare leather armors and lvl 35 rare weapons without grinding too much. I also have paid about the same amount as I got in from it due to the fact that lvl 35 rare stuff also sells for 30-40 silver each. 

But I got some stuff sent by guildies since I am the guilds leather crafter. Not that much but it saves me some hours of grinding.

Crafting is no huge moneysink, but you will feel it in your coinpurse for the first 35 levels or so until you can start making the first rare stuff unless you grind a lot.

Edit: Why is this in WW2O?

• aligada87aligada87 Member UncommonPosts: 234
    Originally posted by Szyporyn

Yes you are doing it wrong, you are in fact posting about GW2 in the WWIIOL forum... :)

lol maybe i did it on purpose because i didn't want to hear it from actual gw forum lol

• aligada87aligada87 Member UncommonPosts: 234
    well i'm not a masochist but i do farm for my mats. since im a minion necro its easy for me since i just aoe a group of mobs together. but even then i can only farm so much mats. so you guys said that 1-75 is expensive does it get better past that? cause im only 25 on crafting but it's taking silver from me lol. just wanted to make sure that the crafting will be worth it at the end?